Prospect Hill B&B Inn, Garden, Banquet Room

Prospect Hill B&B Inn, Garden, Banquet Room

Mountain view for smaller weddings with complete planning services

801 W. Main St. / Hwy. 67

Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I stumbled upon Prospect Hill Bed and Breakfast while searching for a wedding venue. Their website is extremely detailed and updated regularly. After contacting Judy, we stopped in for a visit to discuss our ideal small wedding and see the house and grounds. Judy showed us around and we decided this was the place for us! After picking our date and signing a contract, we went home (2 states away). I never worried for a minute that things would not be perfect. Judy and Robert took care of every detail and the wedding was amazing. We also stayed in room 1 and it was so calming and comfortable. The jetted tub was so relaxing! The garden is beautiful and has a great mountain view. Our family was so amazed at how perfect our wedding was. Judy made a wonderful cake and arranged the most beautiful bouquet and table centerpieces. The price was very reasonable and included so many things you normally pay extra for. I am so grateful to Judy and Robert for making our special day stress free and perfect.

• Wedding: 09/20/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding was perfect ! Judy &Robert did a wonderful job with our wedding.This is such a beautiful place for a wedding.

• Wedding: 06/13/2014
2.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 2.0
  • Value: 2.0
  • Flexibility: 2.0

I have to begin by saying the B&B is lovely and has great views of the mountains for fall weddings. With that said though it does only accommodate up to 70 (very tightly) and uncomfortably.
Further, this B&B is owned and operated by a married couple. The wife claims to offer "professional" wedding services. Throughout my wedding experience it seemed these "services" only seemed to complicate things. We chose to use a different florists other than the one she recommended (which happened to be her sister) and there was conflict there. We chose to use a different caterer than the one she recommended and there was conflict there. It seemed as though if we didn't follow every suggestion she had then there was a conflict arise. In addition, on the website it states that linens and china will be included and all other "extras" would be an extra charge; however, it was continually mentioned there would be an additional charge for these items.
She was very responsive (thus why she got a 5); however, the responsiveness was often times hateful and overall unprofessional. I would NEVER go back and do my wedding again knowing how difficult she would make things. As an example. the pastor which we paid her for canceled and returned our moneys to the B&B and she stated she deserved to keep the money for all the "professional services" she had to do for the wedding. She literally only provided the location which was already paid for and it took an act of congress to receive the funding back.

Prospect Hill B&B Inn, Garden, Banquet Room responded with the following comments:

A comment on the less than stellar review on this site: Not every wedding is perfect for this location Infrequently--and no matter how much all parties want a venue to work for them -- the full assessment of "the match" (or lack of it) isn't made until well past the commitment phase (sounds a little like a relationship, doesn't it?) This particular wedding should have been held at a larger (and more expensive) venue elsewhere. The minister quit for personal reasons known only to him; the timing was unfortunate.

The complainer attempted to seat too LARGE a group of people, DJ, buffet tables, two gift tables, a tree, two cake tables and a bunch of decorations--all in a room where it could never fit. The bridal family did not want to hear they were wrong. And they would not listen to suggestions to make the set up more pleasant for those attending. Luckily, 12 people failed to show up at that wedding, giving the guests stuffed in a too-small room some relief!

As the planner, I'm going to identify (and try to fix) things which will mess up a wedding or rehearsal dinner. I'm not in the business of "changing your vision." I'm there to "make your day wonderful."

We care deeply about your guests as well as about your "vision." We take all the decisions made for a wedding seriously. We are the one who is most familiar with our facility and most likely to know what works and what doesn't. We will tell you the truth about both. Most importantly, we strive to have all parties trust each other and work together to create the perfect wedding, reception and destination weekend.

We have also modified our "formal seated meal size" to about 50 when there is a buffet line indoors and no more than 65 when there is a plated meal. We KNOW this works. LARGER groups must allow some guests to be seated on the patio OR use a "cockatil party" (casual) set up with no assigned seats and generally no formal place setting set up. At some point a tent really IS the way to go to get enough space! (And yes, that costs extra.) As a result of being truthful about what fits (and what won't) we lose some event bookings. We feel "providing the best" is far better than promising something we can't deliver.

Along the way, we look for bridal couples who trust our experience and our ability to make it all turn out great. Being "right" is not as important and "making it delightful."

We are really sorry that that bride (and her mother who posted angry reviews all over the place) did not get exactly what they wanted. A public apology to a public figure (the mother) is all we can provide now that the wedding is behind them and the couple is happily married.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Profile Picture
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had an elopement ceremony and could not have been more pleased. Robert and Judy were wonderful and worked with us every step of the way to make sure our day was perfect.

• Wedding: 04/14/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If I had to do my wedding all over again I wouldn't do a THING differently. My wedding was absolutely perfect thanks to the staff at Prospect Hill. It's SO MUCH cheaper than having a big wedding and you can relax and leave the planning to the staff. They do a remarkable job. My wedding was stress free, beautiful, budget-friendly, and absolutely wonderful. I would recommend it to everyone planning a wedding.

• Wedding: 07/16/2011
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Photography, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I can't say enough about what Prospect Hill did for our wedding. Unfortunately, neither my husband nor I are very good at planning or organizing anything. They did everything for us, and it was one of the most beautiful days in both of our lives. I recommend them to anyone planning a small wedding.

• Wedding: 05/28/2011
423-727-0139
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire