Pronovias

Value
Flexibility
Private User
06/28/2014

Absolutely loved my experience at Pronovias in NYC. Their dresses are gorgeous. You just can't find dresses like theirs at small boutiques or David's Bridal (even though small boutiques carry Pronovias the quality just isn't there). The staff was all very pleasant and excited for me which was nice.
Only complaints...the woman helping to find my dress left a little to be desired. Once I found the dress however her attitude changed. She was going to bring us champagne to celebrate and forgot. During the alteration process, the seamstress said she would be the only one working on my gown. I was surprised when a different seamstress was there for the second fitting. Lastly, they didn't sew my veil to the hair piece. They said everything was all set at the time of pick up. Thankfully my day of makeup artist had some sewing skills and was able to sew the veil to the comb on the wedding day!!
The complaints really don't change my view of Pronovias. My dress was absolutely gorgeous. It fit like a glove and all of my guests said it was the most beautiful wedding dress they've ever seen!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I am obsessed with my wedding dress - the Pronovias designs are so timeless and classically elegant. Thank you!

Samantha & Luke
Recently Married
4.7

The dresses at Pronovias are absolutely stunning, the quality is amazing, and yet the prices are still reasonable (s been very easy to book follow-up appointments and fittings.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

My dress was perfect. The service at Pronovias flagship store in NYC was amazing. From the front desk to the sales associate & the seamstresses, it was amazing. I bought my dress on my first visit to the store. I never felt pressured at any point. The craftsmanship of my dress could rival anyone. I had about 4 fittings & the seamstress Nordia, kept me in stitches and helped me get the most perfect fit ever. I'm so happy I didn't settle and I came here.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

When it came time for me to shop for the perfect wedding gown, I knew that Pronovias was top on my list. I had always dreamed of wearing a lace wedding gown, and Pronovias is well known for their beautiful lace gowns. I went to Pronovias with my mother and we met with Rhina, my bridal consultant. I told Rhina the type of wedding gown I was looking for. Rhina was very nice, friendly and knowledgeable. She chose several gowns for me to try on. The last gown was my dream dress. Rhina also put on the most beautiful veil I had ever seen. I just loved them both. I knew I had found the perfect gown and veil, but, I had an appointment the following week at Kleinfeld's and wanted to keep my options open. I told Rhina about this appointment, and she was very understanding, and did not pressure me into ordering the dress and veil. I knew in my heart that I would be back to order the dress. I did go to my appointment at Kleinfeld's, but, I did not find a dress that I really loved. I went back to Pronovias and ordered my gown and veil. Rhina was amazing! She has a really good eye in finding the perfect dress and made the experience so wonderful. When I went for my first fitting, I met with Elise. Elise was so friendly. She made my first fitting so much fun. I had a couple of more fittings and the entire staff at Pronovias was wonderful. I had a fantastic experience at Pronovias. I received so many compliments on my wedding day. Many of my guests told me they had never seen such a beautiful wedding gown and veil. I totally agree! If you are looking for your dream wedding gown, you have to go to Pronovias. You will not regret it.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Great staff, value and quality. My Pronovias gown was dream come true!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Linda worked with my daugher and was spot on with her suggestions. It was as if she had known my daughter her whole life! Susan completed the alterations -- which were spectacular. The charges were a bargain. I purchased my mother-of-the-bride dress and all of the bridesmaids found their dresses at Bridal Traditions as well.

D. Ezell
05/05/2013

I purchased my dress from the flagship store in NYC, and every step of the process, from consultation, to fitting to shipping was perfect. My dress was everything I could have dreamed of. Highly recommend Pronovias!!! I felt like a princess.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I got my dress from the Pronovias flagship store in NYC. The service was spectacular! Everyone was very helpful. The seamstress was phenomenal! I wanted a few changes made to the dress and she did an outstanding job! Overall, very impressed with Pronovias. :)

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I absolutely loved me dress. It was well made and very unique. It's a little tricky making appointments.

3.2

Although I LOVED my dress and wouldn't trade it for the world, Pronovias was not the easiest place to deal with. They were hard to get in touch with via phone or email. I tried to get a swatch of my gown to match my flower girl dress with and it took many phone calls. Also, I wanted to work with the same alterations person, but they kept switching me around even though I had asked many times to have the same person. Also, they had forgot to attach my belt and I wasn't able to see it on the dress until the day of the wedding. But...Pronovias has wonderful gowns. Maybe it is worth purchasing from there, and then having alterations done elsewhere so that you don't have to deal with them.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I had a wonderful experience at Pronovias and found my perfect dress there. The dresses look and feel far more expensive than they are. I feel beautiful in my dress, and the shopping experience was much less painful than I anticipated.

I went with my mother and one of my bridesmaids, and out of the three salons we visited in NYC, Pronovias had the best customer service by far. Pronovias was our next-to-last stop of the day, and although I was almost certain that I had found my dress, I felt like I needed to go to my last appointment just to be sure. I really appreciated that the consultants did not pressure me into buying it right then, and even encouraged me to keep my last appointment to make sure that I was comfortable with my decision. I ended up cutting the appointment short; by trying on more dresses, it became clear that the Pronovias dress was my dress. Pronovias let us come back, even though they were about to close for the day, and let me try on the dress again before processing my order.

I chose to have my dress altered at Pronovias and recently had my first fitting. It was a great experience, and I love my dress even more. I can't wait to wear it down the aisle!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Pronovias is the most amazing bridal salon in New York City. The service, the store, and the dresses are impeccable. The attendents and seamtresses are so pleasant and helpful. I loved the first dress I tried on, but didn't believe it could be the "one". I went to another bridal salon thay day (where I had a horrible experience and the dresses were more expensive!), and turned right back around to Pronovias to buy the first dress. The dress, veil, alterations and belt all came within my budget and I credit the Pronovias team for helping to put it together!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

This is an absolutely beautiful bridal salon and I would highly recommend any bride to be with any budget to check this place out! I got the dress of my dreams (all 7 foot train and all!) from a highly intuitive
salesperson by the name of Caitlin Brennan. It was the very first dress I tried on after speaking to her about style & budget! I tried on others but she got it right on the first shot!!

My only comments would be to stick to your guns on how you want things altered with the seamstresses as they want to do things 'their way'. (eg; they wanted to take in the bust at the top which would change the silhouette completely) Obviously I didn't let this happen!

My other comment is that when i got my dress home there were 2 black spots on the train. Luckily my veil covered these up or I would have had a melt down. Just be sure to check the entire dress before you leave the store with it, i'm sure this doesn't happen often as they are an extremely professional business.

I would still highly recommend this salon!!

Anonymous
2+ years ago
4.2

My dress from Pronovias NY was gorgeous! Choosing my dress was so simple and it was all thanks to my consultant Katerina. She knew how to weed out choices based on my shape and what I was telling her I liked. Ironically, I ended up choosing something that I did not expect- a lace and tulle ballgown called Alcanar. Alcanar became the theme to my whole wedding. It was soft, romantic, whimsical and just absolutely beautiful! I could not have asked for a better dress. The reason why I did not give Pronovias a 5 out of 5 is because 1. changing an appt or getting in touch with your consultant after leaving the store is a very hard task and 2. my dress (after 4 fittings) ended up being too long on the day of the wedding. It was very strange, I wore my shoes to two of the four fittings, but still on the day of it was too long. We do not know if it was due to the steaming of the dress or what, but it all worked out in the end. They are an amazing store with gorgeous dresses. Even if you do not end up buying here, I would say go for the NY experience.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

This place is awesome. If you have the budget for it, I definitely recommend coming here. The customer service and helpfulness is outstanding. The selection is wide for lace dresses.