PRO DJs

4.7
Flexibility
Private User
Recently Married

Oh wow. I could rave about DK from Pro DJs forever. We were on a fairly tight budget, which led us to Pro DJs to begin with. DK was so respectable of our budget and never tried to convince us to get "add-ons" and also never made us feel like we were cheapskates. We had only one meeting with him, but it was super professional. He helped walk us through the day step-by-step, and helped us troubleshoot all the things we didn't think of ourselves. He was the single vendor that did not stress me out once during the whole wedding process.

We had some special requests of him (i.e. we needed him to play music for the prelude and part of the ceremony, but had a friend play me down the aisle on her keyboard, which required a complex setup) and our venue was a little bit difficult (it was on a boat with a dining room separated from the dance floor, necessitating complex speaker placement for optimal dinner and reception music--and our venue wouldn't allow us to wire into their system), but he executed everything flawlessly. Finally, he had only an HOUR to set this all up. And he did it by himself. And it was perfect. I wouldn't hesitate to use DK again. Seriously. I hope I can find a reason to use him again!

Anonymous
2+ years ago

We worked with DK within Pro DJ's and he was great. We met a couple weeks before the wedding and went over the day of timeline, wedding party pronunciations, and all of the other details. At the wedding he was great about getting people where they needed to be for the prayer, toasts, and dances, so I didn't have to worry about a thing! He got a feel for our guests music preferences and so was able to keep the dance floor packed the whole night!

Services Used: DJ

We hired DK after meeting with several DJs. He came highly recommended by a family friend who usually doesn't have many nice things to say about anyone or anything. He was so easy to work with! He met with me the week of my wedding and I let him know I was going to do a surprise hula dance for my husband. He was able to find the correct version of the song and play it at a very specific time. All I had to do was give him a nod! So cool! And he had a great selection of Hawaiian music we used during the cocktail hour and great standards during dinner. My guests were raving how the song selection just kept getting better and better! And he was able to read the crowd and played lots of Katy Perry and Miley Cyrus when it was just the kids out on the dance floor at 11:30pm! I highly recommend DK!

Services Used: DJ

Rich did not try to be the center of attention. he was a great mc and really kept the energy up the whole time.

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ

DK was amazing, I couldn't have asked for any better.

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ

DK did such an amazing job with our event, he exceeded every expectation that we had for the day! From the first time that we met with him we felt very calm and 100% confident about the event. He was so helpful with putting together the layout of the ceremony and reception and did such a spectacular job reading the crowd. He kept everyone dancing all night long! He mixed in all of our requested music, and some of the favorites that we forgot to include. We are still getting compliments from our guests on how wonderful he was! I would recommend him a 1000 times to anyone out there! DK was professional and personable, everything you want for your wedding or special event! Thank you DK!

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ

DK was a wonderful DJ. He help keep our wedding events flow and people loved the music. We had all ages out on the dance floor. I would recommend him to our friends. He was very easy to work with.

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ

I worked with DK and he was great. He had everyone at my wedding laughing. He was so professional. He was great to work with. I did not know what I wanted to play at my wedding and he helped me with picking songs. I was able to give him a list to play and the rest he filled in with whatever he wanted. I think that he had a great selection of songs. I loved him so much!!!! If I ever need a dj again I will be calling him.

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ

PRO DJS is a really good DJ service. the DJ i had (DJ ERick) ws very professional, he's very easy to get hold of, very flexible and veeery helpful. he really kept the crowd going,and my guests loved him!!!

Services Used: DJ

We were very pleased and happy with there services. The DJ's were great, they did an exceptional job. The dance floor was never empty and everyone had such a great time. Mary who took the pictures throughout the day did such a great job and was able to capture wonderful candid pictures throughout the night

Services Used: DJ

This DJ company was AMAZING!!! Honestly finding a dj was one of my biggest worries for my wedding because from my experience all the dj's i have seen have been really cheesy and annoying. Also, in past wedding i have gone to I ended up not being to impressed with the DJ. This DJ was recommended to me by a fellow co-worker and this DJ does all his family events and came highly recommended. I ended up meeting with Dj and my co-worker was right this guy was amazing. he was professional, easy-going, NOT CHEESY or ANNOYING it was an instant YES i want YOU for my wedding. From there DK at pro DJ's made my life alot easier when it came down to the music. DK has you fill out your wedding music/wedding timeline online on their website whichi thought was very easy and professional to do. He has everything when it comes to music and if he doesnt he will get it, at no charge to you. The price was amazing. At the wedding DK was AMAZING. He would come to our head table and make sure we didnt need anything. He got the crowd going and made sure he knew my family and the ones who were giving the toasts. Like my co-worker i will continue to use Dk at Pro Djs.

paperchase1
08/15/2009

I was very happy with PRO DJs. DK spent a lot of time detailing what his company offers and helping us to determine what we needed. We felt at ease after meeting with him and felt like we would be taken care of. He had several packages to choose from. We chose something in between that allowed us to meet with our DJ in advance and fine tune the details.

Our DJ Mario Magano took great care of us. We didn't provide a great deal of direction on purpose, as this is his area of expertise and we were very happy with the results. We did provide a few songs for the specific ceremony moments and gave him some genres of music that we enjoyed. Aside from that, he had creative license to get the party started and he did. The music played that he chose to use between the ceremony and reception was perfect. At the end of the night, he gave us a CD of the songs we chose as a keepsake which we appreciated very much.

3.9

Super convenient. You can design your play list on line. He also had great sugestions for non-traditional music for the wedding ceremony. People loved what he played even though it wasn't exactly what I requested.

Chris
06/20/2009

DK was great from our first contact with him. He answered all my questions quickly and really helped out in the initial stages of our planning.

Our DJ Matt did a good job with the music, playing our requests and mixing in other music that our guests responded to well. We had a miscommunication with one of our special songs, but we had made a change a few days ahead of time, and thought it was communicated well enough.

We did have a problem that the wireless lapel microphone for our officiant did not work, but this the only technical issue that came up. We did not request or need a huge set-up or lightshow, so it was very economical for our needs.

Services Used: DJ

D.K. was GREAT!!! He kept the whole flow of the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception and it was all seamless. He played what we asked him to play and he didn't play what we asked him not to play. 95% of our guests stayed until the very end because he kept the party on the dance floor. Their online planning tool is also wonderful and super easy, but meeting with D.K. before we started our planning tool was very helpful. I HIGHLY recommend PRO DJs!

kpurpur
09/06/2008
3.2

I feel that the company, Pro DJ, is a good company but the DJ I got had a horrible sound system. My home speakers had better sound than his. It was extremely disappointing!!! Also, I told him the genres I wanted him to play for background music at my wedding and he played those genres but none of it was music from the last three decades! My maid of honor went up to him durring the dinner and asked him to play some more upbeat music and he didn't listen until I went up to him and told him. He was a nice guy and he was professional and was there early. The sound and music selection was really bad.

PRO DJs responded with the following comments:

Response from Ed Barret (DJ hired for this event):

I am sorry, I had to follow the rules of the venue and If you talk to curator Marilyn she will verify that I was told to keep the sound down. I played everything she asked...including her personal requests she walked up and asked me to play.