Pretty in Pink Events-Chic Designs

Value:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Isabel from Pretty in Pink Events did the flowers for my wedding last month and did such an amazing job! Being on a budget, my husband and I had a hard time finding a florist who would stick within our means while still providing the look and feel that we wanted for the wedding.

From the beginning, Isabel was so kind and I already felt confidence in her knowing wanted I wanted even though I didn't know exactly myself. My bouquet was more beautiful than I had ever expected and all of our guests complimented the centerpieces! In fact, I didn't get to take any home because all the guest had already taken them! The bouquets, the boutonnieres and all the rest of the flowers fit in so perfectly with the theme and completed the ambiance of the whole wedding.

I would highly recommend Isabel to any of my friends and family. She was very easy to work with, and as I had mentioned, I trusted her from the beginning and her work on the day of the wedding definitely exceeded our expectations!

• Wedding: 08/23/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Isabel is such a creative detail oriented person. She was able to understand and execute the vision I had for my wedding day. It was perfect!

Tania

• Wedding: 03/29/2014
Services Used: Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Isabel was my best wedding vendor. I was given her contact information by my wedding coordinator. I took a look at her website and I loved her beautiful floral designs. Each arrangement was gorgeous and I had a feeling she would be out of my price range but I decided to still contact her. When I met Isabel she was very stylish and seemed great to work with. I told her my budget and what I wanted and she said that she would be able to work with my budget. Initially I wanted only half of my tables to have floral designs to cut down on costs and the other half of the tables would be DIY. Isabel understood that and even offered suggestions on what to do. In the end I ended up having her do all my tables since it was more convenient and she was able to give me good pricing. I really wanted tall arrangements for some of my tables and even though it was costly she helped design a round tall floral arrangement that was w/in my price range and still looked full and beautiful. I had 4 different floral arrangements and I loved all of them. I would have never been able to come up w/ any of her floral ideas. I didn't really know what type of table arrangements I wanted but I told her I wanted a romantic feel. Each of the arrangements were romantic and beautiful. Her best work was my wedding bouquet. It was the most beautiful bouquet that included garden roses, roses, succulents, dahlias, and the perfect fillers. Holding it made me feel like a true bride and it was everything and more than I envisioned. The bridal party bouquets and boutonnieres were also gorgeous. All my guests loved all the flower arrangements. Isabel did such an amazing job making my wedding an even more special occasion. I know she loves what she does and she has such great vision and design. It was always so easy to contact her and get a quick response. I would totally recommend her for anyone who is looking for flower arrangements. Thank you Isabel for helping make my wedding an even more amazing event!

• Wedding: 10/19/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Isabel did a great job with the floral arrangements for my sister's wedding, so my husband and I decided to hire her as well. All of our wedding flowers were absolutely beautiful and complimented our outdoor wedding perfectly, thanks to Isabel. Poor Isabel had to deal with my indecisiveness and then my crazy specific, every-detail-must-be-perfect, personality, but she took it in stride. We were on a strict budget, but she did a great job of giving us options that would create the visual look we were going for.

Also, extra kudos to Isabel for recognizing a bride in distress. She had warned me that the coral peonies we ordered may not be as light as the pastel ones I had seen in pictures. However, when she showed me my bouquet the morning of the wedding, I had a mini freak out in my head because they were so much brighter than I had envisions. I tried to be okay with it, since I figured there was nothing I could do about it, but then Isabel offered to switch out the coral peonies for the lighter pink/peach peonies she had on hand for other arrangements. After the switch, I loved my bouquet. The bright coral peonies ended up in our table arrangements, which looked awesome. The pop of color was just what our tent reception needed.

My mom (and a lot of the other mommy's in attendance) could not stop raving about how much they loved the floral arrangements at the wedding. That's definitely a stamp of approval :)

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Isabel did an amazing job for our wedding. We sort of waited until the last minute to select a florist, so it was a complete relief to have Isabel on our side. She was incredibly responsive, helpful in guiding us in flower selection (we really had no idea what we liked when we started), and delivered some absolutely gorgeous arrangements. Our guests made numerous comments about how pretty the flowers were and we were 100% satisfied with every piece that Isabel created for us. There is no question that we would recommend Isabel's services to anyone -- she is a wonderful florist and helped make our wedding extra special with her arrangements.

• Wedding: 03/23/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Isabel Fortman, owner of Pretty in Pink Events- Chic Designs, is absolutely amazing and a joy to work with! To Isabel: We couldn't be more happy with everything you did for our wedding!! You are so incredibly talented and one of the most thoughtful designers in this industry! Working with you was such a great experience that put us completely at ease. You understood our vision and took it to another level of perfection! We must have sent over 50 emails back and forth to one another, in addition to phone calls and skype sessions! I was so floored when you brought me my wedding bouquet and it had peonies! It was such a special surprise and one that did not go unnoticed! We even saved some of our centerpieces and travelled around wine country with them bringing to each hotel so our room would look and smell as beautiful as our wedding ceremony!

Thank you, thank you, thank you Isabel!! XOXO

• Wedding: 08/10/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I worked with Isabel for my July 2012 wedding at a beautiful museum in the bay area. I cannot say enough amazing things about Isabel. From start to finish, she was so flexible, professional, informative, and very honest and forward about her prices. She knew my budget and she stayed within it. She maximizes your budget, and her creativity and professional experience help to create a beautiful environment on the day of. The centerpieces, the aisles, the cake table, the escort card table, everything she did, she made gorgeous. It was more than I ever thought someone could do with my budget, and she was so respectful to me and my family. She works hard, and she is always on time with e-mails, meetings, etc. I loved everything from the bouquets and boutineers, to the birdcages and old fashioned typewriter she added for a vintage feel on our escort card table. She is truly an artist and does more than just flowers, she could design your whole look!!

• Wedding: 07/07/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Isabel Fortman at Pretty in Pink is absolutely aaammazing and her work really speaks for itself. She is very creative and budget conscious. I must have changed my mind on the floral designs at least a dozen times and she was always so patient and flexible with me. She's also really great at returning my phone calls and emails and really brings a piece of mind to the whole floral aspect of the wedding.

She really is a gem and you can't go wrong with hiring her!

• Wedding: 06/30/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Isabel was one of my favorite vendors to work with. She understood my vision from the start. I did a lot of research before i picked out which vendors i would choose to go with and i couldn't be happier with my decision here. First off, Isabel is super responsive to emails/phone calls. This was extremely important to me because i was constantly in contact with her. She was patient and understanding no matter how indecisive i was. She went above and beyond to create my dream wedding. I wasn't able to see a mock up of how everything would turn out but i trusted her. I was blown away on the day of the wedding. Not only was the decor out of this world but our bouquets were so beautiful! Everything was more beautiful than i even imagined. Isabel will go out of her way to make sure that everything blends in together and she does what it takes to make your wedding gorgeous. She is amazing with details!! I cannot stress that enough. I also had my wedding on probably the hottest day in June and she still worked her butt off to get everything done on time. Thank you Isabel for making my wedding so memorable. Everyone is still talking about how amazing the decor and flowers were!! Book her now before she gets booked up!!

• Wedding: 06/16/2012
Services Used: Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Isabel is a legend and an absolute pleasure to work with!

We got married on Sept 18th at Wente Vineyards and Isabel worked with me to create exactly what I was trying to get plus much more. She is creative, exceptionally talented and super professional. We communicated back and forth over email for most of the planning I live abroad and she kept sending me ideas with pictures to take our ideas further. Throughout the planning process if she had new ideas she would send me pictures so we were constantly updating the look of the wedding!

Her flower arrangements were so beautiful it's all anyone is talking about. I was quite specific with what I wanted and she worked hard to find exactly the right style of vases and arrangements that I like. I had her do 3 different table arrangements so that no tables next to each other were the same and she did it so well they all looked perfect as you looked out and saw all of them.

She also created the most beautiful Chuppah for us. All of her flowers were fresh and smelt amazing, even the gardenia she made for my hair was so fragrant I could smell it all night. The bridesmaid flowers as well as all the corsages and boutonnieres were made so well and so fresh that they lasted all night.

I can't recommend her highly enough. I absolutely loved working with her and she delivered above and beyond what I ever imagined!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Private User
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Isabel was wonderful to work with for my wedding. I reviewed many other florists before coming across Isabel's website. I picked her because she was someone who did floral as well as table decor which is what I was looking for. I personally consider myself to be very picky and was able to give her examples of what I wanted and the color scheme I wanted and she was able to work with my to make sure I got exactly what I wanted. She never seemed to mind when I was making so many changes to design and was very professional about the whole thing.

She was extremely helpful and always offered suggestions to make my ideas better. She actually did more than she was asked. Isabel offered to taken our linens to the venue and even set up our party favors. She coordinated the whole set up with the venue so I wouldn't have to worry about the details on my wedding day. She even noticed that we forgot to get a gift table and made sure we got one. She went home that day and even printed us signs for the table! All of which she was never required to do.

I think working with Isabel was one of the best decisions we made for the wedding. The tables and floral looked beautiful and many of the guests commented on how impressed they were by the designs. I think she is wonderful to work with and would recommend her to anyone looking for someone takes a lot of pride in her work and always goes the extra step.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Qhudsia
  • Flexibility: 5.0

ISABEL FORTMAN WAS A DREAM COME TRUE-BECAUSE SHE MADE IT POSSIBLE FOR TERRY AND I TO HAVE OUR DREAM WEDDING!!! NOT ONLY WAS SHE VERY PROFESSIONAL BUT SHE WAS PASSIONATE ABOUT HER WORK AND TOOK OUR HAPPINESS AS HER PERSONAL OBJECTIVE. AS A WEDDING PLANNER SHE COVERED AND CARED FOR EVERY LITTLE DETAIL-THINGS THE AVERAGE PERSON WOULD NOT AND COULD NOT HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT. HER FLORAL DESIGN WAS AMAZING AND BEAUTIFULLY UNIQUE-WE LOVED IT AND SO DID MANY OF OUR FRIENDS WHO HAVE A GOOD APPRECIATION FOR THIS TYPE OF WORK. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND HER TO ANY WHO WANT THEIR WEDDING DREAM COME TRUE. THANK YOU AGAIN SO MUCH ISABEL FROM THE BOTTOM OF OUR HEARTS!!!

• Wedding: 04/24/2011

Isabel,
Did a great Job! It was a beautiful event.

• Wedding: 03/26/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I would definitely recommend Chic Designs to anyone out there. Isabel did a wonderful job and knew exactly what I wanted. Her vision was just what I wanted. She was very fast at responding to e-mails, and the delivery for flowers the day of the wedding came early just like she promised. Everyone at my wedding complimented on how beautiful the flowers and set -up was. I was very pleased and satisfied with her services and would definitely hire her again for any other function I were to have in the future.

Thank you Isabel for everything you did, you did a FANTASTIC JOB. ;) ***

• Wedding: 08/07/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Isabel was AMAZING! When I was looking for a florist, I was looking for somone who not only knew what they were doing, but were also very personable and easy to work with. Isabel is BOTH of those. She is charming and sweet and boy is she great at what she does. She made my DREAM wedding come true. I'll never forget the moment the limo pulled up to the venue and I got a glimpse of the inside - my heart melted. The venue needed a lot of decor and between the floral arrangements and the lighting, the venue was transformed into a beautiful place. After all the planning, it was perfect. She is sweet, smart, has a great eye for design and will make any brides dream come true!

• Wedding: 10/24/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had wonderful experience with Isabel. She was very attentive from the beginning and was very interested in trying to understand my style and what I was hoping for in the decor and florals. She was very easy to work with because she listened well and responded with an assessment of my views while adding her expertise.
As a result, she really put together everything I had envisioned for that day and more. It was everything we talked about and prepared quite elegantly.
Her service was also exceptional. She stayed for the ceremony and moved several pieces from the ceremony and reception area, and she also returned to collect some of her own materials she lent to me such as the chargers and a birdcage for the gift cards. All of this service was done at NO extra charge which I found to be unusual for other florists. Also she was willing to drop by my home a few hours before the ceremony to drop off the flower for my hair.
It was really wonderful working with Isabel; and in the end, I was so happy I chose her.

• Wedding: 05/30/2009
510-364-1416
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards