Prestonwood Country Club

Value:
(4.8 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had our wedding in the Main Clubhouse of Prestonwood Country Club. The Clubhouse is absolutely beautiful and has such a warm, intimate feeling to it! We had the pleasure of working with Joey Nortridge and could not have asked for a better event coordinator. Joey was extremely professional, flexible, and always responded quickly to my many e-mails and phone calls. The entire staff at Prestonwood CC was wonderful, especially Lyman, who went above and beyond and took care of us the entire day and night. The food is absolutely AMAZING and we continue to receive comments on how fabulous the entire day was. I am completely satisfied with our wedding experience at Prestonwood and would highly recommend it to anyone in the Raleigh/Cary area.

• Wedding: 11/08/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

LOVED THIS VENUE!!! I fell in love with this venus the moment I saw it. Now that the wedding is over, I can officially say that it was a fantastic venue that provided me with the wedding of my dreams. I certainly felt like a princess out of one of the Disney movies I grew up watching. The food was great, my cake looked fantastic, and the event coordinator (Joey) went above and beyond to make my wedding day perfect! I couldn't have dreamed of a better venue.

• Wedding: 09/28/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I knew from the moment I walked in that Prestonwood was the location for me. I wanted something grand, and you just cannot beat that beautiful staircase. Everything about it screams class and elegance and it fit my vision perfectly. From day 1, I could imagine my husband and I coming down those stairs to a room filled with the people that we love most. I worked one on one with Joey and he got my vision from the beginning! He was so easy to work with and was always available to answer my questions! He knew exactly which room layout went best with our guest count among many other things. We also had Prestonwood cater our dinner and provide the cake. I think i received the most compliments about how good the food was. I know that I was worried because you hear all of these horror stories about the food being bad, or being cold, and let me tell you, that was not the case. Everything was spot on and everyone really enjoyed the meal. And might I add that the cake was the bomb! Thank you guys so much for a wonderful wedding experience! I couldnt have pictured it any other way!

• Wedding: 07/12/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Taylor
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Prestonwood Country Club made our day such a special one! Joey, one of club's coordinators, was awesome from the time we booked the club for our special day! We unfortunately had to push the wedding back from the original date that we had booked the club for, AND we had to scale down on our guest list...but Joey was perfect in working with us!
The day of the wedding, the staff took very good care of us! Joey was there to work with my wedding planner and everything flowed so smoothly! The food was AWESOME! My guests are still talking about how delicious and fresh the food was, and it's been almost 3 weeks now!
I can't say enough about how wonderful everything went with Prestonwood, how great the food was, how awesome the staff was towards us, how reliable the servers were, how everything just came together perfectly! I'd recommend this country club to everyone!
Thanks again Joey and Prestonwood Country Club for helping make our day a day that we, nor our guests, will ever forget!

• Wedding: 06/20/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Working with Joey Nortridge at Prestonwood Country Club for my daughter's recent reception was a joy. He made our decisions extremely easy--responding to every question and email with kindness and professionalism. Any thought or idea was met with enthusiasm!

The ballroom venue is remarkable in its beauty and scale--a truly magical evening! Elegant and fun!

The food was excellent! Joey and the chefs were not only open to food ideas, they embraced them. We are thrilled to have had the reception there! (I wish we could do it again!)

Everyone had a fabulous time!

We can't thank you enough, Joey, for all you did for us!!

• Wedding: 05/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Grand Ballroom at Prestonwood Country Club was the absolute perfect venue for my wedding! Aside from being stunningly gorgeous, the food is delicious and the service is impeccable. I highly recommend it to any bride and groom in search of a venue for their wedding.

• Wedding: 05/10/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We looked at so many venues for our large wedding, but the moment we walked into Prestonwood, we new it was the perfect place! We wanted a traditional, elegant wedding and we wanted to hold the ceremony and reception in the same location. From start to finish, the staff and experience at Prestonwood was incredible. The event director, Sondra Johnstone, was the most patient, kind, responsive person I have ever met. She met with us multiple times as we went through the planning process, worked with us so we could have everything we wanted and still fit it in our budget, and responded to all my emails about the many details. The catering staff and the pastry chef created the most amazing menu for our wedding....the pastry chef even made a custom cake frosting for us! And going to the tastings was so much fun. We ended up holding our rehearsal dinner at Prestonwood as well, and it was such a relief for myself and the family to have everything organized at one location. Prestonwood definitely gave us world-class service, and we could not be more pleased with the beauty of our wedding day!

• Wedding: 04/19/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Rachel
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The moment I walked into Prestonwood and spoke with Christine I knew this was going to be the place we got married. I still went and visited other locations but nowhere could compete with Prestonwood’s beautiful venue and their hands down best service.

Our director, Christine, was beyond helpful and made sure everything ran smoothly throughout the whole process. She responded to emails and phone calls quickly and helped make some big decisions easy. The day of the wedding when I saw Christine it felt like a ton of bricks went off my shoulders because I knew she would make it happen the way I wanted it and she didn’t disappoint. Whatever I asked she made happen!!

The staff at Prestonwood are beyond amazing. Our waiter was Lineman and he was absolutely fabulous I highly recommend him. Our drinks were never empty or warm, our plate of food was made for us, and we had a very nice to go plate to take with us. He made us feel like a king and queen for the night as well as my parents, which means even more to me.

The food and cake were the best I have ever had. I still have guests come to me and tell me how awesome our food was and that the staff were so helpful!!

I would highly recommend Prestonwood to any bride. I have not one complaint or regret with my venue!! They were top notch and make the wedding planning process so easy!!

• Wedding: 03/08/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I knew from the moment we walked in to Prestonwood that we would get married there. The venue is breathtaking. Prior to being engaged, we had looked at venues online and bookmarked a view of our favorites and Prestonwood was the first venue that we went to look at...and it was our last. Prestonwood offers an all-inclusive type of set-up which is just what my husband and I were looking for.

The quality of service was amazing. We worked directly with Sondra and she was so sweet and kind! She worked with us and our wedding planner through the entire planning process, answering ANY question that my husband and I had. I appreciated the immediacy of her getting back to me with questions, as well. That was really impressive considering how popular of a venue Prestonwood is and I knew I was not the only customer!

The staff at Prestonwood are beyond amazing. A couple of my friends parents are members there and they rave constantly about the staff and...FOOD! The food and cake were amazing! It was so nice to have the staff take care of our husband and I on our wedding day, making sure our drinks were always full and making sure we ate something AND sent us to the Umstead with dinner plates. :) It was so nice and we appreciated it so much since as much as we wanted to eat at the reception, we were too excited to eat!

I highly recommend Prestonwood as a bride's ceremony and reception location. If you are looking for a place where you can leave with no complaints or regrets, Prestonwood is the place to have your wedding at. Absolutely amazing.

• Wedding: 11/09/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I could not have chosen a better venue. I spoke with Joey from the very beginning and he was a GOD SEND! Joey is the MAN! He was like my wedding planner. I had a day of coordinator but it was Joey who really helped guide me thru. He was so responsive to my emails and calls all the way to the end. I had the pleasure of visiting Prestonwood while they were setting up for a wedding and I knew right away that I wanted to have my wedding there. I had 113 guests and due to the smaller than normal crowd we had to get married on a Friday. The food and beverage minimum is less on a Friday. That actually worked out better than I expected. Friday weddings’ allows room for negotiation with outside vendors and minimizes your guest list.

Prestonwood staff is AMAZING and the food is 5 star! We had our rehearsal dinner at Prestonwood, as well. We had a really hard time choosing a rehearsal dinner location and thankfully Joey suggested their buffet. OH MY…the food was so good! Our wedding party is still talking about the dessert bar from the rehearsal dinner and the stuffed sausage mushrooms from the cocktail hour.

I keep saying my wedding was the best day of my life. We had so many people tell us, it was the best wedding they have attended. Prestonwood is beautiful own its own, but it is the staff that really makes the experience memorable. I actually was referred to Prestonwood by another bride. I was told the staff will take care of you and the food/cake is phenomenal. That was 100% the TRUTH!

• Wedding: 09/27/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Prestonwood Country Club is the absolute best venue to have a wedding reception! The facility is absolutely magnificent and the service and professionalism is unmatched! Prestonwood requires a rental fee for nonmembers. This was reasonable and not any more than the other venues that we checked out, however, none of the other venues could match the beauty and elegance of the room. Prestonwood does require that you spend a minimum to book your event. We were on a budget and Joey, our event manager from Prestonwood, did a fabulous job of keeping us on budget. There was no pressure to do more than we could afford. Joey went above and beyond in helping us with the organization of the reception as well as the details .Excellent communication and response! You do need to use Prestonwood for your catering if you book your reception there. It is absolutely worth it! Exceptional!! Chef Pete and pastry Chef Todd did and exemplary job! Everything was delectable and beautifully presented. The wait staff was tremendous! Every need met! Outstanding venue, outstanding staff!

• Wedding: 09/14/2013
RACHEL
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Excellent service, food and beautiful venue!

• Wedding: 09/07/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had our ceremony and reception in the main clubhouse. It was lovely. The whole ceremony and reception went so smoothly. The food was delicious as well as the cake. Not to mention, the setup was gorgeous and exactly as I envisioned it. I highly recommend Prestonwood.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Grand Ballroom was the perfect setting for our dream-come-true wedding! I could not have asked for a better venue. Sondra was beyond wonderful to work with, as were the chefs, and everything was executed perfectly!

• Wedding: 06/01/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! It's what we have heard from so many of our guests who attended Taylor and Jarrod's wedding reception. It was everything we talked about and envisioned for our daughter's wedding. From the delicious food, exceptional service and beautiful ballroom, we could have not picked a better place to celebrate. Thank you Joey for all your hard work in making it all come together. I would not change one thing about the evening.

• Wedding: 10/13/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Christine at Prestonwood did a fantastic job. She was always very professional and responsive to my emails/questions/concerns. She was an amazing support the night of the wedding and ensured everything and everyone were in place.

• Wedding: 09/22/2012
Liliana
919-467-2566
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards