Prantl's Bakery

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Talk about taking the cake????? WOW!! what a wonderful experience! flavorful and exciting

Caleb
07/10/2015

Our wedding cake was absolutely amazing and tasted great! I would absolutely recommend this bakery to anyone getting married or for any event!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

So glad we chose Prantl's to do our wedding cakes. The whole process was so simple. We chose to do 2 flavors - vanilla with buttercream and their famous Burnt Almond Torte. Both were incredible. The decorated cake also turned out beautifully. We highly recommend using Prantl's for your wedding!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

When you're getting married in Pittsburgh and you want a Burnt Almond Torte Cake.....you go to Prantl's! Our wedding cake looked beautiful!!!! As we were cutting our cake I heard a few guests whispering, "I hope it's from Prantl's" and I know they were not disappointed! They were professional with the tasting process, delivery and setup! They were also very responsive with all of my emails and made sure to add extra support for my slightly heavy cake topper!!!! Thank you for the delicious display!!!!!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We had a yellow 3-tier cake with raspberry filling and white chocolate shavings. It was delicious! The bakery allowed me to bring in silk flowers which they then cut and arranged very nicely for the cake topper. I felt this was a nice touch and great customer service.

Recently Married

My wedding cake perfect! It looked exactly like the picture I showed them. They got the icing color perfect and it was delicious!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

we had red velvet cake and it was absolutely delicious!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I chose mini burnt almond tortes for our "wedding cake" and it turned out amazing. Prantl's was extremely easy to work with and I was able to pick them up the day of. Of course they were delicious; they never disappoint! Most of my out-of-town guest haven't had the almond torte before and they are now in love. It was such an easy way to skip the traditional cake for our wedding but keep the quality!

3.8

I only did cake tastings at two locations. The burnt almond torte was our favorite, though. I worked with the bakery in Market Square. We had around 80 guests, so we got a 2 layer square cake and a sheet cake. We ended up taking the entire sheet cake home because there was too much cake and cookies apparently. Although, they were friendly, they were not that clear about what decisions needed to be made when and the payment schedule. Also, I asked them to put my cake topper on the cake, but they would not. The cake was delivered on time and it was good.

3.6

It was very easy to decide on flavor and design -- the staff was very flexible. We loved the final product -- beautiful and delicious! We purchased a three tier cake but used additional sheet cakes to save costs -- the guests never noticed the difference! Our only issue is that we delivered ribbon AND our cake topper to the bakery. The cake showed up at the reception without a cake topper. The bakery told us that it was against their policy to place the cake topper, but this was not clear to us -- and by this point, the topper was still at the bakery! To their credit, a staff member rode public transportation across the city to get us the cake topper before the guests arrived -- it just added some stress to the day.

Kris10
10/18/2014

We used Prantl's for our wedding cakes; we decided on several smaller cakes instead of one large wedding cake. We absolutely loved them all! We had two burnt almond tortes, one chocolate cake and one white chocolate raspberry- and our guests loved all of them and they all looked beautiful!

4.1

Other than a mix-up where the order was misplaced in their system because DH did the initial contact and I did the actual payment everything was smooth. And that mix-up was fixed with just a few emails. The almond torte is their best seller for a reason - totally to die for. We ended up with a lot left over only because people had filled up on the cookie table instead. I also recommend saving some money by doing a smaller, decorated smash cake and having the torte (or whatever you prefer) as sheet cake to cut and serve.

Recently Married

We were very happy with our wedding cake!!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Absolutely amazing. We chose the burnt al'm ond torte for our wedding cake, it was just as wonderful as the day we tried it in the bakery.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I used Prantl's Bakery for my wedding cake and groom cake this summer on my July 19th wedding at the Mansion at Maple Heights in Pittsburgh. We used Prantl's Burnt Almond Torte as our wedding cake, and had a groom's cake made with their cookies n cream filling. From beginning to end, I corresponded with Annette, and she was a dream to work with. She always got back to me within a day and had some fabulous ideas! She made extra efforts to understand all that I envisioned and make my ideas come to fruition. On the day of the wedding, they delivered the cakes on time and did a great job displaying them. Finally, the cakes were just delicious (as we knew they would be). People from out of town raved about it, and some even went to Prantl's on their way out of town to pick up things to take home. I would recommend Prantl's to any couple getting married that needs a fabulous cake!!! :)

Mike
07/19/2014

My wife and I decided on Prantl's famous burnt almond torte cake for our wedding. As we expected, it did not disappoint! Everybody raved about the cake and we saw first hand why it was "The Greatest Cake America Has Every Made", according to http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/14/prantls-torte-cake-almond_n_5133580.html