Prantl's Bakery

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Talk about taking the cake????? WOW!! what a wonderful experience! flavorful and exciting

Recently Married

My wedding cake perfect! It looked exactly like the picture I showed them. They got the icing color perfect and it was delicious!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

we had red velvet cake and it was absolutely delicious!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I chose mini burnt almond tortes for our "wedding cake" and it turned out amazing. Prantl's was extremely easy to work with and I was able to pick them up the day of. Of course they were delicious; they never disappoint! Most of my out-of-town guest haven't had the almond torte before and they are now in love. It was such an easy way to skip the traditional cake for our wedding but keep the quality!

3.8

I only did cake tastings at two locations. The burnt almond torte was our favorite, though. I worked with the bakery in Market Square. We had around 80 guests, so we got a 2 layer square cake and a sheet cake. We ended up taking the entire sheet cake home because there was too much cake and cookies apparently. Although, they were friendly, they were not that clear about what decisions needed to be made when and the payment schedule. Also, I asked them to put my cake topper on the cake, but they would not. The cake was delivered on time and it was good.

3.6

It was very easy to decide on flavor and design -- the staff was very flexible. We loved the final product -- beautiful and delicious! We purchased a three tier cake but used additional sheet cakes to save costs -- the guests never noticed the difference! Our only issue is that we delivered ribbon AND our cake topper to the bakery. The cake showed up at the reception without a cake topper. The bakery told us that it was against their policy to place the cake topper, but this was not clear to us -- and by this point, the topper was still at the bakery! To their credit, a staff member rode public transportation across the city to get us the cake topper before the guests arrived -- it just added some stress to the day.

Kris10
10/18/2014

We used Prantl's for our wedding cakes; we decided on several smaller cakes instead of one large wedding cake. We absolutely loved them all! We had two burnt almond tortes, one chocolate cake and one white chocolate raspberry- and our guests loved all of them and they all looked beautiful!

4.1

Other than a mix-up where the order was misplaced in their system because DH did the initial contact and I did the actual payment everything was smooth. And that mix-up was fixed with just a few emails. The almond torte is their best seller for a reason - totally to die for. We ended up with a lot left over only because people had filled up on the cookie table instead. I also recommend saving some money by doing a smaller, decorated smash cake and having the torte (or whatever you prefer) as sheet cake to cut and serve.

Recently Married

We were very happy with our wedding cake!!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Absolutely amazing. We chose the burnt al'm ond torte for our wedding cake, it was just as wonderful as the day we tried it in the bakery.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I used Prantl's Bakery for my wedding cake and groom cake this summer on my July 19th wedding at the Mansion at Maple Heights in Pittsburgh. We used Prantl's Burnt Almond Torte as our wedding cake, and had a groom's cake made with their cookies n cream filling. From beginning to end, I corresponded with Annette, and she was a dream to work with. She always got back to me within a day and had some fabulous ideas! She made extra efforts to understand all that I envisioned and make my ideas come to fruition. On the day of the wedding, they delivered the cakes on time and did a great job displaying them. Finally, the cakes were just delicious (as we knew they would be). People from out of town raved about it, and some even went to Prantl's on their way out of town to pick up things to take home. I would recommend Prantl's to any couple getting married that needs a fabulous cake!!! :)

Mike
07/19/2014

My wife and I decided on Prantl's famous burnt almond torte cake for our wedding. As we expected, it did not disappoint! Everybody raved about the cake and we saw first hand why it was "The Greatest Cake America Has Every Made", according to http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/14/prantls-torte-cake-almond_n_5133580.html

Recently Married

We got the burnt almond torte as our wedding cake and it was absolutely delicious! Our first priority was that our cake taste amazing, and Prantl's was by far our favorite. It was really something special, and all of our guests were raving about it. The cake was also very affordable compared to competitors.

4.7

I am so glad I got my cake from Prantl's. It was absolutely delicious and looked gorgeous. The burnt almond torte is my favorite cake in the world and was the only kind of cake that I wanted at my wedding. It fit in perfectly with our farm wedding. Because it was the burnt almond torte I think it was more expensive than other cakes, but it was worth it.

Samantha
06/28/2014

We got a classic burnt almond torte cake for our wedding. Prantl's truly are professionals and it is clear as to why they are one of the leading bakers in Pittsburgh. Diane was so friendly to work with and I appreciated using their online system. It made things a lot easier to order and communicate. Our guests (even the Cleveland ones) raved about this special Pittsburgh treat. Kudos to Prantl's for always providing a top notch product!

Brittany
06/14/2014

Overall I had a good experience. I felt like the bakery was always so busy that we never received the professional attention that most vendors give to wedding clients. Consultations are chaotic and not all of our details got written down. I was a little nervous but everything worked out great. I wanted icing piped to look like lace and had a lot of trouble finding a bakery that would do such an intricate design. A few bakeries had similar patterns but charged a decent fee to do it. Prantl's had a beautiful scroll pattern that looked like lace and didn't charge any extra for it. This made our cake a great value compared to several other bakeries I considered. Everyone raves about Prantl's burnt almond cake, but their red velvet is awesome too, which is what we went with. We received quite a few compliments from our guests. Our cake looked perfect, no bumps or lines in the frosting, and the lace pattern was beautiful. I would recommend Prantl's.