Porto's Bakery

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

My fiancé and I made an appointment for a cake tasting on a Saturday morning. They had freshly made weeding cake samples ranging from traditional white cake to rich chocolate, moist cuban (yellow cake), red velvet and mocha with a variety of fillings. You should bring a picture if you have something in mind, but they have many wedding cake pictures to look at from their previous customers as well, in case you need some direction. Thank you for your help, Patty! We can't wait to have our cake the day of our wedding!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We hired Porto’s to do our wedding cake for our June 14, 2015 wedding. We had a 12x12 white cake with Bavarian cream filling and butter cream frosting and we had it designed to look like a Lego. We also ordered a full sheet cake of red velvet with cream cheese filling and frosting and a half sheet of the same white cake. It.Was.Amazing. In fact, it’s still amazing. All our guests were raving. Although only the red velvet got put out, but it was definitely the favorite anyway. I have to say, it’s the best wedding cake I’ve ever tasted.
Blanca at the Glendale location was fantastic to work with. The cake was so reasonably priced (less than $350 and we have a lot left) and so delicious, I almost feel bad for mentioning how wonky the “Lego” part turned out. The little circles were not tall enough, nor were they placed symmetrically… Or maybe they fell out of place over the course of the day. Either way, Porto’s still gets 5 stars because they were so much better than I could’ve hoped for. My only recommendation is to be as specific as possible!

4.3

cake was delicious and beautiful. staff was easy to work with.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

When my daughter found out that Porto's Bakery was the bakery used by Calamigos Equestrian, she was thrilled. We had 4 kinds of cake: vanilla, chocolate, red velvet, and carrot. Each layer was delicious - tasty and moist and the frostings were creamy. The cake was gorgeous! Because we had more guests than the 3 tiered cake would accommodate, we ordered the most delicious carrot sheet cake. Fabulous!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We loved our wedding cake from Porto's! They were amzingly flexible- since I hate making decisions (and was on decision overload planning a wedding) I was having trouble choosing just one flavor. Porto's ended up doing a 3 tiered, beautiful cake, each tier a different flavor (vanilla, chocolate, and red velvet). When I found out we'd need an additional sheet cake based on the number of guests we had, they sent yet another flavor at my request- carrot cake!
Portos cake is SO DELICIOUS. The carrot cake with cream cheese frosting was just perfect, my favorite. :) Thank you Portos! I just wish we saved the leftover! I guess I'll have to pop in next time I'm around Glendale!

Recently Married

And you thought Porto's was just for potato balls and cheese rolls.

Our wedding cake was delicious and beautiful, delivered promptly and exactly to our specifications. The only regret we had was not ordering a larger size because people went back for seconds and we were left without any leftovers.

Don't waste thousands going to a place that will make you a cake that's beautiful but tasteless. Go to Porto's for a cake your guests will rave about at a price that won't break the bank.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We had Porto's make our wedding cake, and I'm so glad we did. The cake was delicious, and they were very accommodating with delivering the cake to the venue, renting us a cake stand, etc. And, besides being by far the best cake we tasted, they were also the best value. A great combination!

My only complaint would be with the cake tasting process. We made an appointment but when we showed up we waited for an hour before we were able to get any cake tastes. But, full disclosure, it was a Saturday and they were very busy. I assume it would go much smoother on a weekday.

Recently Married

Loved the cake and it tasted great. I only wish they could do more designs. However, their price was perfect.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Porto's Bakery was great for our wedding. My wedding coordinator recommended them. We went and were able to taste different cake options before we had to choose the cake for our wedding. Blanca was so patient and helpful in the decision making process. She had great ideas to make the cake special but not too gaudy. We loved the look and taste of our wedding cake. Porto's was very reliable on delivery and the cake was beautiful! I would recommend Porto's to any bride who is choosing a wedding cake.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

My husband and I were pleasantly surprised if how beautiful the cake looked! It was so gorgeous that we didn't want to cut into it. The cake also tasted wonderful!!!! Some of our guests ate multiple servings!!!

4.1

Cake was delicious! Best cake I have ever wanted. Disadvantage is that they only sale wedding cakes from their Glendale location and I'm from Orange County. Not convenient. You must make an appointment and it is pretty pricey but that's the cake I wanted.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

The most delicious wedding cake I have ever tasted. And I usually never really like the taste of wedding cake. Not just that, but they do an amazing job with the cake design. I showed them a picture of what I wanted, and they told me it would be difficult because they picture of the cake I showed them was made of fondant and I wanted buttercream. The cake turned out EXACTLY the same, if not even better than the picture...without fondant!! My husband and I couldn't be happier with our selection!
PS. The red velvet is to die for!!

1+ year ago

Our guests loved our cake and when we went in for the cake testing, everything was done very professionally. Our cake was designed per our specification.

Definitely would recommend others to go to Porto's for their cakes!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I am proud to say that I had a delicious wedding cake and my guests told me so!! woohoo! The cake was delicious and beautiful! Work with Karen! She rocks!

Lyudmila
11/01/2013

Great, delicious cake, thanks Porto's!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Loved my wedding cake!!! My guest loved it!