Porto's Bakery

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

When my daughter found out that Porto's Bakery was the bakery used by Calamigos Equestrian, she was thrilled. We had 4 kinds of cake: vanilla, chocolate, red velvet, and carrot. Each layer was delicious - tasty and moist and the frostings were creamy. The cake was gorgeous! Because we had more guests than the 3 tiered cake would accommodate, we ordered the most delicious carrot sheet cake. Fabulous!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We loved our wedding cake from Porto's! They were amzingly flexible- since I hate making decisions (and was on decision overload planning a wedding) I was having trouble choosing just one flavor. Porto's ended up doing a 3 tiered, beautiful cake, each tier a different flavor (vanilla, chocolate, and red velvet). When I found out we'd need an additional sheet cake based on the number of guests we had, they sent yet another flavor at my request- carrot cake! Portos cake is SO DELICIOUS. The carrot cake with cream cheese frosting was just perfect, my favorite. :) Thank you Portos! I just wish we saved the leftover! I guess I'll have to pop in next time I'm around Glendale!

Recently Married

And you thought Porto's was just for potato balls and cheese rolls.

Our wedding cake was delicious and beautiful, delivered promptly and exactly to our specifications. The only regret we had was not ordering a larger size because people went back for seconds and we were left without any leftovers.

Don't waste thousands going to a place that will make you a cake that's beautiful but tasteless. Go to Porto's for a cake your guests will rave about at a price that won't break the bank.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We had Porto's make our wedding cake, and I'm so glad we did. The cake was delicious, and they were very accommodating with delivering the cake to the venue, renting us a cake stand, etc. And, besides being by far the best cake we tasted, they were also the best value. A great combination!

My only complaint would be with the cake tasting process. We made an appointment but when we showed up we waited for an hour before we were able to get any cake tastes. But, full disclosure, it was a Saturday and they were very busy. I assume it would go much smoother on a weekday.

Recently Married

Loved the cake and it tasted great. I only wish they could do more designs. However, their price was perfect.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Porto's Bakery was great for our wedding. My wedding coordinator recommended them. We went and were able to taste different cake options before we had to choose the cake for our wedding. Blanca was so patient and helpful in the decision making process. She had great ideas to make the cake special but not too gaudy. We loved the look and taste of our wedding cake. Porto's was very reliable on delivery and the cake was beautiful! I would recommend Porto's to any bride who is choosing a wedding cake.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

My husband and I were pleasantly surprised if how beautiful the cake looked! It was so gorgeous that we didn't want to cut into it. The cake also tasted wonderful!!!! Some of our guests ate multiple servings!!!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

The most delicious wedding cake I have ever tasted. And I usually never really like the taste of wedding cake. Not just that, but they do an amazing job with the cake design. I showed them a picture of what I wanted, and they told me it would be difficult because they picture of the cake I showed them was made of fondant and I wanted buttercream. The cake turned out EXACTLY the same, if not even better than the picture...without fondant!! My husband and I couldn't be happier with our selection! PS. The red velvet is to die for!!

1+ year ago

Our guests loved our cake and when we went in for the cake testing, everything was done very professionally. Our cake was designed per our specification.

Definitely would recommend others to go to Porto's for their cakes!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I am proud to say that I had a delicious wedding cake and my guests told me so!! woohoo! The cake was delicious and beautiful! Work with Karen! She rocks!

Lyudmila
11/01/2013

Great, delicious cake, thanks Porto's!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Loved my wedding cake!!! My guest loved it!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

My husband and I got married at The Vineyards at Simi Valley on August 11, 2013 and used Porto's for our wedding cake. Porto's is absolutely amazing. We loved our cake and it was such a good price. The only unfortunate thing is that they didn't give us a cake box for us to store the top layer in. The only reason this was a problem is that we didn't have time to go to a store and get one when we got home as we had to leave for the airport right after for our honeymoon. We kind of had an assumption this would be taken care of. I'm not sure the solution we came up with is even going to be able to take care of until our one year anniversary, which is upsetting. Aside from this, everything was superb. We had strawberry and bavarian cream and everyone raved about it!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Cake was pretty. Taste great! Price was affordable. Delivery on wedding date - late.

1+ year ago

Our cake turned out great! Our initial cake vendor fell through and Portos was able to step in with little time and deliver exactly what we wanted. Everyone loved the taste and look of our cake and we were impressed with how perfect it looked. It was a great decision!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Porto's was awesome. Without question the best cake I tasted for a price that was completely reasonable (which is almost unheard of in Los Angeles). We had a 3-tiered cake (each a different flavor) that served about a hundred, and then a sheet cake that served another hundred -- all for under $500. It was a simple cake, but the flavors were excellent. And Tabitha in their cake department was awesome. HIGHLY recommend this vendor.