Please Touch Museum

Value:
(4.8 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If I were to get married again (except I won't, seeing as I married the woman of my dreams), I would return to Brulee Catering Every. Single. Time. Our contact, Sarah Wright, was with us from the very beginning of planning, all the way through the evening of our wedding for the 1.5 years of our engagement leading up to the big day of our wedding at Please Touch Museum. Sarah was timely in her e-mail responses, thorough in the requirements, responsive and helpful to any and every big or small question that popped up, and she even accommodated us in a few of our somewhat unconventional special requests. Sarah's professionalism and dedication to our big day really made the difference once we arrived at the venue, she made sure that all we had to do was show up, she took care of the rest from there. And I haven't even gotten to the food!

Brulee Catering offers several tiered options at different price points so as to ensure you can stay within your budget, as well as an unbelievably extensive amount of optional add-on's that help to truly personalize the exact kind of wedding reception you're looking for. Not only is it obvious that the chefs truly care about the food options they create, but the entire staff is devoted to ensuring every guest enjoys their evening.

We had 225 people at our wedding, and we received a significant number of compliments from our guests as to how wonderful the Brulee staff were. Not only were they professional and was the service impeccable, but you could visibly see they were enjoying their evening's work, what a difference that makes!

When planning a wedding, you have many vendors and different moving parts coming together at one time, it can definitely feel overwhelming at times. Sarah and her team at Brulee were the glue that held all these moving parts together, minimizing the amount of stress for my bride and I, freeing us up to truly soak up the atmosphere of our big night.

• Wedding: 08/23/2014
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

There is only one thing I don't like about the Please Touch Museum - that it is called the "please touch museum". I switched the invitations to "memorial hall" (the historic name for the gorgeous, historic venue) so people would stop asking silly questions like "is there a rock wall for us to climb?" "so is it sort of like a casual thing? Should we wear jeans? Weird, I always thought you'd have a black tie wedding!"

Those who have looked at the pictures know - It's GORGEOUS in the inside, gorgeous outside, just the right amount of playful and classic at the same time. and the staff is amazing.

The venue itself is not that overpriced for the area. Let's face it, you get a LOT for the cost. Namely, a freaking indoor carousel that runs during cocktail hour - where else will you get that? The piping and draping is pretty ridiculous, however. You have to use their people for the draping and it's insanely expensive for what we all know is about 30 minutes of work. They also do things like charge $500 to remove the front desk. No one is going to want a bright red, blue, and yellow vestibule in the middle of the wedding, so why not roll that into the price of renting the venue so you look less ridiculous? Small rant which in the grand scheme of things is not a big deal.

It's difficult to talk about the venue without talking about the exclusive caterer- Brulee. My event contact was Marley. She was available pretty much 24-7 throughout the wedding planning process and on the day of my wedding she stayed for almost the entire event. Emails back immediately, had lots of input, gave me GREAT vendor recommendations and calmly talked my dad off a cliff about 10 times. :) The food was SO good, we had 2 no shows and got to eat their meal the next night for dinner. The bartenders were great, everything was super smooth and I got to eat, drink and dance at my wedding which is more than most brides could say.

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We held our reception at the Please Touch Museum in March and it was PERFECT! We had cocktails in the carousel room with dinner/dancing in the main hall. Marley was the coordinator for the PTM and Brulee Catering, and she was great to work with, extremely professional and willing to accommodate any and all of our special requests throughout the planning process. She and the rest of the staff where there all night to make sure everything went off without issue. I did not have one worry the entire night!

We just got our pictures back, and I love looking in the backgrounds because everyone is smiling and having a great time. The ones of our guests all dressed up and riding the carousel are priceless! Also, there are so many unique pictures from around the museum exhibits.

It was the best venue that was able to be both extremely classy and beautiful (the architecture is stunning!) but add a touch of fun. I could not recommend it more - the people we worked with, the food, the presentation, everything was absolutely wonderful!

• Wedding: 03/22/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We got married at the Please Touch Museum in July and it was amazing! The planning process was made easy because Kim, the catering coordinator is incredibly good at her job. She answered phone calls and emails faster than I could ever imagine and had a solution to every problem that came up...and my wedding was complicated by the fact that it involved a Persian ceremony. Kim made me feel at ease until the very last minute. The venue is beautiful when it's set up for a wedding. Our guests raved about the service and food. If I could do it over, I wouldn't hesitate to have my wedding at the museum. I recommend it with no reservations.

• Wedding: 07/20/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding was a dream come true! I could not have imagined a more perfect day! Thank you to the amazing team at the Please Touch Museum & Brulee Catering. Kim, Bill, Orlando, our personal server, and each one of you who helped make the evening a complete success, thank you! You are all incredible!

• Wedding: 04/13/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amazing space!!!! Absolutely perfect!!! Looks great in pictures and everyone loved it!!! The carousel room is amazing for cocktail hour!!!!

• Wedding: 12/07/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

What a magnificent venue!!! My daughter wedding was on Oct 6th. The staff, especially Kim, are the most amazing people I have ever met. They really know what they are doing! We arrived at 5:00, just as the museum was closing from the public, for a 6:30 cermony and reception. In the course of little over an hour, they transformed the museum into a manificent wedding venue. They were able to set up chairs for the ceremony for 265 people and 28 tables with all of the trimmings (linens, centerpieces, table frames, ect in the dome room. They also set up the carousel room for the cocktail hour. They were the most organized, patient and kind people and efficency like you wouldn't believe. Kim coordinated with us for the months prior and was eager to help in any way she could. I had a few changes along the way that she very calmly made, and made me feel totally at ease. The food by Brulee catering was unbelievable. All night our guests were telling me that it was the best wedding food they have ever had and the best wedding they had ever been too!! I can't say enough good things about the venue and the catering.

• Wedding: 10/06/2012
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We LOVED the Please Touch Museum. If you want a unique venue, then this is your place.

Our ceremony was in the carousel room, cocktails in the River Adventure Room, and the reception (for 200 guests) was in the Hamilton Hall. We couldn't have asked for anything more. The space was STUNNING.

The food was delicious. They allowed me to personalize the salmon to be exactly as we wanted. Everything was executed to a T. The bridal assistant was perfect, she had a drink waiting for us every time we made it back to our table.

There are just too many nice things to rave about.

• Wedding: 08/25/2012
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If you are kids at heart and want a fun, yet classic wedding venue, the Please Touch Museum is the perfect fit. We could not have found a more amazing venue to suit our style. The exhibits and carousel for cocktail hour were so unique and fun for our guests and Memorial Hall itself is absolutely stunning. Our guests all remarked at what a playful, beautiful, unique and dramatic space it was. The vibe of the museum carries through to its staff who all seem to genuinely love being there every day and were so happy for us as a couple. Bill was so sweet and organized! Everything went off without a hitch and made for a truly magical day. It was also pleasure to deal with the folks at Brulee, PTM's exclusive caterer.

• Wedding: 07/21/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Hands down the best place in Philadelphia to have a wedding! This is the only place I looked, its quirky and different but has all the elegance you want in your wedding location. The layout, lighting and staff were all amazing. I wish I could have events at the Please Touch once a year, no once a month!! The venue was playful but chic and my guests could not believe how amazing everything was, three weeks later I am still getting compliments. Absolutely wonderful!!!

• Wedding: 07/13/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Bill with Please Touch Museum was awesome. Along with Kim, the representative from their caterer Brulee, the museum made us feel so welcome and comfortable. They became like family.

• Wedding: 07/07/2012