Pleasantdale Château

Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We cannot express how extremely happy and overjoyed we are that we chose to have our daughter Lauras wedding to Jeremy at the Pleasantdale Chateau this past Sunday ,Nov 23 2014.From the moment we drove through the front gate, saw the magnificent grounds, and were awed by the entrance way to the main building, we all knew that the Chateau was the venue that we wanted for Lauras wedding. Meeting Laura Madden,and working with her was a total pleasure. Every aspect of our wonderful day was handled quickly, efficiently, and professionally, by Laura, and her outstanding staff. The bridal party arrived at 7:am and Veronica was there with an amazing wide smile ,helping with the makeup, hair and pre-wedding procedures. Someone from the staff was always present and available, when needed. Whatever minor "issues" arose , disappeared immediately.Santiago,our Maître d, was totally wonderful. His ability to maintain calmness while guiding the bridal party, parents ,and grandparents through the rehearsal and the actual walk down the aisle was accomplished with professionalism and levity. The cocktail hour food was scrumptious,delicious,abundant,and presented with flair. The staff served generously, with a smile. Guest plates were overflowing and I actually heard a guest "complain" that the drinks are too "strong",lol.The banquet was exquisite, my only complaint, the time flew by too quickly. The staff was just magnificent! Texts & calls we have been getting just rave on, and on, how smoothly each aspect of the evening segued together. Accommodations, for those of us that stayed overnight after the wedding, were spacious, clean and comfortable. Breakfast, in the guest house ,Monday morning, was just as wonderful, delicious and abundant. Laura Maddens knowledge,expertise,patience,and caring resulted in our daughter Laura and now husband Jeremy to have a wedding day that will live in their hearts and minds forever.

• Wedding: 11/23/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This was the absolutely best wedding of all time. From the moment I stepped into the Chateau, I felt like a princess. This was the best day of my life and that is fully due to the Chateau. The food was incredible, and the service was perfect! The entire team was amazing, and our wedding planner Laura made the day the most perfect one that you can ever imagine. Thank you!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I wish that words were enough to express how grateful I am to have been married at the Pleasantdale Chateau. I was lucky enough to have had Laura as my wedding consultant and she helped me with all of my planning over many long months. Her advice and guidance was invaluable in making my wedding the great success it was. On the day of she implemented all of my ideas exactly how I wanted them (and sometimes even better than I could have imagined!). From day one I felt absolutely blessed to have her guide me through the incredible journey of planning my wedding. During the entire process and especially on the day of my wedding I felt that my happiness was truly important to her. Thank you Laura for making my wedding day a dream come true and for all of the hard work you put into it! The day of my wedding Maitre' d Santiago was there to help make sure everything went smoothly. He was an absolute doll and saved me on more than one occasion. My bridal attendants were always at hand to bustle my dress, carry my veil, make sure I ate or help me with anything I needed. As for the Pleasantdale - it speaks for itself - I mean have you seen this place?! It is absolutely stunning and nothing in the tristate area can top it (believe me I have seen them all!). The food is not only superb but plentiful, and I mean PLENTIFUL! The cocktail hour and venetian hour are to die for! The quality of service is unmatched. Everyone bent over backward to make sure my day was nothing short of perfect. I am still getting complements every day that my wedding was the best wedding anybody has ever been to! It actually rained on my wedding day and I was so upset that I couldn't have my outdoor ceremony or take many pics outside but nothing could ruin a wedding at the Pleasantdale. There is only one thing that surpasses the beauty of the chateau and that is the incredible people working there. Thank you so much to the entire team for making my wedding the best day of my entire life.

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wedding at Pleasantdale Chateau was a dream come true! I never really had all of the details of my wedding planned out, but after being a guest at a wedding there one year prior to getting engaged, I knew that it was where I wanted to have my own. It was the best decision I could've made. Thank goodness for Andrew!!! He helped us every step of the way by making recommendations but never being insistent about them. The grounds and Chateau are BEAUTIFUL and make you feel like you are transported to another country. The food is absolutely AMAZING, and the staff are all so WONDERFUL! You truly feel like you are the most important person that day. All of my guests had a great time and could not stop raving about the beauty of the grounds and the food. Because of Andrew and everyone at Pleasantdale, I truly enjoyed every second of my wedding day and I was so sad that it had to end. I can't wait to have another reason to go back!

• Wedding: 08/17/2014
Hosana

Dear Andrew,

I just wanted to thank you so much again for everything at my wedding on Aug 2nd. You and your staff were absolutely amazing. The service was completely beyond anything I could have ever imagined, and the setting was a complete fairy tale. I still can't believe it all really happened. I remember speaking to you on the phone months before the wedding and asking you if you had any advice for something special we could do to make our wedding unique and you said something like "you're having your wedding at the Pleasantdale Chateau, there's nothing else you need to do!" I know now that you were absolutely 100% right.

Thank you again for everything!!

• Wedding: 08/02/2014
Anna
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Pleasantdale was absolutely perfect, and I highly recommend them to anyone who wants a simply out of this world, elegant experience. Thank you!

• Wedding: 08/01/2014
4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Fairy Tales can come true. Just leave it to celebrating it at the Chateau. Never in a million years did I think I could have a royal wedding. Well, leave it to Laura Madden who from the inception of our meeting two years prior to wedding date till the last moment of our wedding day. She is effective, efficient, know exactly what is needed to make your dreams come true. My experience working with her and trusting her was way beyond my expectations. She is truly a professional from returning all my phone calls and easing my concerns. Laura Madden it doesnt get any better. The Chateau is a royal palace but the one who manages it must know how to operate it and she does. Thank you for the everlasting memories.

• Wedding: 07/03/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

ANDREW K. AND HIS STAFF MORE THAN EXCEEDED OUR EXPECTATIONS. PLEASANTDALE CHATEAU IS EVERYTHING AND MORE THAT YOU COULD EVER WANT IN A RECEPTION LOCATION. THE OVERALL ELEGANCE, THE ESTATE AND ITS BEAUTIFUL BREATHTAKING GROUNDS, AND THE AMAZING CULINARY EXPERIENCE IS CONSTANTLY BRAGGED ABOUT BY EVERY SINGLE GUEST WHO CAME TO OUR JUNE 13TH WEDDING.

WE ARE SO HAPPY WE WENT WITH SUCH A UNIQUE SETTING AND ENJOYED EVERY MOMENT OF OUR WEDDING.

THANK YOU SO MUCH AGAIN ANDREW AND STAFF FOR YOUR EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE. WE WILL ALWAYS REFER OUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS TO THE PLEASANTDALE!

-GABRIELLE & PETE

• Wedding: 06/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If you are looking for a true fairy tale wedding, your hunt for a wedding venue should begin and end here. Coming from a bride who saw 11 venues up and down New Jersey, we knew we chose a place significantly different than all the rest.

The Pleasantdale is a timeless venue that marries being in a castle and your own cosy mansion. The cocktail hour is hosted among the various rooms of the Pleasantdale with more than enough chairs and tables instead of being in an oversized, cramped room with no place to go. The ballroom doesn't look like every other ballroom with harsh uplighting but more romantic with a candlelit feel. The Pleasantdale also offers an after party and morning after breakfast that was just as delicious as the night before. You are able to stumble back to your room as your room is merely steps away from the party.

If there is anyone in this business who knows what he's doing it's Andrew Kronengold. From the second he toured us around the property down to the very last hug and handshake the day after our wedding he catered to every email and call with professionalism and promptness and boy does he know his food! His staff treated us like royalty from the moment we stepped off the bus. The infamous Santiago coordinated the entire event flawlessly. My attendant Natasha and her assistant made sure I had EVERYTHING I could possibly need or want every step of the way. The entire staff made me feel like the princess I dreamed of being on my wedding day. You cannot beat that type of service.

Our wedding was nearly 3 weeks ago an the rave reviews are still pouring in. They are raving about everything - the food, the venue, the accommodations, absolutely everything. Nobody has ever experienced a wedding like the Pleasantdale provides. It was worth every penny and I wouldn't change a thing.

Thank you Pleasantdale for giving us our dream wedding!

• Wedding: 02/08/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had our wedding at the Pleasantdale Chateau on New Year's Eve wedding. Leading up to the wedding my mom and I were in constant contact with Andrew and he was always very responsive and accommodating with anything that we wanted for the wedding. After the ceremony at the Church we went back to the Pleasantdale and for the cocktail hour my husband and I were taken to the bridal suite and we were brought up one of EVERYTHING in the cocktail hour to taste! Then after we finished we went downstairs to see the cocktail hour in full effect and greet our guests so it was the best of both worlds! During the cocktail hour as we were greeting our guests they all kept saying how truly beautiful the Pleasantdale was. Food was scattered throughout the place so the guests could walk around and eat and not have to all be stuffed in one room and there were plenty of spots to sit and eat so the guests didn't have to stand up eating. The service was incredible- when we received feedback from our friends and family one of the things that kept coming up was how they loved that every time they were even close to finishing their drinks, a fresh new drink would appear before they were even finished! Then after the night, Steve and I went back to our room to find in our kitchen area that the table was set with two plates and each had all of the dessert from the wedding that we chose and an ice bucket with champagne and two champagne glasses! So we sat down at the table and ate dessert and talked about the wedding and it was so nice and such a great memory of the end of the night for us! I loved everything about the Pleasantdale Chateau from the ambiance and the charm of the place; to Andrew, Santiago, Leslie, Yanna and the rest of the staff; to the food; the service and how they made such an effort to make everything so special for us- it felt like we were millionaires hosting this big New Year's Eve event for our family and friends at our estate!

• Wedding: 12/31/2013
Lauren
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My fiancé, Kris, and I shared a magical, storybook wedding at The Pleasantdale Chateau on Friday, September 13, 2013. The Chateau is stunning. The grounds are beautifully manicured and maintained regularly with seasonal flowers and greenery. The stage is set when you arrive to the Chateau, as you fall in love driving down the entryway road as you approach the mansion.

We had the privilege of working with Andrew, the Director of Catering at the Pleasantdale Chateau. Andrew set the tone for professionalism, captured the "i" in detail and with every promise he delivered...above and beyond. Working in the industry and planning weddings and other events I had always been familiar with the Pleasantdale Chateau. It is the one place you look at and think "THAT is where I want to have my wedding." And it is true, the Pleasantdale Chateau IS where you should you have your wedding. The team there truly cares about creating a day that is everything you dreamed of and more. Staff is attending to the bridal party, the parents and all of your guests. You feel like the only bride that ever walked through their doors.

It was an honor to finally meet Santiago, the acclaimed Maitre'd and Banquet Director, whom I have always heard so much about. I was honored that he was taking care of my wedding. Santiago orchestrated the reception and ensured the flow of courses and the overall experience within the ballroom was seamless…and yes, it was simply perfect.

Andrew understood the items that were a priority including my sister's gluten sensitivity, having celiac disease. He took care of this with the most extreme precaution, understanding that there was no room for error. Andrew assured us of his attention to this and he did not let us down.

Kris and I along with our families are forever grateful for the perfect wedding experience. We cannot wait to attend another gathering at the Pleasantdale Chateau. Food, service, ambiance…10.

• Wedding: 09/13/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

IT WAS A DREAM! FOR US! FOR OUR FAMILY! FOR OUR GUESTS! EVERYTHING WAS A DREAM...I CANNOT SAY ENOUGH ABOUT EVERYONE...FROM ANDREW (SALES MANAGER)...TO THE WAITSTAFF...BARTENDERS...IT WAS WORTH EVERY PENNY! WE ARE THE LUCKIEST COUPLE ON THE PLANET...WE WILL NEVER EVER FORGET OUR DREAM DAY AT THE PLEASANDALE CHATEAU! THERE IS JUST NOTHING FABULOUS THINGS TO SAY!

• Wedding: 09/07/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This venue is STUNNING!!!!! My brother got married on Sunday and had about 200 guests. The staff made sure every guest had what they needed. Santiago, the manager/Maitre D', made my brother and his wife feel like royalty. The outdoor space made the photos and the indoor space had gorgeous character. Everything was close by. The guests didn't have to walk far from the ceremony to cocktail hour to the reception to the bathroom or anything. Having a baby that helped me a lot since I had everything in a room upstairs. Lior, one of our waiters, was so professional and accommodating. Jaylina and Lesly were with the bride and bridal party and made sure they were happy. I was just the groom's sister and I asked for everything from crazy glue to bed sheets (for my baby) and they were all right there for us. Our guests raved about this venue! Get married here... You won't regret it!

• Wedding: 06/13/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I knew from the moment we stepped inside the ballroom that I wanted to have our wedding at Pleasantdale, and I am so happy to say they really helped us have the wedding of our dreams. Andrew could not have been nicer, and his attention to detail was phenomenal. The space is beautiful, indoors and out, the food is truly amazing, and the staff was first-class all the way.

• Wedding: 05/20/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Pleasantdale experience was well worth every penny!! It is a bit on the pricey side but the 5-star service and food certainly made up for the price tag that we paid for 200 guests. Every part of that day went smoothly and the staff made sure that myself, my husband, my family, the bridal party, and our guests, were always well taken care of. We had the pleasure of working with Andrew Kronengold at the Pleasantdale Chateau who I couldn't be happier with. He made sure every detail went as planned and did a fantastic job coordinating all the events for that day. The food was fantastic! All of our guests could not believe the enormous amount of food during the cocktail hour. We had guests coming up to us throughout the night telling us how delicious the food was and how gorgeous the Chateau was. After the party, we've had tons of guests tell us that it was by far, "the best wedding that they'd ever been to."

So, if you want your guests talking about your wedding for years to come as the best wedding that they have ever been to, you have to have your wedding here! You will not be disappointed. I found the Pleasantdale Chateau based on the best reviews and the Chateau and its staff have far exceeded our expectations.

• Wedding: 05/19/2012
4.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The venue was just exquisite and all my guests were blown away. The Music Room was the perfect place for the ceremony and the ballroom was awesome for the recption. I loved throwing the bouqet from the Juliet balcony.

Now about the food . . . YUM! People loved the overabundance of food at the cocktail hour and the desserts were insane.

I can't believe I was married in this mansion last weekend! It was just incredible!!!

• Wedding: 02/04/2012