Platinum Occasions

Platinum Occasions

Bringing Your Party To Life!

718 s. Michigan

Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding was absolutely amazing - but Jim really, truly, made the party! EVERYONE was coming up to us, complimenting him and the music. And he made us both so comfortable throughout the entire process. Jim played our ceremony processional and recessional music since it was an outdoor wedding, and we made some last minute changes and he never batted an eye. He was so flexible and made us feel so relaxed about everything. He never rushed us but kept us on task the entire time. I will definitely recommend him to all of my friends and family!!

• Wedding: 06/07/2014
Matt and Lindsey
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Best DJ ever we had great dancing all night best wedding

• Wedding: Recently Married
4.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Jim was great DJ. He really took the temperature of the crowd in the room and played music accordingly. Our only real gripe was the songs we added to our "Must Play" list was a bit neglected. We wish that more of the selections were played. But Jim was awesome and really made the party flow.

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had a very unique surprise wedding that started off as our son's 1st birthday party. This required a lot of assistance and extra planning with the DJ. Not only did Jim help pull this off, he made it a complete success. After the ceremony Jim had everyone young and old on the dance floor all night long. Jim really helped make our surprise wedding a complete success. If your looking for a DJ stop here because you will be in great hands.

• Wedding: 11/02/2013
Gidget
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Work with Jim to fine tune your wishes. He is very open and ready to please and help you. Very personable with guests and requests. He helped make our wedding fun!

• Wedding: 11/01/2013
Lashell
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Best DJ ever! We had so many compliments and our dance floor was packed all night :)

• Wedding: 09/21/2013
Rachel
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jim kept the party going all night! I got lots of compliments on the music from my guests.

• Wedding: 09/13/2013
Emily
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jim made the evening unforgettable! He was able to fulfill every request from guests within minutes! He kept the dance floor full from beginning to the very end. I would recommend him for ANY occasion!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jim was an AMAZING DJ! We hired Jim to DJ our wedding reception, which was located in a room that opened up to another room where we held our ceremony. A live musician was supposed to play our music while we walked down the aisle. Needless to say the live musician didn't show up! Jim saved the day by offering to playing our ceremony music for us! I don't know what I would have done had he not been there.

The reception ended up being a hit! Jim mixed great music the entire night, and we never had an empty dance floor. We literally had to cut the music to get people to leave! The whole process of working with Jim was fun and easy. His site allowed us to pick all of the music that we liked effortlessly, and we were even able to find songs that were popular for each category (i.g. the bouquet toss and father daughter dance). I would hire Jim again in a minute! I'm definitely recommending him!

• Wedding: 07/05/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jim went above and beyond all expectations as a DJ. He not only DJed the reception but also handled all the music for our ceremony and the audio for our officiant. He was super responsive and extremely pleasant to work with. I loved being able to go online and add songs to playlists, it made the whole process so much easier. I can't tell you how many times we heard from all our guests throughout the night how amazing they thought he was, He knows exactly what to play and when. Also, he took the time to make sure he knew how to pronounce everyone's names perfectly. A big plus for someone who's last name gets pronounced wrong often.

• Wedding: 04/13/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had Jim as our DJ and he was awesome!! He was super easy to work with and did a really great job getting the guests up to dance. He provided ceremony music which was beautiful and awesome dinner music. He was very funny, yet professional, and I would definitely recommend him to other couples in the Chicago area!!

• Wedding: 03/22/2013
Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The music was great and the dance floor was always packed! Jim did a awesome job of playing music everyone in attendance loved! The photo booth was also a huge hit! It was so great being able to have a photo album the same night. Everything was perfect and Jim was a pleasure to work with!

• Wedding: 01/05/2013
Kelsey
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jim is a wonderful DJ. The dance floor was packed all night. He played an excellent variety of music, he had a feel for the crowd and what kept them dancing. In the days after the wedding we rec'd many calls from friends and family saying they haven't danced that much in years and that he was the best DJ they've ever seen. Jim is a great guy and was a pleasure to work with. Of all the vendors we worked with he was by far the best. I would definitely use him again. I can only hope he's still around when my younger daughter gets married.

• Wedding: 12/15/2012
Tina
  • Flexibility: 5.0

When I say that I checked our DJ's availability before I "booked" our wedding...I'm not lying! :O) Jim was our DJ and he was AWESOME! My husband LOVED previewing our music selection and making requests online. Jim was so awesome, when we forgot to pick a specific song for the Mother/Son dance...he had a GREAT ONE ready to go for us! The dance floor was packed all night long!! We were amazed how many people stayed out on the dance floor even after the bar closed..the music played on and our guests stayed dancing with us until the lights came up. :O)

Jim also provided his photobooth and we LOVE looking back on the album and laughing at all the silly pictures and messages from our family and friends. I continue to recommend Jim to ALL of my friends, and I am looking forward to seeing him twice this SPRING at two different weddings. :O) THANK YOU JIM!! Toni & Mike Wolthusen

• Wedding: 11/10/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jim was a pleasure to work with. He was friendly, professional, and so much fun at our wedding! He played a variety of music that catered to all of our guests. Most of the night he had everyone on the dance floor! Our guests keep giving us compliments on how much fun and nice Jim was to work with! Thank you Jim for making our wedding an absolute blast!! We would recommend you to anyone getting married!

• Wedding: 06/03/2012
Kira
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This was a birthday party and things went very well. Photo booth was the differentiator in the selction and it ended up being the most memorable component for my wife. Great time and a great experience.

• Wedding: 04/28/2012