Platinum Occasions

Platinum Occasions

Favorite
Villa Park, IL
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

We used Platinum Occasions for our wedding on July 25, 2015. The online site was easy to use and helped us schedule our events for the reception, as well as the music that we got to pick ourselves. The website was impressive and anytime we had a question we were contacted almost immediately with answers. We loved our DJ Jim, he was AMAZING!!! His professionalism, energy, and charm is definitely worth every dime we spent! Jim made sure he was pronouncing everyones name right and he made sure he understood all of the events we wanted to take place and when (toasts, family dances, bouquet & garter toss, etc). When we walked into the reception he asked right away if he could get us anything. How awesome is that??? He was even seen on the dance floor himself. The music throughout the night was awesome, and our guests could not stop talking about how great it was. There was not a moment that went by that the dance floor wasn't full. It was packed from start to finish!!! We also had the photo booth and it was such a big hit with our guests!! Our family and friends are still talking about the photo booth!! Platinum Occasions went above and beyond to provide us with more than we could have ever dreamed of. These guys really know what they were doing. We have memories that will last a lifetime thanks to Platinum Occasions. I HIGHLY recommended them.....

Services Used: DJ

Jim was absolutely amazing!! I had friends and family reach out to me after the event to make sure I knew how excellent they felt the DJ was. His website allowed us to personalize our playlist but he also took requests. He even joined us on the dance floor for some songs! He was so fun and truly made the reception a blast! I was shocked at how many people stayed until the end of the event and I credit Jim for that. If you want all of your party guests out on the dance floor for your whole event then go with Jim! The photobooth was great as well. Very professional and I left with not only a personalized book but a flashdrive with all the pictures on it.

Services Used: DJ

I don't know how I can put my sincere level of gratitude into words...Jim Mast was simply THE BEST! He worked with us up until the very last minute with changes and executed everything flawlessly! We had so much fun!!!!!!! I would recommend him over and over again!!!!!!

Matt and Lindsey
06/07/2014

Our wedding was absolutely amazing - but Jim really, truly, made the party! EVERYONE was coming up to us, complimenting him and the music. And he made us both so comfortable throughout the entire process. Jim played our ceremony processional and recessional music since it was an outdoor wedding, and we made some last minute changes and he never batted an eye. He was so flexible and made us feel so relaxed about everything. He never rushed us but kept us on task the entire time. I will definitely recommend him to all of my friends and family!!

1+ year ago

Best DJ ever we had great dancing all night best wedding

1+ year ago
4.2

Jim was great DJ. He really took the temperature of the crowd in the room and played music accordingly. Our only real gripe was the songs we added to our "Must Play" list was a bit neglected. We wish that more of the selections were played. But Jim was awesome and really made the party flow.

Gidget
11/02/2013

We had a very unique surprise wedding that started off as our son's 1st birthday party. This required a lot of assistance and extra planning with the DJ. Not only did Jim help pull this off, he made it a complete success. After the ceremony Jim had everyone young and old on the dance floor all night long. Jim really helped make our surprise wedding a complete success. If your looking for a DJ stop here because you will be in great hands.

Lashell
11/01/2013

Work with Jim to fine tune your wishes. He is very open and ready to please and help you. Very personable with guests and requests. He helped make our wedding fun!

Rachel
09/21/2013

Best DJ ever! We had so many compliments and our dance floor was packed all night :)

Emily
09/13/2013

Jim kept the party going all night! I got lots of compliments on the music from my guests.

2+ years ago

Jim made the evening unforgettable! He was able to fulfill every request from guests within minutes! He kept the dance floor full from beginning to the very end. I would recommend him for ANY occasion!

Services Used: DJ

Jim was an AMAZING DJ! We hired Jim to DJ our wedding reception, which was located in a room that opened up to another room where we held our ceremony. A live musician was supposed to play our music while we walked down the aisle. Needless to say the live musician didn't show up! Jim saved the day by offering to playing our ceremony music for us! I don't know what I would have done had he not been there.

The reception ended up being a hit! Jim mixed great music the entire night, and we never had an empty dance floor. We literally had to cut the music to get people to leave! The whole process of working with Jim was fun and easy. His site allowed us to pick all of the music that we liked effortlessly, and we were even able to find songs that were popular for each category (i.g. the bouquet toss and father daughter dance). I would hire Jim again in a minute! I'm definitely recommending him!

Services Used: DJ

Jim went above and beyond all expectations as a DJ. He not only DJed the reception but also handled all the music for our ceremony and the audio for our officiant. He was super responsive and extremely pleasant to work with. I loved being able to go online and add songs to playlists, it made the whole process so much easier. I can't tell you how many times we heard from all our guests throughout the night how amazing they thought he was, He knows exactly what to play and when. Also, he took the time to make sure he knew how to pronounce everyone's names perfectly. A big plus for someone who's last name gets pronounced wrong often.

Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

We had Jim as our DJ and he was awesome!! He was super easy to work with and did a really great job getting the guests up to dance. He provided ceremony music which was beautiful and awesome dinner music. He was very funny, yet professional, and I would definitely recommend him to other couples in the Chicago area!!

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ
Kelsey
01/05/2013

The music was great and the dance floor was always packed! Jim did a awesome job of playing music everyone in attendance loved! The photo booth was also a huge hit! It was so great being able to have a photo album the same night. Everything was perfect and Jim was a pleasure to work with!

Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths
Tina
12/15/2012

Jim is a wonderful DJ. The dance floor was packed all night. He played an excellent variety of music, he had a feel for the crowd and what kept them dancing. In the days after the wedding we rec'd many calls from friends and family saying they haven't danced that much in years and that he was the best DJ they've ever seen. Jim is a great guy and was a pleasure to work with. Of all the vendors we worked with he was by far the best. I would definitely use him again. I can only hope he's still around when my younger daughter gets married.