Planet DJ Productions, LLC

Planet DJ Productions, LLC

"Offering a World of Music" See why we have received so many awards from theknot.com and the ADJA!!!

Serving the DC Metro and East Coast
VA
Genres: 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, Acoustic, Big Band, Classic...
Liability Insurance: Yes
Value:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wife and I had a unique wedding. She is Serbian and I am Indian. It was a true fusion wedding / Our guest list included people from around the world and we needed a DJ that could provide a diversity of music. The majority of my family and my parent's friends were Indian. However, we didn't want the music to be a one side . We were looking for a DJ that understood the unique aspects of both wedding and could keep the dance floor hopping. As far as lighting goes, my wife works in fashion, and I freelance in home decore. We both have very artistic eyes and knew what we wanted to accomplish with our decore. An elegant fall theme was our goal. We also used Ateet's services at the Baratt and temple.

Since we reside in NYC and were getting married in Baltimore, MD. Meeting vendors had to occur at specific times and required flexibility. Ateet was very easy to work with and communicate with. They took time on the phone, on skype and in person to go over every aspect of our event.

One the day of our event, Ateet was amazing at the temple and personally was at our venue to ensure everything went according to plan. At our reception, DJ Monica delivered flawlessly. Our guest loved the music and never stopped dancing. They also loved the lighting and we received several complement.

Planet DJ is worth every penny and we would gladly use them again if we had to do everything all over again.

• Wedding: 11/08/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

A HUGE thank you to Ateet and his team for everything they did to make our wedding so memorable. From the barat, to providing music for 2 different ceremonies, everything ran so smoothly from start to finish. All of our guests had a wonderful time at the reception--we received a ton of compliments about the music, and appreciated how Ateet read the crowd well and played music accordingly. It was no easy task given that we had a large mix of Indian and non-Indian guests! He was accommodating, flexible, and obviously well versed in working fusion weddings with tons of moving parts and last minute requests/changes. It was totally seamless.

In the months leading up, Ateet never failed to respond quickly to my countless emails and requests, which was such a relief for a control-freak bride like myself! Overall, he was just fantastic to work with, and we can't recommend him and his many services highly enough. Thanks, Ateet!

• Wedding: 11/08/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Ateet and his staff were great to work with and exceeded every expectation. He was very responsive and spent a great deal of time assisting us choose our music and define our event schedules and logistics for our Bengali fusion wedding. Not being very familiar with Indian music, he helped us pick the best mix for our events. The events went off without a hitch with Ateet running the show. The lights, music, and MC were all tailored to fit our event and really made our day special.

• Wedding: 08/31/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

So blessed to have planet dj productions as my vendor! everything was absolutely perfect. The up lighting provided was beautiful. I needed someone that understood I had American and Spanish guests and they did great at making the songs flow. The DJs did so well that the wedding reception had to be extended another hour. The planning process was made easy and very responsive.

• Wedding: 08/09/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Ateet and his team were top notch! They were professional, reasonable, easy to work with, and very skilled. Many guests told me personally that our wedding was the best they had ever been to, and Planet DJ Productions played a large part in that. These comments from our guests are really all that needs to be said regarding feedback from the event.

• Wedding: 07/26/2014
Ryan
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Planet DJ Productions did a great job at our wedding and sangeet. We used them for a couple of services and we were very happy. They provided music, lighting, a dhol player, mobile baraat, and a photobooth for our wedding at the Grand Lodge of Maryland. Ateet was one of the most professional vendors we worked with. He was extremely responsive and usually emailed us back within the same day. He also has an online planner which helped us organize all of our music.

The music at both events was amazing and the Planet DJ Productions team really got the crowd going. We also wanted the reception room to be filled with blue lighting and it looked amazing on our wedding day. The mandap and reception stage also had uplighting and we had a fog machine on the dance floor so the effect was out of this world.

A lot of people loved the photobooth and we are really grateful we got it at the last minute. There was a mistake on how the pictures were printed out but Ateet is going out of his way to fix it and send us the new copies, which most vendors would not do. We just received the scrapbook and the photobooth team did a great job with it. You can tell they put a lot of effort into the scrapbook.

The dhol player was also amazing. We still receive compliments because he did such a great job and was really enjoying himself.

I highly recommend Planet DJ Productions. We were so happy that Ateet was personally available to attend the wedding because he went above and beyond (he even made sure the groom and I had drinks at the reception because we had been running around so much).

• Wedding: Recently Married
Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Ateet and his crew are the absolute best. the BEST. Not only did Ateet make last minute adjustments for us (moving people and equipment at the last minute) - they were also AWESOME. Jordan and Kabir had the party going so much that we all stayed for an extra hour. The music was perfect, the lights were perfect. Below, the exact text of the email I send Ateet after our dream wedding:

"Hi Ateet,

First of all THANK YOU - everything your team did was just perfect - from the towers, to the music, to Kabir's party motivation (soooo motivating!!!) you guys really made this the best party of our lives!!!

Anyway, everything was amazing- we're working on writing the best yelp reviews ever!

Thanks again for a dream wedding : )"

• Flexibility: 5.0

Ateet was a pleasure to work with - responsive, extremely professional, and a great DJ and MC. He offered guidance too on the flow of events for the reception which was highly appreciated. The music was great and guests danced all night. I would highly recommend him and his team!

• Flexibility: 5.0

We used Planet DJ Productions for our wedding in April 2014 in Maryland and loved them! They were extremely professional from the beginning, listened to what we wanted and delivered! They were involved in our entire weekend: lighting/music Friday evening, ceremony production Saturday morning and the entire production for Saturday evening. They definitely got the party going, and everyone commented the next day how the dance floor was packed the entire night! They were our favorite and easiest vendor to deal with throughout the wedding planning process. Ateet is especially great when it comes to attention with detail, and is very quick to return phone calls, emails, etc. Overall, loved PDP!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Ateet is amazing and so is his company. When you have an Indian wedding and deal with Indian-specific vendors, professionalism is a quality that is so hard to find. But not with Planet DJ productions- Everything was so timely and professional and the planner in me was so utterly thankful for them. The music was on point- exactly how we described our audience and the lighting was absolutely beautiful!

Thank you Ateet & Planet DJ Productions for making our guests dance to their hearts content and for making our reception look like a fairytale :)

• Wedding: 03/29/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Outstanding. Wife and I had a fusion wedding and Planet DJ was able to blend the music perfectly. Dance floor was always packed. We did a full Indian (Sikh) ceremony and the Dhol player not only set the mood, his advice to myself and groomsmen (all white) was priceless. These guys are the best, but book early because they are in high demand.

• Wedding: 01/04/2014
Nick
  • Flexibility: 5.0

DJ Ateet and his staff are fun, extremely professional, and truly care. And of course, they are incredible at what they do. You will never feel that they are a vendor of yours because of the personal touch and the kind hearts they bring to your event. They care not only because they are a good group of people, but because they are extremely passionate about what they do. They brought an extremely eclectic mix of music to our wedding (which spanned 3 days). This was important to us as my wife and I come from different cultures (Mexican and Indian). We were lucky enough to have multiple members of his staff there and we were able to see just how talented each DJ was in their specific genre of music. Our favorite part of the weekend was when Ateet took the mic and joins us on the dance floor singing along and dancing to salsa, etc. Bottom line, the weekend would not have been the same without them.

• Wedding: 11/17/2013
anish
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Ateet and his team were incredible! We had them for our whole wedding weekend (Sangeeth, Baraat, Wedding Ceremony and Wedding Reception) and we could not have asked for a better DJ, music, and entertainment. From the initial planning stages, Ateet was always prompt in his responses and available by both email and phone to answer any of our questions. His team was incredibly professional and flexible throughout all of the events. He was able to keep everyone on the dance floor until the end of the night! We really appreciate everything Ateet and his team have done in making our event successful. Our guests still talk about the great music at our wedding! Would absolutely recommend them to anyone.

• Wedding: 11/09/2013
S.
  • Flexibility: 5.0

AMAZING JOB! The set up was beyond what we expected and the music was spot on!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

When I think of THE vendor that could made the greatest impact on our reception it would have to be Ateet Ahuja and Planet DJ Productions. From the moment I start working with him a year in advance in November 2012, he came ready and knew what he was talking about. I knew I could trust him as I've seen his other events in person, and they always blew me away. He has everything down from the lighting to the sound and to the MC duties.
I booked Ateet a year in advance since I know the guy gets booked up instantly and by booking early, we could work out any details that were special to us. After meeting with him, I got a quote within hours, and he even threw in so much stuff that I'm still trying to figure out how he did it. The guy knows what he's talking about, and without him alone, I wouldn't have the connection (and amazing discount) with the decorations people or with the venue itself. He's done so many events at our venue that they knew him and his company by name, and that's the type of person you want to run your event from start to finish.

Our program was effortless and it felt like the night ended so soon! Also, we mentioned to him that we had an idea of throwing an after party in the bridal suite and let's just say, he delivered on that too, no surprise there! He threw in a speaker for free with a cable so guests can plug in their music and keep the party going! This is all almost out of order since I'm remembering things as I write this...here's an example of the big surprise Ateet wanted to show my wife and I...when we walked into the ballroom he wanted to do something special, well...he bought a giant fog system and we walked into a beautiful hall, and it was amazingly lit. Everything was PERFECT! I know who I'd hire for any family party, it's Ateet and Planet DJs! In fact, our guests loved our event so much that they're BEGGING us to throw an anniversary party, or just a party in general...and for us, all the credit goes to the DJ!

• Wedding: 09/07/2013
Jasmeet
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We highly recommend Planet DJ! We had an Indian-American wedding and were not sure what exactly we wanted. Ateet was willing to meet with us on-site prior to the wedding to do a walk through and make sure that everything was set-up for what we wanted. Ateet was very easy to work with and provided great suggestions for processional songs, our reception timeline, and even suggested the placement of our photobooth to make sure that it was used while keeping everybody in the party. The DJs did a great job of making sure that the dance floor was full the ENTIRE night for both nights of our 2-night affair. We provided minimal suggestions/song requests and they played a great mix of music that kept everybody on the dance floor. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
877-737-3262
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards