Pioneer Arizona Living History Village

• Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Professionalism: 2.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 0.5

The location was so beautiful and different. I was really glad I had my wedding at the location - however there were a few set backs. My ceremony was in the little white church (which turned out adorable I loved it) and reception in the opera house. We had our wedding in the heat of summer here in AZ. I wouldn't recommend this venue for any warm months here in AZ (like end of May- September). We were told both places were fully air conditioned.. But the air conditioning was very minimal.. The church wasn't as bad, but the opera house was hot the entire time. At moments trying to dance was unbearable. Even though we complained about the heat (and we brought this concern to attention many times before, as well as the day before at set up), nothing was done to turn it down or fix it.. Also, they do have a bat (yes the animal) infestation in the opera house.. It smelled so bad (like bat poop) in the opera house when we went to set up, that we had to go out and buy a bunch of scented items to leave over night, just to try to cover it up. You could still somewhat smell it the day of, but luckily all of scented things, flowers, and food covered some of it up. This was something I wish I had known about before I booked the venue..
The food was good. And there's so many fun spots to take photos! Overall it's a great site for a rustic wedding, I think the church and doing the reception outside would be a great option for anyone looking to have it here. I would not recommend the opera house for reception (they also left all their stage props in the opera house - so my DJ had to maneuver his set up around it.. I thought that these props being left on my wedding day like it was nothing, was kind of strange).
My DJ did have to bring extension cords, so I would recommend your DJ check out the venue before the wedding to see what he needs to bring. And even though it's an old building, we had no problem with the power.

• Wedding: 09/06/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
4.9/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I really loved this venue!! Tamara was great once she realized what Lisa I was ;) and on the day of the wedding to me she was wonderful. However, I had a couple guest say she was rude to them but her directness maybe was mistaken for rudeness as she was trying to make my husband and my day perfect. Which she did! He also wanted to surprise me with the horse drawn carriage and she wAs fabulous in keeping the secrete until it arrived at the bridal door. The catering was courteous and prompt. And the food was delicious!!

• Wedding: 05/25/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Pioneer village was beautiful and amazing and I was so happy to be married there

• Wedding: 04/20/2014
Services Used: Catering, Wedding Planning
Profile Picture
Kelli
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Absolutely a wonderful experience! Tamara, the wedding coordinator, was amazing and made sure everything went flawlessly! She was there every step of the way, taking care of all the small details so that the groom and I could enjoy our day. We were so blessed to have her there for us!

The location was beautiful and unique and was the perfect location for Arizona scenery along with history, our photographer and family and friends were totally thrilled. Especially because our photographer was married there herself and works with Tamara out at Pioneer, Kelly Gilliss with the Big Picture Fine Art & Photography. We had our wedding in the chapel and our reception in the opera house. It was very helpful that they do setup and tear down so we did not have to worry about it, but the family and friends did pitch in to help clean up and we were required to help clean up or be charged for a clean up. We did have to do some of the setup ourselves for the reception, but you can pay more and have it done for you, but my interior designers/decoraters, my mom and grandmother, are the experts and took care of the bigger details. The food was DELICIOUS and everyone made sure, including myself as the bride, made sure we ate and the groom had seconds.

One of the neat things about this location is the unique touches you can have. We had a horse and carriage, we even had the church bell ring for us after the ceremony! And a DOVE RELEASE! The Dove Release was set-up by the bride and the bride told NO ONE about this, other than Tamara of course and it was the most amazing experience to have and all of the guests LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the surprise in store for them, but what an amazing surprise for the bride and groom! It was the most perfect touch to our Cinderella Fairy Tale. Our guest were even able to look around the history of Pioneer and experience the village themselves while we took our pictures.This is a very special location to have a wedding that will get your family and friends gossiping about, in ALL GREAT WAYS for years to come! :)

• Wedding: 12/03/2011
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We loved the location/scenery for our ceremony and reception. It was a great atmosphere. We were also impressed with the quality of food and the service our guests received from the catering crew. If I had one complaint it would no bathrooms. However, they are in the process of correcting.

• Wedding: 02/25/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Let me start by saying that you to Opal and her crew!!! We started with everything being outside on the lawn with the ceremony in front of the water fall and the mountains in the background. We had a possible scare for rain for the recepiotn and they did everything they could to try and find a solution for us and we didnt have to do anything they said they would take care of it... and they did! We ended up having the reception under the livery stable area and we couldnt have asked for a better setting!! It had lights set up where it made the setting romantic and breathtaking.
My photos came out so well, since it never ended up raining(YAY), we have trouble now deciding which one we like more. If you want a place that is laid back, elegant, classy, or all of it this is the place to have it!!!! Thank you again!!!!

Justin and Kaycee

• Wedding: 02/05/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The location was beautiful and unique, our photographer was totally thrilled. We had our wedding in the chapel and our reception in the opera house. It was very helpful that they do setup and tear down so we did not have to worry about it. We did have to do some of the setup ourselves for the reception, but you can pay more and have it done for you. The food was wonderful and we even got a chance to eat it!

One of the neat things about this location is the unique touches you can have. We had a horse and carriage and we even had the church bell ring for us after the ceremony! This is a very special location to have a wedding!

• Wedding: 11/28/2009
623-465-1052
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire