Perry Vaile Photography

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
I don't even know how to describe how incredible Perry, and her great husband and second shooter Shawn, are! I looked for a really long time for a photographer - literally months - and kept putting off signing a contract because no one's photography felt quite right to me. I luckily stumbled upon Perry's work, and knew immediately that this was "it." Her photography is incredibly strong, colorful, and bold, yet romantic, natural, and authentic. She has an amazing eye for incorporating the colors, textures, and shapes of the outdoors. And best yet, her personality is warm, reassuring, and full of positive energy and good humor.

We used Perry for our engagement pictures and a full day on the wedding, and to be honest, the great experiences that we had with her made me kind of wish that we had also done bridal portraits - something I never thought I would say! I'm someone who has always felt awkward in front of a camera, and I'm not naturally photogenic at all. It is all due to Perry's attitude and energy, that I so quickly felt natural, comfortable, and relaxed during our sessions. And after I saw our gorgeous engagement pictures, I knew I would follow her lead anywhere!

Our wedding day schedule changed quite a bit on the day of, and Perry and Shawn dealt with that calmly and made it all work smoothly. Our pictures look so natural, and convey such authentic emotions. The most common response I've gotten when I show off our pictures is "there is wedding photography, and then there is THIS!" We totally agree, and we're just thrilled with our experience with Perry!

Wedding: 05/23/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I really don't have enough good things to say about Perry. From the moment I met her, I felt very comfortable with her and knew she would do a great job making my husband and I feel comfortable during photo shoots. She has such a genuinely sweet and kind personality. You can tell she truly loves what she does and values each and every couple she takes on as clients. Her work is very detailed, unique, and absolutely beautiful.

I was veeeerrryy picky when it came to choosing our wedding photographer. Photography has always been something I have loved to look at and I knew the process to find a wedding photographer would be a long one. Perry really checked all of my "boxes" when it came to picking a photographer. Not only are the quality of her pictures amazing, but she truly invests in each and every couple she takes on. Her turnaround time is also AWESOME. We had our engagement pictures within 2 weeks of taking them and we had our wedding pictures within 3 weeks of taking them.

I would HIGHLY recommend this photographer and her second shooter (Shawn-her husband). They are incredible people and incredible photographers! I have already had my wedding party/wedding guests asking for her information so that they can use her too!
Wedding: 05/10/2014

Private User 7 Reviews
I can't say enough good things about Perry, I don't know where to even start! I am a Perry-groupie!

My now husband and I had our engagement photos taken by the talented and wonderful Perry (and awesome side-kick husband Shawn) last fall. The day we were supposed to take our outdoor photos, it was scheduled to rain. Perry and Shawn drove down in the middle of the night to our venue 3+ hours away, and were up at the crack of dawn to beat the bad weather for our photos! Perry was energetic, enthusiastic, and made us feel right at home with her sweet disposition. I am not a morning person, but Perry's eye for natural light and scouting out venues changed my mind! The end product was nothing short of amazing. Our photos and the experience Perry and Shawn gave us made it a no-brainer that we had to have her do our wedding photos as well!

The day of my wedding was not off to great start given the fact that our hairdresser was running 2 hours late. I was having a major meltdown, but Perry was so calming, and adaptable even when we threw time constraints and changes her way. She was professional and understanding, and never did we feel rushed. Perry and Shawn had woken up early again to find us some of the most beautiful portrait locations even scouting one within Huntington Beach State Park and going through all of the trouble to pay the entry fee for the whole bridal party ahead of time! My favorite time was when Perry and Shawn allowed my new husband and I to spend some time peacefully taking in the day, the ceremony and each other.

One thing is for certain; a lot of questions were swimming through my head on my wedding day, but Perry and her gift for capturing the day's events and those we love most were never a concern to me; any expectations we had for her were exceeded! I would recommend her to the whole wide world if I could!
Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I first met Perry on my way to our rehearsal! What an amazing woman! Not only was she checking out the site (above and beyond the call of duty), but she was such a blast! From the moment I met her, I felt so comfortable. Her smile and warmth make the whole process go smoothly. As someone who is NOT photogenic at all (not being modest, it's the truth people!), she managed to make me look great! I cried when I saw our pictures the first time and everyone who has seen them can't stop commenting on how they look amazing! Her attention to detail is great; from her way of capturing small moments during our wedding day and creating images that truly touch my heart to sending the flash drive to us in an adorable package, she really goes the extra mile to make your experience with her amazing! She's great!
Wedding: 12/28/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I worked with A Southern Soiree and thought I had my photographer picked. My wedding planner suggested we meet with Perry as one more option. As soon as I met Perry and saw her work I knew that she was the perfect photographer for us! Perry's work is absolutely beautiful. Perry shot our engagement photos, my bridal portraits, and our wedding day.

I am a night shift nurse so my schedule is quite hectic. Perry was so flexible with my schedule and also got all of our pictures back to us very quickly! We recently received our wedding day photos and we got 1050 photos back- and they all turned out perfectly!

I would, and have been recommending Perry to many of my friends in the area. She is easy to work with, fun, and takes pictures that will last you a lifetime.
Wedding: 12/07/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Perry’s work is incredible. Her style is vibrant and artistic yet accessible and natural. The photos from our wedding are timeless and will be cherished and revisited for years to come. Perry’s not only a master of her craft she’s wonderful to work with. Perry’s energy and enthusiasm are genuine and contagious. She’s affable and professional and put us (and our family/guests) at ease. Without hesitation, I would recommend Perry to anyone looking for a photographer (for any occasion or just because). She will not disappoint!
Wedding: 10/05/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I couldn't have been more blown away by the artistry and fabulous customer service from Perry Vaile Photography. The experience of working with her was by far the best of any vendor from my wedding, and I feel like she is the kind of person that makes friends everywhere she goes. The images from my wedding are straight out of a magazine -- and believe me, I am no model. She makes her clients feel completely comfortable and at ease, and the skill she demonstrates is on par with the most lauded photographs in the area. I would suggest booking Perry now before she becomes so famous you can't get a date with her!
Wedding: 09/14/2013

Private User 1 Reviews
Perry is the best! The images she captured of our wedding are spectacular: they are colorful, artistic, personal, and funny. I hired Perry about a year out from my wedding date, and throughout the planning process, I was impressed by her professionalism, responsiveness, excitement, and energy. She was so attentive to my requests and questions, I leaned on her as a wedding planner sometimes as much as a photographer. Her attention to details is amazing.

Perry was also very flexible, making the entire experience more positive for me. We really wanted photos from the rehearsal dinner, and Perry was happy to play with her packages to make that happen. I felt uncomfortable in front of the camera, and with the wedding hoopla in general, so Perry and her husband were super helpful and low key when taking pictures of me and my husband. It felt like we were hanging out with friends!

Lastly, Perry is fast! We had a sneak peek of the photos the day after our wedding, and we had all of our photos by the time we got home from our honeymoon!

Perry was by far the best vendor experience we had during the entire process, and I could not be happier with the pictures.
Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility:  5.0
You are in good hands with Perry Vaile Photography! I can't even describe the peace of mind I had (both on the wedding day and throughout the planning process) knowing that Perry was going to capture it all. Even a stormy forecast didn't dampen my spirits, because I just KNEW that Perry would make it work- and make it work BEAUTIFULLY. Perry delivers like no one else I've seen. Her pictures capture the real emotions of a wedding day, nothing is cheesy or fake. I actually just spent the last hour looking through my photos again and truly felt as if I was back at the wedding and taking in everyone and everything around me. Every person I know has gone out of their way to tell me how incredible the wedding photos are. Direct quote from a friend on my facebook wall: "OHMUHGAWD Your wedding photos. I was there & I am still in awe. So beautiful!!!" ... All that to say, you would be so lucky to work with someone as sweet and compassionate and talented as Perry. You get more than a photographer, you gain a new friend who will make you feel as if you are the only wedding on her calendar all year. I don't know how she does it! I would recommend her (and have done so many times already) to anyone and everyone.
Wedding: 07/13/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Perry is my favorite! Her energy and love for photography propells the wedding party to enjoy the time taking photographs rather than dread it.
I was worried that we weren't going to have enough time to take the photos we needed to in the time alotted because of the combination of schedules required by the dj and venue of my reception but Perry made everything happen miraculously and it didn't feel rushed!
Everyone had a great time with her, it was so fun to have her as our photographer because she is so friendly! Before the wedding I was nervous about the day-of schedule and she scheduled an additional meeting with me to walk me through the process. By the end of the wedding I felt like we were best friends, and I still enjoy keeping up with her through her blog and photographs posted on facebook!
Wedding: 07/06/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I couldn't have asked for more beautiful pictures. Perry captured every moment and the pictures are gorgeous. She is so organized, fast, and understanding. I can't say enough to express how grateful I am to have had Perry photograph our wedding! I am beyond pleased!!!
Wedding: 06/22/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
There is not much to say about Perry (and her sweet, sweet hubby) except for perfection! I had a class with Perry in undergrad at ECU and thought she was absolutely beautiful and spunky and sweet! Little did I know that in 2007 I had met my future wedding and "forever" photographer, but also a dear friend! When I got engaged, Perry had just began her photography business. She had shot 1 couple's engagement shots at the time and I knew when I happened upon them on facebook that it was destiny! I booked her immediately-no questions asked! It was a no brainer! She shot our engagement pics, my bridal pics, wedding day, and one other special shoot for me! I truly feel so lucky to have found her. I would have paid a million dollars for her be a part our our special time. She is the epitome of a genuine and caring person. She knows just how to make the nervous jitters go away. Oh- and her and Shawn are not afraid to get a little dirty; I had brooches on my bouquet and during our pics one fell into the pond. Shawn immediately took of his shoes and rolled up his pants and went fishing for my brooch!

I hope that they have all the success in the world! Anyone would be oh so lucky to have these two capture their most special day.
Wedding: 06/15/2013

Private User 1 Reviews
Simply put- Perry was the best decision we made when wedding planning. You will not find better quality photographs with just the perfect mix of timeless and creative. You will never regret choosing her to shoot your wedding.
Wedding: 1+ year ago

Anonymous 1 Reviews
Perry is an amazing photographer and absolutely fantastic to work with! Here's why:

1. Professionalism - We live in DC, but we had our wedding in North Carolina. We never actually met Perry until our wedding day. We communicated primarily through phone and email and I was really impressed by her responsiveness. She replied to all emails and phone calls within 24 hours which tells you a lot about her reliability and professionalism.

Additionally, she wasn't intrusive while taking pictures. Honestly, I had no idea where she was during the reception...no one did, but there are tons of pictures. This was really important to me and she was flawless.

2. Skills - I don't know much about photography, but I know what's good. I'll be the first to admit that i'm picky and spent quite a few weeks going through various photography sites and portfolios. Perry's stuff really captured my eye. I wasn't looking for "artistic" pictures (no fancy coloring, wide angles, etc.). I wanted our pictures to be bright, colorful, and express fun. I explained this to Perry and she knew exactly what I was going after. The pictures were just incredible. Furthermore, she provided her own insight and gave suggestions about what would work best in terms of lighting, timing, etc. She added to my suggestions, which I really appreciated. I wouldn't have felt as comfortable with someone that just agreed with whatever I was saying...I'm not the expert, you are.

3. Value - Perry's price range is higher ($3000) than what i've seen as average, but I think the quality of her work makes up for it.

Overall, a great photographer!
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Perry Vaile Photography is WONDERFUL! Perry is the kind of person and wedding photographer who seeks a personal relationship with her clients and whose warm personality and efforts to get to know her couples shines through her work. Perry Adams and her husband saved the day for my husband and I. We had agreed in the beginning of our engagement that photography was one of those things we wanted to splurge on because you only do it once, and because it was so important to us. We were inexperienced in the vendor game then, so I went with a highly reviewed and highly expensive photographer, whom we eventually let go about six weeks before the wedding.

Perry came recommended by other vendors, and we desperately sought a meeting with her to see if we could book her. The moment I met her I loved her as a person, and as an artist. She talks less about herself than her couples, and she gets excited when she's able to perfectly capture the emotion of a moment for the moment's sake, not about what it'll do for her portfolio. I think she is wonderful, and my husband, my family, and my wedding party LOVED her (which I think is important when they have to listen to her directions in order to get the formal shots after the ceremony)! She also asks for your opinions and truly values them if you have specific ideas for shots. After the wedding, she puts out a sneak peek that very night, gives a special and gorgeous blog preview to your friends and family that week.

One of the other cool things about booking with Perry is the personal touch she adds to everything she does. Every part of every moment is important to her, and the little things count. She presented our digital images in a gift box, wrapped with a personal thank you note, and along with a special surprise that I won't ruin for her. She truly values her clients as people and relationships, and our photography was absolutely gorgeous as a result. I'm so happy we went with her, and I highly recommend her.
Wedding: 03/16/2013

Emily 2 Reviews
Perry is an outstanding photographer. She's organized, creative, energetic, and great with people. She was very patient with our chaotic and sometimes unwieldy group and very flexible--she listened to exactly what we wanted and delivered exactly that, and she offered excellent advice in areas where we were uncertain. Everyone who has seen our photos has been blown away by their composition, creativity, and color. Every step of the way, Perry was on the ball, enthusiastic, and talented. I cannot recommend her highly enough.
Wedding: 12/29/2012
 910-257-8389
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire