Perona Farms

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Perona Farms! My husband and I were married in The Barn, and from the very first day I saw it almost a year and a half ago, I knew I had to be married there. It is such a unique and stunning venue and all of our guests fell in love with it's beauty. The staff is an absolute dream to work with, and the food is phenomenal. If you are looking for a rustic wedding venue, this is the ONLY spot in NJ! It is just perfect, there are no other words to describe it. Working with Mark was a dream and our guests had the best time! Highly recommend!!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

All I can say is: wow!! Perona Farms made our wedding day absolutely perfect, from beginning to end. The Barn is incredible. From the moment we saw it, we knew it was the ideal place for our wedding. Also, the staff there goes above and beyond to ensure that things are perfect...they are professional, patient, attentive, and just overall amazing! (Without Tracey, Justine and Courtney, we never could've done it!) Then, there's the food!! The food there is just incredible. They serve it family style so that you can pick and choose what you want and eat as much or little of everything. Cocktail hour was unique and delicious, including pizza, homemade sausage, shrimp and various other offerings. The reception was no different: more amazing food! The steak and salmon was some of the best we ever had. Then, to finish the night...donuts! Fresh homemade mini donuts at every table were earning raves from the guests (some even searched other tables for extras!). Several of our guests who are already married say they want to do it again just so they can get married at Perona Farms...we'd do it there again in a heartbeat! Thank you for our perfect day.

DiamondDuffy
03/21/2015

All I can say is BEST VENUE EVER. We got married in the barn and it was beyond perfect. The whole place is unique and beautiful and the staff and were all incredible, flexible, and attentive. People are still telling us how outstanding the food& venue was. We had our ceremony downstairs in the barn due to it still being too cold outside. Downstairs is also where the cocktail hour is held so I had some concerns about how they were going to remove all of the chairs without our guests having to stand around awkwardly while they transition into cocktail hour. Well, in a blink of an eye it was like the ceremony never took place in there and everyone was eating &drinking. Hildegard, the event sales manager, was very responsive during the planning process &while on vacation the week prior to our wedding we worked with one of the owners, Tracey, who was so friendly and beyond helpful. The ceremony coordinator, Justine is probably one of the nicest people ever. She was so calming & helpful during the rehearsal and again on our wedding day. She even made special accommodations for our rehearsal. The day of the wedding she checked on me repeatedly to make sure I was ok and provided us with helpful ceremony tips. We had to go back to the barn the next day to pick up our decorations and cake. Justine met with us briefly and again was just so thoughtful you felt like she was your best friend. Our Maitre D', Kevin, was also incredible and attentive. He made sure we had everything we needed all night long. He also reminded me multiple times to eat- which as the bride you totally forget to do. Everything was just perfect from the venue to the staff to the food. It could not have been a more perfect wedding. The grounds are also gorgeous for photos.

Emma
03/14/2015

Great service, food is awesome. They made my wedding very special. Hildegard is very sweet

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We got married in the BARN! And holy cow was it amazing!!!

Our wedding here was everything that I had dreamed of! We had are ceremony there, then our cocktail hour and reception imminently following.

The only thing that bothered me about this venue was the turn over of people that I was dealing with. Signed contracts with one person, they were no longer there. Assigned a new person. Month before the wedding, she was no longer there. But, then we had Marley and she was AMAZING.

When I say they went above and beyond... I am not exaggerating. Two nights before our wedding we dropped everything off... they had everything set up for me exactly how I asked for it and more.

Justine helped on the day of the wedding and the rehearsal. Made sure that all timing of the morning and the ceremony went smooth! Awesome!

Sean was our Maitre D. The whole reception, Jay and I never went without a drink, food, and whatever crazy other thing we needed!

Can not thank everyone whom worked our wedding enough!! they did an amazing job!

1 person found this review helpful

My husband and I had an amazing experience with Perona Farms!! The food and service were exceptional! Justine and Kevin made sure the evening went smoothly and it was just perfect. Throughout the night, family and friends repeatedly praise how beautiful everything was, how delicious the food was and how fabulous the staff was. Even today, almost 2 weeks later, I have people talking to me about how amazing everything was!!! We could not have dreamed of a better day!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Our son and daughter-in-law had their ceremony and reception at Perona Farms in early November. Although the weather didn't cooperate for one of their scenic outdoor sites, the indoor ceremony, at the staircase, and cocktail hour in the main lobby , were beautiful and perfect.
The food and service are top quality. In the planning stage, they were helpful and thoughtful with getting things organized and completed.
If you want to get a real feel for this facility, try their Sunday Brunch. All the same, great tasting food and service.
Highly recommended.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I (as well as our family) have had an amazing experience with Perona from the moment we booked 2 years ago thru our wedding on Sunday. Though the gentleman we booked with is no longer working for Perona, he was incredibly accommodating in getting us a date and price we could afford in order to have our wedding in the Barn. Perona was incredibly accommodating with getting everything finalized. Hildegard was amazing as well as Justine. We weren't able to get our bridal party together for the rehearsal and Justine made sure to get everyone together that morning and run through everything so they all felt comfortable. Even as we were running behind, Justine kept a smile on and made everything run perfectly!! Kevin was our maitre d and even with the favors lost (we brought them that morning and we placed them in a weird spot) he didn't let us worry and made sure they were found. He was even nice enough to pack us up a to go box of dinner too. If there were any hiccups during the wedding, we didn't know about it! The food was beyond amazing! Everyone at the wedding complimented it! Even one of our vegetarian guests loved her dish as well!! The entire staff was attentive and we couldn't have asked for a better day! I would highly recommend Perona for any occasion, Even if its just for brunch!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Beth
10/05/2014

Perona Farms made our wedding day a dream come true! They were very easy with all of the planning along the way!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything about our experience with Perona farms was absolutely FANTASTIC! We got married in the barn, (which blew our guests away), and the whole staff was really wonderful. From every appointment with Becky leading up to the event, right through to them packing up fresh made donuts that my husband and I enjoyed on our way to the honeymoon- every detail was perfect!

One thing that was shocking was the quality of the food. It's often hard to find really quality food at venues because of the quantity- that is far from true at Perona. Everyone said we had the BEST food they've had at a wedding!

The whole staff seemed to genuinely love what they do. Justine and Becky are amazing- they are complete professionals and can answer any question and are real problem solvers. Every detail was thought of! Could not have been happier with the whole experience- absolutely perfect!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had the true pleasure of having our wedding at the barn. From the moment we visited the barn we knew this unique venue was where we needed to host our special day. The barn is stunning and a refreshing change from the typical ballroom wedding. Our guests were all so in awe of it and could not stop taking pictures and commenting that it was truly the most fun and unique wedding they have been to. To top it off the staff is amazing. John helped us with all the planning and locking in details and was incredibly accommodating. He was always happy to meet with us and always offered to “take us back up to the barn” when we were there. I have been in many weddings and Justine was by far the best wedding coordinator I have ever encountered. She was able to reign in my bridal party during the rehearsal and think of details to keep in mind that most people wouldn’t think of to ensure beautiful pictures and ceremony. On our wedding day she made sure all of our ceremony and reception decorations were perfect, and she was there to calm me just before walking out! Our reception coordinator, Kevin, and all of the service staff were incredibly accommodating. Not just to me and my groom, but to all my family and friends. They were so attentive and happy to serve. Kevin always made sure we were where we needed to be, our drinks were constantly brought to us, and all vendors had what they needed. My day was absolutely perfect and everything went better than I could have ever imagined thanks to the staff at Perona Farms! And the food..well I don’t even need to waste word count on that. That’s what they are famous for. If you ask anyone who’s attended a wedding at Perona they will tell you it is amazing! You can also taste it for yourself by enjoying Sunday brunch. Thank you so much to everyone at Perona Farms for being great at what you do and making everyone feel so welcomed and special. You guys are the best!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I am the mother of the bride. I cant say enough wonderful things about Perona Farms, the food, and service was exceptional. all the décor was beautiful and the lighting added a special touch. All of our guests were complimenting Perona and wishing the day wouldn't end. As a parent is was so important that my daughters day was perfect and it was.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Transportation, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Lauren
07/25/2014

The Barn at Perona Farms is the best place to have a beautiful, rustic wedding while still getting all of the benefits of a banquet room. The staff (Becky, Justine, and Kevin) we're incredible. Professional, easygoing, and very helpful. The food was amazing! Every guest was satisfied and loved the idea of serving dinner family-style. That way everyone could try everything. Cocktail hour was delicious. Get the scallops!!! The inside of the barn is gorgeous. The up lighting makes the barn so special and allows you to be as fancy or plain as you want with your decor. We were very lucky to have a 75, sunny, no humidity day at the end of July so that helped to make our day even more perfect. If you want an unforgettable wedding that has all of your guests talking, choose Perona Farms!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My daughters wedding was on 7/5/2014. The ceremony was outside and the reception was in the barn. Mark and his staff went above and beyond to make sure that every detail was done to PERFECTION , the food was excellent ,the service was great. The only negative thing I can say was that the night had to end.
I would highly recommend Perona Farms.

Smitty Waller

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I were married on July 5, 2014 at the Barn at Perona Farms. To say that we were EXTREMELY satisfied was an understatement. From the moment we sat down and met with Mark Avondoglio we knew this was the place that we wanted to get married at- and changed our entire wedding about 5 months before the big day. Mark was extremely accommodating, flexible, and just a real pleasure to interact with (he's funny too!).

The "Barn" is one of the most beautiful venue rooms I"ve ever seen in my life. It's the only place that you can actually have a barn-style wedding- and leave the entire wedding (food, drinks, service, etc) completely up to the venue. We wanted the "rustic" feel to our wedding- and The Barn far exceeded our expectations. The actual reception room is so beautiful that you truly need little decoration for your wedding. We looked into other options and between site fees, rentals, and food/drinks, servers, etc- you soon realize what a value a venue like The Barn at Perona Farms, truly is. The food was absolutely amazing- and our guests could not stop talking about it. There was just so much food and so many options- my only disappointment is that we couldn't eat it all. Interacting with Perona Farms- you soon realize that they are completely different customer service-wise than any other venue we interacted with. Most venues- are pretty stingy in regards to giving you an exact amount of food and hordeuvres for a certain price. Not Perona Farms. My cousin was married here three years prior on a different day of the week which resulted in a difference in the per person pricing- but I can honestly say there was no difference in the amount of food, variety of food, or service that we enjoyed at either wedding. I honestly wish I could relive the day over and over again so that we could enjoy a wedding at Perona Farms again. As my father stated in his review- the only sad part was that the night had to end!

Thank you for everything Perona Farms!!

Private User
Recently Married

Hildegard, Justine and Kevin were great!
The outdoor area is gorgeous and the reception area is very intimate - which was just what we wanted!
Food was very good here too! Loved the smoked salmon station :]
Thank you Perona Farms!