Perfect Planning

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Thank you Tara for taking our vision and creating perfection. We couldn't have done it without you and your team.
We highly recommend!

Rose
06/06/2015

Tara and her staff made it a wonderful day for our daughter and son on law. My husband and I were able to totally enjoy our daughter 's wedding. Every detail was taken care of and at the end of the day were exhausted, not because of the stress of the day but from having a wonderful experience from the ceremony to the reception. We recommend Tara Melvin and Perfect Planning Events for your next special occasion!

Amanda
06/06/2015

Tara and staff at Perfect Planning events were a dependable and organized, fun, and flexible staff to work with Tara. From our first meeting I felt that Tara was organized and had the leadership to help finance and plan the wedding of our dreams. Tara listened to what we wanted, but also used her creativity and experience to suggest ways to enhance the day not only for us but for our guests as well. The day of our wedding ran smoothly, there was nothing for me to worth about as a bride and our guests are still raving about how well our day was put together. I'd love seeing Tara and team dancing at our reception because they were such an integral part of our day and could finally enjoy it all with us!

Sarah
03/28/2015

Working with Tara at Perfect Planning and her team was the best decision I made during the planning process. We chose to go with her full package which mean that Tara was with us the entire way: from finding the venue, to the dj, and cake baker Tara had great connections and suggestions. My husband is in the army and was stationed in Texas during year that we were engaged and only made it home for a few short visits. Tara was able to schedule vendor meetings and the all important tasting around his schedule--which was truly a blessing.

I am not as detailed oriented bride as others may be, so I gave Tara the general vision and she executed every detail flawlessly. She provided advice, guidance, and friendship the entire time. On our wedding day, I felt absolutely no stress as I knew Tara and her team were on top of everything, and I really mean everything!!

I am so grateful that I found Tara. I am especially grateful for the friendship I now have with her. Choose Tara and Perfect Planning for your special day and you cannot go wrong.

Perfect Planning responded with the following comments:

One of the most amazing families that I have ever had the opportunity to work with which has now become an extension of my family. Beautiful wedding, Beautiful family!

Debra and Malcolm
03/28/2015

Ms. Melvin was very helpful in every way. She is very personable, professional and had unlimited resources and referrals available to us. We decided on a sunday brunch after the wedding day at the last minute, and Ms. Melvin made everything perfect for us. This was not a part of our original proposal and she made everything happen within a moments notice.

We have referred her to several of our friends and colleagues. We would highly recommend her for any of your future events.

Thank you Ms. Melvin for such a memorable experience for our family.

Services Used: Band, Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Invitations, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation, Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Tony
10/18/2014

Tara and her entire team was extremely professional!

Vanessa
09/21/2014

Working with Tara was an absolute joy. She was our day of coordinator, but offered so much more along the way. From the beginning, we worked together to think through my special day down to the last detail. She is very down to earth, but also has a tremendous amount of knowledge about the wedding industry, as well as some great connections. She was very patient with me through my decision making because I am known to be pretty indecisive :). Our wedding had a lot of moving pieces and she and her team executed them flawlessly. I also appreciated her responsiveness to unexpected occurrences. For example, after the bouquet toss there were rose petals on the dance floor of the venue. I mentioned to her that we'd be fined if they got in the marble and she started picking them up herself. That was just one example of her dedication to her client's overall happiness and peace of mind. I definitely recommend Tara and her team!

Charles
09/13/2014

Perfect Planning made our event special and frankly "perfect". Tara and her team were fantastic!!!! We were very very fortunate to have a true professional in charge! Thanks Tara!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Simply wow! We were feeling so overwhelmed with the whole process until we met Tara. She took our fragmented puzzle pieces and made a beautiful image out of them. She handled everything, from contracts and payments to helping us pick better chairs and linens to compliment the environment. She didn't stop at planning; she made sure the entire day went smoothly. Making sure everyone involved knew to contact her directly as apposed to us, if there was ever a problem or incident we never even knew! But what really got me was the secret service ear pieces. The ceremony wasn't just perfectly timed, it was orchestrated with the precision of Ocean's 11. On her ear piece with her entire team, she made sure the right song was played at the right moment, the right people walked down the isle with the right timing, etc. She even made sure we got a moment to sit down together and enjoy the food. I felt like a deer in headlights the entire day but she made sure I put one foot in front of the other and had a great time! Not only do I recommend Perfect Planning, I urge you to hire her if you want your special day to be perfect!

1+ year ago

I hired Tara as my day-of wedding coordinator for my 180-person wedding in Washington DC in May 2014. Tara was a huge help preparing for my wedding and keeping my day on track. She recommended vendors, kept me on schedule, and coordinated with my vendors on wedding day. She was always very responsive to my emails and had a great attitude. She and her assistants were great on wedding day. I definitely recommend her services.

1+ year ago

Tara and Perfect Planning were a godsend!!! I can't rave about her enough. I have a crazy work schedule and she was kind enough to meet me on one of her (few) days off. Not only was she easy to work with, she was able to see and understand my vision for my wedding and made great suggestions with her stylish taste. Also, she knew my budget and never pressed me to go over over and in fact, helped me stay under it. End result: Best. Wedding. Ever.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Where do I even begin? That was my first thought after getting engaged. I received Tara's information from a friend and decided to meet with her. I had a budget and a fiance, but that was it. Literally. No colors, no ideas - nothing. By the end of our first meeting, Tara had mapped out a complete to do list, budget plan and practically the wedding in a spreadsheet. I knew then, like my fiancé, that she was THE ONE. It didn't matter how indecisive i was, how many times I changed my mind, how many times I called, texted or emailed. She was there. Every time. Professional, polite, about her business and all. I was truly amazed. As with most brides, there's a point where you become anxious about seeing the big, complete picture. Tara was able to provide that to me all along the way...and better yet, she provided me with ideas that I didn't even consider or think of because she is an EXPERT. I can TRULY say that my wedding was beyond what I ever imagined it to be and I can TRULY say, it is because of Tara Melvin and her amazing staff, their attention to detail, professionalism and love for their work. When I saw my ceremony and even moreso, my reception, it hit me all at once. She did it! She helped make it all come true. Brides - you won't get another chance to have a moment like that, so make sure you pick the right person to give it to you. It's Perfect Planning. Thank you Tara and your staff for giving me the most amazing memories I could ever have wished for.

anton
10/05/2013

My fiance and I were skeptical about wedding planning but we were recommended Tara by the caterer we worked with. Hiring Tara and her crew was the best decision we made and we regret not doing it earlier! We had Tara provider day of coordination services for us and our event went off without a hitch. It was a joy to work with her, Kendra, and everyone else. All our guests mentioned how well things went and how much they loved the coordinators (Kendra taught everyone the wobble on the dance floor, LOL).

It's clear that they understand what each client wants and how to work with them and the wedding parties (and families). They had every detail down and really put me and my fiance at ease. It's too bad I only plan on getting married this one time, cause I'd use them again in a heartbeat!

1+ year ago

Tara went above and beyond throughout the wedding planning and execution process.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Tara was wonderful from start to finish! She provided great service at price within our budget; more than what I could have ever imagined. I opted for day of coordination, but Tara helped me to keep my planning on task and made sure that I did not forget anything during the planning process. I have and would recommend Tara's services to a friend.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Tara is worth her weight in gold. She and her staff are awesome! Our ceremony was at a monument on the National Mall during peak Cherry Blossom season. Without Tara I would have been a basket-case, but she was so reassuring that everything would go smoothly - and it did!
Also, Tara really rolled with the punches and let us personalize our ceremony the way we wanted. She was very accommodating to everything that I requested. We hired her for "day-of", but the truth is we met with her many times months before the wedding.
It would not have been as stress-free and enjoyable a day had it not been for Tara and her staff.

We highly recommend Tara - she is the best decision we made of all our vendors. We are so pleased with all that she did to make our wedding what we had hoped for.