Peony Floral Designs

Value
4.1
Flexibility
4.1

Peony Floral is now based in San Diego, CA.

Peony Floral is the absolute best. A consummate professional with a stunning eye for design, Nikki absolutely exceeded our expectations in all ways.

We had a (very) modest budget but you would never have been able to tell from the elegant floral design, featuring long stem white hydrangea, cream-colored peonies, and pale blue cape plumbago flowers. She and her team completely transformed our venue, beyond just the flowers, including striking glassware, candles, sweetheart table and alter decor etc.

The personals (bouquets, boots, etc) were also so beautiful and smelled wonderful -- she was able to include several large gardenias (my husband and my favorite flower) in my bouquet -- again even within the constraints of our budget -- which made it so special.

As a bride I most appreciated the care Nikki took for details WITHOUT overwhelming me. As we had a relatively DIY event, the rehearsal/set-up day was _very_ stressful for me but Nikki completely took care of all the floral/decor without peppering me with questions -- she just figured it out, made the decisions and made my life easier not harder! Again the sign of a true professional! I trusted her vision and abilities explicitly from the beginning and she more than delivered!

I give the absolute highest recommendation for Peony Floral!

Services Used: Flowers, Lighting & Decor

Even though my wedding was a while ago, we still look at our wedding photos and truly appreciate what Nicole did for us. All the photos include flowers; bouquets, cake, center pieces... and the arrangements she made for us really bring elegance and class to the photos. I was super picky about what image I wanted to create but was difficult for me to verbalize. Nicole is so intuitive in figuring out her client's vision and just brings it to life. Her taste is impeccable. I continue to recommend her to everyone I come accross who is planning a wedding. Nicole is truly amazing!!!

1.8

Our flowers were the wrong color (compared to the contracted color) and didn't look that great with my dress (which had some color in it). My coordinator (who recommended and hired this vendor) tried to get us some of our money back and the vendor refused. If I were more concerned about flowers at my wedding, this would have been a disaster. Luckily, they were not that important to me, but it was not worth the $1,000 I spent due to the color problem.

Peony Floral Designs responded with the following comments:

I am very sorry that this bride did not feel she received a good value. Unfortuantely, I was never able to speak directly to this bride and had to deal directly with the coordinator only. The bride requested a bouquet of lavender roses with no specific shade ever mentioned. The bride received a very full bouquet of fresh lavender South American roses accented by stephanotis with pearl centers.
There were no grounds for a refund since we delivered a high-quality product fitting all of the criteria given.
This was obviously a case of poor communication and not poor product or service. I am confident that the products delivered were well worth the $1000 spent.
Nicole Lomas

Services Used: Flowers

Nicole of Peony Floral Design was a great florist. I wasn't set on what I wanted, just the colors, and she came up with great flowers and ideas. She was very flexible and willing to work within my budget, yet still provided beautiful arrangements. She also was quick to change something when it wasn't working, and made it even better. I highly recommend this florist, no matter what your budget.