Paula Jacqueline Cakes and Pastries

Paula Jacqueline Cakes and Pastries

7539 E. Indian School Rd Ste 200
Scottsdale, AZ 85251 | map
Desserts: Cookies, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Groom's Cake, Pas...
Additional services: Consultations, On-site Delivery, On-site Setup, Tast...
Dietary options: Gluten Free, Organic, Vegan

Value:
Flexibility:
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was absolutely stunned when I saw my wedding cake during our reception. It was even prettier than I had imagined. PJ did an amazing job and added very beautiful and intricate flowers made out of icing to perfectly match my bouquet. The cake was absolutely amazing, and tasted just as good as it looked! PJ made a gluten free tier for me so I was actually able to have my cake and eat it too, and my Groom and many guests told us how fabulous the pink champagne and the vanilla layers of the cake tasted. PJ did a phenomenal job, and it turned out even more beautiful than I had ever imagined. I would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding cake!

• Wedding: 11/09/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

PJ did a wonderful job with our wedding cake, it was exactly what we discussed with her. The two flavors we picked, were pink champagne and chocolate and they were a huge hit. Our guests were in heaven and said it was some of the best cake they'd ever had. I also had PJ make a grooms cake (vanilla with Bavarian cream and strawberries) with the Denver Broncos logo on it. It was perfect and my husband loved it. If you want a cake that tastes fantastic with the sweetest butter cream frosting, definitely give PJ a call. I can't wait to taste it again on our 1 year anniversary. Thanks again!

• Wedding: 04/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

From the first time we met PJ, the owner, we felt comfortable. We'd done other cake tasting and were very overwhelmed with the choices and underwhelmed with quality. We loved every flavor she served us and ended up choosing three of the four flavors she initially had us taste. I didn't have a specific idea of design, but I found something beautiful I could use fresh flowers with. It turned out beautiful! Everyone at the wedding (including our coordinator at the venue) told me it was the best wedding cake they'd tasted and our venue is going to contact her to be on their preferred list. I would definitely recommend her to anyone!

• Wedding: Recently Married
0.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 2.5
  • Responsiveness: 0.5
  • Professionalism: 0.5
  • Value: 0.5
  • Flexibility: 0.5

Our venue required us to use this bakery. PJ is one of the most disorganized people I've ever worked with. She is next to impossible to get a hold of, doesn't answer questions, and got our cake wrong. In the end it tasted ok and our guests weren't aware there was a problem, but in the baking world how do you mix up chocolate and vanilla?!?

2.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.5
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 2.5
  • Value: 1.5
  • Flexibility: 3.0

I provided a photo to this vendor of what I wanted my cake to look like. We ordered vanilla and chocolate inside with alternating layers inside each level of the cake. The cake was not the correct sizes at each layer the day of our wedding which meant that there was no room to put the flowers I had requested which was very disappointing. We ordered regular and gluten free cake from this vendor in the designated layers which was suppose to be constructed on site. The cake was already put together when it arrived and when the cake was cut and we tasted it, the gluten free vanilla was like dried up old nasty cornbread that had been left out on someones counter for a week and then they put it in my cake and frosted it:(! It was absolutely disgusting, not too mention embarrassing because I actually had people commenting on how bad it was! When I called PJ after the fact to discuss this with her she was apologetic and said she didn't know what happened to the cakes, but was willing to remake the top two layers to compensate for this issue. We did pick these up and when we tasted it to see if it was any better, the vanilla gluten free was much better but still not great and the chocolate was more like the vanilla was originally, dry dense and stale tasting. This is not a vendor I would ever consider using again.

• Flexibility: 5.0

It was perfect. Our guests went crazy over how good it tasted!! And beautiful. Our flavors were pink champagne and vanilla.

• Wedding: 10/12/2013
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were married July 6, 2013 and our cake was made by La Dolce Pesca. My husband is a cake and cupcake fanatic and I’m very picky about my buttercream, so it goes without saying that we were hard to please when it came to a wedding cake. We tasted so many cakes at other places and nothing was as delicious as the cake and frosting from La Dolce Pesca. We were lucky enough to order our cake from La Dolce Pesca and PJ, the owner, met with us to taste cake and discuss flavors and appearance. Our wedding cake was delicious and it looked just as beautiful as we had imagined. L a Dolce Pesca made our cake dreams come true! We highly recommend La Dolce Pesca for all of your cake desires!

• Wedding: 07/06/2013
Tiffany
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

PJ was wonderful when we had to change our cake vendor at the last minute. She went over exactly what we wanted and told us she could do it with no issues. Her cake tastes AMAZING!! We did red velvet with cream cheese and pink champagne with lemon. When she showed up the day of and we say the cake it was exactly what we imagined. There is literally nothing that we would have changed and we could not be happier! :)

• Flexibility: 5.0

Seriously, a cake could not be better tasting and more astonishingly beautiful than the cake that La Dolce Pesca created for my wedding. PJ (owner) captured every detail so perfectly- It was more beautiful than I could have imagined and brought tears to my eyes when I saw it !! PJ also made custom cactus decorated sugar cookies for my out of town guests which were so perfect and absolutely delicious! I would definately recommend La Dolce Pesca and plan to find every excuse to continue to work with PJ for every occasion in the future!!

• Wedding: 05/18/2013
3.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 3.0
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

We used this vendor as they were provided through the hotel. Although the flavors and cake were delicious, I was disappointed in the colors that arrived. They were NOT what we had discussed. We had asked for peaches, pinks, white, mint. We knew that the chocolate would be brown obviously and were okay with that but the other colors were supposed to be springtime colors. I was very disappointed to see lots of dark brown and bright orange cupcakes. They were definitely fall colors and did not fit in with our color scheme at all. I wish they would have reached out to us a final time before making that decision.

• Wedding: 04/19/2013
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

PJ does an awesome job with her cakes and the best part is they taste AWESOME!

One thing is she doesn't respond to emails quickly but the patience is worth it because the cake is awesome and her designs are great.

Everyone at my wedding raved about the cake and wanted more. Now that speaks volumes.

• Wedding: 04/12/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

PJ from La Dolce Pesca provided our wedding cake and did such an amazing job bringing my vision to life! Everyone loved the cake at the wedding they went in for seconds! Highly recommend her.

• Wedding: 03/02/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We loved our wedding cake! It turned out beautiful and tasted even better! PJ was fantastic to work with... we had a great time at our tasting and she really listened to all of our requests. All of our guests are still complimenting us on how good the cake was!

• Wedding: 12/01/2012
Lynsey
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

PJ did a fabulous job with the wedding cake. The pink champagne and red velvet cake were the best I've tasted.

• Wedding: 11/04/2012
Cindy
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

"This cake is better than S#$!" Said one guest... "This cake is like a party in my mouth!" Said another... and "I have never had wedding cake I've really liked, much less wanting a second piece!" Said one male guest.... and the rave reviews went on and on... From the moment the cake was served, the surprised reactions and comments were most exciting to watch! This wedding cake was by far, leaps and bounds above, hands-down the absolute best wedding cake I've ever tasted... and I've been to a lot of weddings!
After my daughter and I tasted several other cakes in our cake tasting process, La Dolce Pesca's tasting was our last and we were hoping for something better than the previous 'famed' wedding cake bakers' cakes we tasted... and with our first taste we knew we found our wedding cake baker... PJ, owner of La Dolce Pesca, had us with our first taste! My daughter and I just looked at each other, savoring that first bite of her white chocolate mousse frosting in between the layers of the moistest pink champagne cake... and we knew this was our cake! None of the others even came close... so trust me when I second what all the wedding guests were saying, this is absolutely the best wedding cake you will ever have!
Lisa Lauchner, Mother of the Bride

• Wedding: 04/27/2012
4.5/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

PJ was very receptive to my cupcake idea. We wanted a non traditional "Cake". We had a top tier cake and the rest were different flavors of cupcakes! They were delicious!

• Wedding: 04/21/2012
602-432-0444
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
4.2