Paula Jacqueline Cakes and Pastries

4.2
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

The cake looked stunning and was so delicious. I am not a cake person but this rocked.
Everyone loved it.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

PJ is fabulous - her cakes are delicious, moist, the icing is perfect and her designs are wonderful! We had a great time at the cake tasting and gave her an idea of how we wanted the cake decorated. She took our vision and made the cake a reality!!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

PJ (La Dulce Pesca) was spectacular and the cake was truly rave-worthy. We continued to hear compliments about the cake for weeks after the reception, and it was truly worthwhile. PJ was able to provide our exact vision of the cake with only one consultation visit. We went with the Strawberry Champagne with fresh strawberries, and Vanilla cake with cannoli filling for my wife's very Italian family. Both flavors were absolutely incredible. I would highly recommend Paula Jacqueline for your cake, it was moist and flavorful, and will definitely be as much of a hit for you as it was for us.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I was absolutely stunned when I saw my wedding cake during our reception. It was even prettier than I had imagined. PJ did an amazing job and added very beautiful and intricate flowers made out of icing to perfectly match my bouquet. The cake was absolutely amazing, and tasted just as good as it looked! PJ made a gluten free tier for me so I was actually able to have my cake and eat it too, and my Groom and many guests told us how fabulous the pink champagne and the vanilla layers of the cake tasted. PJ did a phenomenal job, and it turned out even more beautiful than I had ever imagined. I would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding cake!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

PJ did a wonderful job with our wedding cake, it was exactly what we discussed with her. The two flavors we picked, were pink champagne and chocolate and they were a huge hit. Our guests were in heaven and said it was some of the best cake they'd ever had. I also had PJ make a grooms cake (vanilla with Bavarian cream and strawberries) with the Denver Broncos logo on it. It was perfect and my husband loved it. If you want a cake that tastes fantastic with the sweetest butter cream frosting, definitely give PJ a call. I can't wait to taste it again on our 1 year anniversary. Thanks again!

1+ year ago

From the first time we met PJ, the owner, we felt comfortable. We'd done other cake tasting and were very overwhelmed with the choices and underwhelmed with quality. We loved every flavor she served us and ended up choosing three of the four flavors she initially had us taste. I didn't have a specific idea of design, but I found something beautiful I could use fresh flowers with. It turned out beautiful! Everyone at the wedding (including our coordinator at the venue) told me it was the best wedding cake they'd tasted and our venue is going to contact her to be on their preferred list. I would definitely recommend her to anyone!

0.9

Our venue required us to use this bakery. PJ is one of the most disorganized people I've ever worked with. She is next to impossible to get a hold of, doesn't answer questions, and got our cake wrong. In the end it tasted ok and our guests weren't aware there was a problem, but in the baking world how do you mix up chocolate and vanilla?!?

2.1

I provided a photo to this vendor of what I wanted my cake to look like. We ordered vanilla and chocolate inside with alternating layers inside each level of the cake. The cake was not the correct sizes at each layer the day of our wedding which meant that there was no room to put the flowers I had requested which was very disappointing. We ordered regular and gluten free cake from this vendor in the designated layers which was suppose to be constructed on site. The cake was already put together when it arrived and when the cake was cut and we tasted it, the gluten free vanilla was like dried up old nasty cornbread that had been left out on someones counter for a week and then they put it in my cake and frosted it:(! It was absolutely disgusting, not too mention embarrassing because I actually had people commenting on how bad it was! When I called PJ after the fact to discuss this with her she was apologetic and said she didn't know what happened to the cakes, but was willing to remake the top two layers to compensate for this issue. We did pick these up and when we tasted it to see if it was any better, the vanilla gluten free was much better but still not great and the chocolate was more like the vanilla was originally, dry dense and stale tasting. This is not a vendor I would ever consider using again.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

It was perfect. Our guests went crazy over how good it tasted!! And beautiful. Our flavors were pink champagne and vanilla.

Tiffany
07/06/2013
4.7

We were married July 6, 2013 and our cake was made by La Dolce Pesca. My husband is a cake and cupcake fanatic and I’m very picky about my buttercream, so it goes without saying that we were hard to please when it came to a wedding cake. We tasted so many cakes at other places and nothing was as delicious as the cake and frosting from La Dolce Pesca. We were lucky enough to order our cake from La Dolce Pesca and PJ, the owner, met with us to taste cake and discuss flavors and appearance. Our wedding cake was delicious and it looked just as beautiful as we had imagined. L a Dolce Pesca made our cake dreams come true! We highly recommend La Dolce Pesca for all of your cake desires!

2+ years ago

PJ was wonderful when we had to change our cake vendor at the last minute. She went over exactly what we wanted and told us she could do it with no issues. Her cake tastes AMAZING!! We did red velvet with cream cheese and pink champagne with lemon. When she showed up the day of and we say the cake it was exactly what we imagined. There is literally nothing that we would have changed and we could not be happier! :)

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Seriously, a cake could not be better tasting and more astonishingly beautiful than the cake that La Dolce Pesca created for my wedding. PJ (owner) captured every detail so perfectly- It was more beautiful than I could have imagined and brought tears to my eyes when I saw it !! PJ also made custom cactus decorated sugar cookies for my out of town guests which were so perfect and absolutely delicious! I would definately recommend La Dolce Pesca and plan to find every excuse to continue to work with PJ for every occasion in the future!!

3.0

We used this vendor as they were provided through the hotel. Although the flavors and cake were delicious, I was disappointed in the colors that arrived. They were NOT what we had discussed. We had asked for peaches, pinks, white, mint. We knew that the chocolate would be brown obviously and were okay with that but the other colors were supposed to be springtime colors. I was very disappointed to see lots of dark brown and bright orange cupcakes. They were definitely fall colors and did not fit in with our color scheme at all. I wish they would have reached out to us a final time before making that decision.

4.7

PJ does an awesome job with her cakes and the best part is they taste AWESOME!

One thing is she doesn't respond to emails quickly but the patience is worth it because the cake is awesome and her designs are great.

Everyone at my wedding raved about the cake and wanted more. Now that speaks volumes.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

PJ from La Dolce Pesca provided our wedding cake and did such an amazing job bringing my vision to life! Everyone loved the cake at the wedding they went in for seconds! Highly recommend her.

Lynsey
12/01/2012

We loved our wedding cake! It turned out beautiful and tasted even better! PJ was fantastic to work with... we had a great time at our tasting and she really listened to all of our requests. All of our guests are still complimenting us on how good the cake was!