Patti Cakes, Inc.

Patti Cakes, Inc.

Custom Cakes for any Occasion

Moyock, NC 27958 | map
Desserts: Cupcakes, Groom's Cake
Additional services: Consultations, On-site Delivery, On-site Setup, Pick...
Dietary options: Vegan
Health license: Yes

Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Patti Cakes was so flexible and fun to work with! My mother-in-law and I scheduled a tasting and she made a weekend appointment which was so helpful and not always available in the "wedding world"! The tasting was so delicious and made it very hard to pick our flavors. She made a stunning Snap-On tool box for my mechanic groom. It was so beautiful and we didn't want to slice it up. We had the red velvet cake which was excellent. It was also cool to slice into a red tool box and have the red cake inside. We booked a little late but she was still able to fit us in, and we picked up the cake. She made it easy to transport and everything arrived perfect.

• Wedding: 10/18/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

When my husband and I went down to meet Emily for our tasting, I knew we would be using her before we even tasted the cake. She walked out and greeted us with hugs! Fortunately when we got inside, the product was just as fantastic as her. I had no idea what kind of cake I wanted so I just threw out some ideas and Emily ran with it. The outcome was beautiful!! We also had a grooms cake for my husbands alma mater that looked incredible. Most importantly, the cake is DELICIOUS!! Emily is the best there is in this area and even if you're in the Tidewater area of VA, she's worth the drive!

• Wedding: 09/27/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Emily's cake was amazing!! I had my wedding in Sandbridge (Virginia Beach) and live in northern Virginia. I communicated via email along with sending photos. She made my cake EXACTLY how I wanted it! Her cakes are delicious, my guests raved about it!

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

TALENTED!!!! Cake is awesome, fondant that you can actually eat!!!

• Wedding: 07/26/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Absolutely the easiest decision for us. She was beyond sweet to us, and her cakes are as delicious as they are beautiful. She has such a real talent.

• Wedding: 07/26/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I LOVED working with Emily of Patti Cakes -- she is the best! I am a wedding planner out of Baltimore and I came in with a TON of ideas. Emily worked with me to come up with what I wanted -- even though I really didn't know what that was. She was open to my ideas and so creative herself in helping my vision for the cake come to life. The week before the wedding, I had a crazy idea to add sugar figurines of our dogs to the back of the cake. Although it was so last minute, Emily made it happen and it was one of the biggest hits of the wedding --- so hilarious and adorable! Not only are her cakes amazing looking, but they taste great too. We loved all of the unique flavors and ended up going with banana chocolate chip for our wedding cake flavor. We also got a huge assortment of cake pops from her and our guests are still RAVING about them ---- they were just SO good. Thank you again for everything Emily! I wish we lived closer so we could work together all of the time.

• Wedding: 06/07/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Emily Patti was our cake vendor for our May 31, 2014 wedding at the Chrysler Museum. Emily is SO sweet, patient, and flexible. You will absolutely love working with her. I had an idea of what I wanted, but she delivered an even more beautiful cake than I could have ever imagined. She is truly an artist.

• Wedding: 05/31/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Patti Cakes, Inc did an outstanding job on the wedding cake and the groom's cake. She did such a wonderful job on the details and the cake flavors were outstanding. Thank you so much for meeting my daughters vision on her cake. It was very elegant. We would highly recommend you to friends and family. A special thanks for making her day so perfect.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Emily from Patti Cakes designed the cake of our dreams for our beach-themed wedding! It was absolutely beautiful, affordable, and perfectly moist and delicious! Emily is so great to work with- if you have an idea in your head, she will make it happen!!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Patti Cakes was a must have from the second we sat down for our tasting in Moyock. Emily was extremely friendly and inviting, not to mention that the cake was absolutely delicious. She quickly caught on to the vision we had in mind and the final product at the wedding was nothing short of perfect! Emily was very prompt in getting back to emails...and really worked with us sending multiple ideas (I really needed direction for the grooms cake).

We also had our groom's cake done by Emily. I wanted it to be a perfect Redskins helmet as a surprise to my then fiancé. He was extremely picky when looking at pictures of other cakes by other vendors online. When I surprised him with the one from Patti Cakes, he was overwhelmed with happiness :) He LOVED it.

Thanks Emily for making such a beautiful focal point for both our rehearsal dinner and wedding! We can't wait to enjoy the cake again on our one year anniversary! You came highly recommended and did not disappoint! We will be recommending you to everyone we know :) Thanks so much!

• Wedding: 05/10/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding cake turned out to be wonderful! I only got to eat the piece that was shoved in my face by my husband but it was delicious! It looked amazing too. We had a beach themed wedding, so our cake had starfish and seashells cascading down the cake, the pop of blue color matched perfectly. My husband also loves the movie Back to the Future, so instead of doing a whole Grooms cake, Debbie made a little delorean car that was crashing into the side of the cake. She even went as far as making the license plate from the movie and had flames coming out the back of the car! He was so impressed! People are still talking about it, it looked amazing! Great job and thank you so much!

• Wedding: 04/12/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

When we tasted Emily Patti's cakes we were blown away! Her cake is so moist and dense and flavorful. Then we started talking about design and she was really interested in hearing what we wanted and making it come to life. She seemed just as excited about the cake design as I was - she spent a lot of time with back & forth emails until we had envisioned the perfect cake ... then, she created it! It was truly a work of art and fit in with our elegant theme wonderfully. And, of course, it tasted amazing! My groom was sad he only got one piece! We saved our top layer (banana chocolate chip), but I'm not sure we'll be able to wait until our one year anniversary to eat it ;) Emily Patti is such a talented baker and cake designer ... we will definitely be ordering more cakes from her in the future and HIGHLY recommend her for your wedding cake!

• Wedding: 02/08/2014
Lyndy
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Emily was the best to work with!!! She is so awesome and her cakes are the best!

• Wedding: 10/13/2013
Maggie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

There is no Wedding Cake that can compare to Patti Cakes! It was not only a work of art at my daughter's wedding, but was the best cake ever!! Our guests were raving and leaving with extra...Can't decide which flavor we liked best--the Banana Chocolate Chip or Carrot Cake! Yum!

• Wedding: 09/21/2013
Sheila
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If you're getting married in the Outer Banks, it is definitely worth your time to contact Emily. It's a bit of a drive, so she is not always able to do it--especially in the hot summer months, but if there's a chance you can get her, jump on it!

She made a beautiful traditional wedding cake (we chose layers of carrot, yellow w/ chocolate, and a top tier of lemon w/ raspberry) that our guests raved about. But then she blew everyone away with a treasure-chest shaped groom's cake that was so realistic that we had to tell people it was a cake. On her own suggestion, she filled the chest with sugar creations that were special to us (a collar with out dog's name, a red wings' octopus, a "leather" bound book, etc.). And you know what? It tasted every bit as good as it looked--and I have tasted plenty of cakes of the years.

We specifically asked for *lots* of extra cake and Emily delivered. When we found our eyes to be bigger than our stomachs, guests were lined up to take a piece home. Seriously, a cake has to be darned good for guests to make room in their carry-ons.

And Emily herself, I can't say enough great things about her. She's so bubbly and excitable.

One thing to be aware of: if you are lucky enough to go for a tasting, be mindful that the cake you are sampling is not anywhere near as amazing as the final product will be. We sampled and thought the cake was "good" but it was her enthusiasm that sold us. The cake she delivered on our wedding day blew those samples out of the water.

• Wedding: 09/13/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My cake was one of my most favorite parts of my wedding. First off, my whole experience with Patti has been awesome. I have a big family full of cake fanatics and she was more than welcome to have them all come to the cake tasting and be part of the experience. Beyond this, she truly created the cake of my dreams. It was SOOO beautiful I wish I could frame a huge picture in my house. People raved about how it looked and tasted...even non cake people. I remember when I first spotted it I was talking to guests and literally gasped and screamed "my cake oh my gosh it's perfect," It truly was better than I had ever imagined. My only complaint is I wish I had more than a couple bites :) I told her I was going to eat my top layer for my one month and order a one layer cake that looks like my wedding cake every year on our anniversary. Seriously while it may be pricy it was perfect and was so beautiful it was a perfect feature decor piece. Thank you so much Patti. I can't wait to order my next cake and will continue to recommend her to everyone!!

• Wedding: 09/13/2013
252-435-2726
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards