Pastry Pixies

Flexibility:
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I cannot express how amazing my cake was. I had an odd theme .steampunk, victorian. I gave Diana very little if no direction except theme and she created something I never would have imagined. I was in love!!!! I also was a budget bride and her price literally made me speechless and when I saw the cake, I was sure she sent me the wrong cake for the price. It was too amazing and beautiful and tasted amazing for the price I paid. Thank you, I cannot express my gratitude enough. I will tell everyone I know to buy from you.

• Wedding: 09/17/2011
5.0/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I wanted a different wedding cake. We asked for something rustic, different, yet affordable. Malakin's thinks outside the box and did very creative work for us. The taste was awesome and they worked with us to get us the cake we wanted at the price we could afford. Everyone loved the different cake they made.

Pastry Pixies responded with the following comments:

A happy couple is a happy cake decorator! Thank you so much for choosing us.

• Wedding: 07/15/2008
5.0/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wedding cake turned out beautifully! I had no idea what I wanted except plain and simple, but the creative genious that Diane is came up with this elegant, timeless, yet modern design. We had our reception around St. Patty's Day and I am half Irish, the green fit perfectly without being overwhelming. Diane also took it upon herself to scavenge for a cake topper (with only a week to go) and miraculously found a beautiful antique claddaugh. The taste was phenominal!!! We had a variety of people at our reception. It was the first time our family's had met, the cake offered something for all, including a great Amaretto layer for me!!! We simply could not ask for more, every detail was perfect and people are still talking about our beautiful cake! Highly recommended!!!!

Pastry Pixies responded with the following comments:

Thank you for having so much faith in us since at the time we had just started wedding cakes! If it wasn't for happy customers willing to give us a chance since our name isn't well known, then we wouldn't be able to be where we are and making cakes for our wonderful couples. We are so glad you loved the cake, and thank you again for allowing us to create your cake.

• Wedding: 02/21/2008
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was very lucky to have found Malakin's through friends and coworkers for our wedding last year as it was just a budding business. We had to keep our budget for our small yet pretty wedding in mind at all times and Diane (owner) was very helpful and open-minded in her suggestions. We finally decided on a cake that was simple and modern in design with very clean lines and to have it topped with edible leaves. When the wedding got closer, I was worried (like most brides are) since it sounded so simple on paper that it wouldn't impress my guests. But when it was delivered we were thrilled and our guests kept gathering around it in awe. Oh, and I can't even begin to explain how delicious it was!
I must also mention the catering that she provided for us. We did have a small wedding of only 40 guests, but the food and cake pleased every single one of them! I still can't believe how she pulled everything together for us in such a lovely way!
I currently have a very unique baby shower cake ordered for the fourth of July and I have all faith and confidence that it will be stunning. I am so anxious to see just how great it will be and I must admit that I love it when my guests ask "Who in the world did you get to do such a beautiful cake?!". I highly recommend Diane and Malakin's!

Pastry Pixies responded with the following comments:

A tight budget certainly does not mean that a bride and groom should have an unimpressive or tasteless cake! I am glad we were able to make a lovely fall wedding cake that both of you and your guests loved. Thanks again for choosing Malakin's!

• Wedding: 10/01/2007