Pastries by Randolph

Pastries by Randolph

4500 Lee Highway
Arlington, VA 22207 | map
Desserts: Cookies, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Groom's Cake, Pas...
Additional services: Consultations, On-site Delivery, On-site Setup, Pick...
Health license: Yes

Quality of Service:
(5.0 / 5.0)
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 4.0

I ordered an assortment of mini pastries from Pastries by Randolph for my daughter's wedding. The pastries were delicious (our favorites were chocolate obsession and key lime pie); they were a pleasant change from wedding cake or cup cakes and we got numerous compliments from our guests.

The flexibility rating is a 4 vs. 5, because there was a minimum order of 200 pastries, more than we needed for our smallish wedding (80 guests).

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our guests absolutely loved our cake! I worked directly with Lito and Deborah. They were extremely helpful throughout the process. I was able to contact them through phone and emails. We were also able to get a custom design for our cake! It turned out even better than my hubby and I had imagined it would be.

Pastries by Randolph, in general, is one of our favorite bakeries. We would also recommend them for any kind of cake, in general ;)
Yum!

pricing will vary, of course, depending on your design, # of tiers, flavors....etc.

• Wedding: 05/03/2014
Gabbie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Outstanding service and cake. Everyone raved about how great the cake looked and tasted. Perfect!

• Wedding: 11/02/2013
Tony
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We ordered their wedding cake #510 (Marble Mousse Cake) ... and all I can tell you is that I've never tasted a better cake at any wedding, anywhere. Our guests even wrote about how heavenly it was in the guest book. We order it each year on our anniversary and are so happy the bakery has been around for all 13 of our anniversaries! (Married in 2000 ... the dates on this site didn't go back that far)

• Wedding: 10/22/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wonderful, wonderful bakery! NEVER disappointed by anything they have made! Wonderful staff, always on point with their orders, always aims to please and extremely professional!

• Wedding: 10/13/2013
Stacy
4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

We selected Pastries by Randolph for our wedding cake after seeing their delicious white chocolate mousse cake at Dean and Deluca in Georgetown. It was very easy to set up a cake tasting with them, and the manager that assisted us with our order was very nice. The cake was delicious and looked amazing, but our only issue was that there was not supposed to be ribbon decoration on the top layer as we had told them we would be putting a flower topper on top of the cake. Not a huge deal as our venue was able to still gently place the flowers somewhat over the top.

• Wedding: 09/07/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Two of my cousins got their wedding cakes from here and so did I..it's kind of a family tradition now! Their cake tasting appt is super easy. You just call in to say when you want to come in, what flavors you want and they have a box waiting for you. You can eat it there or take it home with you. They give you really generous portions to taste at no cost. My wedding cake turned out beautifully and my guests absolutely loved it!! Their prices are competitive and we were able to save a lot of money by using a sheet cake for the rest of the servings.

• Wedding: 07/20/2013
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had a wonderful experience working with the staff at Pastries by Randolph while we were in the process of selecting our wedding cake. We had visited a few of the other popular bakeries in the area, but Pastries by Randolph was by far the best. Although my husband and I are big on dessert, we do not normally go for cake, usually favoring other options (i.e. crème brûlée). While on the hunt for our wedding cake, we were somewhat disappointed by the dry consistencies and boring flavors we experienced elsewhere. However, we were pleasantly surprised by the options available at Pastries by Randolph. All of the cakes we tried were moist and the flavors were far more creative than the norm. When my mother wanted to try more options, apart for the three we requested for our appointment, the staff went out of their way to bring us other types of cake, frosting, and syrup combinations. We ended up choosing a different flavor for each tier of our cake. My favorite being the chocolate hazelnut and my husband’s, the chocolate truffle with Grand Marnier syrup.

We highly recommend Pastries by Randolph for their wedding cakes, or just for a nice treat (the dessert selection is vast and so beautifully prepared, each pastry looks like a work of art).

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Not only was the cake gorgeous, but it was decadently delicious!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

They were on time and the cake was beautiful. I selected a marble mousse cake and my guests could not have been happier. Many of my guests admitted to me that they ate multiple pieces of cake, I'm so glad they enjoyed it as much as we did.

• Wedding: 10/06/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My fiance and I ordered our wedding cake from Pastries by Randolph and couldn't have been happier. At the cake tasting, we were given huge portions of each flavor such that we took some of it home to have family members try out before making a final decision (which was tough- all the flavors we tasted were delicious!). In addition, there was a very helpful binder that showed all of the different cake designs divided by price range, which made it easy to find something that worked with our budget. We ended up choosing a smaller, three-layer cake and getting additional sheet cakes to cut down on costs, which they were happy to do. After placing our order, the folks at Pastries by Randolph were great about communicating with our venue, confirming with us when we called to check in, etc. On the big day, Pastries by Randolph delivered the cake exactly as promised- it looked beautiful, tasted great, and was exactly what we wanted. :)

• Wedding: 09/15/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Pastries by Randolph was great to work with. We got a yummy chocolate cake with raspberry filling for our wedding. Guests loved it, and it looked beautiful. The bakery was happy to accommodate our preference for a small cake for cutting and larger sheet cakes to feed guests. (We were turned off by another bakery that really looked down at our preference to do this in order to save some money.) Pastries by Randolph had a wide range of styles to choose from and seemed willing to accommodate any preferences when possible. They had something for everyone from very simple to more ornate custom creations. The delivery person was right on time the day of the wedding, and she was able to add the cake topper I gave her the day of the wedding without a problem. I would recommend them to any bride without hesitation.

• Wedding: 08/26/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were extremely happy with our wedding cake vendor. Not only was it beautiful, it was moist and flavorful. People are still talking about how delicious it was. We picked a buttercream frosting and used a raspberry buttercream and lemon curd filling on one layer with chocolate buttercream on another. The scrolling design and buttercream flowers were beautiful and professionally done. The staff was very responsive to some changes that we made. They delivered the cake on time and in great condition in spite of the massive storm and power outages the night before.

• Wedding: 06/30/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Delicious! They had a bunch of different flavors to choose from. I am not a huge fondant fan so we went with buttercream. Our bottom layer was yellow cake with vanilla syrup and toasted almond buttercream. Our top layer with chocolate cake with amaretto syrup and white chocolate buttercream. Loved it. We shall see how the top layer saves for the one year. If not, I'll go back to the store to get a small cake! Love that bakery!!

• Wedding: 05/12/2012
4.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I always knew that I would want Randolph's chocolate mouse cake as a wedding cake -- it is simply the best cake in the Washington DC metro area -- delicious. We ended up with a marble (brown chocolate and white chocolate mouse inside) and white chocolate outside. The only downside is that because of the type of cake it was I was limited in the outside pattern but believe that we came very close to having an incredible tasting cake that also was lovely on the outside. However, I wish that they would come up with more alternatives for the outside of the cake. Everyone raved about it saying it was the best wedding cake they had ever tasted, and it was ...

• Wedding: 05/04/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My cake was exactly as I had requested and tasted even better than I recall the samples tasting. The cake was delivered on time and in perfect condition even though my wedding was in Rockville, Maryland. I have already recommended them to others and I continue to frequent this vendor for other sweet treats.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
703-243-0070
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards