Partytime DJ's

Partytime DJ's

Favorite
Columbia, SC
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

TJ McKay was a fantastic DJ for our wedding. He kept all of our guests laughing, entertained, and dancing. You worry that there might be some lagging with a DJ or that it won't be as fun or interactive as having a band, but he was honestly the life of the party. Our wedding was three months ago and some of my co-workers are still talking about him!

Private User
Recently Married

I went through Partytime DJs and had Mike Lockaby as my DJ Mike was AWESOME! He tailored the music to my crowd and got everyone up and dancing! He also would get out on the dance floor and teach line dances, which of course got more people involved! The music and dancing added to my perfect day!

Services Used: DJ

The DJ we reserved through PartyTime was Jason (Jay). He did such a fantastic job. Our wedding reception was full of 20-somethings and a hand full of older relatives and family friends and EVERYONE was dancing. Each time I or my groom left the dance room to grab a snack or drink and spent some time talking to people and peeked back in on the other room, it was still full of people having a good time. The music was great and Jay did a fantastic job at reading the crowd to keep everyone going. Only problem we had was during our ceremony--we had 2 officiants and they were both mic-ed, however we were later told our guests could only hear one of the officiants. A bummer, but not a huge problem in the grand scheme of things. Overall we had a great experience!

Partytime DJ's responded with the following comments:

Hi Katrina, I'm sorry one of the lapel mics was not being heard. I'll ask Jason about this. Sometimes the Officiant forgets to turn it on and there's nothing we can do about it once the Ceremony is taking place.

Services Used: DJ

I couldn't have asked for a better DJ & DJ service than Mike Lockaby with Partytime DJ's! He helped me with just about everything I can imagine. He had tons of advice & input when it came to picking songs for different occasions. He went above & beyond my expectations & therefore my wedding & reception was absolutely PERFECT! Wouldn't recommend anyone else except Partytime DJ's!
You won't regret it!

Services Used: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)

We selected Dave for our wedding DJ and he was incredible! Not only did he bring all his dj equipment, he supplied us with 30 wireless lights for up lighting around the venue, all of which he set up on his own. His set up also included a projector and flashes for live pictures throughout the night. It's obvious Dave is a master of his business. He kept the party going all night and did not hesitate to join us on the dance floor. Not only did he exceed our expectations as a DJ, we were later informed that he stayed and helped the family clean before leaving. Dave made our perfect night that much better and we could not be more thankful for him. We highly recommend Dave and Partytime DJs!

Private User
1+ year ago

Jay Book did An amazing job DJing our wedding! Not only did he step in last minute do to other issues but he was such a great help that day! We ran way ahead of schedule so he bumped everything up for us and kept the wedding/party going. He got everyone on the dance floor with his choice of music and had no problems with the requests I had. I honestly don't think our reception would of gone as smooth as it did without Jay! I highly recommend Jay & Party Time.

Lynette
04/13/2013

We hired Ronny Lane from Partytime DJ's for my daughter's wedding on 04/13/13. He ran the sound and music for the ceremony as well as the reception. He was AWESOME!! The sound quality was outstanding. He was very professional, fun, and upbeat. The dance floor wasn't empty at all the whole night, which is highly unusual for a wedding reception with no alcohol! But he made it so fun, no one wanted to stop dancing. The game he had the happy couple play during the reception was so fun for both the couple and the guests watching. He came highly recommended by our photographer, who we also loved. We are so glad he recommended Ronny! He made the reception absolutely perfect!

4.7

Tony with Party Time DJs was amazing! He truly kept the party going, played all the right music and made everyone (especially myself and my husband!) enjoy the night! They also provided the photobooth which everyone enjoyed. They posted all the pictures online for all the guests to enjoy.

Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths
Lauren
08/18/2012

I was with so impressed and happy with the service Partime DJ's provided. TJ was the DJ for our ceremony and reception and he was PERFECT. The ceremony music
was wonderful and on time without any hiccups. The reception was amazing, TJ really listened to what I wanted about keeping the music more mellow first off while saying hi to everyone and while the grandparents were still around. Then he cranked it up with a line dance to get everyone on the floor, and no one left the dance floor all night long!!! He allowed people to make requests and learned some of my guests names and especially my sisters name and called her out on the dance floor a couple of times (she might have been the hit of
the wedding with her dance moves!). He worked with my Dad to surprise me with a dad/daughter dance and he even started my husband and my song over when we got on the dance floor a little late. All our guests said that this was the best wedding they've been too, and some even specified and said from a dancing stand point this was the best dance party they've had since they can remember. TJ really made our special day even more wonderful!

Services Used: DJ

Dave was our DJ. He did a great job getting our stubborn guests on the dance floor. We even had the moms out there! It was awesome. Everyone really had a great time. I'm glad we chose to go with a professional DJ versus just an iPod. We probably would not have had ANY dancing then! I'm so grateful that he was there. ps: Dave, you need new photos! You need to showcase your new look!!! :)

Partytime DJ's responded with the following comments:

haha...thanks Katie! You're right. And thanks for the comments. I still laugh about the Facebook Update on the Dancefloor. You might be starting a new tradition!!!!

Services Used: DJ

Originally my budget conscious husband and i were going to create a playlist for the reception and just rent a sound system in order to save some money. But at the urgings of my planner, we decided to look into hiring a dj. Partytime DJs and Rob Elwood were fantastic. They played the music for our ceremony as well as our reception. We played nontraditional music for the ceremony and took several suggestions from Dave Gilbert, our main contact with Partytime. We have gotten SOO many compliments on our ceremony music, its unbelievable. People LOVED that they could relate to the music and knew the words to the songs. And we even saw Rob running around with a camera to snag a couple great shots! Teamwork is the name of the game with these guys. Then the reception started. Rob created so much energy and kept everyone entertained with fun dances and games all night long. He is truly talented!! Partytime offers a package that includes a slideshow to be shown throughout the reception that incudes pictures of the bride and groom throughout their relationship but also throughout the night they upload pictures taken from the ceremony/reception! Guests LOVED that they were able to see the pictures immediately. Some people were even able to appreciate moments that they'd missed throughout the night. I can honestly say hiring Partytime DJs was money very VERY well spent. Their rates are AMAZING and the quality of entertainment you get is second to absolutely none.

Services Used: DJ

Rob Elwood was awesome! I couldn't have asked for a better dj- we had so much fun!

Services Used: DJ

Partytime DJ's is awesome and I would recommend them to anyone needing a great DJ. Mike Lockaby was the DJ for our wedding reception a few weeks ago. He is super nice and friendly, and very easy to get along with. We met with him the week of the wedding and went over song choices and how I wanted the evening to run. He had great suggestions for me when I didn't have a song choice picked out (ex-bridal party/bride and groom entrance, bouquet/garter toss, etc.). In some cases he even pulled a song up on his iPad so we could hear the song he was referring to for a suggestion. At the reception, Mike was full of fun and energy and really kept the party going. I had several comments afterward from guests about how great the DJ was! He really encouraged everyone to dance and there were people out on the dance floor that I would have never believed would get out and dance! Also, we did not have any kind of wedding planner or coordinator for the reception and Mike was great at running the reception and signaling me when it was about time to do the next thing (cake cutting, bouquet toss, etc...) Overall a great experience!! Thank you for making a wedding reception awesome!

xfiftyfour
08/06/2010
4.7

Dave made the party hop! Everyone had a blast - exactly what we wanted! We gave him few directions (the only songs we dictated were our first dance and the mother/son dance) and really let him put his expertise to work. He read the crowd perfectly and had everyone (even guests we never thought would!) up and dancing. I've gotten nothing but complements on his professionalism and performance - and have had several guests ask for his info! Also, if you're hesitant about the media package (I was) - DON'T BE. It was seriously one of the coolest aspects of our wedding and everyone loved seeing their pictures up on the screen. A serious neat factor!

One thing I will warn you about is that he can be a little hard to get ahold of/forgetful before the event.. I'm sure he's a busy man, but this can sometimes be frustrating as a bride-to-be.. but be patient - he's very reliable when it counts and he definitely won't disappoint. Thanks again, Dave! Honestly the most fun I've ever had!!

Partytime DJ's responded with the following comments:

Thanks Meghan and Matt! Yeah, just too many irons in the fire...I need to slow down a bit. Thanks for your reference.

Services Used: DJ

The guests loved him, and everyone danced all night. Dave was not showy at all and kept things moving. He abided by my “do not play list” and asked my permission during the night if a certain song was ok, which I thought that was nice. He certainly listened to me during the wedding and acted professional. However, he was horrible/impossible to get in touch with after we booked him--I’ll spare the details, but the end results was he used the wrong song list and played the wrong first dance, mother-son dance, group dance, and last dance. That was a bummer for me (still is), but the guests didn’t notice. Also, on the form I asked that he not play anything raunchy, and he played "Strokin" which is exactly what you think it's about. Would I book him again? Yes, probably. Do I recommend him? Yes. Four months later and after going to other weddings, my guests still talk about what a great DJ he was. He got the "flow."

Partytime DJ's responded with the following comments:

Wow, I'm glad I rocked the party, but this is the first time I've heard anythign about "playing the wrong first dances". I'm completely floored...this is a huge blunder, and quite frankly, it's almost impossible...we keep a Planning Form with dates, locations, names prominently on top. I honestly don't see how it's possible. Yes, I'm sometimes hard to reach...I'm correcting this...getting some secretarial help.

Services Used: DJ

Nick did such an awesome job at a wedding I attended a few months ago. My friends son got married in Vegas so they decided to have a party to celebrate the marraige. According to him, he had contacted Nick only because he had heard so many good things about him when he asked around. The "reception" was outstanding. He took great photos and showed music videos on a screen which I had never seen before anywhere! Since most of us were in our late 30's and over, we really weren't the kind of people who just dance, but Nick got on the dance floor and danced with everybody and showed us "older people" what to do.
I have never been to such a wedding in my life and I look forward to seeing him at a co-workers wedding on July 4th! You were great Nick Pinelli!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Photography, Unique Services (Other)