Panini Bakery & Cakes
6063 Sherry Lane
Dallas, TX 75225  | map
Desserts: Cookies, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Groom's Cake...
Health license: Yes
Additional services: Consultations, On-site Delivery, On-site Setup...

Profile   Reviews (111)   FAQ   Map
Flexibility:
 (4.8/5.0)

Sort By:

Private User 7 Reviews
Not surprised at all that there are already a 109 other reviews and they're still at 5 stars. Don't even try other bakeries in dallas, just go with Panini. We tried three others and Panini was the first and nothing else even came close to the quality of the cake. The cake is the absolute best I've ever had.

Panini will be the first to tell you that they don't make the most "fancy" cakes in Dallas, but they absolutely make the most delicious ones. We had a beautiful and tastefully decorated cake, but more importantly, we had multiple people say that it was the best wedding cake they ever tasted. They're also a bit more expensive than other bakeries, but once you taste the cake, you'll understand why.

My first meeting with Sophie, I felt like she was a little lacking in bedside manner and was a little hesitant to go with her, because I truly believe trusting your vendors and having a good relationship with them is just as important as the service they provide. However, I'm so glad I did go with her, because I quickly realized that she's just candid and her heart is very much in the right place. She even told me I only needed x slices of cake, because we had other desserts too and she didn't want me wasting money. She could have made more money by getting me to order more cake than needed, but she was honest, which was so greatly appreciated.

They also put the cake floral on for me by cutting the floral etc, which is so not their job, but I don't know how to do it and I had a very inflexible florist, so they stepped up and did a phenomenal job.

I couldn't recommend Panini Bakery highly enough. We just ordered a sheet cake from them for a graduation celebration and I'm sure we'll be going back for our children's birthdays etc. They're truly an honest business that's fantastic at what they do.

Private User 4 Reviews
I tasted a lot of wedding cake and Panini Bakery was by far the best! They may possibly be the best cakes I've ever had. They were extremely helpful in helping me design a cake and I ended up having each tier a different flavor. Everyone at the reception loved the cake and kept complimenting not only on how good it looked but also on how amazing it tasted. Thanks Panini!

Elizabeth 2 Reviews
I met with Sofia and saw a photo she had of a cake that was exactly what I was looking for with the exception of the banding color. When I arrived to the venue on the wedding day, it looked perfect! Everyone at Panini was so professional! Very easy to work with and very friendly.
...and the cake was amazing!!
Wedding: 05/03/2014

Heather 7 Reviews
My wife and I booked Panini, and we are so glad we did! Sophie, the owner, is so sweet and helpful. The cake was beautiful and delicious! The only problem we had was that our guests loved it so much that they were taking 2-3 pieces each! We actually ran out! So, be sure to book Panini and get an extra large cake!
Wedding: 04/12/2014

Private User 2 Reviews
Sophie was easy to work with and gave us couple different options for us to work with. We end up with the perfect cake that was beautiful, super tasty and within out budget. The cake was flavorful without being too sweet. Everyone wanted more cake at the wedding, which was surprising since we had cocktails hours and 4 course meals before the cake. There have been so guests have been asking us which bakery we ordered it from. Thank you Panini Bakery!
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The number one comment from our wedding was "Wow that was the best wedding cake ever!" Panini Bakery Did an outstanding job and I absolutely cannot wait until our one year anniversary to have their cake again. I tell everyone looking for a bakery to use Panini Bakery they are hands down the best!
Wedding: 03/01/2014
4.2/5.0
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Value:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  3.0
Great, great, great-tasting cake. If this was all that mattered, I'd wonder why these guys didn't get 100% of the cake business in Dallas. Can't help but feel like it was a little overpriced, but, I just think that all wedding cake is dramatically overpriced, so, that's not really unique here. Looked absolutely stunning, and photographed very well, too. Cake was delivered on time and everyone who ate it raved! Wish they could have given us the option of reducing our headcount two weeks out... our caterer allowed us to change headcount up to a week before the wedding. Overall, though, a positive experience. We'll definitely be back for special occasions...though, much smaller, non-wedding cakes next time. :)
Wedding: 02/22/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Best cake in Dallas, hands down. The cake is delicious and all of the guests loved it. People are still talking to me about my cake. They do all buttercream designs so they taste so much better but they are so talented and make both gorgeous and delicious cakes. Plus, they'll give you a new cake on your one year anniversary instead of having to save the cake topper for a year.
Wedding: 01/11/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Panini made us a beautiful groom's cake (it was a surprise and my wedding gift to the groom). The bridal cake was a classic all white cake with their white chocolate mousse with raspberries. With both orders, we should have been able to feed more than double the number of people we had there. Both cakes were so popular, there was not that much left. Several of our friends (who do not have big sweet teeth) told us they had upwards of 3 pieces of cake. Almost all of our local friends have asked us for the name of the bakery so they can order this cake.
I'm not kidding - when we woke up after our wedding night, the first thing the two of us thought of was getting back to our apartment to get after some of the left over cake.
Wedding: 12/28/2013

Private User 5 Reviews
The cake was perfect and delicious and the prices were much more reasonable than other bakeries I researched. I love that they will give us a cake on our anniversary.
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I've had Panini cakes in the past so when it came to my wedding, it was a no brainer. Panini HAD to do it and it was fabulous! They are so easy to work with and so creative. Tons of our guests commented on how beautiful my cake was and they thought the grooms cake was hysterical. Everything was done perfectly, from the scripted monogram on my cake to the golf balls on my husbands cake....they looked to good to eat...almost :)
Wedding: 11/23/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Panini bakery was great to work with! Easy to get ahold of...and did I mention their cakes are amazing! Everyone loved it!
Wedding: 10/26/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Our wedding cake was absolutely delicious! The team at Panini is great to work with and they can create the perfect cake for your wedding day. Our guests could not stop talking about how delicious the cake was. I can't wait to have it again on our 1 year anniversary!
Wedding: 10/19/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Honestly, my now-husband and I aren't even really cake people. We only scheduled two tastings, and Panini was the second. My husband uncharacteristically polished off the entire sample plate, and we put our deposit down before we walked out the door. It didn't hurt that Sophie was absolutely wonderful to work with.

The cake turned out beautifully. Panini did a fairly straightforward design that was decorated by our wonderful florist (whom Sophie had recommended to us, which is something else we have to thank her for). Most importantly, Panini's cake went over incredibly well with our wedding guests too. Our cake had 130 servings, and we had a groom's cake made by my MIL as well. With fewer than 100 guests, all that was left at the end of the evening were crumbs. If you go with Panini, you definitely won't have to worry about ordering too much cake.
Wedding: 10/19/2013

Wendy 4 Reviews
I'm not a huge cake fan but there cake are to die for!!!! From the look of it down to the taste!!!! Pure perfection!!!!!
Wedding: 10/12/2013

Private User 1 Reviews
Panini Bakery was included in a list of vendors given to my daughter by her venue. She was planning a small wedding on short notice, I don't live in the area and am unfamiliar with all the vendors provided and we were both overwhelmed with all that had to be done. I took one look at the crazy, frou frou bakeries on the list that had been provided--and zeroed in on what I hoped would be a straightforward quality bakery--Panini. I made one call and spoke to Emily and didn't search any further. She was pleasant, professional and reassuring--the type of young woman who just puts your blood pressure down. My daughter and I stopped by, look at our options, ordered our cakes together with chocolate covered strawberries. Panini even offered to let us borrow a serving platter and cake stand for our small wedding cake and the strawberries. My hunch with Emily proved a good one--the cakes were BOTH fantastic and got rave reviews from all the guests. Friends said the white chocolate raspberry cake was indeed the best wedding cake they'd ever tasted! What a wonderful treat this traditional aspect of the wedding ended up being! The strawberries were unbelievably fresh--when we returned the cake stand and platter, we spoke to both the owner and Emily--and yes, Emily had hand dipped the strawberries just before we came to pick up our cakes--the few left overs lasted for several days! The value, quality and beauty of the cakes just couldn't be beat. Together with the pleasure of dealing with these fine people, I can't recommend this bakery highly enough.
 214-363-1225
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire