Panini Bakery & Cakes
6063 Sherry Lane
Dallas, TX 75225  | map
Desserts: Cookies, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Groom's Cake...
Health license: Yes
Additional services: Consultations, On-site Delivery, On-site Setup...

Profile   Reviews (106)   FAQ   Map
Flexibility:
 (4.8/5.0)

Sort By:

Private User 2 Reviews
Sophie was easy to work with and gave us couple different options for us to work with. We end up with the perfect cake that was beautiful, super tasty and within out budget. The cake was flavorful without being too sweet. Everyone wanted more cake at the wedding, which was surprising since we had cocktails hours and 4 course meals before the cake. There have been so guests have been asking us which bakery we ordered it from. Thank you Panini Bakery!
4.2/5.0
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Value:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  3.0
Great, great, great-tasting cake. If this was all that mattered, I'd wonder why these guys didn't get 100% of the cake business in Dallas. Can't help but feel like it was a little overpriced, but, I just think that all wedding cake is dramatically overpriced, so, that's not really unique here. Looked absolutely stunning, and photographed very well, too. Cake was delivered on time and everyone who ate it raved! Wish they could have given us the option of reducing our headcount two weeks out... our caterer allowed us to change headcount up to a week before the wedding. Overall, though, a positive experience. We'll definitely be back for special occasions...though, much smaller, non-wedding cakes next time. :)
Wedding: 02/22/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Best cake in Dallas, hands down. The cake is delicious and all of the guests loved it. People are still talking to me about my cake. They do all buttercream designs so they taste so much better but they are so talented and make both gorgeous and delicious cakes. Plus, they'll give you a new cake on your one year anniversary instead of having to save the cake topper for a year.
Wedding: 01/11/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Panini made us a beautiful groom's cake (it was a surprise and my wedding gift to the groom). The bridal cake was a classic all white cake with their white chocolate mousse with raspberries. With both orders, we should have been able to feed more than double the number of people we had there. Both cakes were so popular, there was not that much left. Several of our friends (who do not have big sweet teeth) told us they had upwards of 3 pieces of cake. Almost all of our local friends have asked us for the name of the bakery so they can order this cake.
I'm not kidding - when we woke up after our wedding night, the first thing the two of us thought of was getting back to our apartment to get after some of the left over cake.
Wedding: 12/28/2013

Private User 5 Reviews
The cake was perfect and delicious and the prices were much more reasonable than other bakeries I researched. I love that they will give us a cake on our anniversary.
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I've had Panini cakes in the past so when it came to my wedding, it was a no brainer. Panini HAD to do it and it was fabulous! They are so easy to work with and so creative. Tons of our guests commented on how beautiful my cake was and they thought the grooms cake was hysterical. Everything was done perfectly, from the scripted monogram on my cake to the golf balls on my husbands cake....they looked to good to eat...almost :)
Wedding: 11/23/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Panini bakery was great to work with! Easy to get ahold of...and did I mention their cakes are amazing! Everyone loved it!
Wedding: 10/26/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Honestly, my now-husband and I aren't even really cake people. We only scheduled two tastings, and Panini was the second. My husband uncharacteristically polished off the entire sample plate, and we put our deposit down before we walked out the door. It didn't hurt that Sophie was absolutely wonderful to work with.

The cake turned out beautifully. Panini did a fairly straightforward design that was decorated by our wonderful florist (whom Sophie had recommended to us, which is something else we have to thank her for). Most importantly, Panini's cake went over incredibly well with our wedding guests too. Our cake had 130 servings, and we had a groom's cake made by my MIL as well. With fewer than 100 guests, all that was left at the end of the evening were crumbs. If you go with Panini, you definitely won't have to worry about ordering too much cake.
Wedding: 10/19/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Our wedding cake was absolutely delicious! The team at Panini is great to work with and they can create the perfect cake for your wedding day. Our guests could not stop talking about how delicious the cake was. I can't wait to have it again on our 1 year anniversary!
Wedding: 10/19/2013

Wendy 4 Reviews
I'm not a huge cake fan but there cake are to die for!!!! From the look of it down to the taste!!!! Pure perfection!!!!!
Wedding: 10/12/2013

Private User 1 Reviews
Panini Bakery was included in a list of vendors given to my daughter by her venue. She was planning a small wedding on short notice, I don't live in the area and am unfamiliar with all the vendors provided and we were both overwhelmed with all that had to be done. I took one look at the crazy, frou frou bakeries on the list that had been provided--and zeroed in on what I hoped would be a straightforward quality bakery--Panini. I made one call and spoke to Emily and didn't search any further. She was pleasant, professional and reassuring--the type of young woman who just puts your blood pressure down. My daughter and I stopped by, look at our options, ordered our cakes together with chocolate covered strawberries. Panini even offered to let us borrow a serving platter and cake stand for our small wedding cake and the strawberries. My hunch with Emily proved a good one--the cakes were BOTH fantastic and got rave reviews from all the guests. Friends said the white chocolate raspberry cake was indeed the best wedding cake they'd ever tasted! What a wonderful treat this traditional aspect of the wedding ended up being! The strawberries were unbelievably fresh--when we returned the cake stand and platter, we spoke to both the owner and Emily--and yes, Emily had hand dipped the strawberries just before we came to pick up our cakes--the few left overs lasted for several days! The value, quality and beauty of the cakes just couldn't be beat. Together with the pleasure of dealing with these fine people, I can't recommend this bakery highly enough.
4.8/5.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Panini Bakery delivered a truly breathtaking cake for my wedding! From the first meeting/tasting to the big day, I never once doubted that they were organized, prepared and knew exactly what I wanted. We sketched out the design together and the final result was even more beautiful than I could have imagined. And, if you can believe it, it tasted even better! We were able to have a different flavor for each tier (4 tiers in total) and I received SO many compliments about how delicious it was. Sophie does incredible work and I couldn't be happier. HIGHLY recommend Panini Bakery to all of you brides out there who are looking for great value, amazing craftsmanship and a DELICIOUS final result. I can't wait for our one-year anniversary cake!
Wedding: 06/29/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Sophie at Panini Bakery is fantastic to work with. She's been doing this for many years and can creatively come up with many different cake designs to satisfy whatever you might want. Her groom's cakes can also be extremely elaborate and customized. She sketched out our cakes with us during our first meeting. But best of all, the cake tasted absolutely amazing. We got almost 2 pieces per person at our wedding, and there wasn't even one piece left at the end. She's also extremely professional and made her delivery right on time, and worked directly with our florist to get flowers on the cake. I highly recommend Panini Bakery!
Wedding: 06/15/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Sophie and Panini Cakes are so fantastic! She met with us a couple times, first to taste and then to design the cakes. She was so helpful with recommendations for how to make my ideas work, and both the wedding and groom's cakes turned out beautiful and tasted amazing! We had so many people afterwards tell us it was the best wedding cake they'd ever had! Thank you!
Wedding: 06/01/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Panini Cakes was the perfect choice for our wedding! The tasting was definitely my husband's favorite part of the wedding planning process! The cake was so beautiful AND delicious – light and fluffy, and not too sugary (just sugary enough!). Unlike a lot of wedding cakes, it tasted even better than it looked. I’m so glad we chose them!
Wedding: 04/20/2013
4.5/5.0
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  3.0

Private User 5 Reviews
cake is delicious and looks pretty.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
 214-363-1225
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire