Ooo La La Creative Cakes,LLC

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Our cake was exactly as discussed and LaShunda and her team were very flexible in regard to changes in our guest count. It was absolutely beautiful!!!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Oh La La came through in a pinch for us as my friend was supposed to make the cake, but could not at the last minute. Our wedding planner made all the arrangements and even had samples sent to us in Boston from their location. We picked the Champagne cake and her cute rustic cake design. Everyone loved it, and we have saved the top for our anniversary next year!!!

Profile Picture
Private User
Recently Married

Not only was LaShunda was a pleasure to work with, her cakes were delicious and beautiful! They were so delicious that my husband and I couldn't pick just one. We bought 10! LaShunda came up with the brilliant idea of going with a cake display table, filled with small cakes of all different flavors for guests to try. It ended up being a huge hit and looked beautiful at our wedding. I couldn't have picked a better cake vendor to work with. She made us feel welcome, comfortable and excited throughout the entire process.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We have gone to Chef Allen on two occasions. First when we needed a wedding cake and since we where so pleased with her the first time, we had to go back for a birthday cake several months later. Both cakes where some of the best we have ever had.

Chef Allen came highly recommended from locals who knew of her exceptional cakes. When we first contacted her we where asked to provide our top choice of flavors for both cake and frosting. We set up a tasting where she presented the various options for flavor and came up with the final flavor and appearance of our wedding cake. The results where basically exactly what we had wanted!

On a second occasion we asked her for a birthday cake with a variety of cupcakes to go with it. She again deliver an exceptional product and I expect I will be returning to her on a regular basis for future birthdays and special occasions.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We recently used Ooo La La for our winter wedding. We had decided that we would like cupcakes and cookies instead of a cake. They made the most beautiful and delicious Snowflake cupcakes with matching gingerbread cookies. At the end of the night we caught my nephew who is a very picky eater with a bag full of about a dozen cookies sneaking them to his room!

We would highly recommed them for all of the five star qualities listed above.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

When we first met lashunda we knew she was the one we wanted to make our cake for us! I don't like cake to be honest but I did have to try cakes for the wedding of course and all the other vendors cakes looked incredible but didn't taste as good as they looked. When we tried lashundas cakes they smiled and tasted so good while looking incredible. She was very affordable for the cake we needed for our wedding and then I saw the cake on our wedding day and it couldn't have been more perfect! We also ordered chocolate covered strawberries and canolies from her and I'm more of a canolie girl and those definitely hit the spot! So donr go for just looks on your cake and get the whole package and order from lashunda!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

LaShunda made us a beautiful purple ombre strawberry lemonade cake. The cake was delicious and super cute. I'm so happy that we went with Ooo La La Creative Cakes!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We are so happy we went with LaShunda and Ooo La La Cakes for our cake and cupcakes. Her baking is SO delicious (if I could live off of her chocolate fudge, I would!!) and the end result looked as good as it tasted! LaShunda was great to work with: she helped us stay within budget, had awesome suggestions and was so generous with her time at our initial consult. We spent over two hours at the tasting because we showed up with both moms in tow and all of us had to taste each cake flavor with each frosting. She had us laughing the whole time too which made the experience even better. I highly recommend LaShunda and Ooo La La Cakes to any couple looking for an amazing cake (and/or cupcakes) for their wedding. You really can't go wrong with any of her tasty creations. (:

Services Used: Wedding Cake

LaShunda has so much TALENT!! Her creativity and personality truly shine in her cakes. My husband and I agree that the tasting was our favorite part of wedding planning! We opted to do cupcakes and had a really hard time choosing the flavors because each one was better than the next. They were a hit with our guests and there was not one leftover. She is truly remarkable and helped to make our day even more memorable!

Profile Picture
Private User
1 Review
1+ year ago

In 2014 our family had some milestone events that LaShunda has taken my visions & made not only memorable cakes for, but absolutely delicious to boot. For my son's 18th birthday I sent LaShunda a picture of his drum set & asked if she could recreate it as a cake to share with his music class, she did. For my daughter's 21st birthday I asked her to design cupcakes with penguins, holding red solo cups with her favorite color hat, mittens & scarfs to deliver to UNH, she did. When our next big event in 2014 came up, our wedding, it was only natural to ask LaShunda to put together an ocean theme cake for our small wedding in Portland, Maine. LaShunda is known amongst my family & friends as my cake lady. She amazes us with her artistic talent & our taste buds love her flavors!!!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake was gorgeously done with three tiers, turquoise ribbon, black designs and hot pink hibiscus flowers down the sides. To add a special touch for my husband Lashunda added a superman flying out of the side of the cake and he was so excited about that touch. The cake was red velvet with buttercream frosting and other then the top tier (which was saved for us) our entire wedding devoured the cake and went back for seconds. Our cupcakes were a big hit as well. I wanted mini cupcakes to represent summer time on Lake Winnipesaukee and she did just that. They were s'mores and strawberry shortcake flavored and man were they delicious. Very few of these were left at the end of the night as well and all of the guests were raving about the summer feel from the cupcakes. Thank you so much for helping to make my day so special and truly delivering the best cake and cupcakes I have ever had!! :)

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Chef Allen and her team showed up when she promised and set up her signature Birch cake/cupcakes perfectly on a birch tree cake stand I made for the groom. When the stand and cake combination was revealed to the Bride, she cried tears of utter delight! Need we say more? That is the ultimate testimony anyone could ever give! OooLaLaCreativeCakes gets my highest recommendation. Well done!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

This review is way overdue! Chef Allen was absolutely amazing to work with, even from 600 miles away. She was able to help us find a way to have a delicious wedding dessert at our wedding while working within our price range. She made amazingly delicious cupcakes for our guests, and an even more amazing cake for us to cut. Even better, her cake was just as delicious one year later on our anniversary as it was the day she made it! If this isn't a testament to the deliciousness of her baking, I don't know what else could be! If you are getting married in the lakes region, you should be getting your wedding cakes with Chef Allen and team!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We worked with Chef Lashunda Allen to consult and design a unique cake for our daughter's February 2014 wedding in Meredith, NH. After listening to the bride and groom's design ideas, Chef Allen helped them brainstorm a cake that was original and special for their wedding. Both the bride and groom loved the cake and how it displayed at their wedding reception. We made some changes a couple weeks before the wedding, and Chef Allen incorporated these with helpful suggestions.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We called Chef Allen after a friend who was making a cake for us had to cancel the day of the wedding. We needed a cake in 6 hours. It was a true emergency! Chef Allen not only as willing to take on the challenge, but she created a beautiful and delicious cake. Everyone at the reception absolutely loved it! We will definitely be returning.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Chef Allen came through for us with the most beautiful delicious wedding cake with only seven hours notice. The bride got an email the morning of her wedding from the person she had arranged to do her cake telling her that she couldn't make her cake because there was a death in the family. After searching the web we found Chef Allen willing to take on the challenge. Wish I could post a photo