One Sweet Slice

Value
Flexibility
1 Review
Recently Married

I got so many compliments on my cake after my wedding anything from the beauty of it, to the taste. I catered at one point and have tried many wedding cakes but this was by far the best tasting one. Their raspbarry cake is to die for! Go ahead and try them out, you won't be disappointed.

1 Review
3.6

Amazing and beautiful! Don't expect efficient communication but DO expect a spectacular and yummy cake. Highly recommend them, just know they're amazing at the art and not so much the communication. The back and forth for design made me a little crazy. You have to be in charge of this vendor. They were on time and setup was perfect.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We got our cake from one sweet slice in Sandy. Our cake was delicious and beautiful!! We will be coming back for other events for sure!!

Recently Married

One sweet slice did an AMAZING job on our wedding cake. It turned out even better than I pictured it. The girls were so "sweet" to work with and it tasted delicious. My only complaint is that there was not enough left to take home. They even left an extra box for our top tier. Love them!!

Recently Married

The cake was delicious! We loved it!

Recently Married

They were great to work with and designed a custom cake to match my dress.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I asked for a very unique cake and not only did it look amazing but it tasted great as well. I also paid for delivery and it arrived on time in perfect condition.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

One Sweet Slice made a beautiful and delicious cake. They were very patient with me while I was picking and asking all my questions. We did 3 different cake flavors on our tiered cake. The final product was more beautiful and perfect then I would have imagined. They also were great with offering advise to get my flowers from my florist so they matched everything else and at less cost which was great. The cake was delivered on time and the flowers were put on perfectly! Very happy with my choice and the cost!

1.5

Our wedding cake was the most important item during my wedding to me. I met with their baker abt 7 months before my wedding, when I went to make a payment I was informed that the baker I talked to was no longer working their, so I asked them to cancel my order since I was never contacted to be informed of the matter and meet with the new baker or the new artist that will do the decoration of my cake. We were ask to tip the decorator BEFORE we even see the cake, so we tip the person $100, no even knowing what kind of job they will do but the baker we talk to made us feel confident. So 2 months before my wedding I realized they were planing in making the cake according to the baker notes (because a few comments on a paper are enough to know how my over $1000 should look, we talk to the baker for about 2 hours in person and on the phone and had pictures for him as reference). When I asked to cancel the order the manager told me that it was ok but she need to check with the owner. The manager called my now husband and told him that the owner said they will cancel the order but we will lose the $100 tip and $100 for "saving the date" of our wedding, so I talk to the owner and she said that was correct, I was very unhappy but I just could lose those $200 that were for my cake, so Ii met with the owner and went over all the details and sent the pictures again... I told her I will stop by BEFORE they deliver the cake and she said that was not necessary she will text picture to me. Well she never did. I was told that when the wedding planer saw the cake at the venue she said "this cake does not look the way it should" but of course I was way to busy on my wedding day by the time I realize the owner did not send me pics I called her and she said she sent them to the wedding planer (contracted by the venue). They got the money for a product they didn't delivery the way they promised to. The way they were hired to do it. They added nothing but stress to our wedding.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Cupcakes and cake were AMAZING. The cupcakes we had Janelle and her staff make looked incredible. We had a few communication issues, but they were resolved. SO GOOD.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake was one of the first things that we had arranged & got out of the way. We did it months in advance so it was just one less thing to do. We didn't have a very big or crazy extravagant designed cake. We just mainly cared about what was inside. The gentleman that helped us was one of the main chefs there. He was very attentive to us, & our needs in our cake. We fully paid for the cake and scheduled everything we needed to. We hadn't decided on delivery yet so we decided to wait & see. 4 days before our wedding I had called to verify everything & to see if i could add delivery for our cake. They seemed to have an issue finding our order. Which was odd to me considering we had already paid for it months before. Turns out the gentleman that had helped us through everything turned out to be a total flake & misplaced a ton of invoices, so ours was that was lost. So we had NO CAKE in order for our wedding. Worst thing to happen to a bride 4 days before something gone missing & non existent?? Well I was not happy, but i was so impressed with how they helped out this dilemma, they ended up making our cake bigger, delivering, and adding flower arrangements on the cake for no charge! They called the morning of the wedding to reassure me that everything was in order & the cake looked beautiful. Everything turned out better than i could have imagined, and I'm just so thankful that i had called in before to check to make sure that everything was in order!! Thank you One Sweet Slice for making everything better & right for my husband & I! Our cake was beautiful, delicious & we got so many compliments!

Ashley
02/09/2014

Katie was great to work with and very responsive. The cake looked exactly like the photos I sent them and everyone loved the cake flavors!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Our multilayer cake was wonderful. Guests ate every slice served at the reception. We had chocolate fleur de sal and coconut key lime. The design matched the pictures I submitted. The cake was delivered on time. It was great!

1+ year ago
3.1

They make lovely cupcakes and cakes, unfortunately when we went to pick up the cupcakes they did not give them all to the person picking them up so we had to come back down. They gave us those cupcakes for free but then we asked for a few more since there was an extra trip and they charged us full price for those. That wasn't as big of a deal, but just forgetting to give us all the cupcakes we purchased was. Also, it was kind of expensive.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We ordered cupcakes for our September wedding and couldn't be MORE pleased with what we got from One Sweet Slice! They are willing to work with whatever numbers and flavors you desire and are prompt in their delivery and flawless in their presentation. I think every single one of our guests made a point to mention to us how delicious the cupcakes were - and we couldn't have agreed more!
I make it a point to stop into the store for another new and exciting flavor whenever we are in the area, and plan to use them in the future!

Rob
09/21/2013

We loved the cupcakes we received for our wedding. One Sweet Slice takes the time to go over the different cupcakes you can use for your wedding. They sit down with you at the store and let you try a variety of cupcakes. They even created our cake and customized it to fit our theme. We had a sugar record on the top of the cake and it looked great.

The only thing I found to be a bit difficult is they only do so many tasting appointments throughout the month, so you must book your appointment early, our particular appointment actually never got documented, but they bent over backwards to fit us in - thank you! So, heads-up, don't wait till the last minute. The scheduling in advance is because of the much-deserved popularity. An idea that may better serve consultations in the future would be to have the couple pre-select which flavors they would like to sample and then have mini-versions prepared. We were only permitted to sample 3 flavors, but we only wanted one bite of each, so we felt guilty for wasting a lot of delicious cupcake. Even though we wanted to taste more flavors, we didn't. Our guests at the reception loved the unique frosting creations and flavors. We had salted caramel and chocolate, grasshopper, and root beer float (for the kids). Thanks!