One Stop DJ Service

• Quality of Service:  1.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  2.0

We wanted to express our disapointment with our dj Mike. during our 20 minute cerremony, he interrupted by walking up to the bride in the middle of the ceremony and offered her a dessert from our dessert table our dessert table. This happened right when we were about to appreciate one of our mothers with flowers. It not only was inappropriate and interrupted one of our mother's special times, it also took us by surprise and interrupted our moment as a couple. Mike mentioned that he thought that the bride was diabetic and thought she was going to pass out. Not only do we have pictures with him in our ceremony, there is not an angle the vidoegrapher can remove him from.

We tried to look pass this interruption, but later on in our reception, he choose not to listen to the groom's requests. He chose only to take requests from the bride only.

DJ Mike played very little of the reception music that was requested. This was unexceptable. He played very little of what was discussed before the wedding day.

We were very unhappy and after a while, we chose not to dance anymore and people chose to leave.

We payed in full as soon as we could and tried to request a dj we would love in advance (3 different names and attempts were made.)

We thought we were going to have a wonderful time at our reception because we had a wonderful insight and quick emails from the individuals we talked with through email.

The bride tried to work with Mike and offer him to stay a little long and at the same time tipping him hoping to hear what was wanted but this did not happen.

Sincerely,

Eric and Eve Wiese
Wedding: 11/11/2011
  • Responsiveness:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  1.0
My sister hired One Stop DJ last October and didn't have a very good experience.
They signed a contract to have a specific DJ do the wedding, paid the down payment, and agreed to complete the payment after the service (typical with ANY service contract). After some more research, my sister had a few questions and talked to some friends and heard negative reviews about One Stop. She called and told them she was still looking around for a DJ, knowing full well that she would lose the deposit she had already paid, and she was okay with that.
About an hour later that SAME day, One Stop automatically took the rest of the payment out of the account, BEFORE the serivce was performed. I'm pretty sure that is illegal, and it was in their contract that the payment would not be taken out until the day after the wedding, assuring that the service was done.
The day of the wedding, they even sent out a different DJ than the one agreed upon initially.
Ultimately, One Stop was unprofessional and sketchy. They even gave us trouble with songs that were being requested by the bride!
Wedding: 09/11/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
One Stop Dj's did a great job at our wedding on the 28th of August. They are affordable and my guests were on the dance floor all night! Our Dj Mike did a great job at pronouncing our family members names as well (Polish background) which is pretty difficult. Highly Recommended! Thank you One Stop Dj's!
Wedding: 08/28/2010
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
One Stop DJ had really cheap prices, but still provided a great service. We booked them and paid in full several months in advance, but forgot about all the forms until the week before the wedding. My fiance and I each thought the other took care of it, but it didn't get done! We tried contacting the company, but no one was answering the phone or checking messages. I finally got a response through email, and when I got the direct contact info for the DJ, it was smooth sailing.

I talked to our DJ, Peggy for the first time 4 days before the wedding. We clicked pretty easily. She was very understanding and worked through our last-minute details. Luckily, we didn't have a lot of requests, so that made it easier. She was very enthusiastic and friendly. She helped with making sure the reception was conducted smoothly, and played music that satisfied the older crowd, as well as the younger generation. It was a great party!
Wedding: 07/10/2010
  • Quality of Service:  0.5
  • Responsiveness:  0.5
  • Professionalism:  0.5
  • Flexibility:  0.5
Our DJ literally left for one hour and forty five minutes during our reception. He said that he had to replace a cord and would be back in 15 minutes. My brother-in-law had to announce our first dance because our DJ was nowhere to be found. They also changed our DJ without ever contacting us. Our DJ's appearance was disheveled and he was drinking at the bar. Our DJ Mike apologized to us and told us we would be reimbursed for the time that he left. We called customer service when we got back from our honeymoon and they told us that they would not be reimbursing us because he left music playing while he was gone and did not violate our contract. Debbie also said that if we have further questions or concerns that we can contact their lawyer. Very unhappy with their service.
Wedding: 07/10/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Great price for great service. Our DJ was awesome! Thanks Peggy!! Professional, fun, just great. A+
Wedding: 05/15/2010
4.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Responsiveness:  2.5
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
This company isn't very good at communicating pre-wedding and the forms they have you fill out to indicate your DJ and music preferences are really outdated. That said, there were very inexpensive and our DJ was great. We were assigned Cory, and I was a little worried because my only pre-wedding contact with him was on the phone 3 days before the wedding and he had not read the information I sent about our song choices or schedule (he did have it in front of him, though). Fortunately, everything went smoothly on the wedding day and he played all the music we asked for (even the part of one specific song for our entrance, which I half expected would be screwed up). Everyone was dancing up a storm and the amount of interaction he had with the crowd was limited to introducing speeches, which is what we wanted. All in all, One Stop was perfect for our needs.
Wedding: 01/30/2010
0.2/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0
To all couples looking for a DJ service: STAY AWAY from One Stop DJ. They are cheap but you get what you paid for. Our experience with them was horrendous.

First, One Stop DJ changed our DJs twice – the last time, it was the DAY BEFORE our wedding – so I had to send all my information and go over everything with them over the phone three separate times. The DJ we ended up with (DJ Corey) called me the day before my wedding and said he did not have the music I requested for the surprise grooms cake. The music which I requested MONTHS in advance and which the other DJ confirmed they had. DJ Corey actually suggested I could go out and buy a CD of it – to reiterate: this was the day before my wedding – but otherwise he didn’t have any solutions for me.

Next, we paid to have a separate sound system for our ceremony (the portable BOSE system). It was in our contract. It was paid for. Two days before our wedding the One Stop manager – Debby – said they were out of the BOSE systems but they will “upgrade” me and bring two full music setups. Except that DJ Corey only brought one. And because we had our ceremony in a separate location from the reception, we were stuck with NO MUSIC FOR THE CEREMONY. We ended up getting a portable CD player from the venue, which took time to locate and delayed our ceremony by almost 30 minutes.

Next, since we had a lot of kids at the wedding we decided to order their Chicken Dude to do some fun songs for the kids. You have been warned: DO NOT order the Chicken Dude, it’s not worth the $150 we paid for it. First, I have a feeling the chicken dude doesn’t get out much because when I was talking to the DJ about it he asked “um, it says here there’s a chicken dude? Is someone from your family going to dress up like a chicken? In fact the person who ended up wearing the costume was this tiny woman who put on a terrible performance. Or, I should say, no performance at all.

She went up to the dance floor and just stood there, waiting for the music to begin. Which, incidentally, it didn't THE MUSIC EQUIPMENT BROKE. We had 30seconds of one chicken song, and got all our guests to the dance floor, before the music screeched then stopped, replaced by a piercing sound of malfunctioning equipment. This went on for another agonizing minutes before we finally thanked the Chicken Dude and asked her to leave so the DJ can focus on fixing his equipment.

Next, the THE LIGHTS WERE NOT WORKING. We were supposed to get the standard lights package, and we also paid to upgrade to the white starball light for slow dances. Corey couldn't get any of the lights to work. While he was fussing around with the lights, the music was making screeching noises. We finally had to ask him to focus on making the music work and in the end, the lights we paid for never did come on (thought he music eventually did).

Finally – this was just pretty funny - at the end of the night, Corey's car ran out of battery power. The girl he was with ran inside and was asking our guests to give them a jump! I couldn't believe their lack of good judgement. The entire staff of the venue was available to them, yet they were asking our guests, in their suits and dresses, to give them a jump. Our guests - because they are kind and wonderful people - helped them out, and they were still there, waiting for Corey's battery to charge, when we were leaving the venue.

When we shared this feedback with Debby, the One Stop DJ manager, she referred us to their lawyer and we never heard from them again – despite contacting them repeatedly to try to get at least some of our money back.

All this to say: be warned about One Stop DJ. Music is a big part of your big day. It’s what makes a difference between fun and flop. Invest in a decent company, not a shoddy one like One Stop DJ.
Wedding: 01/01/2010
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
This service was really good. They played really good music, exactly what we wanted to hear. Lots of people stayed late. However, with the venue the DJ area was over the suspended area-so when there was a lot of people dancing it would skip but it was not due to the system, it was due to the suspension of the building and where it was located. It was a very great service.
Wedding: 10/10/2009
0.0/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.0
  • Value:  0.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0
Do NOT use this dj service. I completely regret it still to this day and my wedding was over 2 years ago. I feel like other peoples experiences are similar to mine. We were originally supposed to have Brian as our DJ who we talked to on the phone and really liked, only to find out the day before the wedding that we were having Corey. Corey was horrible. First off, he completely butchered the introductions, naming people at the wrong time. He also did not play the correct version of the first dance song, not to mention the sound quality of the song was poor and you could barely hear it. He was very rude to a lot of people, including my wedding party who he was yelling at to be quiet when he was trying to talk. I was there when he did and found it a bit rude. He also was rude to my guests when they requested songs, including my mother-in-law, who informed me of this the next day. Overall, I was completely dissatisfied and I wish I would've spent more money on a dj to get better service. Tried to call and let the company know and they referred us to their lawyer which got us nowhere and we were not able to get any money back. I'm honestly surprised they are still in business. Do not give them yours!
Wedding: 07/24/2009
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Love them! They send you ideas, and play everything you want! They come in a tux and do a GREAT job! Great value for the money, very professional and reliable.
Wedding: 07/18/2009
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Our Dj was Teri .I loved them . They were great . There was a little mix up with my paperwork. And our Dj didnt get our music until like two days before. Everything was resolved and he still did a great job ! They were on time ! They are reasonable priced.All in all I would recommend them to anyone who needed a Dj !
Lauren & Dominic 7/10/2009
Wedding: 07/10/2009
  • Quality of Service:  1.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.5
  • Professionalism:  0.5
  • Value:  0.5
  • Flexibility:  0.5
Brian was our orginal DJ and I spoke and emailed a few times before the wedding. He seemed great and I was comfortable having him. My husband even contacted him secretly to work out a little garter routine to surprise me. He spent hours making a mix on his own and emailed it to Brian the week before the wedding. When he didn�t hear back from him saying whether or not he received the emailed song�.he got a little nervous and copied it to a disc, just in case! I went over every detail with Brian (pronunciations, song list, telling him to play more slow songs than normal because our band for the 2nd half of the night doesn�t play anything slow, etc)

Well�.when we came into the reception hall, our coordinator informed me that Brian had been let go from the company the night before but not to worry because Corey (one of the �managers�) was there to fill in for him. We spoke to Corey to be sure he had gotten all of our introductions, requests, etc. We again told him to play more slow songs and he understood. My husband spoke to him and realized he never heard anything about the mix that he sent Brian�..so luckily Matt had it on the disc�.which was at the HOTEL! So our coordinator had to rush to the hotel to get it in time so she missed a good hour of our wedding due to this!

Introductions- The music was waaaay to low and he mispronounced a few things. Dinner music- Was there even dinner music? I didn�t hear any.
Special Dances- fine, oh and the garter routine went off without a hitch ;) Thanks to our DOC and my husband�s dance moves!
Dancing- Not good...inappropriate at times! The songs playing were very sexual in nature and the dance floor was primarily filled with children! He didn�t play any slow songs...and we requested more than usual! I think I heard ONE. Literally ONE! He also played all the cheesy wedding songs, which I had requested Brian not to do. Also, one person noted that once the band finished and the DJ started for the last 15-20 minutes of the night�the dance floor cleared! We should have just ended the night with the band and had the DJ go home!

Someone from One Stop DJ should have called me the day before when our original DJ was let go to go over everything. A 3 minute conversation in the lobby while I have 300 guests waiting on me was NOT SUFFICIENT in my book!!!!! I�m glad I only paid what I did for the company! But, I guess you get what you pay for!

I tried multiple times to contact the company after the wedding to get some answers as to why things went so horribly wrong... No one ever got back to me. Terrible customer service!

I DO NOT RECOMMEND!
Wedding: 07/03/2009
3.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  2.5
  • Professionalism:  3.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  2.5
I heard a lot of good reviews before booking them and their prices are very reasonable. Unfortunately our experience was not as great as we'd hoped. The DJ service sent us a song list after booking with them. We were supposed to cross out the songs we didn't want and circle the ones we did. It was a LONG list and we spent a lot of time going through it. A week before the wedding I spoke to Brad on the phone. He said that he'd work off of our list, but he usually tries to read the crowd and play what people seem to like. So that was fine with me, except when it came to the wedding he played all of this music that wasn't on our list and nobody was dancing. He couldn't read the crowd at ALL.. It wasn't until a few hours into the reception that he finally started playing the songs we chose. I just wish when people weren't dancing he would realize that he should stick to our list, since we obviously know our guests better. He also wouldn't take a request from one of my bridesmaids. It was toward the end of the night I guess, but still would've been nice if he was a little more accomodating.
Wedding: 05/24/2009
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I really was pleased with One Stop. Steve did our reception and did a great job. When guests started requesting odd music I approached him and he turned it up a notch to get everyone back on the floor. My only criticism is that it would have been great to be able to know who my DJ was more than a week before the wedding and since they have us mail in our song lists early they should assign the DJ and give them the song list early. But, for the price they were really fantastic, and had a lot of extras (lighting, cordless mic) that other services charge more for.
Wedding: 11/15/2008
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I was so amazed at this service. They came in and made the crowed dance on there feet. Kester kept great music on all night and I was sooooooooooo happy. If you are looking for a DJ to make the evening fantastic hire one stop dj, ask for Kester!!!!
Wedding: 09/13/2008
 630-850-8528
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire