One Ocean Resort and Spa

Value
Flexibility
Elizabeth
04/18/2015

My husband and I booked our wedding in Jacksonville before we knew we would be moving to Nashville for his work. I was very apprehensive about planning a wedding from out-of-state, but the One Ocean staff made me feel great about the decision. I was born and raised in Jacksonville Beach and knew that One Ocean would be a great place to get married, but I they truly went above and beyond my expectations and I now believe it is the best place at the beach, in Jacksonville, and the Southeast for that matter! For example, we had a farewell brunch for our guests on the Sunday following the marriage and very few people had RSVP’d. I made an estimate that 70 would attend and we had more like 95 (at least) come. One Ocean accommodated our guests by flawlessly bringing out more food, tables, and chairs. I didn’t even know they did so until after the brunch was over! They did so much for us (and so much I probably didn’t even realize they did) and we couldn’t be more pleased. Thank you, thank you, thank you! #wortheverypenny

paul
10/18/2014

Great location - everything was perfect

1 Review
Recently Married

Loving setting, fantastic service and extraordinary culinary delight. Our rehearsal dinner was at One Ocean. We had people come in from all over including Floridians, D. C., California, Colorado, Georgia, New York, Switzerland and Germany. Everyone was delighted with the accommodations, atmosphere, and food. Sarah Seibers is the best at venue coordination. We will be back!

Services Used: Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Tricia
05/25/2014

amazing and flawless! need I say more!! LOVED my wedding here! But better than that is it is only a few miles away to always continue to enjoy a cocktail or bite to eat!!! Great resort on all levels for any occasion!

1+ year ago

One Ocean definitely exceeded all of my expectations! I had my ceremony overlooking the ocean with the perfect amount of shade for the guests...it could not have been more beautiful or romantic!! The weather was a little hotter than normal, so I held the reception inside and it turned out to be just the right size for mingling and a dance floor. The food was absolutely wonderful and Wayne, our "docent" was there to make sure that we were never without a drink.
I cannot say enough about Sarah Seibers, the catering manager. My every request and change was met with a solution and out of all of my vendors she was by far the most competent and pleasant to work with. I wouldn't have changed a thing about my wedding at One Ocean!

1+ year ago

One Ocean was by far the best experience I could ever ask for!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

One Ocean is the best place to have a wedding. My wedding day was literally perfect. The staff is so helpful and on top of everything. The venue is absolutly beautiful, it's right on the beach, it's a great place for pictures. They have a lot of cool things going on inside the resort as well for pictures. Sarah was our catering manager and nothing was left out, she was really on top of it. The food was excellent, the cake was beautiful and just how I wanted it. It was seriously perfect. Multiple people told us it was the best wedding they had ever been to.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

A beautiful venue and so easy to work with. Friendly staff, fabulous food and the wedding cake was included in price. Pastry Chef took the picture of the cake desired and did it perfectly plus it was delicious. Several positive remarks on the venue and food from friends and family

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

One Ocean is a beautiful location and working with Sarah (the catering coordinator) made it even better! She really listened to everything we wanted and made sure that it happened. The food was DIVINE (everyone has told us how much they loved it!) the cake was delicious and our Jaguars grooms cake turned out great. I know Sarah does this all the time, but she really makes you feel special when you are working with her.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

We cannot say enough wonderful things about One Ocean Resort! EVERYONE loved this place! Sarah and Stephanie were so easy to work with and so extremely responsive. We had a minor issue with flowers on the day of the wedding and Stephanie took care of it in minutes. The food for our reception was UNBELIEVABLE. Seriously...everyone was talking about the grouper and the scalloped potatoes after the wedding. We are so happy with chose to have our wedding at One Ocean...it was beautiful and the staff is just incredible. We could not thank them enough. If I had to do it over again, I would still have my wedding at One Ocean. Thank you!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I'm so glad we picked One Ocean it was the perfect place to have our Wedding at! The food was so good and the venue was so amazing. The hotel staff were on top of everything to make our day special. I wouldn't of had my wedding anywhere else

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

One Ocean was the absolute best place that anyone could ever have a wedding in Florida! From the minute we arrived, everyone was pleasant, professional, and extremely accommodating to every one of our needs. They made us feel very comfortable every step of the way. We were working and planning our wedding with them while working in Afghanistan and they created a stress-free wedding for me! Between Stephanie Seltzer (wedding coordinator) and Sarah Siebers (banquet coordinator), they helped to ensure everything went perfectly and not to mention I felt like I was the only bride on the face of the Earth who wasn't stressed about their wedding ;-) They had an excellent 'plan B' for the rainy weather, they were very detailed and ensured that everything went as planned. Also, I never met the chef due to being overseas, but I have to give him credit for excellent food and a beautiful wedding cake!! Everyone from the minute we checked in to the minute we checked out was pleasant and all of our guests were very impressed with everything! Thank you so much One Ocean!! Misty & Ryan Perry

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

The hotel and staff was amazing, and did everything we wanted and contracted with them.

Everyone was very helpful and attentive.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Working with Robin Camp and the entire staff at One Ocean was a terrific experience. Our wedding was a wonderful experience to remember because of One Ocean.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We started out with a vision of our dream wedding, which didn't look much like a wedding at all. I wanted a short but sweet ceremony followed by a great party. One Ocean was able to provide a beautiful space on the outside Verandina that fit 100 guests perfectly. It was a great choice to do the ceremony and reception all in one space (no travel required). We chose an open bar and passed food (instead of a sit down dinner) and had 100 happy guests. The space was set up like a cocktail lounge and only needed a few small floral arrangements and tons of candles (huge savings). The staff was wonderful and the food and beverage was worth every penny. Also a million wonderful places for great photo ops.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue is breathtakingly gorgeous. The staff is impeccable, treating each guests like royalty from the moment they open your car door to the moment they bid you farewell. Robin Camp is the most wonderful Catering Sales Manager you could possibly ask for. She was our greatest asset, making sure everything was taken care of from the pre-planning to our last dance. This would not be a complete and accurate statement without commenting on the Chef whose presentation of our dinner was as impressive as the taste itself. I can not close without saying that the pastry chef worked magic on our cake.
The entire experience was simply perfect. I’d like for us to renew our vows annually…same time, same place, every year!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake