Om the Origin

4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 5.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Got 2 custom made saris, bought 1 sari, also got 2 men's Indian outfits.very satisfied with everything
Absolutely love the place. If you plan ahead and weddings are always planned ahead, and order custom outfits , giving them decent amount of time, you can have a non stressful experience

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Responsiveness: 5.0
  • Professionalism: 2.5
  • Value: 2.5
  • Flexibility: 2.5

Stressful experience because all of my selections were customized and being sent from India, but in the end it all worked out! I was very satisfied with my bridal garments! Anisha was a joy to work with at Om!

• Wedding: 05/25/2013
0.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 1.0
  • Responsiveness: 0.0
  • Value: 1.5
  • Flexibility: 0.0

THIS IS THE WORST PLACEFOR ANY BRIDE TO BE to get there Wedding dress!!!!! Never never will go here for anything they messed up my outfit twice original colors were suppose to be gold teal and maroon, it came back as all off white and green and ORANGE stones! That one lady who measures you has to be a pathological liar!!! She tells you the orange stones were used because thats all the designer has.....What?! Now ..2nd time it came back
It was 5 sizes too small sleeves were too short .. Horrible everything and Wanted me to take it home
I can not believe how these ppl are in business I am gonna report them
Also I ordered my lengha oct 6th 2011!! It has been 5 months!!!!!! My wedding is in less than a month and these ppl are absolutely crazy liars... Unprofessional.... Have no worry of others time and WILL not get your dress in time! Will keep lying to you on the phone. Oh also I travel from VA so I've already had to come 3 times to deal with there lies!!!!!!!
BE AWARE future brides! It's not worth the stress and frusteration!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

We got the Groom's Sherwani from here. The clothes are definitely expensive but they are worth it. Just wish it was easier to communicate with some of the store staff over the phone.

• Wedding: 06/25/2011
4.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

My wedding and reception outfits were beautiful. It took longer than originally stated to actually receive them. Despite being measured and having the outfits custom made, they still did not fit, but They did provide all alterations for free.

• Wedding: 04/01/2011
0.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 1.0
  • Responsiveness: 1.0
  • Value: 0.0
  • Flexibility: 0.0

My husband and I chose this store based on a recommendation of a family friend. I think they took advantage because i am a doctor and he is a banker. We were supposed to have a Shervani ready on 10/16, but it wasnt, and then the response was, "you can't expect more at an Indian store." Then, when we had to have our dirty Shervani (it was never dry cleaned) shipped to California where we were getting married they refused to compensate us for the price. IT WAS THEIR MISTAKE!!! Also, they were very arrogant, and told me that if I wanted American service I should go to an American store. Can you believe this?? Anyone who's gone through a wedding should know the stress involved. No one should treat a prospective bride and groom like this. It is pathtetic. I've supported Indian stores in Edison for over 20 years, but I will never shop there again. I will only go to India - future brides - YOU'LL GET BETTER STUFF IN INDIA FOR SURE! DONT WASTE YOUR TIME AT OM THE ORIGIN. IT'S A RIP OFF!!!!!!!!

• Wedding: 10/29/2010
0.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.0
  • Responsiveness: 0.0
  • Value: 0.0
  • Flexibility: 0.0

I chose all my wedding attire here - and look how they treated me?? None of the pieces were finished on time or correctly, and all they could say was "we all make mistakes." I was in tears on the day before my wedding day, and luckily, my aunt knows how to make alterations, so that even after several hundred dollars she was able to make things right. These people are only concerned with your money up front and dont care about you as a human being. It is only added stress when you are planning a wedding.

I would recommend several other stores, like the one right NEXT DOOR TO OHM OR KHAJANA as they are more professional.

• Wedding: 09/02/2010
0.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.5
  • Responsiveness: 0.5
  • Professionalism: 0.5
  • Value: 1.0
  • Flexibility: 1.0

BEWARE! They ONLY TAKE CASH and ALL UPFRONT. That just screams we dont care about quality and delivery, we just want your $! I had an awful experience with Om the Origin. I told them my wedding was 3 weeks ahead of the truth (mind you they had the order for over 3 months), and still the outfit was only ready days before my wedding! How nerveracking! I was told every time I called, dont worry we'll call you when it's ready. I still called AT LEAST weekly and to no resolve. Not once did I get an incoming call from this vendor. Furthermore, in the end I was forced to accept the outfit with STAINS, OFF FIT, OFF DESIGN from my original order. It's not worth the hassle unless you have unlimited time and are willing to go to Edison 6 times before getting it half presentable...I had better luck with Silver Tulip in Edison and ordering online directly from India via Seasons.

• Wedding: 08/07/2010
1.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 2.0
  • Responsiveness: 1.0
  • Professionalism: 1.0
  • Value: 1.0
  • Flexibility: 1.0

I had a terrible experience with The Origin. I am getting married and I needed sari blouses made for my bridesmaids. The blouse cloth was a turquoise color and had flowers on it matching my sari. I took it to The Origin to have the blouse made. I opened the cloth to show them the flowers and asked that they be placed on the sleeves. The cloth was clean at that time. They measured my bridesmaid and insisted that I pay upfront before I received the blouse. I was a bit hesitant about this but the lady looked trustworthy so I went along with it. I came back a week later to pick up my bridesmaid's blouse and there were black marks all over my blouse. When I pointed out the stains and asked how they got on my blouse. The sales lady (a younger girl in her 20s) said that they must have already been on the cloth when I gave it to them. I know for a fact that there were no stains on the blouse b/c I examined it before I gave it to them. I also opened it for them to show them the flowers and where I wanted it placed on my blouse when I placed the order and there were no stains at that time. They refused to refund me or to try to get the stain out. I had no choice but to take it home as it was and I was able to get the stains out with stain remover but this should have never happened. I will never go to Om ever again and advise against anybody else from doing so. They are rude and have no customer service.

• Wedding: 07/31/2009
4.5/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

I found quality Indian bridal apparel at the Om the Origin that I could find nowhere else. My taste runs towards simpler clothing without heavy beadwork, and I was able to find an absolutely beautiful and elegant lehenga at Om the Origin with gorgeous, simple embroidery. The staff of the boutique are very helpful and knowledgeable, and they are able to sort through the hundreds of choices to point out selections that will appeal to your particular taste. You make your selection based upon the samples available at the store (the ladies at the store pin the samples to fit you so that you have a good idea of how they would look on you); the design you select is then ordered to your size from India. My selection arrived within a month; I then returned to the store to have it altered to fit my size exactly, which the ladies at the store expertly did.

Their merchandise is not inexpensive, but their prices are comparable to those of surrounding stores. If you have the necessary time to allow delivery from India, this store offers a good experience.

• Wedding: 06/07/2009
4.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

For Indian weddings, I really recommend Om The Origin on Oak Tree Road in Iselin NJ. They have many different designs and colors. You can choose any design you want, put it on any type of fabric you want and any color you want. They take your measurements at the store and phone up their shop in Mumbai and give in the order. The saris will arrive in about six weeks. If there is anything wrong, they send it back to you. The only disadvantage is that you have to get the blouse/choli piece stitched elsewhere. However, the quality of the sari and the fabric is superb. I bought two saris from this store for my pre-wedding ceremonies.

• Wedding: 05/21/2006
732-549-9499
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
2.6