Olde Mill Inn

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I cannot say enough wonderful things about OMI and Marien Barker. QUALITY OF SERVICE: Let me start off by we are getting married Nov2015 in the Washington Ballroom. Both of our families loved the historic significance of the place and the neatly kept landscape. We also love being the only event happening @ the time. RESPONSIVENESS: Marien has been a tremendous resource even before we officially signed! She is always a phone call or email away, and goes above and beyond to make sure you've got everything you need to be at ease. Because of this, OMI was literally the easiest and least stressful decision of our entire wedding process! PROFESSIONALISM: We were lucky enough to view the ballroom just before an evening wedding. The staff was dressed to the nines, very courteous, attentive, and allowed us to see the space as it might look on our big day. Stunning! VALUE: Hotel rooms, cocktail hour, dinner selections, etc. are *incredible* for the price you pay (plus, it's just your event!). FLEXIBILITY: We had some issues in securing our church which caused us to delay in booking our wedding date with OMI. The staff "held" the date for us for over a month (no money down!) and continued working with us to ensure the Washington Ballroom was ours. During that time, there was never any pressure from them to commit (maybe because they knew we were already sold!). In fact, they treated us like we were already part of the OMI family. I cannot wait for our wedding day with them!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had both our ceremony and reception at the Olde Mill in and IT WAS AMAZING! From every step of the planning process to the actual wedding day, the support we got from everyone was exemplary. We booked with Lindsay Stewart who is exceptional at her job. She always responds to emails and questions right away, and always had great suggestions for us in terms of planning. John Lietz was our Maitre D, and he was unsurpassed. On the day of the wedding, he had everything covered so the whole day went smoothly from ceremony to cocktail hour to reception. We didn't need a wedding planner there that day since he basically ran everything and it was perfect. He kept the timeline moving perfectly and really took any stress out of the day of for us, which was awesome!! We got so many rave reviews from all of our guests about the ceremony which ended up having to be inside due to rain but it was beautiful !!! The guests have all told us the food was delicious-- and the waitstaff were always friendly and willing to accommodate. We had a lot of guests from out of town also and the rooms were clean and beautiful, and the staff friendly and receptive. We really can't say enough about the Olde Mill Inn. If you want to have your wedding here you will not be disappointed!!!

Recently Married

Many have described The Olde Mill Inn as "perfect" and...it is!!! We had our wedding reception there on June 14 and not only did it meet all of our expectations - it surpassed them. It has been over 2 weeks and we are still hearing about how delicious the food was (specific mentions are below), how lovely the staff was, and how wonderful the stay was (many of our guests were out-of-towners). We definitely threw some unique needs at our (fantastic) Maitre D' (John Lietz) as this was our wedding celebration, which took place 1 year after our ceremony, so it was a little out of the ordinary. Also, I am fairly creative and had a wonderful florist help me carry out a design we created together, but he is not a local and there were 3 different table centerpiece designs. John took it in stride and made sure that he and the OMI staff did whatever they could to help!

From day one our experience was exceptional - Lindsay Stewart (sales) is so helpful; always responds to emails and goes above and beyond. John Lietz continued that responsiveness and willingness to help. Additionally, I communicated with the Front Desk Manager and team and they too were wonderful.

On the day of, the bridal ready room was very comfortable. John was attentive throughout the day and especially so at the cocktail hour and reception - making sure we ate and were happy with everything. He got everything to the suite or behind the front desk following the reception - there was no point in time where we had to remember or think of anything. He did it all! The suite was incredible!! We had an wind-down after-party, which the OMI offers in some cases, so we did not spend as much time in our room as we could have - but we could have happily lived there for awhile!

Recently Married

The Olde Mill Inn was PERFECT for our June wedding. I loved that it had the old, cozy feel of an inn with a gorgeous courtyard that we used during cocktail hour and for a brunch the next morning. Many of my guests have since raved about the food (especially the short ribs!) and how delicious everything was.

John and Lindsey were fantastic to work with in coordinating everything. They were very responsive and professional and made sure everything ran smoothly.

The best part, in my opinion, is that our guests had the option to get one of the inn's beautiful rooms and spend the night after the party. Many of us also walked over to the Grain House bar after the reception for the after party! That was an added bonus of fun at the end of the evening.

Definitely recommend. Wonderful, wonderful place for a special day.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had out wedding at the Grain House at Olde Mill Innand everything was absolutely beautiful! Amanda was truly a pleasure to work with and she did an amazing job making our reception a dream come true. We planned the wedding from Florida, so we did not officially meet Amanda until the Thursday before the wedding. However, she made it a point to reach out to us early so that we can iron out any questions or concerns in advance. She was fantastic about taking all of the decorations we gave her and used them perfectly throughout the space! The food was delicious, people are still talking about the French onion soup bowl appetizers!! Being a may wedding, it was a little pricey, but worth it!!

Olde Mill Inn responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for your review Katie!! It was a pleasure to host your wedding so thank you for choosing the Grain House! Your details were perfect for the shabby-chic rustic style wedding and we loved seeing it all come together! Please share photos with us when you get them from the photographer! Congratulations & best wishes to you and Chris!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Olde Mill Inn was the most amazing place to have our wedding. Marian and John could not have done a better job planning our special day with us. We loved the venue the moment we entered it, the ballroom was beautiful, we were able to have our ceremony outside. Our day was so magical, and it was mostly due to the Olde Mill Inn staff (John is an amazing maitre'd) helping create our dream wedding. Everyone who attended our wedding said the venue was beautiful, the food was great, and that it was the best wedding they have ever been to. We could not have asked for a better day and I would recommend the Olde Mill Inn to anyone.

Olde Mill Inn responded with the following comments:

Thank you Sarah! It was a pleasure to work with you and host your special day! We can't wait for you to visit!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I can't say enough about the Olde Mill Inn. Our wedding was May 23rd and it was beyond everything I could.have dreamed of. Lindsay Smillie and Amanda Virga were amazing. Amanda was with us every step of the way and at our reception making sure everything ran smooth. The staff was great and very attentive. The food was excellent!!! People are saying it was the best wedding they have ever been too!! It was so special and I wouldnt have changed a thing!!

Olde Mill Inn responded with the following comments:

Thank you thank you thank you! It was our pleasure to work with you and hope that you come visit soon! Congratulations again & we wish you all the best!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I saw this venue in a magazine, went to see it immediately, and booked it before looking at any others. I originally wanted to get married in a barn for a rustic type wedding, despite my fathers unenthusiastic reaction, but then quickly realized it would be a lot of work. The Hunt Room at the Olde Mill Inn was the perfect place for the rustic/antique/vintage feel I was looking for, plus amazing food and amazing service. We also had the ceremony there, outside, near the gazebo. I've had friends that gave me all of these warnings about how things never work out perfectly and to not stress and just enjoy everything. Despite some microphone issues with our officiant, everything was perfect. Amanda Virga, our Maitre d, took great care in making sure us and our guests were happy. Our guests loved the food, and the accommodations. It was extremely convenient having the hotel at the site. We stayed in the suite, which was perfect for all of my girls to get ready in. Luckily for us, it didn't rain, and we were able to take beautiful photos on the premises. It truly was a stress free day.

Olde Mill Inn responded with the following comments:

Thank you for this lovely review!! We truly enjoyed working with you and celebrating your special day with you! Thank you for choosing the Grain House for your wedding!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

In a world where wedding planning seems to have become formulaic and commercialized, our experience with the Grain House broke the mold. Lindsay Stewart and Amanda Virga listened to us, helped us plan and perfectly execute the small wedding we envisioned. Some of our 47 guest described our event as "the best wedding" they have ever been to, "simple, elegant and warm," "perfect" "the food was incredible." Lindsay (our director of social sales) and Amanda (our Maitre D') responded to our concerns and questions immediately via email, which took away a lot of the stress of planning. One of the many benefits of having a wedding at the Olde Mill Inn/Grain House Restaurant is that you can have a small affair (we only had to guarantee 30 guests) and still get the "A list" treatment. You can also opt for a much bigger wedding. You can make it as simple or as extravagant as you want. The options are limitless. Another really great thing is that your out of town guests will have a nice, convenient place to stay. We plan to come back every year for our anniversary. We plan to order the fried calamari as we didn't get to sample it during the cocktail hour, and we heard it was amazing!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I just got married there this past Friday 4/24/15. We worked with Mr. John Lietz (our maitre d). I honestly don't have the words to adequately describe how incredible our wedding was. Right down to the minute detail.

John was amazing to work with. Easy going, down to earth and fun to work with. I am a bit of a control freak and have a very difficult time not worrying or organizing things and when I tell you that he kept me cool, calm, and relaxed and I never had to lift a finger or micromanage a THING, I would not be lying. Every time I needed him he would pop up like a magician and ask us what he could do for us. Just to give you an idea on the level of service - we had brought up a unity candle for our ceremony and during sometime while we transported it to our room, it broke. I hadn't noticed. John went ahead and replaced it no questions asked. He thought of things that I didn't even consider and covered it all. He never stopped moving and worked his butt off to coordinate with all our vendors. A true pleasure!

Our guests are raving days later on how delicious the food was! The decor and lighting for our night time wedding was unbelievably beautiful. It's simple yet top notch. We had a large wedding of 215 guests and every single person that stopped me RAVED about the layout and the food!

The olde mill inn is so elegant and classy and they are so accommodating. The bridal suite is ENORMOUS and easily accommodated my bridal party of 10 girls plus stylists.

The grounds make for beautiful photos and the courtyard is a lovely backdrop for your ceremony.

Their hotel staff (concierge, housekeeping) were so honest. They found a pair of expensive pearl earrings in one of our guests rooms and notified us right away.

You would be a FOOL not to book your affair with them. If I could give a 1,000 stars I would.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

There are no words that can truly express how wonderful the Olde Mill Inn was on our wedding day. From our initial booking with Lindsay Stewart to John Lietz, our maitre d on our wedding day, and everyone in between, the staff of the Olde Mill Inn went above and beyond to make sure our wedding day was flawless. The food was delicious and plentiful, and the venue was gorgeous. The staff even made sure that our parents were taken care of and had everything they needed. Even when the forecast called for rain on our wedding day, John let us wait to the last minute to decide whether to get married in the courtyard or the ballroom. Fortunately, the weather held off, and we had a gorgeous ceremony outside in the courtyard. We received so many compliments on the Olde Mill Inn including if we can get married again next year so our guests can go to another wedding at the Olde Mill Inn. I recommend the Olde Mill Inn to anyone and everyone I know who is getting married. You won't regret having your wedding there!

1 Review
Recently Married

The Olde Mill Inn was an absolutely incredible venue for our wedding. I worked with Lindsay and Amanda, who were both extremely responsive and accommodating during planning. I don't think it ever took more than 1 day to get a response back to my questions. During the wedding, Amanda checked in on me constantly - asking me how I was feeling, bringing me drinks and plates of food, reminding me to eat when she could see I was getting too busy talking to guests.

I chose this venue because I got a very warm and homey feeling from it during my tour and have absolutely no regrets - everyone was so nice and flexible the whole time! In addition, my out of town guests were able to stay in the hotel the night before and had a great experience.

Recently Married

My husband and I recently had our reception at The Grain House restaurant, which is part of the Olde Mill Inn and we are so happy to have celebrated there with our family and friends. Lindsey Stewart was our sales rep and answered all concerns and questions when booking in a friendly and professional manner. There was no pushiness, no judgements, just an agreeableness and desire to help put together our day as we wished.
Our wedding was half Latin and half American and the fact that the staff spoke English and Spanish was a huge plus. Both our families felt comfortable making requests during the reception.
Amanda Virga was our maitre d' and she went above and beyond to make sure the particulars of my table setting were how I envisioned them. She is also another personable and professional person to work with at The Olde Mill Inn. So happy to have her help during the planning and day of the reception.
Lastly, and a pretty important aspect is the food! It is absolutely delicious! The food during cocktail hour was both creative, international and so tasty. Even if you go with the classic package, you will not be disappointed. There are so many wonderful choices! Dinner is just as great, but cocktail hour was my favorite. :)

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I rarely if ever use the word perfect to describe anything...however, our wedding was on 3/21/15 in The Hunt Room at The Grain House and it was just that. Our ceremony was at our church. From the start, their service was impeccable & personal. Lindsey Smillie was our coordinator &Amanda Virga was our maitre'd. They were outstanding! Thank you both again! They not only answered any question or concern in depth but promptly! My then fiance & I even stopped in for lunch once without an appointment (just because the food is amazing)! We saw another wedding getting ready & the father of the groom needed thread...before you could finish the thought another maitre'd was there to help him. We were very impressed and confident that we had made the right choice in choosing The OMI because it is a unique setting (not a stale wedding venue) and yet a highly experienced one in which your wedding needs (from day one... till the day of) will be met! Back to the food...delicious & as my parents said constantly replenished. Both my husband's parents & mine had been to a lot of weddings(including our siblings' weddings) as had their friends, they all said that this was one of the best cocktail hours they have ever been to and that dinner was the best they had ever had. Our friends said they'd never actually enjoyed a wedding entree till our OMI wedding. I am happy to say that my husband and I got to relax, dance and EAT at our wedding,it was all fantastic! There are unique options & traditional. I'll also add that the Hunt Room was an ideal setting for us. We wanted an intimate feel &, without asking, our families told us how much they loved the room. They said it had a great flow unlike a hall that breaks up the dance floor & bar. Instead, the space invites everyone to mingle together whetheryou are in to dancing or prefer not to. Before I go I want to also say that we had added on the breakfast reception (yum french toast) and even that was special. Our dreams became reality!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

There are not enough nice things that we can say about the Olde Mill Inn. My husband and I were married there early last month, and we STILL have people talking about how amazing and fun our wedding was. We had the pleasure of working with John Lietz, who made what could have been an extremely stressful occasion anything but. As our maitre d', he and the entire staff from the initial meeting, to the planning stages, to the actual execution made everything easy, special, and memorable. They have great ideas, but they also listen to yours as well. They treat your wedding as though it's the only one that matters. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect place to have our big day.

P.S. The food is AMAZING!!! Their cocktail hour alone was better than any other wedding venue's entire night's offering.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything was beautiful!! The food was fantastic! And all of my guests complimented us on the service there.