Olde Mill Inn

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I cannot say enough wonderful things about OMI and Marien Barker. QUALITY OF SERVICE: Let me start off by we are getting married Nov2015 in the Washington Ballroom. Both of our families loved the historic significance of the place and the neatly kept landscape. We also love being the only event happening @ the time. RESPONSIVENESS: Marien has been a tremendous resource even before we officially signed! She is always a phone call or email away, and goes above and beyond to make sure you've got everything you need to be at ease. Because of this, OMI was literally the easiest and least stressful decision of our entire wedding process! PROFESSIONALISM: We were lucky enough to view the ballroom just before an evening wedding. The staff was dressed to the nines, very courteous, attentive, and allowed us to see the space as it might look on our big day. Stunning! VALUE: Hotel rooms, cocktail hour, dinner selections, etc. are *incredible* for the price you pay (plus, it's just your event!). FLEXIBILITY: We had some issues in securing our church which caused us to delay in booking our wedding date with OMI. The staff "held" the date for us for over a month (no money down!) and continued working with us to ensure the Washington Ballroom was ours. During that time, there was never any pressure from them to commit (maybe because they knew we were already sold!). In fact, they treated us like we were already part of the OMI family. I cannot wait for our wedding day with them!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything was beautiful!! The food was fantastic! And all of my guests complimented us on the service there.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We just got married on January 18th at the Olde Mill Inn and we could not be happier! From the moment we first contacted them, they were incredible. Lindsey was wonderful to work with and was very responsive. We had a million questions and she was very patient and professional. It was important to us to have our dog be part of the ceremony, although the venue is not dog friendly they made an exception. They even allowed our dog to stay at the venue for the entire wedding weekend. Our maitre d, John, was fabulous. He was in constant contact with us and made our wedding experience truly wonderful. Our wedding was absolutely perfect. It was money well spent, we were able to hand off everything to the staff and they came through. The entire weekend was seamless. All of our guests said that it was by far the best wedding they have ever been to. This venue does a lot of weddings, and they are excellent at it. It was refreshing to find a venue that does a lot of weddings, yet does not have the "wedding factory" feel. We were treated like royalty for the entire weekend, from the second we walked in to the moment we left. They catered to our every need, as well as the needs of our guests. Do yourself a favor and book this venue!!!

Recently Married

My husband and I had such a great experience working with the Olde Mill Inn for our winter wedding day! We dealt with Lindsay Stewart in the beginning and she was always kind and helpful and responded to our questions thoroughly and quickly. Our maitre'd was Amanda and she was just awesome. She made sure she understood everything that we wanted and that everything was organized and perfect. I was so calm the day of our wedding as I knew she had everything handled. We had a few guests in wheelchairs and although they don't have elevators, they were so accommodating to make sure everyone got around safely. We have received so many compliments on how delicious the food was from the cocktail hour to the dinners, how nice and attentive the staff was (especially one waitress who helped my grandma and her friends who don't get around easily with everything that they needed! thank you!), and everyone loved the feel of the venue. We couldn't be happier with how our day went and we are so glad we decided to have our wedding at the Grain House. It was everything we had wanted!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

John & Sophia would like to let you know that our experience with the personnel and venue at the Olde Mill Inn & Grain House was truly exceptional. We had a limited time to plan our wedding, and every expectation we had was 100% exceeded. Amanda Virga did a tremendous job of managing every aspect of the wedding, and made us feel very comfortable that we had no reason to worry about the finer details for our big day--she took care of EVERYTHING. The venue was stunning, the food was delicious, and the service was second-to-none. I recommend both Amanda and Marien to anyone looking to have the wedding of a lifetime. A beautiful Christmas wedding started as a figment of our imaginations and became an incredible reality because of the great work Amanda and Marien did for us. From customizing the menu, to collaborating on the decorating details, we simply couldn't have asked for more.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue is beautiful and classy. The staff is friendly and went above and beyond. The food is outstanding and we had compliments all night. We know a bunch of people who used this venue before and will now that they've been to our wedding. I can't say enough good things about this place and the people who worked with us.

Olde Mill Inn responded with the following comments:

It was a real pleasure to work with you as well! Thank you for choosing the Grain House for your winter holiday wedding as we were honored to celebrate with you and your guests! Wishing you a happy new year & wonderful new journey!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

THANK YOU AMANDA VIRGA, CATHERINE COTTER, CHUCK RUSSO, and JIM BONKOSKY for helping me coordinate the PERFECT Winter Wonderland Wedding! I had a distinct vision for how I wanted the Hunt room to look…rather than it being a typical wedding reception space, I wanted to transform it into a magical winter forest. My florist, Catherine, from Somerset Hills, did a BEAUTIFUL job creating dramatic centerpieces of white birch branches with crystals, surrounded by white hydrangeas and candles on top of a mirror to maximize the sparkle. I worked closely with my DJ Chuck Russo and Jim from JB Lighting Production, (917) 834-1902, to create the optimum lighting for the space. Jim kept all of the bright overhead lights off and used uplighting to bathe the room in a cool blue wintery light. This look greatly enhanced the atmosphere…attention, future brides: uplighting is worth the cost! Jim also projected snowflakes onto the dance floor and our name onto the wall across from the DJ booth. Chuck Russo is the BEST DJ EVER! My wedding was the ultimate dance party thanks to him! And I couldn't have asked for a more amazing maître d'--Amanda Virga was so helpful, accommodating, communicative, responsible, organized, and sweet! Before the wedding, she was constantly in touch with me making sure all of my questions were answered and that everything was set for my big day. She made sure the slideshow worked in advance so that it ran smoothly during cocktail hour the day of. She allowed us to drop all of our hotel favors, wedding favors, photographs, cake topper, etc. off the week before so that we weren't as stressed in the last few days leading up to the wedding. She made sure I was happy with the signature drink and did a WONDERFUL job displaying all of the flowers from the church on the Christmas trees on either side of our sweetheart table! She even helped bustle my dress! The entire wedding flowed so smoothly thanks to Amanda! She made me feel like a queen!

Olde Mill Inn responded with the following comments:

Hi Katy & Kevin! I've got to say, that was an amazing transformation of the Hunt Room into a winter wonderland - we think your vision was gorgeous!! Thank you for all the compliments of the ambiance and Amanda! We can't thank you enough for choosing our venue for your wedding and we wish you both all the best! Send us some photos and please visit us soon!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Olde Mill Inn was amazing and our Maitre'D, Amanda, assisted us every step of the way. From when I arrived at the hotel the night before my wedding, the staff made me feel so calm and relaxed. The Olde Mill Inn was so accommodating to all of our needs and made the day go super smooth. The hotel was beautiful and all of our guests had nothing but great things to say! Kevin and I couldn't have asked for a more magical wedding. It was truly a dream come true. Most people warned us that weddings never go smoothly and there's bound to be problems, but I have to say, The Olde Mill Inn made it absolutely perfect. The food was stellar, the ambiance was exactly what I imagined, and the Hunt Room was decorated beautifully. We really couldn't have asked for anything better. Thank you for making our wedding a wonderful and memorable event.

Olde Mill Inn responded with the following comments:

Thank you for hosting your wedding at the Grain House and for all your kind words! Our mission is to make every wedding magical, perfect & memorable - so it's very special to us when we receive these compliments! We wish you all the best and hope to have you visit in the future! Happy Holidays!

Recently Married

My wedding was absolutely perfect thanks to Amanda, and all of the Olde Mill Inn staff. I got so many compliments on not only how beautiful the place was, but how amazing the food was as well! I had no worries on the day of my wedding and I believe that is the most important part.

Olde Mill Inn responded with the following comments:

On behalf of Amanda and the staff, thank you for your review of the food, venue & service!! It was a pleasure to work with you and an honor to host you and your guests on your wedding day! All the best!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

After attending numerous weddings over the last few years, my now husband and I knew exactly what we were looking for in a wedding venue. When we visited the Olde Mill Inn, the warm, cozy, intimate feel of the ballroom was coupled with the convenience of the hotel rooms upstairs from the event space. Add to that a winter discounted price and the most lovely Christmas decor and we were sold!

At the OMI, you are assigned a maitre d' to work with on all details leading up to your wedding. In working with Amanda, quite simply, she was the best. Her level of responsiveness leading up to the event was extraordinary (often replying within minutes!) and her upbeat personality made even the most tedious of tasks more pleasant. She made sure that our every need was attended to, often anticipating them before we even knew of them. Her expertise in all things wedding related was evident and the day could not have been nearly as smooth without her being there!

While nothing makes cutting the checks to vendors any less painful, I can confidently say that the Olde Mill Inn was worth EVERY penny.

Olde Mill Inn responded with the following comments:

Thank you Stacey & Matthew and Congratulations!! Words can express how much we appreciate this glowing review of your experience and Amanda! We love that you got to see us during the holidays with all the beautiful decor and we would love to see some of your wedding photos when you get them! We wish you all the best in your new life together! :)

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My husband and I had our wedding at the Olde Mill Inn on November 15, 2014 in the Washington Ballroom. Our ceremony took place off-site but we spent the night before our wedding the the Olde Mill and each got ready there with our bridal parties.

We had the absolute pleasure of working with Marien throughout the entire process of booking and planning our wedding. Marien also served as the Maitre D' on our wedding day. Marien went above and beyond for us throughout the entire process and most especially on our wedding day. She handled every detail, anticipated our needs, took care of all of families and friends so we could enjoy every moment of our day. While we were at our ceremony, Marien personally set up every detail of our wedding from the place cards to the family photos. Every single detail was meticulously put together and reflected everything we had discussed during the planning process.To say she is fantastic would be an understatement.

We have received countless compliments on the Olde Mill Inn, most of them from guests telling us our wedding was the best wedding they have ever been too. We have received rave reviews about the beauty of the hotel (enough accommodations for all of our overnight guests), the incredible service received by every staff member at the Olde Mill and most especially the FOOD. Guests were raving all night about the cocktail hour (the most incredible spread I have personally seen at a wedding) and the dinner and have not stopped commenting on how delicious everything was.

The Olde Mill Inn is truly a special place. My husband and I knew from the minute we toured the Olde Mill that we had to have our wedding there and it did not disappoint. Marien and every staff member who worked our wedding cared only about one thing: making sure it was the best night of our lives. And it was!! We are so grateful and so proud to have had our wedding at the Olde Mill Inn. They made our dreams come true!!

Olde Mill Inn responded with the following comments:

On behalf of Marien and the entire staff, thank you thank you thank you for this amazing review!! We are so greatful to you for choosing the Olde Mill Inn and then raving about your experience!! "Best Wedding Ever" is the best compliment from you and your guests and it truly means so much! We are so lucky to have been a part of making your dream wedding come together! Please visit us soon and send photos :) All the best in your new marriage - Congratulations!

Bennifer70
10/26/2014

From our first visit, we knew the Hunt Room at the Olde Mill Inn and Grain House was for us. The hotel made for a reasonably priced and comfortable stay for our out of town guests. The food was excellent, not a single complaint about too little, too salty, too... I would recommend going to the tasting! You can get a good idea of what you want served. We were assigned to Amanda and we can't compliment her enough! She answered email questions almost immediately, with accurate information and answers. Amanda is personable, professional, and organized...all the things you want in a point person, on your wedding day. We had a dream wedding in the hunt room, we look forward to going to the Grain House for our anniversary every year!

Olde Mill Inn responded with the following comments:

Thank you for your review of your Grain House Wedding! We can't thank you enough for all the kinds words about the food, venue, and service!! We were honored to host your special day & look forward to celebrating anniversaries with you at the Grain House Restaurant! :)
Wishing you all the best!

Recently Married

PERFECT! PERFECT! PERFECT! We had to change venues 3 months before our wedding and our officiant , Celia Milton, recommended The Olde Mill Inn. From our first meeting with Lindsey Smilie, we knew we found a gem. Our Maitre'd was Amanda Virga. She is absolutely wonderful, professional, responsive, caring, and answered all of my questions before I could even ask them! The staff - from the bartender, servers, housekeeping to front desk are all incredibly nice and so accomodating. The food was outstanding. Our guests could not stop raving about the qualiy of the food. The rooms were immaculate. Our suite was a dream! We only had 50 guests but received the same care and attention as if we had 300. I can't say enough. If you're looking for an unimaginable wedding day, look no further than The Olde Mill Inn. Our wedding was simply the best day of our lives!

Olde Mill Inn responded with the following comments:

WOW what a wonderful review!! On behalf of the entire staff who helped create this perfect day, we can't thank you enough for the kudos!! Each wedding we get to be a part of, small or large, is special to us! Congratulations and all the best! Please come visit us soon!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I got married here on October 24, 2014 and couldnt have picked a better place. Everything was great from my Outdoor ceremony, to cocktail hour and Reception. Everyone loved the food and the decor. Lindsay Stewart, whom we booked our wedding with was a sweetheart. Always responsive to ALL my many questions throughout the year of planning. Our Maitre 'd, John Lietz made everything go smoothly on our day, something I was so worried about. He was on point and I didnt think about a thing all night ! Plus he was a fun guy !

Olde Mill Inn responded with the following comments:

Thank you Maureen for choosing the Olde Mill Inn to host your wedding day! It was a pleasure working with you throughout the planning and making your wedding day a memorable event for you, your family & friends!
Sincerely,
Lindsay Stewart

Brooke
10/12/2014

Everyone at the Olde Mill Inn is so helpful! Te venue is beautiful and has everything you need to have a great wedding. I still get compliments about how good the food was. Amanda was our maitre de and she answered every question we had and made sure our wedding date was amazing!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

John Lietz and Marien Barker were great to work with. We got married October 10, 2014 and are still getting compliments on how great the wedding was and how great the food was. John made everything run perfect that night. Wish we could have another wedding there! We had a great time and we were sad when the night ended.