Olde Mill Inn

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I cannot say enough wonderful things about OMI and Marien Barker. QUALITY OF SERVICE: Let me start off by we are getting married Nov2015 in the Washington Ballroom. Both of our families loved the historic significance of the place and the neatly kept landscape. We also love being the only event happening @ the time. RESPONSIVENESS: Marien has been a tremendous resource even before we officially signed! She is always a phone call or email away, and goes above and beyond to make sure you've got everything you need to be at ease. Because of this, OMI was literally the easiest and least stressful decision of our entire wedding process! PROFESSIONALISM: We were lucky enough to view the ballroom just before an evening wedding. The staff was dressed to the nines, very courteous, attentive, and allowed us to see the space as it might look on our big day. Stunning! VALUE: Hotel rooms, cocktail hour, dinner selections, etc. are *incredible* for the price you pay (plus, it's just your event!). FLEXIBILITY: We had some issues in securing our church which caused us to delay in booking our wedding date with OMI. The staff "held" the date for us for over a month (no money down!) and continued working with us to ensure the Washington Ballroom was ours. During that time, there was never any pressure from them to commit (maybe because they knew we were already sold!). In fact, they treated us like we were already part of the OMI family. I cannot wait for our wedding day with them!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

In a world where wedding planning seems to have become formulaic and commercialized, our experience with the Grain House broke the mold. Lindsay Stewart and Amanda Virga listened to us, helped us plan and perfectly execute the small wedding we envisioned. Some of our 47 guest described our event as "the best wedding" they have ever been to, "simple, elegant and warm," "perfect" "the food was incredible." Lindsay (our director of social sales) and Amanda (our Maitre D') responded to our concerns and questions immediately via email, which took away a lot of the stress of planning. One of the many benefits of having a wedding at the Olde Mill Inn/Grain House Restaurant is that you can have a small affair (we only had to guarantee 30 guests) and still get the "A list" treatment. You can also opt for a much bigger wedding. You can make it as simple or as extravagant as you want. The options are limitless. Another really great thing is that your out of town guests will have a nice, convenient place to stay. We plan to come back every year for our anniversary. We plan to order the fried calamari as we didn't get to sample it during the cocktail hour, and we heard it was amazing!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I just got married there this past Friday 4/24/15. We worked with Mr. John Lietz (our maitre d). I honestly don't have the words to adequately describe how incredible our wedding was. Right down to the minute detail.

John was amazing to work with. Easy going, down to earth and fun to work with. I am a bit of a control freak and have a very difficult time not worrying or organizing things and when I tell you that he kept me cool, calm, and relaxed and I never had to lift a finger or micromanage a THING, I would not be lying. Every time I needed him he would pop up like a magician and ask us what he could do for us. Just to give you an idea on the level of service - we had brought up a unity candle for our ceremony and during sometime while we transported it to our room, it broke. I hadn't noticed. John went ahead and replaced it no questions asked. He thought of things that I didn't even consider and covered it all. He never stopped moving and worked his butt off to coordinate with all our vendors. A true pleasure!

Our guests are raving days later on how delicious the food was! The decor and lighting for our night time wedding was unbelievably beautiful. It's simple yet top notch. We had a large wedding of 215 guests and every single person that stopped me RAVED about the layout and the food!

The olde mill inn is so elegant and classy and they are so accommodating. The bridal suite is ENORMOUS and easily accommodated my bridal party of 10 girls plus stylists.

The grounds make for beautiful photos and the courtyard is a lovely backdrop for your ceremony.

Their hotel staff (concierge, housekeeping) were so honest. They found a pair of expensive pearl earrings in one of our guests rooms and notified us right away.

You would be a FOOL not to book your affair with them. If I could give a 1,000 stars I would.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

There are no words that can truly express how wonderful the Olde Mill Inn was on our wedding day. From our initial booking with Lindsay Stewart to John Lietz, our maitre d on our wedding day, and everyone in between, the staff of the Olde Mill Inn went above and beyond to make sure our wedding day was flawless. The food was delicious and plentiful, and the venue was gorgeous. The staff even made sure that our parents were taken care of and had everything they needed. Even when the forecast called for rain on our wedding day, John let us wait to the last minute to decide whether to get married in the courtyard or the ballroom. Fortunately, the weather held off, and we had a gorgeous ceremony outside in the courtyard. We received so many compliments on the Olde Mill Inn including if we can get married again next year so our guests can go to another wedding at the Olde Mill Inn. I recommend the Olde Mill Inn to anyone and everyone I know who is getting married. You won't regret having your wedding there!

1 Review
Recently Married

The Olde Mill Inn was an absolutely incredible venue for our wedding. I worked with Lindsay and Amanda, who were both extremely responsive and accommodating during planning. I don't think it ever took more than 1 day to get a response back to my questions. During the wedding, Amanda checked in on me constantly - asking me how I was feeling, bringing me drinks and plates of food, reminding me to eat when she could see I was getting too busy talking to guests.

I chose this venue because I got a very warm and homey feeling from it during my tour and have absolutely no regrets - everyone was so nice and flexible the whole time! In addition, my out of town guests were able to stay in the hotel the night before and had a great experience.

Recently Married

My husband and I recently had our reception at The Grain House restaurant, which is part of the Olde Mill Inn and we are so happy to have celebrated there with our family and friends. Lindsey Stewart was our sales rep and answered all concerns and questions when booking in a friendly and professional manner. There was no pushiness, no judgements, just an agreeableness and desire to help put together our day as we wished.
Our wedding was half Latin and half American and the fact that the staff spoke English and Spanish was a huge plus. Both our families felt comfortable making requests during the reception.
Amanda Virga was our maitre d' and she went above and beyond to make sure the particulars of my table setting were how I envisioned them. She is also another personable and professional person to work with at The Olde Mill Inn. So happy to have her help during the planning and day of the reception.
Lastly, and a pretty important aspect is the food! It is absolutely delicious! The food during cocktail hour was both creative, international and so tasty. Even if you go with the classic package, you will not be disappointed. There are so many wonderful choices! Dinner is just as great, but cocktail hour was my favorite. :)

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I rarely if ever use the word perfect to describe anything...however, our wedding was on 3/21/15 in The Hunt Room at The Grain House and it was just that. Our ceremony was at our church. From the start, their service was impeccable & personal. Lindsey Smillie was our coordinator &Amanda Virga was our maitre'd. They were outstanding! Thank you both again! They not only answered any question or concern in depth but promptly! My then fiance & I even stopped in for lunch once without an appointment (just because the food is amazing)! We saw another wedding getting ready & the father of the groom needed thread...before you could finish the thought another maitre'd was there to help him. We were very impressed and confident that we had made the right choice in choosing The OMI because it is a unique setting (not a stale wedding venue) and yet a highly experienced one in which your wedding needs (from day one... till the day of) will be met! Back to the food...delicious & as my parents said constantly replenished. Both my husband's parents & mine had been to a lot of weddings(including our siblings' weddings) as had their friends, they all said that this was one of the best cocktail hours they have ever been to and that dinner was the best they had ever had. Our friends said they'd never actually enjoyed a wedding entree till our OMI wedding. I am happy to say that my husband and I got to relax, dance and EAT at our wedding,it was all fantastic! There are unique options & traditional. I'll also add that the Hunt Room was an ideal setting for us. We wanted an intimate feel &, without asking, our families told us how much they loved the room. They said it had a great flow unlike a hall that breaks up the dance floor & bar. Instead, the space invites everyone to mingle together whetheryou are in to dancing or prefer not to. Before I go I want to also say that we had added on the breakfast reception (yum french toast) and even that was special. Our dreams became reality!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

There are not enough nice things that we can say about the Olde Mill Inn. My husband and I were married there early last month, and we STILL have people talking about how amazing and fun our wedding was. We had the pleasure of working with John Lietz, who made what could have been an extremely stressful occasion anything but. As our maitre d', he and the entire staff from the initial meeting, to the planning stages, to the actual execution made everything easy, special, and memorable. They have great ideas, but they also listen to yours as well. They treat your wedding as though it's the only one that matters. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect place to have our big day.

P.S. The food is AMAZING!!! Their cocktail hour alone was better than any other wedding venue's entire night's offering.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything was beautiful!! The food was fantastic! And all of my guests complimented us on the service there.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We just got married on January 18th at the Olde Mill Inn and we could not be happier! From the moment we first contacted them, they were incredible. Lindsey was wonderful to work with and was very responsive. We had a million questions and she was very patient and professional. It was important to us to have our dog be part of the ceremony, although the venue is not dog friendly they made an exception. They even allowed our dog to stay at the venue for the entire wedding weekend. Our maitre d, John, was fabulous. He was in constant contact with us and made our wedding experience truly wonderful. Our wedding was absolutely perfect. It was money well spent, we were able to hand off everything to the staff and they came through. The entire weekend was seamless. All of our guests said that it was by far the best wedding they have ever been to. This venue does a lot of weddings, and they are excellent at it. It was refreshing to find a venue that does a lot of weddings, yet does not have the "wedding factory" feel. We were treated like royalty for the entire weekend, from the second we walked in to the moment we left. They catered to our every need, as well as the needs of our guests. Do yourself a favor and book this venue!!!

Recently Married

My husband and I had such a great experience working with the Olde Mill Inn for our winter wedding day! We dealt with Lindsay Stewart in the beginning and she was always kind and helpful and responded to our questions thoroughly and quickly. Our maitre'd was Amanda and she was just awesome. She made sure she understood everything that we wanted and that everything was organized and perfect. I was so calm the day of our wedding as I knew she had everything handled. We had a few guests in wheelchairs and although they don't have elevators, they were so accommodating to make sure everyone got around safely. We have received so many compliments on how delicious the food was from the cocktail hour to the dinners, how nice and attentive the staff was (especially one waitress who helped my grandma and her friends who don't get around easily with everything that they needed! thank you!), and everyone loved the feel of the venue. We couldn't be happier with how our day went and we are so glad we decided to have our wedding at the Grain House. It was everything we had wanted!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

John & Sophia would like to let you know that our experience with the personnel and venue at the Olde Mill Inn & Grain House was truly exceptional. We had a limited time to plan our wedding, and every expectation we had was 100% exceeded. Amanda Virga did a tremendous job of managing every aspect of the wedding, and made us feel very comfortable that we had no reason to worry about the finer details for our big day--she took care of EVERYTHING. The venue was stunning, the food was delicious, and the service was second-to-none. I recommend both Amanda and Marien to anyone looking to have the wedding of a lifetime. A beautiful Christmas wedding started as a figment of our imaginations and became an incredible reality because of the great work Amanda and Marien did for us. From customizing the menu, to collaborating on the decorating details, we simply couldn't have asked for more.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue is beautiful and classy. The staff is friendly and went above and beyond. The food is outstanding and we had compliments all night. We know a bunch of people who used this venue before and will now that they've been to our wedding. I can't say enough good things about this place and the people who worked with us.

Olde Mill Inn responded with the following comments:

It was a real pleasure to work with you as well! Thank you for choosing the Grain House for your winter holiday wedding as we were honored to celebrate with you and your guests! Wishing you a happy new year & wonderful new journey!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

THANK YOU AMANDA VIRGA, CATHERINE COTTER, CHUCK RUSSO, and JIM BONKOSKY for helping me coordinate the PERFECT Winter Wonderland Wedding! I had a distinct vision for how I wanted the Hunt room to look…rather than it being a typical wedding reception space, I wanted to transform it into a magical winter forest. My florist, Catherine, from Somerset Hills, did a BEAUTIFUL job creating dramatic centerpieces of white birch branches with crystals, surrounded by white hydrangeas and candles on top of a mirror to maximize the sparkle. I worked closely with my DJ Chuck Russo and Jim from JB Lighting Production, (917) 834-1902, to create the optimum lighting for the space. Jim kept all of the bright overhead lights off and used uplighting to bathe the room in a cool blue wintery light. This look greatly enhanced the atmosphere…attention, future brides: uplighting is worth the cost! Jim also projected snowflakes onto the dance floor and our name onto the wall across from the DJ booth. Chuck Russo is the BEST DJ EVER! My wedding was the ultimate dance party thanks to him! And I couldn't have asked for a more amazing maître d'--Amanda Virga was so helpful, accommodating, communicative, responsible, organized, and sweet! Before the wedding, she was constantly in touch with me making sure all of my questions were answered and that everything was set for my big day. She made sure the slideshow worked in advance so that it ran smoothly during cocktail hour the day of. She allowed us to drop all of our hotel favors, wedding favors, photographs, cake topper, etc. off the week before so that we weren't as stressed in the last few days leading up to the wedding. She made sure I was happy with the signature drink and did a WONDERFUL job displaying all of the flowers from the church on the Christmas trees on either side of our sweetheart table! She even helped bustle my dress! The entire wedding flowed so smoothly thanks to Amanda! She made me feel like a queen!

Olde Mill Inn responded with the following comments:

Hi Katy & Kevin! I've got to say, that was an amazing transformation of the Hunt Room into a winter wonderland - we think your vision was gorgeous!! Thank you for all the compliments of the ambiance and Amanda! We can't thank you enough for choosing our venue for your wedding and we wish you both all the best! Send us some photos and please visit us soon!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Olde Mill Inn was amazing and our Maitre'D, Amanda, assisted us every step of the way. From when I arrived at the hotel the night before my wedding, the staff made me feel so calm and relaxed. The Olde Mill Inn was so accommodating to all of our needs and made the day go super smooth. The hotel was beautiful and all of our guests had nothing but great things to say! Kevin and I couldn't have asked for a more magical wedding. It was truly a dream come true. Most people warned us that weddings never go smoothly and there's bound to be problems, but I have to say, The Olde Mill Inn made it absolutely perfect. The food was stellar, the ambiance was exactly what I imagined, and the Hunt Room was decorated beautifully. We really couldn't have asked for anything better. Thank you for making our wedding a wonderful and memorable event.

Olde Mill Inn responded with the following comments:

Thank you for hosting your wedding at the Grain House and for all your kind words! Our mission is to make every wedding magical, perfect & memorable - so it's very special to us when we receive these compliments! We wish you all the best and hope to have you visit in the future! Happy Holidays!

Recently Married

My wedding was absolutely perfect thanks to Amanda, and all of the Olde Mill Inn staff. I got so many compliments on not only how beautiful the place was, but how amazing the food was as well! I had no worries on the day of my wedding and I believe that is the most important part.

Olde Mill Inn responded with the following comments:

On behalf of Amanda and the staff, thank you for your review of the food, venue & service!! It was a pleasure to work with you and an honor to host you and your guests on your wedding day! All the best!