Olde Mill Inn

Value:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

John & Sophia would like to let you know that our experience with the personnel and venue at the Olde Mill Inn & Grain House was truly exceptional. We had a limited time to plan our wedding, and every expectation we had was 100% exceeded. Amanda Virga did a tremendous job of managing every aspect of the wedding, and made us feel very comfortable that we had no reason to worry about the finer details for our big day--she took care of EVERYTHING. The venue was stunning, the food was delicious, and the service was second-to-none. I recommend both Amanda and Marien to anyone looking to have the wedding of a lifetime. A beautiful Christmas wedding started as a figment of our imaginations and became an incredible reality because of the great work Amanda and Marien did for us. From customizing the menu, to collaborating on the decorating details, we simply couldn't have asked for more.

• Wedding: 12/27/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This venue is beautiful and classy. The staff is friendly and went above and beyond. The food is outstanding and we had compliments all night. We know a bunch of people who used this venue before and will now that they've been to our wedding. I can't say enough good things about this place and the people who worked with us.

Olde Mill Inn responded with the following comments:

It was a real pleasure to work with you as well! Thank you for choosing the Grain House for your winter holiday wedding as we were honored to celebrate with you and your guests! Wishing you a happy new year & wonderful new journey!

• Wedding: 12/20/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

THANK YOU AMANDA VIRGA, CATHERINE COTTER, CHUCK RUSSO, and JIM BONKOSKY for helping me coordinate the PERFECT Winter Wonderland Wedding! I had a distinct vision for how I wanted the Hunt room to look…rather than it being a typical wedding reception space, I wanted to transform it into a magical winter forest. My florist, Catherine, from Somerset Hills, did a BEAUTIFUL job creating dramatic centerpieces of white birch branches with crystals, surrounded by white hydrangeas and candles on top of a mirror to maximize the sparkle. I worked closely with my DJ Chuck Russo and Jim from JB Lighting Production, (917) 834-1902, to create the optimum lighting for the space. Jim kept all of the bright overhead lights off and used uplighting to bathe the room in a cool blue wintery light. This look greatly enhanced the atmosphere…attention, future brides: uplighting is worth the cost! Jim also projected snowflakes onto the dance floor and our name onto the wall across from the DJ booth. Chuck Russo is the BEST DJ EVER! My wedding was the ultimate dance party thanks to him! And I couldn't have asked for a more amazing maître d'--Amanda Virga was so helpful, accommodating, communicative, responsible, organized, and sweet! Before the wedding, she was constantly in touch with me making sure all of my questions were answered and that everything was set for my big day. She made sure the slideshow worked in advance so that it ran smoothly during cocktail hour the day of. She allowed us to drop all of our hotel favors, wedding favors, photographs, cake topper, etc. off the week before so that we weren't as stressed in the last few days leading up to the wedding. She made sure I was happy with the signature drink and did a WONDERFUL job displaying all of the flowers from the church on the Christmas trees on either side of our sweetheart table! She even helped bustle my dress! The entire wedding flowed so smoothly thanks to Amanda! She made me feel like a queen!

Olde Mill Inn responded with the following comments:

Hi Katy & Kevin! I've got to say, that was an amazing transformation of the Hunt Room into a winter wonderland - we think your vision was gorgeous!! Thank you for all the compliments of the ambiance and Amanda! We can't thank you enough for choosing our venue for your wedding and we wish you both all the best! Send us some photos and please visit us soon!

• Wedding: 12/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Olde Mill Inn was amazing and our Maitre'D, Amanda, assisted us every step of the way. From when I arrived at the hotel the night before my wedding, the staff made me feel so calm and relaxed. The Olde Mill Inn was so accommodating to all of our needs and made the day go super smooth. The hotel was beautiful and all of our guests had nothing but great things to say! Kevin and I couldn't have asked for a more magical wedding. It was truly a dream come true. Most people warned us that weddings never go smoothly and there's bound to be problems, but I have to say, The Olde Mill Inn made it absolutely perfect. The food was stellar, the ambiance was exactly what I imagined, and the Hunt Room was decorated beautifully. We really couldn't have asked for anything better. Thank you for making our wedding a wonderful and memorable event.

Olde Mill Inn responded with the following comments:

Thank you for hosting your wedding at the Grain House and for all your kind words! Our mission is to make every wedding magical, perfect & memorable - so it's very special to us when we receive these compliments! We wish you all the best and hope to have you visit in the future! Happy Holidays!

• Wedding: 12/12/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wedding was absolutely perfect thanks to Amanda, and all of the Olde Mill Inn staff. I got so many compliments on not only how beautiful the place was, but how amazing the food was as well! I had no worries on the day of my wedding and I believe that is the most important part.

Olde Mill Inn responded with the following comments:

On behalf of Amanda and the staff, thank you for your review of the food, venue & service!! It was a pleasure to work with you and an honor to host you and your guests on your wedding day! All the best!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

After attending numerous weddings over the last few years, my now husband and I knew exactly what we were looking for in a wedding venue. When we visited the Olde Mill Inn, the warm, cozy, intimate feel of the ballroom was coupled with the convenience of the hotel rooms upstairs from the event space. Add to that a winter discounted price and the most lovely Christmas decor and we were sold!

At the OMI, you are assigned a maitre d' to work with on all details leading up to your wedding. In working with Amanda, quite simply, she was the best. Her level of responsiveness leading up to the event was extraordinary (often replying within minutes!) and her upbeat personality made even the most tedious of tasks more pleasant. She made sure that our every need was attended to, often anticipating them before we even knew of them. Her expertise in all things wedding related was evident and the day could not have been nearly as smooth without her being there!

While nothing makes cutting the checks to vendors any less painful, I can confidently say that the Olde Mill Inn was worth EVERY penny.

Olde Mill Inn responded with the following comments:

Thank you Stacey & Matthew and Congratulations!! Words can express how much we appreciate this glowing review of your experience and Amanda! We love that you got to see us during the holidays with all the beautiful decor and we would love to see some of your wedding photos when you get them! We wish you all the best in your new life together! :)

• Wedding: 12/05/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I had our wedding at the Olde Mill Inn on November 15, 2014 in the Washington Ballroom. Our ceremony took place off-site but we spent the night before our wedding the the Olde Mill and each got ready there with our bridal parties.

We had the absolute pleasure of working with Marien throughout the entire process of booking and planning our wedding. Marien also served as the Maitre D' on our wedding day. Marien went above and beyond for us throughout the entire process and most especially on our wedding day. She handled every detail, anticipated our needs, took care of all of families and friends so we could enjoy every moment of our day. While we were at our ceremony, Marien personally set up every detail of our wedding from the place cards to the family photos. Every single detail was meticulously put together and reflected everything we had discussed during the planning process.To say she is fantastic would be an understatement.

We have received countless compliments on the Olde Mill Inn, most of them from guests telling us our wedding was the best wedding they have ever been too. We have received rave reviews about the beauty of the hotel (enough accommodations for all of our overnight guests), the incredible service received by every staff member at the Olde Mill and most especially the FOOD. Guests were raving all night about the cocktail hour (the most incredible spread I have personally seen at a wedding) and the dinner and have not stopped commenting on how delicious everything was.

The Olde Mill Inn is truly a special place. My husband and I knew from the minute we toured the Olde Mill that we had to have our wedding there and it did not disappoint. Marien and every staff member who worked our wedding cared only about one thing: making sure it was the best night of our lives. And it was!! We are so grateful and so proud to have had our wedding at the Olde Mill Inn. They made our dreams come true!!

Olde Mill Inn responded with the following comments:

On behalf of Marien and the entire staff, thank you thank you thank you for this amazing review!! We are so greatful to you for choosing the Olde Mill Inn and then raving about your experience!! "Best Wedding Ever" is the best compliment from you and your guests and it truly means so much! We are so lucky to have been a part of making your dream wedding come together! Please visit us soon and send photos :) All the best in your new marriage - Congratulations!

• Wedding: 11/15/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

From our first visit, we knew the Hunt Room at the Olde Mill Inn and Grain House was for us. The hotel made for a reasonably priced and comfortable stay for our out of town guests. The food was excellent, not a single complaint about too little, too salty, too... I would recommend going to the tasting! You can get a good idea of what you want served. We were assigned to Amanda and we can't compliment her enough! She answered email questions almost immediately, with accurate information and answers. Amanda is personable, professional, and organized...all the things you want in a point person, on your wedding day. We had a dream wedding in the hunt room, we look forward to going to the Grain House for our anniversary every year!

Olde Mill Inn responded with the following comments:

Thank you for your review of your Grain House Wedding! We can't thank you enough for all the kinds words about the food, venue, and service!! We were honored to host your special day & look forward to celebrating anniversaries with you at the Grain House Restaurant! :)
Wishing you all the best!

• Wedding: 10/26/2014
Bennifer70
  • Flexibility: 5.0

PERFECT! PERFECT! PERFECT! We had to change venues 3 months before our wedding and our officiant , Celia Milton, recommended The Olde Mill Inn. From our first meeting with Lindsey Smilie, we knew we found a gem. Our Maitre'd was Amanda Virga. She is absolutely wonderful, professional, responsive, caring, and answered all of my questions before I could even ask them!
The staff - from the bartender, servers, housekeeping to front desk are all incredibly nice and so accomodating. The food was outstanding. Our guests could not stop raving about the qualiy of the food. The rooms were immaculate. Our suite was a dream!
We only had 50 guests but received the same care and attention as if we had 300. I can't say enough. If you're looking for an unimaginable wedding day, look no further than The Olde Mill Inn. Our wedding was simply the best day of our lives!

Olde Mill Inn responded with the following comments:

WOW what a wonderful review!! On behalf of the entire staff who helped create this perfect day, we can't thank you enough for the kudos!! Each wedding we get to be a part of, small or large, is special to us! Congratulations and all the best! Please come visit us soon!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I got married here on October 24, 2014 and couldnt have picked a better place. Everything was great from my Outdoor ceremony, to cocktail hour and Reception. Everyone loved the food and the decor. Lindsay Stewart, whom we booked our wedding with was a sweetheart. Always responsive to ALL my many questions throughout the year of planning. Our Maitre 'd, John Lietz made everything go smoothly on our day, something I was so worried about. He was on point and I didnt think about a thing all night ! Plus he was a fun guy !

Olde Mill Inn responded with the following comments:

Thank you Maureen for choosing the Olde Mill Inn to host your wedding day! It was a pleasure working with you throughout the planning and making your wedding day a memorable event for you, your family & friends!
Sincerely,
Lindsay Stewart

• Wedding: 10/24/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everyone at the Olde Mill Inn is so helpful! Te venue is beautiful and has everything you need to have a great wedding. I still get compliments about how good the food was. Amanda was our maitre de and she answered every question we had and made sure our wedding date was amazing!

• Wedding: 10/12/2014
Brooke
  • Flexibility: 5.0

John Lietz and Marien Barker were great to work with. We got married October 10, 2014 and are still getting compliments on how great the wedding was and how great the food was. John made everything run perfect that night. Wish we could have another wedding there! We had a great time and we were sad when the night ended.

• Wedding: 10/05/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Olde Mill Inn was INCREDIBLE!! My husband and I were so utterly thankful & happy with the Olde Mill Inn!! Lindsey S. was so sweet and helpful as well as John L.! Once it was getting towards crunch time John took over and was FANTASTIC! He was so patient and beyond helpful! Any last minute issues he handled immediately. We had picked a signature drink and shortly after cocktail hour started they ran out of the main liquor that was in it and John informed us and said "don't worry and we will get more" and he did! (fast too) And during the cocktail hour he not only made sure my husband and I were ok but also my mother - he brought her a plate of hors d'ourves. He would advise us about whats going on - anything we should know, esp any changes. He took care of EVERYTHING! The wait staff and the hospitality men & women were so kind and helpful too! My husband and I highly recommend the Olde Mill Inn not only for weddings but for any event or function! Thank you John, Lindsey and the Olde Mill Inn team!!

Hi Kathryn & Munya!
On behalf of Lindsey Smillie & John Lietz, thank you for hosting your wedding at the Olde Mill Inn and then following up with such a nice review! It was a pleasure to work with you and we wish you all the best!

• Wedding: 10/03/2014
Kathryn
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I can't speak highly enough about the Olde Mill Inn. Everything from the venue space to the food to the help was awesome. I had my wedding in late September at the Grain House which is the smaller of the two locations available on the premises and it was seriously perfect. I really didn't have any problems or concerns and Amanda who was our day of maitre d was absolutely wonderful. She took care of everything with flawless execution and made it so that I didn't have to worry about a single thing. She made great suggestions for how we could maximize the space and was so accommodating with all of my requests. There was nothing that she couldn't make work. I can't say enough how happy I was with picking the Olde Mill Inn for our wedding. All of our guests were raving about the food and how cute their hotel rooms were. This is a great place to get married and highly recommend getting married here if you are looking for a charming and semi-rustic location with amazing food and top notch services.

Olde Mill Inn responded with the following comments:

Thank you Magda for your review! We are so lucky to have couples like you to brag about your wedding day & experience! We wish you and Joseph all the best in your new marriage and look forward to you visiting us soon!!

• Wedding: 09/27/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Lindsey Smillie and John Lietz were fabulous to work with! They were very helpful throughout the planning process, and everything ran smoothly on the day of the wedding. The food and service were both excellent. I highly recommend this venue.

Olde Mill Inn responded with the following comments:

Congratulations Kellie & Joe!! It was a pleasure to host you and your guests on your wedding day!! On behalf of Lindsey & John, thank you for your kind words!
We wish you all the best in your new marriage & a lifetime full of happiness.
Thank you again for selecting the Olde Mill Inn & please come back & visit!

Lindsay Stewart, Director of Social Sales & Olde Mill Inn Management

• Wedding: 09/26/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Olde Mill Inn plan a wedding from out of state a breeze. I was able to drop off everything for the wedding a few days ahead of time and do almost nothing the day of! We had a pretty major with one of the vendor but Amanda and Lindsay made sure the wedding when as planned till things could be fixed.

Olde Mill Inn responded with the following comments:

Thank you Ethan & Anna for your review... we truly appreciate it!
Thank you for choosing the Grain House for your wedding - it's an honor to celebrate with you! I can't wait to see some of your pictures!

Congratulations & Best Wishes!
Lindsay Stewart, Director of Social Sales & Olde Mill Inn Management

• Wedding: 09/21/2014
908-696-2315
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards