Old Mill Wedding Chapel

Flexibility:
 (4.4/5.0)

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
A beautiful venue! The ladies were professional and on the spot when and where needed. As a perfectionist I was hesitant to turn everything over to someone else but I need not have worried. Their decor was beautiful and we didn't have to do anything. It was a wonderful experience!
Wedding: 04/15/2012
3.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  2.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
Very Beautiful. The only thing is the owner is not very personable and not very nice to guest but the place is wonderful!!
Wedding: 04/09/2011
3.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.5
  • Responsiveness:  3.5
  • Professionalism:  3.5
  • Value:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  3.5
Wedding - February 12, 2011 (Evening)

A few things to be aware of when booking this wonderful venue... CAUTIONS if you will...
SCHEDULING - Although my wedding was scheduled for the evening, and I understand that this is a business. The owner booked a wedding before mine that allowed me ONE HOUR before my ceremony to get in, have my vendors set everything up (cakes, flowers, etc.) and made no apologies about it. We booked the venue for an extra hour to have more time with our guests - which was lost in the hour we spent AFTER the ceremony that we should have had BEFORE the ceremony! It made me feel extremely rushed and I HATED having my guests wait while we took pictures that COULD have been taken had the owner not been so inconsiderate! Be sure to have the time you need BEFORE your ceremony IN WRITING in your contract!

RESPONSIVENESS - Faye Houston, the owner, was very helpful in the beginning. On my first visit to the venue after selecting it, she gave lots of great advice on planning and executing the big day. However, (although this may be coincidental) it seemed that once I paid for the venue, all bets were off! She was extremely rude to everyone at our rehearsal and on the day (especially me - the bride!). All of the women in my family were apalled and several asked if they should pull her aside. She acted as if anything I asked her to do was an imposition... I asked that the white columns and greenery be removed from the chapel as it clashed with my floral arrangments. I asked for baskets for my bubbles that would be blown as we were leaving. Neither of these were enormous or unreasonable requests. Luckily for Faye, her assistant was wonderful and was so eager to help make my day perfect! She ran the sound during the ceremony - cued all music at my request as my party was entering the chapel and fixed the mics so my sister and dad could sing! My apologies that I do not recall her name!

FYI - Although I had been in the venue for 2 days in a row - Thursday I came to do a sound check in the chapel for my dad and sis' song during the ceremony and the reception area - for emceeing and performing my song) and Friday for rehearsal - Faye never mentioned anything about remaining balances. She had the gall to have my sister come up to me as I was walking out and claim that I owed her $500 for miscellaneous nonsense. Everything used was notated in our contract and paid for several months in advance. Do NOT tolerate this kind of nonsense and, as I said before, get everything in writing. At this point, I had it with Faye - I pulled her assistant aside and made sure she was aware that the ONLY reason I would be giving the venue a good review was because she covered her boss' rude and unacceptable behavior!!! I hope she passed the message along...

SOUND - As they couldn't make the mics work in the reception area, my sister had to emcee by yelling over everyone to announce various happenings (cake cutting, garter toss, etc.) and I had to sing my surprise song to my hubby with no mic! Plan to have an emcee that can project into the room!

CATERING ACCOMODATIONS - There are none. No kitchen, no bar, no nothing. If you want to serve anything with a sauce or your caterer needs a kitchen area - you're out of luck. However, they did set up a bar area for me where I brought in ice chests and had a bartender come in to serve white wines and bottled beer. (I understand and respected the no liquor or red wine policy.) This isn't a biggie. Just wanted you to know.

Overall my experience with Old Mill was good - The venue itself was perfect. We used both the chapel and reception area and both were ideal for an intimate wedding for around 100 guests. It could accomodate more but it's perfect for that amount! The lights and sound system (with the exception of the no mic situation) was great and added a personal touch.

I would highly recommend this venue, but be sure to watch out for the things I detailed above!

Melissa Walker

Wedding: 02/12/2011

Brenda 5 Reviews
Fay is absolutely wonderful. She was always available to discuss plans and changes, and went above and beyond her duty (particularly when my caterer's messed up repeatedly). Beautiful, affordable location. Very personal attention to detail. Very flexible to my particular wants and needs. Highly recommended!
Wedding: 10/23/2010
Services Used: Wedding Planning, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
They were absolutely amazing. They were very helpful all the up to the wedding. On the wedding day they exceeded my expectations and went above and beyond their duties to help make my wedding and reception a special day. They are amazing and truly enjoy their jobs and helping to create the perfect atmosphere for every wedding.
Wedding: 08/13/2008
  • Flexibility:  5.0
If you are looking at a venue for your wedding that relieves you of SO much of the stress involved in planning your special day, then this is your place. The reception hall, conveniently located in the same building as the chapel is both spacious and gorgeous! They have beautifully decorated tables, a nice dance floor, chairs covered in black fabric with white bows for all of your guests and white chirs with white bows for the bride and groom. They have absolutely AMAZING lighting and you can choose your own color scheme. I never had to worry about table decorations or set up of any kind and people raved that it was one of the most beautiful reception locations they have ever seen. A great value for your money! I would definitely recommend to any bride-to-be!!
Wedding: 06/21/2008
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I loved it. I was freaking out because I had not done well planning everything and they had everything ready and waiting for me. I did not have to worry about anything. Anything that I may have forgot to bring they had things for me to use. They knew about my bridal party and showed me step by step what was going to happen and how things worked. The ymet with me anytime I needed them to or needed to call and talk about anything.
Wedding: 05/26/2008
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony Music, Flowers, Officiant, Wedding Planning, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
They offered EVERYTHING- I did not use all of their services, but it was great to know that it was there if I needed it.
Wedding: 05/17/2008
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Flowers, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Ceremony & Reception Venue
4.7/5.0
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.5
The people are very nice and work with you to make you comfortable as a bride. They provide a beautiful place to have your wedding indoor or outdoors. They also have a reception room that they will decorate for you as part of your package. That was the greatest! It is absolutely beautiful, has a dance area and they have colored lighting that you can pick to accent your colors. They go out of their way to make sure everything is taken care of. I was able to hire the preacher through them and they also have connections to photographers/videographers and cake vendors so they can help you in other areas as well.
Wedding: 05/10/2008
Services Used: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)
4.3/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  3.5
Extremely helpful with everything, excellent photography service, great reception. Everything was just overall excellent.
Wedding: 09/13/2007
Services Used: Ceremony Music, Flowers, Photography, Ceremony & Reception Venue
3.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  3.0
The chapel was pretty inside and outside with a water wheel out front. But we were rushed for time since they do 2 weddings a day and we were the 1st one. We did not get to spend any time with our family and friends during the recepting due to taking pictures. But they did help out awhole lot on the videography, they saved us about $100 or more due to the guy knowing the lighting inside. And he did a great job, He's name was Ralph Landon in Hot Springs.
Wedding: 03/06/2004
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering, DJ, Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Videography
 501-624-2147
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire