Old Library Events

5.0/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 5.0
  • Professionalism: 5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

As the Mother of the Bride, my daughter Sara and I worked closely with the Owners, Joe and Susan Marra. Because Sara & Keith got married on a Sunday of Columbus Weekend, we could not decorate until the morning of the wedding as there were receptions on Friday and Saturday. They took care of 95 % of what needed decorating. It was a relief to my daughter and I. The wedding was held in the atrium of the facility. It felt intimate, even though 120 people were there as they got married in the middle under the tall archway. We can't wait to get the pictures back. Susan organized everyone for the processional and receiving line. She and Joe came around to every table a couple of times during the Reception to make sure everything was going well. Which it was. What a great pair to work with.

• Wedding: 10/13/2013
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
5.0/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 5.0
  • Professionalism: 5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had our reception here and everything was absolutely perfect! We do not live anywhere near Olean, so most of our communication was through email and this was always done in a timely manner. When we started planning our reception, Jennifer was there to help guide us through it. As we got closer to our date, she was replaced with Sally who had all of our information from Jennifer and we were able to continue on with her.

On the actual day, Sally was not able to be there, but owners Joe and Susan made sure everything was just right and attended to our every need. Sue seemed to know what I needed before I did, which was wonderful. The food was perfect too! We got so many compliments about great everything tasted. We were also happy that we had chosen to do the cocktail hour downstairs and the rest of the reception upstairs. It was a great transition. The fact that there was an elevator really helped move our less nimble guests upstairs. We really couldn't have asked for a better reception venue.

• Wedding: 07/20/2013
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue
4.4/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

They were great! I really enjoyed having the ceremony and reception there!

• Wedding: 12/30/2011
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
4.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

We only used the Old Library for the reception. The food was fantastic at a very good price. Compared to the cost per person in Rochester, this was about 2/3 cheaper for a sit down dinner. I would highly recommend this venue.

• Wedding: 10/07/2007
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue
716-372-2226
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
4.7