Old Daley on Crooked Lake

2339 NY Highway 43
Averill Park, NY 12018 | map
Maximum capacity: 400
Wedding services: Bridal Shower, Ceremony, Engagement Party, Reception
Catering: Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeurves, Plated,...
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
(4.7 / 5.0)
Professionalism:
(4.8 / 5.0)
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Old Daley Inn on Crooked Lake was the perfect place to have our wedding. We had been there for a fall wedding a few years earlier, and knew that it would be a great place for a winter wedding. The staff is amazing! We worked closely with Janice Keary and Elise Testo, and they were both wonderful! Elise was especially helpful in keeping us on track to make sure that we were doing everything we needed to for our big day! We couldn't have asked for better people to plan our wedding with. The food was phenomenal and the venue looked beautiful on the day of our wedding. We can't say enough good things about the Old Daley Inn and staff! I would recommend this venue to anyone who wants their wedding day to go perfectly, because ours sure did!

• Wedding: 12/27/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Where do I even begin. Right after we got engaged we took a tour and knew this was the place! I love the history of the building, and the fact that they have kept the character of what makes Crooked Lake house what it is. The owners were very helpful, and Kyla my event coordinator was amazing! She answers all of my emails, and gave me all of the information that I needed. She was amazing the day of, helping with a little cake topper mishap! :) She let me know exactly what was going on every step of the way leading up to the wedding as well as the day of.

Crooked Lake House was beautifully decorated for our winter wedding. The servers were very attentive and dinner was prompt. The warm and cozy atmoshpere is especially inviting and our guests still talk about how beautiful it was and they hope they attend another wedding there!

I also love that there were separate rooms for the bride & bridesmaids and groom & groomsmen. It helped so much when trying to get ready and not seeing me before the first look! We will always hold Crooked Lake house close to our hearts and cant wait to go to try it again when they open in early 2015 to the public!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

A big thank you to Janice, Marty, Elise and all of the staff at the Old Daley Inn on Crooked Lake for making our wedding day absolutely perfect! The food was phenomenal and the staff was top notch. From our very first meeting to the very end of the reception we were made to feel welcome and like part of the ODI family. Elise took our ideas and our itinerary and made sure that we had absolutely nothing to worry about on our big day. There was not one single stressor for us or our families… everything was perfectly well taken care of. On top of the staff, the venue was gorgeous. The setting fit us and our families to a tee… a perfect mix of rustic and classy. A perfect spot for a perfect day. We heard many comments from our guests and wedding party after the reception: *the best food they’ve ever eaten at a wedding *a perfect spot for a wedding *setting was cozy and inviting *the staff and the service was great *everyone was super accommodating *Bride and Grooms suite were ideal *the snow and the lake made for a perfect backdrop for first look and portrait photos

• Wedding: 11/29/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Old Daley Inn on Crooked Lake was spectacular on our wedding day. Our wedding planner Elise made the whole process very easy and was there to answer all our questions and make sure our big day went as smoothly as possible. The food was amazing and there were so many choices, everyone at our wedding had nothing but good things to say. We planned to have our ceremony outside but unfortunately due to weather we had to move inside. Which is one of the many reasons we picked Old Daley Inn on Crooked Lake, there is so much space to have your ceremony and reception inside without being in the same room. I would highly recommend Old Daley Inn on Crooked Lake for your wedding day!

• Wedding: 10/18/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I had our wedding reception at the Old Daley Inn on Crooked Lake in October 2014. From the beginning, it has been wonderful working with this team of professionals! Marty, Janice and Elise were always available to answer questions and allowed us to tour the building on more than one occasion. The food/drink packages are reasonable and the food is AMAZING! We've had so many guests tell us that the food was spectacular - not your typical wedding food by any means. The venue itself is breath-taking - the fact that you have the entire venue for the night is wonderful. Our guests took advantage of this and mingled about when they needed a break from dancing. There is plenty of seating for your guests during cocktail hour, which is always a plus. The lake is picturesque and the ballroom is stunning. The wait staff were amazing - they continuously picked up after people and were very attentive to the needs of our guests. They made sure that everyone had what they needed and were prompt to bring out food. The bartenders did a fabulous job - drinks were delicious and the staff was quick to get drinks to thirsty guests. Overall, I cannot say enough about this venue. The staff and premises is top-notch. Very professional and are there to make sure your day is special and goes smoothly. I have recommended Old Daley Inn on Crooked Lake to several friends - if we could re-do our wedding, we wouldn't choose anywhere else for our elegant and spectacular reception! Thank you, Marty, Janice, Elise and staff, for making our night so memorable!

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I cannot say enough good things about my experience with The Old Daley Inn on Crooked Lake! From our initial consultation until the day after our wedding when we picked up our belongings, each and every interaction was wonderful. What attracted my husband and I to the venue was its picturesque location as well as its eclectic decor. Each and every room or area of the grounds has something new to visually offer. It definitely made our pictures that much more breath taking. I never felt pressured when making selections for our wedding and by the end of it I knew that our money was well spent. The food is delectable; the staff was so conscientious and accommodating; and the atmosphere was jovial and fun throughout our entire day! My event coordinator, Kyla, was above and beyond amazing. She responded to my numerous emails in a timely manner and made me and my entire family feel like we were right at home. My younger brother has autism and does not handle crowds very well. She not only made sure he had a safe space to take a breather but made sure he was fed and had something to drink at all times. That was just one example of how my expectations were exceeded. If I had to do the day all over again there is nothing I would have changed and I truly believe the staff and atmosphere of the Old Daley Inn played a major role! I hope to attend many more weddings there if only to continue to savor the location of the best day of my life!

• Wedding: 09/12/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I cannot rave enough about The Old Daley Inn on Crooked Lake!

From the minute my husband and I went there, we KNEW we had to be married there! It is absolutely beautiful - literally, a picture-perfect setting. We had our ceremony there, as well. Luckily, the weather was BEAUTIFUL and we were able to have the ceremony outside. If the weather hadn't cooperated, however, the inside would have been just as beautiful!!

We had Elise as our wedding planner, and she was AWESOME. She is so organized and remembered all of the little details I had in mind for my special day. Our wedding party was a little hard to handle, but Elise took care of everything, telling people where/when to walk, to smile, etc.!

The owners, Marty and Janice Keary, are so incredibly nice and professional. Marty was there all day, including the morning, cleaning and setting up chairs! They all work so hard to make every little part of your day perfect!

The food is absolutely amazing!

We were married almost two months ago and people are STILL raving about how this was the "best" wedding they have ever been to in terms of food and location!

• Wedding: 09/05/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I couldn't have asked for a better venue! Everything turned out so beautiful and went extremely smoothly. I credit that to our amazing wedding coordinator Elise T.! She always kept us in the loop of what was coming next and that really removed the stress. The food was fantastic and all of our guests raved about how good everything was. The Old Daley Inn is the perfect place to have a wedding.

• Wedding: 08/08/2014
Elise
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I absolutely loved having our wedding by the Old Daley Inn at Crooked Lake. Everything was wonderful and everyone has raved about the food! A beautiful venue that did not disappoint. Kyla, our event manager was so wonderful to work with and was so incredibly helpful in planning this day. Highly recommended!!

• Wedding: 08/01/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The folks at the Old Daley Inn did an amazing job and we highly recommend them for your wedding! The venue and grounds are beautifully kept, and our event planner (Kyla), Maitre'd (Marty), and all the wait staff provided the most excellent service we could ask for. Everything about the evening was perfect! We didn't have to worry about anything on the day of, they had it all under control. :-)

• Wedding: 07/20/2014
Michaela & Kevin
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I loved everything about me wedding at the Crooked Lake House. The staff was AMAZING.. Janice, Marty, and Elise where so fabulous and made me feel like I was the most important bride ever! All brides want to feel this way. The day of my wedding was so easy because everything was done correctly and on time. The grounds where the ceremony was preformed looked beautiful and the custom bar that I asked for outside looked perfect.. i can't say enough great things about this place and the staff.. I wish I could get married over and over again at the Crooked Lake House!

• Wedding: 06/21/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wife and I got married at the Crooked Lake House on June 15th 2014. Planning our wedding from California, was not easy, that is, until we began working with Elise Testo and her colleagues at the Old Daley Inn on Crooked Lake. The team there is enthusiastic, professional, patient, and creative in all that they do. Elise met with us 6 months before the wedding while we were in town for the holidays to go over our contract which we amended several times to reflect changes in food preferences, drink options, and time of opening the space. Everything and anything was possible with this team and for that we are very grateful. The Crooked Lake House truly is an amazing place to have any event, especially a wedding. There is so much history to the beautiful building, plenty of space to have an outdoor or indoor ceremony, spread out with hundreds of guests, and truly enjoy the beautiful architecture and scenery. We would not change a thing about our day and the way everything happened. Thank you Elise and Jan for your time and flexibility, as well as your professional catering staff (the food was amazing, people have not stopped talking about it).

• Wedding: 06/15/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Thank you to everyone at the Crooked Lake House for making our wedding day special. Kyla was wonderfully helpful during the planning process. All of my e-mails and questions were responded to very promptly. The venue itself is amazing. It just so happened that this was the last venue (out of 23) that we looked at. After touring the Crooked Lake House, and imagining myself walking down the stone staircase with my dad to meet my future husband at the lake, I became choked up and immediately knew that this was where I wanted to be married. You do such a nice job making it feel that the Crooked Lake House is truly the bride and groom’s for the day. The service was impeccable and the food was amazing. Your team and the Crooked Lake House will always have a very special place in our hearts. Thank you!

• Wedding: 06/14/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amazing venue!! The food was delicious, the staff is always so nice and willing to help. No matter what style wedding you have the Venue is perfect for all!

• Wedding: 06/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I could not be happier with our chosen venue! Old Daley Inn did an incredible job with everything on our wedding day from the displays to the food/bar, it was perfect. The staff was also exceptional, including our wedding planner Elise Testo, who has an incredible talent and creative eye. I would highly recommend Old Daley Inn on Crooked lake to anyone looking for rustic elegance!

• Wedding: 06/06/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I could not speak more highly of the Old Daley Inn on Crooked Lake. All the staff was extremely professional during our wedding reception there. Not to mention the venue and grounds are breathtaking. Also, my event planner was always there to answer any questions or concerns I had and was very accommodating. I would highly recommend the Old Daley Inn on Crooked Lake for any event. It truly is remarkable!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
518-235-2656
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards