Old Daley on Crooked Lake

4.7
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Amazing, amazing, and amazing! There are not enough words to express our sincere gratitude and appreciation to Elise and Marty for their professionalism, patience with our questions, attention to every detail, help with our decisions, fun and friendly help throughout the entire process and the day---we could go on and on and on. I would recommend The Crooked Lake House for anyone, anywhere, anytime for anything!!! Fabulous staff, outstanding food, 100% total customer service oriented, and beautiful location everywhere on property. Elise even jumped behind the bar to ensure the groom's drinks were always filled! Rave reviews from ALL our guests on the ceremony and reception. We want to do it all over again!!!! We can't thank you enough for creating such a beautiful memory for our entire family and group of friends.

MacKenzie & Joshua Halse
and the Nachtrieb Family

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From the second we walked into Old Daley on Crooked Lake my (now) husband and I knew this was the place we wanted to get married at. Not only is it unique and beautiful but all of their staff members (especially Marty, Janice and Elise) are AMAZING! I know for a fact that they make EVERY Bride and Groom feel this way, almost like they are planning their own Wedding. They take great pride in every event they host and add just enough love to make everyone feel special. All of our guests kept on telling us how beautiful the venue was and how AMAZING the food was! They couldn't believe how delicious everything was for Wedding Food (which from my experience isn't always the case). I couldn't imagine having our special day at any other venue. Everything turned out perfectly and we are FOREVER grateful to everyone at Old Daley on the Crooked Lake for making our day as wonderful as you did! Thank you! xoxoxoxo

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Old Daley is like working with family that has got it all going on in a major way!!!
From the very moment we walked into the venue and were greeted by Janice and Elise we were impressed. All who we worked with—Marty, Janice, Elise, Stephanie and Chef Jeff—are gracious, personable, positive, knowledgeable, helpful and tasteful. The whole experience with them convinced us they truly strived to make our wedding day the most magical, smooth-running event customized to meet our needs, taste and dreams. They walked us through the process step-by-step. They answered every question with a level of knowledge and problem solving that comes with a deep level of experience in the business. Our custom tasting was an amazing meal and our change requests were met with positivity and Stephanie delivered alternatives that steered the menu to a delightful level. Elise was a tireless angel in every way from day one up to our wedding day, walking us through every detail and delivering above and beyond. On our wedding day we arrived to see an overwhelming array of flowers! The wedding of the night before had left them all and the staff kept them out in case we wanted to have them to add to our own! All of our Old Daley friends were there the entire time making sure it flowed perfectly and we could see in their faces why they do this. They were all having a great time! Marty prepared a special plate of appetizers for us during the cocktail hour and served us just to make sure we remembered to eat something! Elise was consistent in making sure every moment of the day flowed with grace. And Janice, Stephanie and Jeff made sure it looked magical and tasted fabulous. There is no question in our minds and our guests that in the Albany area, this is THE PLACE and THE PEOPLE to work with. We made the RIGHT CHOICE and we have a LIFETIME of amazing memories, thanks to these great people!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
Angela
04/18/2015

Not only is this a stunning venue, the owners and staff are out of this world. We did not have to worry about one thing throughout the entire wedding planning process or the day of our wedding. Kyla took care of every last detail for us and was an absolute pleasure to work with. The food was a big thing for me coming from an Italian family. The Old Daley Inn has restaurant quality food - it far exceeds the food you would have at a typical wedding. There was not one complaint about the food or service, only great things to say. The Old Daley Inn is a gorgeous venue on a lake. The staff really wanted to give us our wedding on the lake and to our surprise set the ceremony up outside. We didn’t even think it was a possibility due to an April wedding after the winter we had. We were ready to roll,

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Old Daley Inn on Crooked Lake was the perfect place to have our wedding. We had been there for a fall wedding a few years earlier, and knew that it would be a great place for a winter wedding. The staff is amazing! We worked closely with Janice Keary and Elise Testo, and they were both wonderful! Elise was especially helpful in keeping us on track to make sure that we were doing everything we needed to for our big day! We couldn't have asked for better people to plan our wedding with. The food was phenomenal and the venue looked beautiful on the day of our wedding. We can't say enough good things about the Old Daley Inn and staff! I would recommend this venue to anyone who wants their wedding day to go perfectly, because ours sure did!

Private User
Recently Married

Where do I even begin. Right after we got engaged we took a tour and knew this was the place! I love the history of the building, and the fact that they have kept the character of what makes Crooked Lake house what it is. The owners were very helpful, and Kyla my event coordinator was amazing! She answers all of my emails, and gave me all of the information that I needed. She was amazing the day of, helping with a little cake topper mishap! :) She let me know exactly what was going on every step of the way leading up to the wedding as well as the day of.

Crooked Lake House was beautifully decorated for our winter wedding. The servers were very attentive and dinner was prompt. The warm and cozy atmoshpere is especially inviting and our guests still talk about how beautiful it was and they hope they attend another wedding there!

I also love that there were separate rooms for the bride & bridesmaids and groom & groomsmen. It helped so much when trying to get ready and not seeing me before the first look! We will always hold Crooked Lake house close to our hearts and cant wait to go to try it again when they open in early 2015 to the public!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

A big thank you to Janice, Marty, Elise and all of the staff at the Old Daley Inn on Crooked Lake for making our wedding day absolutely perfect! The food was phenomenal and the staff was top notch. From our very first meeting to the very end of the reception we were made to feel welcome and like part of the ODI family. Elise took our ideas and our itinerary and made sure that we had absolutely nothing to worry about on our big day. There was not one single stressor for us or our families… everything was perfectly well taken care of. On top of the staff, the venue was gorgeous. The setting fit us and our families to a tee… a perfect mix of rustic and classy. A perfect spot for a perfect day.
We heard many comments from our guests and wedding party after the reception:
*the best food they’ve ever eaten at a wedding
*a perfect spot for a wedding
*setting was cozy and inviting
*the staff and the service was great
*everyone was super accommodating
*Bride and Grooms suite were ideal
*the snow and the lake made for a perfect backdrop for first look and portrait photos

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Old Daley Inn on Crooked Lake was spectacular on our wedding day. Our wedding planner Elise made the whole process very easy and was there to answer all our questions and make sure our big day went as smoothly as possible. The food was amazing and there were so many choices, everyone at our wedding had nothing but good things to say. We planned to have our ceremony outside but unfortunately due to weather we had to move inside. Which is one of the many reasons we picked Old Daley Inn on Crooked Lake, there is so much space to have your ceremony and reception inside without being in the same room. I would highly recommend Old Daley Inn on Crooked Lake for your wedding day!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My husband and I had our wedding reception at the Old Daley Inn on Crooked Lake in October 2014. From the beginning, it has been wonderful working with this team of professionals! Marty, Janice and Elise were always available to answer questions and allowed us to tour the building on more than one occasion. The food/drink packages are reasonable and the food is AMAZING! We've had so many guests tell us that the food was spectacular - not your typical wedding food by any means. The venue itself is breath-taking - the fact that you have the entire venue for the night is wonderful. Our guests took advantage of this and mingled about when they needed a break from dancing. There is plenty of seating for your guests during cocktail hour, which is always a plus. The lake is picturesque and the ballroom is stunning. The wait staff were amazing - they continuously picked up after people and were very attentive to the needs of our guests. They made sure that everyone had what they needed and were prompt to bring out food. The bartenders did a fabulous job - drinks were delicious and the staff was quick to get drinks to thirsty guests. Overall, I cannot say enough about this venue. The staff and premises is top-notch. Very professional and are there to make sure your day is special and goes smoothly. I have recommended Old Daley Inn on Crooked Lake to several friends - if we could re-do our wedding, we wouldn't choose anywhere else for our elegant and spectacular reception! Thank you, Marty, Janice, Elise and staff, for making our night so memorable!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot say enough good things about my experience with The Old Daley Inn on Crooked Lake! From our initial consultation until the day after our wedding when we picked up our belongings, each and every interaction was wonderful. What attracted my husband and I to the venue was its picturesque location as well as its eclectic decor. Each and every room or area of the grounds has something new to visually offer. It definitely made our pictures that much more breath taking. I never felt pressured when making selections for our wedding and by the end of it I knew that our money was well spent. The food is delectable; the staff was so conscientious and accommodating; and the atmosphere was jovial and fun throughout our entire day!
My event coordinator, Kyla, was above and beyond amazing. She responded to my numerous emails in a timely manner and made me and my entire family feel like we were right at home. My younger brother has autism and does not handle crowds very well. She not only made sure he had a safe space to take a breather but made sure he was fed and had something to drink at all times. That was just one example of how my expectations were exceeded.
If I had to do the day all over again there is nothing I would have changed and I truly believe the staff and atmosphere of the Old Daley Inn played a major role! I hope to attend many more weddings there if only to continue to savor the location of the best day of my life!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot rave enough about The Old Daley Inn on Crooked Lake!

From the minute my husband and I went there, we KNEW we had to be married there! It is absolutely beautiful - literally, a picture-perfect setting. We had our ceremony there, as well. Luckily, the weather was BEAUTIFUL and we were able to have the ceremony outside. If the weather hadn't cooperated, however, the inside would have been just as beautiful!!

We had Elise as our wedding planner, and she was AWESOME. She is so organized and remembered all of the little details I had in mind for my special day. Our wedding party was a little hard to handle, but Elise took care of everything, telling people where/when to walk, to smile, etc.!

The owners, Marty and Janice Keary, are so incredibly nice and professional. Marty was there all day, including the morning, cleaning and setting up chairs! They all work so hard to make every little part of your day perfect!

The food is absolutely amazing!

We were married almost two months ago and people are STILL raving about how this was the "best" wedding they have ever been to in terms of food and location!

Elise
08/08/2014

I couldn't have asked for a better venue! Everything turned out so beautiful and went extremely smoothly. I credit that to our amazing wedding coordinator Elise T.! She always kept us in the loop of what was coming next and that really removed the stress. The food was fantastic and all of our guests raved about how good everything was. The Old Daley Inn is the perfect place to have a wedding.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I absolutely loved having our wedding by the Old Daley Inn at Crooked Lake. Everything was wonderful and everyone has raved about the food! A beautiful venue that did not disappoint. Kyla, our event manager was so wonderful to work with and was so incredibly helpful in planning this day. Highly recommended!!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)
Michaela & Kevin
07/20/2014

The folks at the Old Daley Inn did an amazing job and we highly recommend them for your wedding! The venue and grounds are beautifully kept, and our event planner (Kyla), Maitre'd (Marty), and all the wait staff provided the most excellent service we could ask for. Everything about the evening was perfect! We didn't have to worry about anything on the day of, they had it all under control. :-)

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I loved everything about me wedding at the Crooked Lake House. The staff was AMAZING.. Janice, Marty, and Elise where so fabulous and made me feel like I was the most important bride ever! All brides want to feel this way. The day of my wedding was so easy because everything was done correctly and on time. The grounds where the ceremony was preformed looked beautiful and the custom bar that I asked for outside looked perfect.. i can't say enough great things about this place and the staff.. I wish I could get married over and over again at the Crooked Lake House!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)

My wife and I got married at the Crooked Lake House on June 15th 2014. Planning our wedding from California, was not easy, that is, until we began working with Elise Testo and her colleagues at the Old Daley Inn on Crooked Lake. The team there is enthusiastic, professional, patient, and creative in all that they do. Elise met with us 6 months before the wedding while we were in town for the holidays to go over our contract which we amended several times to reflect changes in food preferences, drink options, and time of opening the space. Everything and anything was possible with this team and for that we are very grateful. The Crooked Lake House truly is an amazing place to have any event, especially a wedding. There is so much history to the beautiful building, plenty of space to have an outdoor or indoor ceremony, spread out with hundreds of guests, and truly enjoy the beautiful architecture and scenery. We would not change a thing about our day and the way everything happened. Thank you Elise and Jan for your time and flexibility, as well as your professional catering staff (the food was amazing, people have not stopped talking about it).