Ocean Key Resort & Spa

Professionalism
Value
4.7
Flexibility

I was afraid that planning a Key West wedding from Chicago would be stressful, but Katherine Kinney and her team eased all of my fears from the start. The venue was gorgeous and the food was amazing. Katherine listened to exactly what we were looking for and what we wanted and made it happen. She was more than flexible with everything and made our day the most perfect it could be. I would definitely do it all over again and looking to return year after year. Our guests cannot stop raving about the beauty of the location, the food, and the rooms. All of our needs were met above and beyond and the service is impeccable.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I just returned from Ocean Key and my daughter's wedding. It was truly amazing. Aside from the breathtaking venue and the delicious food, I cannot say enough how wonderful they were to work with. Both Tiffany and Katherine responded to endless questions, ideas and suggestions quickly and professionally. They took our vision and created an over the top event that we will always remember.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

An absolutely Beautiful place to have our wedding. The location is breathtaking, food is delicious and Katherine and her team are top notch. Looking forward to spending some anniversaries here in the future ;)

Lizz M.
03/02/2013

The Ocean Key is hands down our favorite place in Key West. We had our wedding reception on the pier, and it was nothing short of amazing. I knew we were going to have a great wedding even before we booked the Ocean Key. Katherine is super responsive and professional, and genuinely cares about each of her brides and grooms that come to OKR. She helped us with rooms, menu selections, and even made sure our reception was comfortable not only for us, but for our guests. I can't say enough good things about the staff at Ocean Key. We were treated so wonderfully by everyone we came across. Our guests were even thrilled with the service the staff showed them during dinner. We had a fantastic wedding, and I must credit the Ocean Key for it! If you are thinking of having your wedding here - DO IT!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I don't even know where to start! I am so so so very happy I chose to have my wedding at Ocean Key Resort! It was better than i could have dreamed it! The views were phenomenal, the food- WOW! For my husband to seriously RAVE about the food and say there isnt one thing he would change, that says something! He is a serious food guy, he is from Italy and food to him and his family is everything and he LOVED the food! This is not going to be your typical wedding food-at all! It was amazing! We wanted to do something different so we chose to do the food station style- I wanted everyone to be up and moving around and everyone loved doing it this way! Everyone wasnt sitting at their table looking bored!! I also cant say enough good things about the staff, they were also amazing! I worked with Katherine and Kristin and they were so, so helpful with everything, they made this wedding the wedding of my dreams! I wish i could do it all over again! If your thinking of having a wedding in Key West, do not look ANYWHERE else- it cant get any better-seriously! Just look at this reel of my wedding highlights and see for yourself! I am so very happy I chose to do a destination wedding- where else can you get married and have the ocean on both sides of you? I could seriously go on and on about Ocean Key and Key West!!! I had one guest tell me that my wedding was the 2nd best she had been to, the 1st was the owner of Bed Bath and Beyonds daughters wedding- I think that says something right there! All I can say is, have your wedding at Ocean Key Resort- and I can promise you you will not be disappointed, everyone will be talking about your wedding forever and you will create memories that will stay with you forever!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything was absolutely perfect, the only issue we had the entire time was that our wedding cake table was the wrong size, but the girls quickly responded and replaced it before anyone noticed.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wonderful venue. Katherine did everything she could to make our wedding day perfect. She was very responsive to my 8,000 pre-wedding questions and made me feel so comfortable when the Big Day finally came.

The food was TO DIE FOR. Our guests still rave about it, specifically saying that it was "way better than 'wedding food'. Since we're total foodies, this made me so happy! We also opted for the Key Lime tarts instead of a cake, which is another thing our guests LOVED. They said they were delicious. Sadly, I guess I got too busy to try one. Boooo!

The venue itself was breathtakingly unique. The set up was gorgeous. The sunset was unbelievable. We are VERY happy with our choice to get married at Ocean Key. We would highly recommend them to anyone planning a Key West wedding.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Ocean Key Resort is a beautiful resort and it was the perfect place to have our wedding! The staff at the Ocean Key could not have been friendlier. Anything we needed, any questions we had, they were always willing to help and even go the extra mile for us. Katherine is amazing and was so wonderful to work with. I wish I could get married all over again because everything was really perfect! I highly recommend the Ocean Key for a wedding and any other events!! My husband and I could not be more satisfied and we will be returning year after year!!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
linda
1 Review
06/09/2012

The wedding & reception of my daughter at Ocean Key Resort & Spa at Key West, Florida, on the Sunset Pier was one of the most beautiful, fun & stress free events I have ever been to. The staff there especially Katherine Kinney handled every detail perfectly. The rooms, restaurant, bar & pool were are wonderful, they met all our expectations. We had friends who said that was the best food they had ever had at a wedding, 5 star. I would recommend this location to everyone & make sure you ask for Katherine Kinney.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

THE BEST! You cannot go wrong with Ocean Key Resort & Spa. Everything at Ocean Key is top notch, the food, the staff, the location, and last but not least the view. You really don't have add anything to the venue to make it perfect. Our guests were blown away by everything. It is the greatest feeling to have your friends and family tell you that your wedding is the best they have ever been to. I attribute a lot of that to Ocean Key. Our entire day was flawless. Not many brides can say this, but because of the staff and catering team at Ocean Key, I did not have one single worry the day of my wedding. Thank you to everyone at Ocean Key, you are all incredible and I would choose this venue again if I had to do it all over!!!

Lindsay
05/05/2012

Ocean Key Resort & Spa was AMAZING! The staff is extremely caring, helpful, supportive, and attentive. Working with Katherine and Stephanie was a breeze. I received responses to every email within minutes and they made me feel like I was the only bride in the world. Planning this destination wedding was practically stress-free thanks to all of their help and advice. Once we all got down to Key West for the wedding weekend, the entire staff of Ocean Key went above and beyond to make us feel special. We were personally greeted by Stephanie and Katherine as we checked in, and were delighted with handwritten notes from them throughout the weekend. The pool staff even reserved our favorite chairs for us each morning! The servers at our cocktail hour and reception were so friendly and professional. The bartender even arranged for servers to deliver non-alcoholic drinks to my pregnant friend's table so she wouldn't have to get up. The rooms at Ocean Key are incredible and our wedding night suite had a fabulous view. As you can tell, I am an Ocean Key superfan! The resort is the perfect place to host your destination wedding.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

The staff at Ocean Key is not only professional, they are extremely fun! I planned my wedding from NY and never once felt disconnected from them. Katherine Dolan and Stephanie Happ are amazing. The venue is beautiful and the food was incredible. All of my calls and emails were answered promptly and any concerns/requests I had were discussed at great length. They were extremely accomodating and were happy to offer suggestions, without any pressure to add unnecessary services/items. Our family and friends had a great time at the wedding, which is what we wanted most. The bonus was that we did too!

I hadn't really thought about rain since it wasn't their rainy season, and of course, it rained all morning. Katherine hawked the weather reports all day and cleared the outdoor wedding. And it was perfect. It would later rain briefly during the reception, but you could barely notice. The tent setup is great and definitely did NOT have that muggy tent-in-the-rain feel.

The wedding was perfect. And awesome.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We could not have chosen a better venue for our Key West wedding! What really made them stand out to me versus other venues that I inquired with was their (Stephanie Happ and Katherine Dolan) lightning speed replies and promptness in answering all my (many) questions! I literally had an e-mail back from Stephanie Happ not 5 minutes after my initial inquiry. She pretty much won me over right there! She was super helpful and beyond flexible when it came to menu decisions and helping facilitate our room block. They are also very helpful in offering honest opinions and vendor recommendations. Stephanie even helped me decide how to wear my hair - haha! :) These girls really are amazing!

The scenery is beyond gorgeous! It is heaven on earth!! All of our guests were just blown away by the setting! Also, the location beats all of the other wedding venues by far! It's right at the end of Duval St. Most of the other nicer venues are off the beaten path. The ones that are close to Duval are big chains - I inquired with all of them, and just did not receive the same service as I did from Ocean Key. OK is run more like a Mom and Pop operation, and it's SOOOO much more of a personal, friendly experience!

The food was DELICIOUS!!! The guac station is a must! Everyone there said it was by far the best wedding food they have ever had!

If you're getting married in Key West, you will not find a better venue than Ocean Key!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The staff at the Ocean Key Resort and Spa were EXCELLENT from the moment I inquired about wedding services until the day we checked out. Stephanie and Katherine were exceptionally responsive to my every question and need throughout the entire process. I did not have to worry about anything on the day of the wedding, and it was absolutely beautiful.

The food, drink and service was exceptional. The wedding cake provided from the Ocean Key was delicious and beautiful.

It was the most amazing experience of my life! I would highly recommend the Ocean Key to anyone looking for a venue in Key West, FL. Every staff member seemed to know who I was throughout my week-long stay and could not have been more professional, friendly and helpful!

I LOVE THE OCEAN KEY!!!!!!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Ocean Key Resort is absolutely amazing. Every expectation that we had was exceeded (and our expectations were pretty high : ) ) The resort is absolutely gorgeous and perfect in every way. The staff is truly amazing; we were actually hugging several of them by the time we left.

I could not recommend a better place to have a wedding than the Sunset Pier. Sixty-eight of our friends and family traveled to Key West for our wedding and every single one of them was absolutely blown away. I'm pretty sure that every guest we've spoken to so far has told us it was the best wedding they have ever attended.

The food at the wedding was incredible. I have never been to a wedding where people were as blown away by their meals. Several people told us that it was the best steak / fish that they have ever had. That's pretty impressive to hear about food at a wedding (and there are a lot of foodies in our group)!!

I can not say enough about Katherine Dolan and Stephanie Happ. Neither my new husband nor I had ever been to Ocean Key Resort, and we booked our wedding solely on the basis of pictures of the resort online. We relied on the knowledgeable recommendations of Katherine and Stephanie for virtually everything. They not only made our wedding the most memorable event in our lives, but they made everything so easy. These two ladies are absolutely incredible!

My husband and I got married on March 24th, 2012. We are counting the days until we come back to Ocean Key Resort for our one-year anniversary!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The staff is very professional and friendly. The scenery is absolutely breathtaking. The suites are beyond luxurious. The food is mouth-wateringly delicious. Overall, our wedding was perfect, and I cannot imagine how they could have done it better or a better place for it!