Ocean Key Resort & Spa

(4.7 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.9 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Ocean Key is a top notch resort/restaurant/event venue. We hosted our wedding one the ocean terrace/sunset pier and our rehearsal lunch at the Hot Tin Roof. The service was impeccable and seriously could not have been better. At our lunch, the wait staff was so friendly and accommodating. Any request we made, it was immediately taken care of and in such a professional manner. Not to mention the AMAZING food. Every time I've been the HTR, I am so pleased with my meal. It is always fresh, yummy, and flavorful.

As for the wedding, everything was perfect. The ladies at the Ocean Key were such a pleasure to work with. Every e-mail was answered promptly and so professionally. Cara and Kristen made it so easy to coordinate everything and make our event a dream. The venue itself is breathtaking and is truly a setting for a fairy tale wedding. The view here never seizes to amaze me, combined with a wonderful staff and outstanding service all around, it does not get any better than The Ocean Key!!!

• Wedding: 11/15/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Ocean Key team was fantastic. Everybody was so pleasant to deal with. There is a reason you use these people. They made a day that could have been very stressful into a day that was completely relaxed. I was able to actually enjoy my day. They have a way of making you, the bride, feel so good. Everyone knows its your special day and they go out of their way to make you and your guests feel special. The food is not your typical "wedding" food, it's delicious. I would recommend them for any event.

• Wedding: 11/14/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I have nothing but great things to say about Ocean Key. We not only stayed there but had our wedding there and it was nothing short of amazing. All of the staff were extremely helpful, accommodating, and provided excellent service. The entire team was great, but I have to give a special thanks to Kristin. She went above and beyond to make sure out special day was exactly what we wanted. As the bride, I didn't have to worry about a thing. She made our day so stress free and everything went very smoothly thanks to her hard work. I also have to say that the food was delicious! I would recommend Ocean Key to any bride!

• Wedding: 11/02/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We are from New Jersey and were planning our wedding from far away and we cannot explain how AMAZING the Ocean Key Resort was for our wedding. We looked at a lot of other venues down in Key West and OKR was by far the most amazing; it is the best place to watch the sunset in Key West! They exceeded our expectations with everything! The sunset at Ocean Key is gorgeous and all our guests got to enjoy it with the privacy of our wedding. What we liked best was that the entire pier was ours and the wedding felt like this was our own venue for the entire evening!

We had 153 guests at our wedding and the food was beyond delicious! We did a plated dinner serving filet mignon or fish and all the food, from the appetizers to the deserts were delicious and cooked perfectly! We got so many compliments on the food. We chose the super premium bar which was worth every penny! Everything was top of the line and they were extremely helpful in making switches for what we wanted.

Katherine, Kristin and Tiffany are absolutely outstanding and I had emailed and spoke with them for months leading up to my wedding asking them so many questions. They were always attentive and understanding and did everything to make our wedding day unforgettable. They worked so hard to make every single detail exactly how we wanted it and were extremely organized and on top of it all! They were overly accommodating to us and were very kind and open to making adjustments, something that I did not find from other locations. They make it work with whatever vision you have in mind! The entire resort, hotel and accommodations are top notch. Everyone knew who we were at the resort and they all made us feel very special.We cannot thank you all enough for making us have the most beautiful, high quality, spectacular wedding in Key West! We will be back! I highly recommend OKR for your wedding, they will make you feel like a priority and you will get the best service, view, food and accommodations.Thank you!

• Wedding: 07/12/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Yes, they charge a lot for food, but they did a fantastic job. Well worth the price. Thank you!

• Wedding: 06/22/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had our wedding at the Ocean Key Resort and it was absolutely AMAZING! We live in Southern CA and I booked the venue site unseen after reviewing many other options in Key West. OKR had so many great reviews and upon my first inquiry I could see why. Katherine, Kristin and Tiffany were fantastic to work with from day one - incredibly responsive and provided great guidance always keeping my best interests in mind. I am a bit of a control freak and they went above and beyond to make everything happen for what I had envisioned for our wedding and all from 2300 miles away. I could not have asked for more from this outstanding team!

The OKR Sunset Pier was truly a unique experience for all of our guests, which was so much of what I was looking for. The Pier is definitely a busy place and although I knew that there would be privacy palms set up for our reception, I was completely amazed as to how private everything felt. I reached out to so many other venues and what I found most interesting was that the people I spoke to during my inquiries were not very helpful and a lot of the venues were subpar to OKR, so when I decided to call OKR, I just assumed to expect the same, because the location was "too good to be true". It only took about 5 minutes of my speaking with Katherine Kinney at OKR and how helpful and friendly she was for me to know this was the place!

The Food - one very common note I read in the reviews was how amazing the food was and it was absolutely true! We opted to do the Surf and Turf, but with Shrimp instead of lobster as so many of our guests preferred that over lobster and they are still talking about how amazing the food was - HUGE bonus points as so many people don't expect wedding food to be of such high quality.

I can't so enough about how wonderful this entire team was and I would strongly recommend Ocean Key for any kind of event!

• Wedding: 04/06/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Ocean Key Resort is hands down the most perfect place to say "I Do"! From having our ceremony at sunset on the Ocean Terrace to dancing the night away at our reception on Sunset Pier - every single moment was beyond perfect! A BIG thank you to the ladies behind all of the planning at the resort, Kristin, Kathrine & Tiffany! They helped us, step by step through the booking, planning & vendor selecting process - providing all documents and information necessary to make the best selections for our big day. We couldn't be more happy with how our wedding day turned out - beyond EVERY expectation we had. We were also staying at Ocean Key before and after the wedding. Ocean Key's entire staff are the friendliest and most professional that I've ever experienced at any resort! Thank you all!!!!!

• Wedding: 04/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Exceeded our expectations on every level.

• Wedding: 04/01/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Steve
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Would do it there again in a heartbeat!

• Wedding: 03/22/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had our reception on Sunset Pier at Ocean Key. The day of our event we were very pleased with our food, drinks, tables/chairs, linens, lighting and welcome coconuts! We were curious as to how separate our event would be from the public, however we never once noticed any outside guests and it was a very private event and their staff made sure of it. Going into the rental we knew the restrooms were a hike from the pier and gave our guests a heads up, however many of them reminded us it would "be awhile" until they returned. Lastly, we were unsure whether or not to upgrade to the "super premium bar" verse the "premium bar", but in the end decided to stay with the more economical choice "Premium" and have no regrets at all!

• Wedding: 03/01/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We worked with Katherine Kinney at Ocean Key Resort. she and they were wonderful. Our daughter's wedding went off without a hitch. Everything was perfect and we were able to stay stress free and actually enjoy the wedding. The servers were all really nice, the decorations were perfect, the wedding was like a fantasy. We highly recommend Ocean Key Resort for anyone wanting to plan a beautiful destination wedding. In addittion, unfortunately some of our guests were not able to attend due to the winter storm Pax. Ocean Key not only refunded their room deposits with no questions asked, they also gave us a credit for food and beverages even though they were under no contractual agreement to do so. Katherine was so nice to us. After the wedding ended, in our room was a bottle of Proseco and a piece of wedding cake, which was really nice as we needed time to wind down and savor every moment of our daughters wedding. We love Ocean Key and again highly recommend them to anyone who wants a full service, well done, professional wedding that you will always remember.

• Wedding: 02/15/2014
Walter
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I researched a variety of venues in Key West and the Ocean Key was the obvious choice. They were very prompt in service, warm and extremely accommodating. Our wedding was perfect and I can't give enough stars or positive reviews of the Ocean Key

• Wedding: 02/15/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

It was the most perfect day ever. Everything exactly as discussed & planned. Never too busy to answer questions or meet with us. It was so beautiful! Over exceeding all our expectations. Kristen & Kat are sbsolute gems! We'd do it again tomorrow if we could. Food was outstanding Remember, you get what you pay for and you will pay to be here.

• Wedding: 11/02/2013
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
S
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I recently married at Ocean Key on Sunset Pier and stayed there for our honeymoon. We worked with Katherine, Tiffany, and Kristin as well as the rest of the staff. All were absolutely AMAZING, professional and attentive from our initial contact requesting information through to our wedding day. We planned our wedding from here in Philadelphia and they made the process so easy and seamless. Our wedding went off without a hitch!!! Everything, and I mean everything was perfect. The set up, decor, food, and just the support we received from the staff were above and beyond our expectations
We had the pleasure of eating at The Hot Tin Roof at Ocean Key several times and each time our server was most pleasant and attentive. They could not do enough for us. The pool staff were also so helpful and friendly. Our pool waiter even called Latitudes for us to book a dinner reservation!
Our room was amazing. It overlooked the pier and we were able to see the wedding set up!
Ocean Key Resort is the PERFECT place to host a wedding. I'm so happy we chose them!!!

• Wedding: 11/01/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I fell in love with Key West when we vacationed there in October 2012. So when we got engaged, we knew we wanted to have our wedding there. Katherine's positive attitude and responsiveness won me over right away. The Ocean Key team was awesome to work with and were very patient and helpful when any questions arose. Our wedding day was perfect! The food was awesome, the atmosphere was beautiful and we wouldn't have changed a thing. I would highly recommend Ocean Key for your dream destination wedding!

• Wedding: 10/14/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

As a wedding planner I have very high expectations. The event planners I worked with on staff were always organized and always had answers and were so friendly. The staff the day of the event were just as amazing. They exceeded my expectations - and the food was amazing too!

• Wedding: 10/03/2013
305-295-7043
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards