Oakleaf Cakes

Remarkably good cake.

12 Westland AVE
Boston, MA 02115 | map
Desserts: Cupcakes, Groom's Cake
Additional services: Consultations, On-site Delivery, On-site Setup, Pick...
Dietary options: Lactose Free, Vegan

• Quality of Service: 3.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

My husband and I decided to have an nontraditional cake presentation for our wedding. Instead of one large cake to be cut and serve all of our guests, we decided to have a small cake on each guest table. We always noticed at other weddings that when the cake is finally cut and served, everyone is dancing and I never wanted to leave the dance floor to enjoy the dessert. We figured this way, our guests could enjoy the dessert when they pleased.
That being said, we needed to order 16 cakes! During the tasting process, Oakleaf was far and beyond our favorite. They offered the most unique and delicious flavors and we were immediately impressed (and we tasted a lot of cake!). We placed the order and discussed the design and cost. Their bakery manager (if you can even call him that) was incredibly difficult to communicate with and our desires did not seem to be received clearly. I ended up going back into the store a few times to talk face to face which helped but I was so busy planning the whole wedding that it really was a burden to me. My suggestion: hire a designated manager to handle large orders for weddings or other events.
Even after all the issues we had, Oakleaf did an amazing job on the day of our wedding. Everything was delivered on time, looked amazing and everyone said it was some of the best cake they have ever had at a wedding.

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Oakleaf cakes was great. So many different flavors to choose from. We did not want to spend a lot of money on our cake, and we didn't have to with them. They made a very simple but elegant cake for us that was delicious. People loved it.

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were introduced to Amanda Oakleaf when given a sample cupcake to taste at a wedding vendor showroom in Boston. After looking at her designs online, I contacted the shop to schedule a tasting. The staff was friendly and professional from the moment of contact, all the way through the day of our wedding. Our tasting was DELICIOUS, truly that sealed the deal, cake should taste amazing and hers DOES! But we also really enjoyed the collaboration with Amanda to create the design of the cake, which was really important to me. We both felt that she listened to what we wanted and offered a lot of suggestions to make us feel that our cake would be one of a kind. The finished product was beautiful and as delicious as we knew it would be!

• Wedding: 08/24/2013
Leigh-Anne
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We absolutely loved our cakes! We decided to go with cupcakes in four different flavors and a small cake to cut. The cakes were beautiful and delicious. We received so many compliments from our guests! I would highly recommend Amanda Oakleaf!!

• Wedding: 08/10/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amanda Oakleaf made a completely custom surprise groom's cake for our rehearsal dinner- it was absolutely spectacular! I brought them a pile of pictures, images, and ideas that represented 28 years of my fiance's life. They were able to create the most amazing and delicious 4 tiered representation- it was beyond anything I could have imagined. Our guests were so impressed and my fiance was blown away. They have such a creative and fun team, they were a pleasure to work with, and they did an incredible job!

• Wedding: 07/27/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding cake was AMAZING! Not only was everyone floored by the design and look of the cake - it was really incredibly delicious as well! I still have a few slices in my freezer that we hope to break out during our 1st year anniversary!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Choosing Amanda Oakleaf cakes was the perfect choice. The team there was very responsive and flexible. They helped me design a cake to my exact liking while working within a budget. The end result was a very beautiful cake that I was extremely happy with. The taste of the cake was excellent! My guests loved it. I'm so happy to have just a few left overs to enjoy it just a little more !

• Wedding: 05/18/2013
4.8/5.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amanda was great to work with!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We can't say enough good things about the whole experience, and give the highest possible recommendation for anyone who is looking for something memorable, both creative and delicious, NOT the typical tower of bland white fluff. Amanda understood what we were hoping for, and her team created an amazing cake that got a lot of "wows", comments like "best ever", and was even featured in the NY Times' Wedding section on 3/31/13.

• Wedding: 03/16/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

There wasn't a spec of cake left. People could not stop talking about the best, moist, delicious cake/cupcake that they ever had at a wedding. We did a carrot cake for our top tier and I cannot stop eating it. It blows any other cake out there. Thank you Amanda!!!!!!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
4.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 2.5
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amanda Oakleaf was a breeze to work with. The entire staff was incredibly accommodating, helpful and responsive. The cake was absolutely gorgeous - better than we imagined. Everything from the tasting to the day off was hassle free and so simple. We went with 3 flavors. 2 out of the 3 did not get very good reviews with our guests. The guests said that the red velvet and mexican chocolate were very dry. We have a full tier of the lemon raspberry at home and thought that was delicious. Ultimately, we would use them again as we were most concerned with the design - which was perfect.

• Wedding: 09/22/2012
4.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 3.5

The cake itself was lovely and very cool looking, though not exactly the right colors. I did receive many compliments on the look of the cake. The cake did not taste as fresh as it had in the tasting, though it was still good, not great. The cake was delivered much earlier than I had told it would be, which would have been okay, except no one was prepared for it to arrive that early and it was placed in the wrong spot and needed to be moved causing problems.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amanda Oakleaf Cakes made us the best cake ever for our wedding!! We had a roller coaster cake, complete with a wedding topper of my husband and I in a coaster car. Amazing! Plus the cake was delicious and all everyone was talking about at our wedding!

• Wedding: 09/09/2012
3.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 2.5
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

I wish I could give them a glowing review but I just can't. First and foremost, the cake and cupcakes were delicious and all of our guests loved them. The main problem that I have is with the service that we received. We ordered 110 cupcakes in four different flavors and a square top tier that would fit on a 10" cake stand that my husband I could cut into. We showed Amanda a picture of a cake that had a fondant design that looked like lace and was elevated on the cake stand because it had fondant points on the bottom that hung down (the best way I can describe it is that it looked like a bunting pulled straight). When we showed Amanda the photo she pointed at it and said "Is this the part that you really like?" and we told her yes. In all honesty it was the ONLY design option that we asked for with the cake and the cupcakes. The Sunday before the wedding I got a phone call at 5:55pm from someone named Tim calling to go over some things in the contract. In the message he says "We close in 5 minutes so unless you get this message right away give us a call on Tuesday because we are closed on Mondays." My question is this: if you have to go over some details with a bride WHY would you call her right as you are about to close and WHY did you wait until the last second? Shouldn't this phone call have happened a week earlier? I called him back on Tuesday and he is going over the details and he has it all wrong. he is talking about a round cake that will feed 10 people and 100 cupcakes. Wrong wrong wrong. I went over what everything was supposed to be and I thought it was all set.So the wedding day is here! I walk in to the dining room before the ceremony and the cake is missing the one design aspect my husband and I asked for - the points on the bottom of the cake. The fondant design is also all wrong - it looked like flowers, not lace. They are giving us a $100 gift card, but it was disappointing to have gone over all the details many times and still have it be wrong.

• Wedding: 08/11/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The cake you created for our daughter's wedding surpassed our expectactions. Not only was it a work of art, it was absolutely delicious as well. It looked just like the photo on your website. Many pictures were taken before the cake quickly disappeared. Everyone oohed and aahed over the elegance and wonderful flavor. You delivered it to the restaurant well in advance of the arrival of the guests and it was displayed beautifully. We had to make wedding plans on very short notice and your staff was so helpful. This was no small feat, as you had to work with us long-distance. Thank you for adding so much to such a joyous occasion. Your creativity and attention to detail are unparalleled in our opinion. You are quite simply the best in Boston.

Steve and Susie Tunning
Middletown, OH

• Wedding: 02/04/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amanda makes truly delicious cake. Our consultation with her was professional and pleasant, and she understood our needs and ideas perfectly. If you want a cake that looks good AND tastes good, I highly recommend her. Our cake was a three tiered apple and pumpkin cake. It was so moist and yummy that my husband got me a small apple cake from Amanda three months later for my birthday.

• Wedding: 10/23/2011
617-299-1504
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards