Oakleaf Cakes

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Recently Married

Instead of a wedding cake we had cupcakes from Oakleaf Cakes. Oakleaf Cakes did an amazing job! Guests couldn't stop raving about the cupcakes at the reception and days after. The flavors available allow you to create some great flavor combinations that are exciting, not just your typical vanilla cake and vanilla frosting. We had three different flavors. Guests kept coming back for more, I'm glad we followed their recommendation and ordered about 20% more cupcakes than guests. It was the perfect amount.

Julia
06/06/2015

We had a wedding at Four Seasons, Boston on June 6, 2015. Oakleaf did the best work ever on this cake that we had requested them to make from a picture. It was 5 tiers with cascading purple flowers. Absolutely gorgeous and they exceeded our expectations.

Meghan
05/30/2015

We first came across Oakleaf Cakes when we were living in the area and strolled by one day on our way over to Fenway. We stopped in for some lemonade and a treat, and both were delicious! So, when we started wedding planning, I thought this may be a good place to consider for our cake.

One of my husband’s favorite parts of wedding planning was the tastings, and Oakleaf did not disappoint. They prepared 6 cupcakes for us with different cake and frosting flavors. And we got to try the fondant as well, which was a yummy marshmallow flavor. All of the flavors were delicious, but we settled on a lemon cake with raspberry buttercream frosting. Since we wanted a yellow cake, we also had a layer of lemon buttercream frosting as the outer layer. I had found a picture of a beautiful tiered buttercream ruffle cake online that I presented for inspiration. We were quoted a reasonable price that was within budget. Also, Oakleaf had vegan options, so we ordered 6 cupcakes as well for our vegetarian guests.

We weren’t looking to spend a lot on the cake but we wanted something tasty, and Oakleaf did not disappoint. The cake was beautiful and so yummy. We got so many compliments from our guests. We even enjoyed our top tier on our one month anniversary! Thank you Oakleaf!

1+ year ago

My husband and I decided to have an nontraditional cake presentation for our wedding. Instead of one large cake to be cut and serve all of our guests, we decided to have a small cake on each guest table. We always noticed at other weddings that when the cake is finally cut and served, everyone is dancing and I never wanted to leave the dance floor to enjoy the dessert. We figured this way, our guests could enjoy the dessert when they pleased.
That being said, we needed to order 16 cakes! During the tasting process, Oakleaf was far and beyond our favorite. They offered the most unique and delicious flavors and we were immediately impressed (and we tasted a lot of cake!). We placed the order and discussed the design and cost. Their bakery manager (if you can even call him that) was incredibly difficult to communicate with and our desires did not seem to be received clearly. I ended up going back into the store a few times to talk face to face which helped but I was so busy planning the whole wedding that it really was a burden to me. My suggestion: hire a designated manager to handle large orders for weddings or other events.
Even after all the issues we had, Oakleaf did an amazing job on the day of our wedding. Everything was delivered on time, looked amazing and everyone said it was some of the best cake they have ever had at a wedding.

1+ year ago

Oakleaf cakes was great. So many different flavors to choose from. We did not want to spend a lot of money on our cake, and we didn't have to with them. They made a very simple but elegant cake for us that was delicious. People loved it.

Leigh-Anne
08/24/2013

We were introduced to Amanda Oakleaf when given a sample cupcake to taste at a wedding vendor showroom in Boston. After looking at her designs online, I contacted the shop to schedule a tasting. The staff was friendly and professional from the moment of contact, all the way through the day of our wedding. Our tasting was DELICIOUS, truly that sealed the deal, cake should taste amazing and hers DOES! But we also really enjoyed the collaboration with Amanda to create the design of the cake, which was really important to me. We both felt that she listened to what we wanted and offered a lot of suggestions to make us feel that our cake would be one of a kind. The finished product was beautiful and as delicious as we knew it would be!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We absolutely loved our cakes! We decided to go with cupcakes in four different flavors and a small cake to cut. The cakes were beautiful and delicious. We received so many compliments from our guests! I would highly recommend Amanda Oakleaf!!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Amanda Oakleaf made a completely custom surprise groom's cake for our rehearsal dinner- it was absolutely spectacular! I brought them a pile of pictures, images, and ideas that represented 28 years of my fiance's life. They were able to create the most amazing and delicious 4 tiered representation- it was beyond anything I could have imagined. Our guests were so impressed and my fiance was blown away. They have such a creative and fun team, they were a pleasure to work with, and they did an incredible job!

2+ years ago

Our wedding cake was AMAZING! Not only was everyone floored by the design and look of the cake - it was really incredibly delicious as well! I still have a few slices in my freezer that we hope to break out during our 1st year anniversary!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Choosing Amanda Oakleaf cakes was the perfect choice. The team there was very responsive and flexible. They helped me design a cake to my exact liking while working within a budget. The end result was a very beautiful cake that I was extremely happy with. The taste of the cake was excellent! My guests loved it. I'm so happy to have just a few left overs to enjoy it just a little more !

2+ years ago

Amanda was great to work with!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We can't say enough good things about the whole experience, and give the highest possible recommendation for anyone who is looking for something memorable, both creative and delicious, NOT the typical tower of bland white fluff. Amanda understood what we were hoping for, and her team created an amazing cake that got a lot of "wows", comments like "best ever", and was even featured in the NY Times' Wedding section on 3/31/13.

2+ years ago

There wasn't a spec of cake left. People could not stop talking about the best, moist, delicious cake/cupcake that they ever had at a wedding. We did a carrot cake for our top tier and I cannot stop eating it. It blows any other cake out there. Thank you Amanda!!!!!!

4.1

Amanda Oakleaf was a breeze to work with. The entire staff was incredibly accommodating, helpful and responsive. The cake was absolutely gorgeous - better than we imagined. Everything from the tasting to the day off was hassle free and so simple. We went with 3 flavors. 2 out of the 3 did not get very good reviews with our guests. The guests said that the red velvet and mexican chocolate were very dry. We have a full tier of the lemon raspberry at home and thought that was delicious. Ultimately, we would use them again as we were most concerned with the design - which was perfect.

Anonymous
4.1

The cake itself was lovely and very cool looking, though not exactly the right colors. I did receive many compliments on the look of the cake. The cake did not taste as fresh as it had in the tasting, though it was still good, not great. The cake was delivered much earlier than I had told it would be, which would have been okay, except no one was prepared for it to arrive that early and it was placed in the wrong spot and needed to be moved causing problems.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Amanda Oakleaf Cakes made us the best cake ever for our wedding!! We had a roller coaster cake, complete with a wedding topper of my husband and I in a coaster car. Amazing! Plus the cake was delicious and all everyone was talking about at our wedding!