NY Bride

• Responsiveness: 2.5
  • Professionalism: 0.5
  • Value: 2.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

I was excited to go to New York Bride because it looked like they had a great selection to choose from. Not only was the selection mediocre, the service was inconsistent. The young woman helping me was very laid back and pretty helpful. The older woman, however, who barged into the racks to bombard me with rushed, unnecessary questions made me feel very uneasy and anxious. I knew exactly what I was looking for but she didn't let me get a word in edgewise. This is the second dress shop I have been to and I would not recommend this shop to a friend.

I was surprised that I wasn't asked any of the following questions (which I find to be important for your consultant to know since they're helping you find "the perfect dress"): Where is the wedding? What is the date of your wedding? What sort of look are you wanting for your wedding day? Let me see your ring!

Overall, I was disappointed with the customer service between the rude older woman and the (although pleasant) younger girl who didn't seem to have been in the field very long. I am a girl who lives in jeans in a very low maintenance lifestyle. While I have a pretty good image of my dress/our wedding day, it would have been nice to have a positive collaborative experience.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amazing experience! I purchased both my wedding gown and bridesmaid dresses at NY Bride. Staff was very welcoming, professional, knowledgeable, accommodating and friendly. I highly recommend NY Bride to future brides! They even measured me for a bridesmaid dress that I was going to wear knowing I was not purchasing the dress from NY Bride - other shops I have been to do not do that!

• Wedding: 07/05/2014
1.0/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 1.0
  • Professionalism: 1.0
  • Value: 1.0
  • Flexibility: 1.0

I was very disappointed with New York Bride. Although my dress was beautiful and fit me perfectly it was not because of the help I received. However 3 or my bridesmaids were guided into dress sizes way to big for them. One of them was told to order the extra length of 5 inches which cost her extra money. Then had to pay extra money to have 6 inches taken off!!! It seemed pretty fishy to me

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
1 Review
4.8/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Staff at NY Bride was excellent from Day 1. They were very knowledgable and helpful and when it came down to sizing they were spot on for my dress.
My dress was a Limited Edition, NY Bride designer dress and looked like what I paid for it. The lace, beading, and details were exquisite and I got so many compliments on it on my wedding.
The Alterations department was just as good, and they took the time to make sure you were happy with your bustle and any other alterations you had.
I highly recommend NY Bride for any Bride looking for a Dress in any price range ~ The quality is much better then that of Davids bridal and Alfred Angelo.

• Wedding: 06/01/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I love working with NY Bride!
While searching for my dress, I found it to be the most lovely dress boutique out of all the others in the Syracuse NY area. I currently live in NJ, but grew up in the area, so I was happy to bring business to central NY.

My dress and veil were so perfect, and after my fittings, my dress fit my like a glove. They took great care of the dress, and really made the whole experience very special.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

New York Bride & Groom was the best bridal experience I have ever had! The staff were very attentive, professional and accomidating. From the very first time I stepped into their suprisingly large store, and all the way through alterations, the staff made me feel at home. I felt their pricing was very reasonable, and their selection makes New York Bride and obvious place to shop! Since I had a few bridesmaids from out of town, I was worried that we weren't going to be able to get all of the dresses at one shop, but a consultant (Cassie) explained to me about their 'out of town' bridesmaid form online that made ordering a breeze! She also helped me pick out the perfect wedding gown for my special day by offering helpful suggestions on which gown looked best for my body type. New York Bride & Groom is the obvious choice for anyone who wants an amazing bridal experience from start to finish!!

• Wedding: 01/05/2013
1.1/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 1.0
  • Professionalism: 1.0
  • Value: 2.5
  • Flexibility: 0.0

Beware!!! While you are being treated like royalty remember all they want is what is in your pocketbook. They have ruined my daughters wedding and we strill have 5 months to go!!! we were so blinded by the royal treatment we did not realize important questions were answered with vagueness. My daughters dresses are NOTHING like we pictured and basically we got a "too bad, so sad.....begone with you". I'm sure somewhere in the paperwork it says no exchanges even if it looks like someone else's dresses....but we were lead to believeicking from a ctatlog was never an issue because they were there to make it right....WRONG!!!....My advice mother's is...as your daughter is so excited and floating with happiness...be diligent....I have alot of work ahead of me writing letters...warning people and filing complaints.....what was to be a wonderful experience NY Bride has turned into a nightmare.....if anything changes it looks like it will only be because I will NOT let this store ruin something so special. So DON'T be WOOED by them it's alot of smoke and mirrors to take your mind off your pocketbook while they empty it....and then leave you hanging in the end.....we have to go buy all new dresses because of their too bad so sad policy!!!

• Wedding: 09/15/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The NY Bride had exactly what I was looking for and I received my order without a hitch. They did order a size too large I felt, but I was planning on getting it altered anyways. They were very attentive and helpful, which my family and I appreciated.

• Wedding: 07/28/2012
Judith
3.5/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Professionalism: 3.0
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

I loved my dress, and the sales attendant that I worked with, but the owner and some of the other staff are a bit snotty. The dresses are also pretty expensive. Found my dress cheaper at another store in the area.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The perfect dress!! Very helpful and really cares about your special day.

• Wedding: 06/16/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Very personal service, outstanding selection and customer service

• Wedding: 06/02/2012
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

NY Bride in Syracuse was fantastic! All of the consultants made me feel real special and they were very on top of things! No matter who "my" consultant was, they all were willing to help me if I needed something. They were honest in their opinions and gave really good advice! The dresst that I ended up going with was actually a consultant's suggestion. The alterations, though quite expensive, were also right up to par and the alterations girl made sure everything was exactly as I was picturing it to be.

• Wedding: 05/05/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

NY Bride was one stop shopping, we were able to get my gown, the tuxedos, and the bridesmaids dresses all from here. I also bought my tiara and my veil from NY Bride. Everyone at the store was so sweet and helpful. They answered a million questions and were so patient with my wedding party as we tried on so many dresses. The alterations were so quick, and they were really flexible with our schedules.

• Wedding: 04/14/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Best. Dress. Shop. Ever. Don't even go anywhere else. The price, service and selection stomps the competition. If you're not a sample size, like myself, the selection of dresses that you can actually get over your hips is more than the itty bitty size 4 samples most places have. It was such a relief going to NY Bride after visiting a few other places. You have racks and racks to choose from, and no one follows you around like they do at the hoitey toitey places. I don't need you to watch my every move thank you. They let you browse around and take as many in as you want! They also store your dress until the big day, steam it and alter it all in one location. The alterations were very reasonable and totally perfect. The store is gorgeous after being renovated earlier this year. I almost wish I could do it all over again! :)

• Wedding: 10/22/2011
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I loved getting my dress at NY Bride! You don't need an appointment, and if you go on a non-weekend day, they have no problem helping you for hours! They took dresses off manequins for me to try on, and helped me find dresses based on the ones I was choosing. Definitely recommend!

• Wedding: 10/08/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My mother and mother in law bought their dresses from here. I was very pleased with the quality of service and flexibility. I wish I had purchased my dress and my bridesmaid dresses from there. Their prices were a bit higher however the service made up for that.

• Wedding: 10/08/2011