Nik Entertainment Co.

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

We had Nik Lite play our wedding reception and they were amazing! I can't even count how many people came up to me to tell me how great the band was. They were extremely professional to deal with and very responsive during the planning process. At the reception, they were so interactive and so much fun it was like we had a private concert just for us! We shut the dance floor down by the end of the night. They were so good, other people staying at the hotel where we had our reception (complete strangers) would stand by the door to the ballroom signing and dancing along. Good music was really important and boy did Nik Lite deliver. They are slightly more expensive than some other local bands, but boy are they worth it. You will not be disappointed. We had a blast!

Services Used: Band

We had Nik Lite at our wedding, and they were phenomenal!! Mark was great to work with during the planning process, and the band was fantastic!! We were able to have a say in the songs that would be played, and could see the entire playlist and make any changes. All of our guests commented on how great the band was and people were on the dance for the whole night! They played a range of music that all of our guests loved!!

Services Used: Band

We had Nik Lite Perform for my wedding in April. They were wonderful! Our guests loved the music and had a great time, They really made the night!!!

Profile Picture
Nicole
09/13/2014

Being 25, I wasn't sure about having a band at our wedding. I thought it was a bit old school, but my mom insisted. Nik Lite was AMAZING. Our guests were on the dance floor before dinner was served! They were so much better than a cheesy DJ. They played a wide range of music, suiting the older and younger crowd alike. The band was flexible in our requests. Pricey, but worth it!

Services Used: Band

My husband and I knew that we had to have Nik Lite for our wedding after we had attended a wedding in which Nik and the Nice Guys had performed. We are so glad that we did! From the very beginning, the staff was accommodating to work with while we planned the timeline and chose the Set List. The band had everyone on the dance floor from start to finish. People are still raving about how amazing Nik Lite was!

We also hired the solo pianist for our ceremony and cocktail hour. The pianist was wonderful and we could not have been happier with the service provided by Mark in the office to all of the performers on the day of our wedding. THANK YOU so much Nik Entertainment for making our special day even more memorable!

2.6

I have to admit it hurts to write this review but just have to give a heads up to anyone booking with Nic and the NIce Guys or Nic Lite as we did. The band was fun and we had a good time but they ruined our first dance. We had spent a considerable amount of money taking dance lessons and put in 6 months to get it right and when it came to the dance itself, whoever was running the soundboard for Nic Lite ruined the moment. Halfway through the song he channeled the music down and then turned it off completely. At no time did we ask them to do this, we provided an ipod for them to use to play the music and there was nothing wrong with the song. It definitely soured the day for us. We reached out to Nic Lite as well, to let them know and got no response or apology from them at all. So even though the band was fun and did a good job, there is no way we could recommend them. Hope this helps anyone looking to book Nic Lite.

Nik Entertainment Co. responded with the following comments:

Note - Nik Entertainment Co. responded directly on August 28, 2014.

0.7

If you want to be stressed and distracted at your reception, do not hire this band. If you don't read on for the details here is the moral of the story: they play good music, but are a total nightmare to work with the night of. After all the hard work, planning, and more importantly the true meaning of the day, the last thing a couple should have to do is to give them step by step instructions that were already set weeks ahead of time, have the lead singer at your head table multiple times during dinner, have someone ensure that they don't drink at the bar, remind them of your names when they forget them during introductions, have a band that takes triple (no exaggerations) the amount of breaks than scheduled, and loses personal property that they required to begin with.
I cannot express enough how much of a cloud was put over our reception because of the behavior of this band.

After hiring them, the process was easy and organized- which all changed dramatically the day of the wedding. It began at the time of announcements, just minutes before we were to be announced, when the lead singer came out to gather the names of everyone he would be announcing and what songs we wanted him to play. When I reminded him that we already gave him this information he pulled out a crumpled piece of paper from his pocket and walked away. The groom's parents and the first couple walked out to no music at all. Then, during dinner, the band attempted to take a break at least five times (they are only scheduled 2, 20 minute breaks total. One was to be half way through dinner, the other during a dance performance). My husband had to stop them each time and remind them of the timing on the contact. Several times during dinner the lead singer was at our sweet heart table asking us what we would like him to do next. Again, we pulled out our phones and pulled up our contract and suggested m

Nik Entertainment Co. responded with the following comments:

Note - Nik Entertainment Co. disagrees with this assessment.

Profile Picture
Anonymous
2+ years ago

Nik and the Nice Guys were the absolute highlight of our wedding. We booked Nik Lite, and they were amazing. The entire process was a pleasure - we worked with Laura to work out all the details such as the timing, schedule, and song list. We reviewed every song on the list and knew exactly when it would be played. The band played ballads and love songs during dinner, followed by party music for the rest of the reception. They had so much energy and life - the dance floor has packed the entire night. We had a number of people tell us that ours was the best wedding they had ever been to, and we owe almost all of that to the band. They are worth every dollar, and they are such a bargain compared to other bands. Would definitely recommend!

Services Used: Band

We had Nik Lite as our wedding band. They were amazing!! professional, passionate, and flexible. Worth the money to get a band, big diffrence from a DJ. We had so many compliments from guests about the band

Services Used: Band

Nik Entertainment was beyond amazing! They made our wedding so much fun...everyone was on the dance floor all night! All the musicans are very talented but also know how to get the guests involved! I would highly reccomend.

Services Used: Band

We had the smaller version (Nik Lite) preform at our wedding and I was very impressed. I have never had so much fun! They had everyone including my grandparents out on the dance floors. They even got in the middle of the fun and had my guests singing. It was a great time. Everyone stayed at the reception until the end because they were having so much fun dancing. I have received many compliments about the band and I highly reccommend them!

Services Used: Band

I lost count of how many people aske me where I got the band and that it was best wedding they had ever gone to because of the band. They were worth every penny and more my guests didn't want them to stop the dance floor was packed the entire night and people from the wedding in the room next to mine came over to hear the band!!! DJ's are ok but Nik and the Nice guys made my wedding great!!!!!

Services Used: Band

we booked nik lite for our reception and everyone Loved the band! we also booked a dj thinking we would want more of a mix but after the event ended the one thing everyone agreed on was that the band shouldve played the whole night!!!! Great Band!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Services Used: Band

We had the 11-piece Nic and the Nice Guys for our wedding and they were OUTSTANDING! We had so much fun on the dance floor. The band interacted well with the crowd and our guests didn't want the music to stop when the event was over. We had a mixed crowd - with ages ranging from 7 to 87 - and EVERYONE danced!

Services Used: Band

Book Nik Lit and you're guaranteed a rockin' reception or party. We booked them for our June 27 wedding and they made our reception extremely memorable. We thought long and hard about spending the extra money for a band versus a DJ and decided to go with Nik Lit, primarily because they are an established name in the Rochester, NY area. They are one of many bands under the Nik Entertainment banner. Members of Nik Lit can change, depending on who is available, which was a bit disconcerting at first. But it's nothing to be concerned about. We ran late due to pictures after the ceremony, and they agreed to play late. We wanted to take pictures with the wedding party with the band, and they quickly agreed. I strongly recommend this band!

Services Used: Band

SPECTACULAR!!! Worth every penny! Their full band is amazing, and they laso have smaller groups available. Highly professional, respectful of all of our musical wishes, and the best band I havwe ever seen at a wedding!