New York Players Entertainment Group

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Body and Soul of the New York Players Entertainment Group played last weekend at our daughter's wedding and they were beyond fantastic! The dance floor was overflowing from the first song to the last. We had over 200 guests from D.C., NYC, Boston, all ages and they all raved about the music, the male and female vocalist and fantastic energy. The evening was a huge success and much of the credit goes to Body & Soul!!!

Services Used: Band

If I could give them more stars, I would. If you are considering a band over a DJ, New York Players are it. Don't even bother looking into anyone else. New York Players had EVERYONE dancing, even the guests that never dance or hate dancing. They were so much fun to work with along the way and the evening was a non-stop celebration. When I got engaged, they were one of the first vendors I contacted. I didn't care what the cost was, because all I wanted was for my guests to have the most fun celebrating our wedding. I would have worn a white paper bag as my wedding gown if it meant I could have them play at my reception.

If you want your guests dancing all night long and enjoying themselves from the first second, contact Mike with New York Players. I can't say enough about them. They're incredible, amazing, fun, talented, professional, accommodating, and the absolute best!

Services Used: Band

These guys were fantastic. You could not find a better band. We danced and danced and danced the night of our wedding. There was something for everyone. Incredible talent. All our other vendors raved about them, so we knew they were going to be good, we just did not know how good. Could not recommend them more highly.

Lisa
12/13/2014

The best decision we made in planning our wedding was choosing the New York Players as our band. Mike was incredibly easy to work with, ready with great suggestions, and willing to be flexible around some of our unique requests. And the band was AMAZING. The only criticism or complaint people had about our wedding reception was that they didn't want to stop dancing at the end of the night and wished the reception was an hour longer. In retrospect, I wish we had figured out some way to keep the party going - it was so wonderful seeing my 85 year old grandmother rocking out on the dance floor, and my new father-in-law (who doesn't dance) unable to resist the siren call of Pharrell's Happy! Special thanks to the Players for indulging me in learning the background music/vocals for "Whatta Man" so that I could rap with my best friend as a surprise performance for my husband!

Services Used: Band, Ceremony Music

Loved every second of them. So did our guests. Can't speak more highly of our experience if I tried.

Services Used: Band, Ceremony Music

New York Players were amazing!

Working with Mike Emery leading up the wedding was easy, providing great suggestions and answering any questions we had. Our dance floor was packed all night and my husband and I danced non-stop. They played a perfect mix of music to keep guests of all ages on the dance floor. All of my guests raved about how great the band was and several took cards for their future events! We could not have asked for a better band and group of musicians for our wedding. Would recommend them to anyone looking to have a fun filled night with non stop dancing!

Services Used: Band, Ceremony Music

What a great band!! Compliments from all of our guests.

Services Used: Band, Ceremony Music

The New York Players were absolutely incredible. Working with Mike was a total breeze and I felt confident throughout the process that we were in the best hands. Every single member of the band was so talented and really put on a fantastic show for our guests. Everyone loved them and danced the night away! Absolutely recommend if you're looking for an awesome band.

Services Used: Band, Ceremony Music

You can't have a rocking wedding without New York Players as your band. Let me tell you, they are spot on. They truly know how to get the party started and everyone on the dance floor. Such a great night with true talent!

Meghan
05/24/2014

The New York Players were absolutely awesome! My wedding guests and my husband and I danced all night. They were so talented and professional. I can't say enough about their performance. My guests are still talking about the New York Players. The pricing was a bit expensive, but totally reasonable considering I got a ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception package. NYP also offers other options if you're looking for something a little less expensive. If you want the wedding all your friends will be talking about, book NYP!

Services Used: Band, Ceremony Music

These guys totally killed it the night of our wedding! They were AMAZING... all of our guests were asking us how we found such an awesome band. The dance moves, voices, tunes and array of music was perfect. We couldn't have done anything better! We will definitely use New York Players again!

Services Used: Band, Ceremony Music

All I can say is WOW!! Mike Emery the band manager and drummer was such an awesome person to work with,he helped me decide my ceremony music and how things would pan out!! The day of the wedding was truly amazing thanks to them!! Our guests kept asking me for there information so they can hire them for events or parties!! Our guests never once left the dance floor when they were playing,they exceded my expectations!! I knew we were getting a great band but I really didnt know that until the day of the wedding!!

Private User
1+ year ago

The New York Players are made up of legend in the capital region. Long before we were engaged, we had heard of the players but did not see them live until a friend’s wedding in 2009. From that night forward, we were hooked! Having the players play at our wedding was such an important choice that we actually scheduled our wedding date around their availability. We were not disappointed.

Our one regret is that we had to conduct our business over the phone (as we live in NYC) and we never got to hang out with Mike Emory until the day of our wedding. Needless to say we missed out big time on face time but it did not complicate planning at all. Mike is a wonderful to work with. He is accommodating, honest and makes planning the music for your day easy. He spends time learning about you as a couple and your musical preferences to customize your wedding. He made time for us despite our distance and hectic work schedules and we are so grateful to him for that.

We used the players for our ceremony, cocktail hour and extended reception. Using them resulted in a wonderful soundtrack of our day. The singers, musicians, sound quality of their equipment were above any expectation I could have set for a band. Even in the Hall of Springs (which frequently echoes due to the high ceilings) were managed perfectly by the players. They were engaging to our guests, high energy the entire night and most importantly made us feel unique (even though they’ve done hundreds of weddings).

The New York Players came dressed to the nines and ready to celebrate with us. It was a true honor to have them a part of our day.

There are other great bands in the capital region but only The New York Players have that “wow factor”.

We loved the players and are so thankful to them for being such an amazing part of our day!

Katherine
09/21/2013

We had Body & Soul play at our wedding. Hiring the right band was probably at the top of our list when we began planning our wedding, and Body & Soul did not disappoint. The dance floor was packed from the moment they started playing and stayed that way through the entire night. The music was amazing and a perfect mix of old and new party favorites.

Mike, the New York Players manager, was great and always very responsive. Mike also connected us with the musicians for our ceremony, the Northland Ensemble. They were also fantastic.

Private User
2+ years ago

Incredible! That's the only way I can describe the NY Players. They are so talented and really know how to get a party started. Mike Emery was wonderful to work with - very professional and responsive. We had a call with him shortly before our wedding to iron out some final details - he made so many great suggestions and incorporated everything we wanted into our reception. He made what could have been a very stressful part of our wedding, one of the parts we were most excited about!
We even requested they play an extra hour. We have had so many guests compliment on the band and even more ask for their contact info to play at their own upcoming weddings! So awesome!

Services Used: Band

We hired Body & Soul for our wedding last weekend! Amazing doesn't even begin to describe them! They had the party going from start to finish. They provided us with the wedding reception we always wanted. They had everyone from our best friends to our grandparents on the floor. Not a bad review in the house. If I could I would hire them again, again for every party I have!!! Can't say enough about them!