Nancy Best Cake Design

Nancy Best Cake Design

Lafayette, CO
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
4.7
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Nancy Best is really the best cake designer out there. She's so amazingly talented, so friendly and sweet. Her cakes and cupcakes are to die for. So sweet and moist. She pours her heart out into everything she does.
My wedding cake was so beautiful. Knowing that everyone not only loved how the cake looked, but they loved how it tasted. Makes me so happy.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We absolutely loved our cake from Nancy. She is a ball of energy, and excited for anything that is thrown at her! She really worked within our budget and made our cake a dream come true! The cake was absolutely delicious, and everyone at our reception LOVED it. I didn't hear one bad thing about it. Nancy was always quick to respond to any phone call we made. We loved working with Nancy.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Nancy worked with whatever images and colors I showed her. She has some delicious recipes for the cakes. Some of my guests ended up eating 5-6 slices of cake, because they loved it so much! She was also the only vendor I was able to keep under my budget thankfully!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Nancy Best cake design is Amazing! Not only are her cakes delicious, but also Nancy delivers a piece of art. I had my wedding in February 2013 and the cake Nancy made for us was so beautiful and elegant. It was amazing, carefully detailed and personalized to fit both our wedding theme and personalities. Nancy was wonderful in working with our budget yet creating something as if our budget was unlimited. She was a true pleasure to work with, and yes, we definitely recommend Nancy Best to anyone!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

One of our favorite experiences from our daughter’s and son-in-law’s recent wedding was the wedding cakes from Nancy Best. They were absolutely gorgeous and delicious.

We hosted two 2 large receptions with different themes and we needed two very large, but different wedding cakes, along with several groom’s cakes. Nancy worked with the bride and groom to tie the cakes perfectly into their two themes. Each one was a beautiful masterpiece and absolutely delicious. She gave us several choices of cake flavors and icing t select from. Each one was better than the last.

Many of our guests asked for Nancy’s contact information and have had her design and create cakes for their upcoming events. Everyone I know who has worked with Nancy can’t thank her enough!

Nancy is absolutely delightful to work with and made our “wedding cake experience” very special. She is truly a customer service expert. This great experience is already becoming one of our family’s favorite wedding memories.
I have ordered a large cake from her since the wedding to celebrate our son’s Eagle Scout Board of Review and was equally impressed.

We are so delighted Nancy Best was part of our family’s wedding experience.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Nancy from Nancy Best Cake design was great to work with! Our cake was not only delicious, but it was truly a piece of art! We received so many compliments, and would recommend her to everyone!!

Anonymous
2+ years ago

Our cake was amazing. It was beautiful, exactly what we had envisioned, and tasted absolutely fabulous. Nancy has a wide variety of cake types as well as different fillings. She really is gourmet. She did a wonderful job of accommodating all of our wishes, even two groom's cakes! They were all incredibly delicious. Nancy does seem a little overwhelmed at times and not always the best at returning phone calls promptly, but it was worth it for the incredible product that she produces. She is also a very sweet woman and a delight to work with.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

The cake was probably the one item on my list I wasn't sure what I wanted to do. Nancy had a beautiful portfolio with pictures to choose from as well as sample cakes to try. I think the biggest thing for me was the value on her cakes for the quality. She is incredible with her designs and the cakes are delicious, but she is very affordable. At the time of the wedding I can't say I really remember the cake, but many of our guests commented on how good it was and looking back over our pictures it turned out absolutely gorgeous!! I would highly recommend Nancy and her team.

Sincerely,
Bethany

Anonymous
2+ years ago

We originally had a tasting with Nancy just to try her cake, filling and icing options. Her cake was delicious but we wanted to try others as well. After tastings at six other vendors I was obsessed with the idea of caramel filling, but we hadn't found someone who had that option AND we liked their cake. I called Nancy and asked her if that was something she could do. She replied that not only was that something she could do, she asked if we wanted caramel flavored icing or just caramel. I responded and she said that she would make us a sample to include both white wine cake and her black chocolate cake with both salted and unsalted caramel. We loved it and decided to get our fancy cake out of the white wine with caramel and get a sheet cake and a half of the black chocolate. The cake was beautiful (and Nancy was inventive since some where along the way no one ended up dropping off the ribbon that was supposed to go around the tiers of the cake), Nancy did a wonderful job with the flowers that were left over to make the cake beautiful and everyone at the wedding had nothing but praise for how amazing delicious and moist the cakes were. The only down side is that we're going to have to get another cake from Nancy because everyone loved it so much there was no chocolate cake left despite the fact that we had cake for more guests than we had!
Nancy's prices are fantastic, out of everyone we tasted with her prices were the best and she gave us EXACTLY what we wanted and asked for. Her cake was amazing and she was always courteous and professional.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Nancy made 2 beautiful cakes. She was very accommodating and helpful. She provided us with 7 or so flavors to taste test as well as a gluten free cake for me to try. Her presentation was gorgeous!

ashleu
06/09/2012
4.3

She did such a beautiful job on our cake. It was so pretty in the pictures. Thank you Nancy!

Private User
2+ years ago

nancy was one of my best vendors. She answered all of my questions and really created a cake we loved! She made is mini cakes with different designs for us to see different options of cakes layers and fillings. It was amazing to work with Nancy and the cake was yummy!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We had the most beautiful cake! We did a snowflake motif and Nancy hand made tons of snowflakes to go on our cake including this gorgeous 3-D snowflake topper. Plus the cake inside was delicious and we got so many compliments on it. She brought us so many types of cakes and fillings to try then brought us even more when we were starting to decide what combinations we wanted. Plus she constantly throws in extra things here and there. For instance a whole big extra cake that we used at the post rehearsal dinner get together for out of town guests because my husband is in the military. She can be a little scatter-brained but it is just because she is working so incredibly hard all the time. Everything was perfect and my cake was more amazing then I could have ever imagined. Plus the price was so reasonable. We went with shorter layers and had cake for 150 for just over $400. She just charges per person not by what you want on the outside so we did not get charged extra for all the snowflakes she made for the outside. I wish I could attach a photo because our cake was so amazing. Use Nancy Best!

monica
08/07/2011

HI Nancy!!

Me and Joe really thought you were an exceptionally nice person. For our first meeting we were drilling you about your services because we wanted to ensure we got the right person. You were so professional and kind. When we did the sampling I could not believe what you did for us! You provided 3 different types of fondant to try. 3 frosting flavors, and several different cakes to try. We were floored at how much cake you gave us. We had a hard time deciding on a flavor because they were all good. We wanted a cake that was affordable, yummy and very beautiful. Your carrot cake and lemon cake was super moist and very good. Thanks for doing all the different combinations for our wedding cake. Our guests stated, "wow, that cake was good." I loved the look of our cake, and the quality. You truly are a remarkable person and I will miss talking with you. You have a heart for this business and I can see that you love what you do. Thanks again for providing us with a great cake. In the future, you will be hearing from me so you can make me another yummy cake!!
I wished they had a way to upload pictures so people can see what you did for my wedding. it was such an elegant cake.
Love Monica & Joseph

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Nancy was amazing! She is very friendly and her cakes are awesome! We had centerpiece cakes at each table which consisted of three different types of cake and we also had a two tier cake for the head table and the cake cutting ceremony. All of the cakes were amazing! All of our guests enjoyed the cakes and commented on how great they were. The designs were simple but beautiful and the prices were very reasonable. She was wonderful to work with and I highly recommend her!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I worked in a bakery for many years, making me kind of a pastry snob. I wanted a great tasting cake. Future-wife put me in charge of finding the baker. I found Nancy. Nancy was absolutely awesome! Our cake was delicious, looked great, and complimented my face rather well if I might say so myself. (Thanks wifey.) Anyway, as I guy I loved the food tastings - especially all the cake shops. Hands down Nancy blew her competition out of the water, her cake is moist and flavorful. This pastry snob wants his cakes made by Nancy Best. Thanks Nancy!