My Makeup Rocks

4.7
Flexibility
Akire17
07/12/2014

Amazing miracle workers... need I say more?

Jessica
11/02/2013

I loved working with Teresa and Lindsey. Lindsey did my make-up for my Bridal session, and she did my make-up and my Mom's make-up on Wedding day. We had the airbrushing done, and I loved how I looked on Wedding day. They are happy to look at pictures and advise you on what will look best. They always have a high standard. They also finished in the right amount of time and are fun to be around.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Theresa was very professional and friendly. She was very efficient and helpful and gave me my money's worth. Everyone looked beautiful.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I had a airbrush tan done & it looked great, very natural. My mother, who has very light skin had hers done & it was just enough color. We all looked great & it lasted a long time.

2+ years ago

My Make Up Rocks made my daughters and I feel very special on such special day..

Services Used: Beauty & Health

The only issue the whole day of my wedding was that my hair dresser for the wedding got the stomach flu. I felt so bad for her. After a little confusion Teresa with my make up rocks had gotten us another girl. There was a communication issue but it was quickly resolved and the hair and make up came out wonderful! Thanks Teresa!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Candi and Devin were amazing! I enjoyed watching them bring out the glam in all of us!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Absolutely amazing company and people. The make up and hair artist are creative and work with you and give you ideas. Fabulous ideas, amazing people and great results!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

If you are looking for the person who is going to make you look a movie star on one of the most special days of you life - you don't need to look any further!
Theresa of My Makeup Rocks is a truly talented makeup artist and also, such a sweet, honest, super fun person!
I wouldn't trust anyone else to do my makeup.
I received so many compliments the day of the wedding! I danced and danced all night long and my makeup did not budge! My girls also looked gorgeous. You could just tell everyone was so happy with the outcome and couldn't quit looking in the mirror! It made me happy that I chose the best option when choosing a makeup artist. Feeling that good about how you look is such a great feeling!
I can't say enough about this company.
Not only did Theresa show up ready to rock - she made the day so fun!
I can't recommend My Makeup Rocks enough - if you want to look amazing, feel gorgeous, and rock your wedding/event/photo session Theresa and My Makeup Rocks is definitley who you need to book!
Love her!

2+ years ago

Theresa did an amazing job with my airbrush makeup for my wedding! It looked perfect and lasted all through the night!

2+ years ago

The makeup and hair for my sister's wedding was beautiful! All of the staff were very professional and made everyone feel calm and relaxed and we all had a blast getting ready for the wedding. Would definitely recommend them to anyone!

3.2

Overall they were ok. I probably wouldn't have used them again. I wasn't really happy with my trial, and I would suggest to anyone to do a trial before you sign a contract. The makeup made me look old. And I think it's the product they use, Mac. It's not always "the best". Someone else did my makeup for my bridal portraits, and I liked it much more. We had two hair people and two makeup artists. Candy, the main hair person was great, and definitley the best of the four. The other guy doing hair, not so much. The makeup could have been better.

3.9

This company came highly recommended to me. They are very nice and helpful and easy to work with. I was able to schedule both hair and makeup very close to my wedding date. I think the service is pretty expensive and paying for trials is separate and almost the same cost as your actual date, but they do come on site and are experienced.
I was satisfied with what they did. We ran behind getting ready on my wedding day and didn't have as much time as I would have liked to take pictures because they were late. Which is still frustrating. I know the location was a little off the beaten path, but they should be sure they know where they are going ahead of time. But everyone I worked with was VERY nice, friendly, accommodating and helpful. My hair was not quite like my trial, but everyone still thought it was beautiful. It stayed up and I did really still like it. I think airbrush makeup, in Houston, outside is DEFINITELY the way to go.

My Makeup Rocks responded with the following comments:

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. I apologize that the artist was late. This is the first I've heard and will make sure to address it. I'm glad that in the end you were happy with everything. If you ever need anything in the future, I'd be happy to work out a deal with you for our artist running late and cutting into some of your picture time. We wish you a very happy future with you and your new hubby :)

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I love this company the two girls that helped me look wonderful on my big day are so amazing. They are two down to earth girls and very wonderful! Thanks so much Theresa for making me look so great! I cant remember the girls name who did my hair (sorry) but she was so amazing!

My Makeup Rocks responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for the review Kirby. It was a pleasure to be able to work with you on your big day and I am glad we were able to make you happy :) Candi was the hairstylist that did the hair. THanks, Theresa

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Theresa was a little late, but the hair stylist showed up early and started our hair while she was enroute. I had mine and my daughter's (maid of honor) hair and makeup done. Our hair turned out beautifully and made us feel like princesses in a fairy tale.
Theresa did an amazing job on our makeup. She made us look beautiful and very natural. I felt like I still looked like myself and not caked down with the makeup. My daughter had the basic makeup done and I had airbrush. Both turned out amazing. Highly recommend.

My Makeup Rocks responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us the review! I'm so glad we were able to help, and especially that you put your faith in us from out of town and not getting to meet us before hand. We wish you the best :)

Services Used: Beauty & Health

My Make Up Rocks is fabulous!! I had them do my make up for my wedding and bridal pictures and was super happy. They say their make up is water proof and sweat proof. It's soooooo true!! When I was getting ready for my wedding I was calm and cool but when I got down the stairs to meet up with my dad to walk down the aisle, I started balling my eyes out. I patted my eyes dry and walked down the aisle. I asked my girls afterwards if they could tell that I had cried my eyes out and no one could tell.

In fact one of my girls was so happy her make up that she had them do hers for her wedding 6 months after I got married.

My Make Up Rocks is very professional, nice, funny, and easy to work with, as a bride and a bridesmaid. If you are looking for someone to who you can trust, enjoy working with that takes the stress out of the BIG day, and make you look beautiful, then you found the right company.

Thanks for everything!!!! You made my day wonderful and my friends too.

Angela S.
Texas

My Makeup Rocks responded with the following comments:

THank you so much for the amazing review Angela! We adore you :) So glad we got to see you again for Melissa's Wedding and that you now have a fabulous hairstylist for your haircuts as well :)