MVP Hair & Make-up Artistry

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I had the pleasure of working with MVP for my wedding in May 2015 in playa del Carmen. They were by far and away my favorite vendor to work with while planning my big day. Edgar was so responsive, always getting back to me within hours of emailing him. He was patient with all of my questions and very accommodating not with any scheduling requests or changes to the services I wanted/number of guests etc.

When I arrived for my wedding week, I met Melissa on the first day for my trial. As someone who lives in New York City, hair and makeup was one area I was nervous about when I decided on a destination wedding. Well Melissa absolutely blew me away. That same day, I wound up adding her services for my rehearsal dinner and canceling my appointment with the hotel stylists. She is so talented and makes you feel and look your absolute best. She listens and gives advice without forcing it upon you. Within a few minutes of meeting her, I felt like she was an old girlfriend I had known for years. I just wish she lived closer so I could have her do my hair and makeup more often!!
If you are getting married in the Riviera Maya area, book MVP asap! You won't be disappointed!

Melissa and Edgar, thank you again for all you did in making my week and wedding day something I'll never forget!!

Julie
05/24/2015

Melissa and her team were so detail oriented and most importantly, incredibly skilled. Everyones contouring and eye makeup looked especially stunning. My wedding day was truly one of the most relaxed days of my destination wedding because I knew I was in great hands. 5 stars all around.

Revina
05/20/2015

the best hair and make up professional in cancun

Loved how she made me look more beautiful than ever on my wedding day :)

She is by far the best

Recently Married

Edgar is one of the most responsive and professional people I've ever met--and I'm a lawyer! His service lets you know that you're in good hands immediately. I booked Melissa for the whole package--trial, rehearsal dinner, wedding and TTD and I couldn't be happier! She has impeccable style and taste and understood what I was looking for immediately. I'm so glad I trusted her to create my looks--I've never felt more gorgeous! She is a wizard! Everyone on her team is amazing too--my girls looked like a million bucks. Weeks after the wedding and I'm still thinking of reasons to book Melissa again! :)

Recently Married

On the day of my best friend's wedding we had our makeup and hair done by MVP and they knocked it out of the park! Besides making the bride's features naturally pop, Melissa and her team helped the entire bridal party and both mothers look and feel their best. They listened to our requests, and added an extra touch of glamour that we didn't know was even possibly! I have never felt more beautiful, and my hair and makeup lasted all day and night! They use the best products and are so talented!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I could not be happier that I chose Melissa for my hair and makeup on my wedding day and would recommend her to anyone planning a wedding in Tulum. She and her husband Edgar were so wonderful to work with. Besides being AMAZING at what she does, her energy was great. Edgar was very responsive to every email I sent, and so kind as well. I felt beautiful at my rehearsal dinner and wedding day thanks to Melissa.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

My husband and I had a three day Indian-Egyptian wedding at the Hard Rock Riviera Maya Feb 13-Feb15 2015. Melissa was a pleasure to work with and went above and beyond her role. She was very prompt and was able to easily establish unique looks for each event without any real help from me! Edgar was also great to work with during the whole booking process. Their professionalism is top-notch and services even better!
MVP is a must for your destination wedding!

Jason and Joni
Recently Married

Melissa and Edgar were wonderful to work with. Melissa did an awesome job on my bridesmaids hair/makeup, as well as mine. It was out of my comfort zone to get pampered like that, and I was so very happy with final result. Great wholesome people!

Nikki
01/07/2015

Melissa and Edgar were amazing to work with. Melissa is incredibly talented and Edgar is super responsive.

Teena
01/06/2015

My wife and I could not be happier with Melissa and MVP! Working with this delightful husband-and-wife team was easy and fun... and well worth the money. (Edgar runs the business side while Melissa handles the creative side.)

Our photos turned out beautifully, and we have seriously never looked better -- while still looking like ourselves, which was very important to us.

Melissa used our \"inspiration photos\" as a starting point and customized our looks to make sure we still looked natural yet stunning. She walked us through each step of the process, making sure we were happy with the results.

If you\'re having professional photographs taken, then you should really hire a professional hair and/or makeup artist to make sure you look your absolute best on your big day. Trust me... it\'s well worth the extra money.

You can see some of our photos here:

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Edgar was amazing and answered all my emails and questions in a timely manner.
As a Canadian bride I was very nervous to pay for makeup/hair service without meeting face to face before hand.
After my consultation (day before wedding) I knew that I had made a great decision by hiring MVP!
Myself, 3 bridesmaids, and my mother all used MVP. Melissa brought 2 extra stylist and they did an outstanding job.
The only thing that I wish had happened differently was having my hair and makeup done earlier. Everyone was ready before me, and we we're crazy super rushed when it came time for myself.
Also, my lipstick was a light pink and in our wedding pictures my lips look bare.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I booked MVP after reading all the amazing reviews and I am so happy that I did. I initially wasn't keen on spending a lot on hair and makeup but after reading all the reviews and seeing the magic that Melissa creates, I decided this area was the one area I was going to splurge on. Coordinating with her husband Edgar was seamless - he was always responding promptly and answering any questions I had. When we went for my trial run - all I can say is wow. I came to her with a sheet of how I wanted my hair and makeup done and she literally made it come to life. I have honestly never felt more beautiful in my life. She has an amazing attention to detail - if something is out of place or she is not happy with it, she will keep working until it's right. Day of wedding, herself and two assistants arrived at our hotel and wow, did they ever work their magic. I had some of my girls who hadn't even planned to get their hair and makeup done get it done as they were so impressed. She literally made all of us look like Hollywood stars. She is one of the kindest people I have ever met as well - easygoing and wonderful to talk to and you can tell how much she loves what she does. I would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone and will definitely be looking her up when I am in the Mayan again and need hair and makeup completed or just want to go for a drink with an awesome girl! You're awesome Melissa! :)

1+ year ago

After extensive research online, MVP seemed like the best choice for our destination wedding in cancun! My experience with Edgar and Melissa affirmed that!

Before communicating with Edgar, I obviously had some reservations about picking vendors from miles away. After communicating with Edgar over email – I knew I had made a great decision! He was very professional, timely and responsive in all his emails and really took the time to ensure that all my questions were answered.

I had my trial the day before my mehndi (a traditional indian ceremony)- I knew I was in good hands after that!! Melissa did my hair and make-up on three occasions (trial included) and I loved every look! She does a great job of listening to the look that you are going for, as well as offering her expert opinion to make sure the look is flawless. I received many compliments from everybody on our amazing I looked!

On the day of the wedding, I had arranged for make-up and hair for myself as well as 2 of my bridesmaids – one of my other bridesmaids decided to get her hair done last minute (we asked the night before the wedding) and Melissa was able to accommodate by coming in earlier. This was very much appreciated by myself as well as my bridesmaid.

All in all, Melissa did an absolutely phenomenal job – every time I look back at my pictures, I can’t believe how flawless everything looked – especially my eyes! J

Samantha
07/12/2014

Melissa is a dream come true- she's super sweet, patient, honest and determined. During my trial she took all of my visions and created something beautiful. She was honest every step of the way with what was and wasn't feasible given that I'm very fair and have super short, thin hair. The day of my wedding her and her team put not only myself, but my bridesmaids at ease. My bridesmaids had many demands and questions- even driving me nuts- and she created a masterpiece in all of us. She was so focused and neurotic on making my hair absolutely perfect that she kept adjusting my extensions taking them in and out at least 5 times! She wouldn't stop until she was absolutely happy with the outcome. All night long I kept hearing how stunning I looked and I honestly owe it all to Melissa and her team. I wish she lived in NY so I could use her all the time!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

There are no words to describe how amazing MVP is... But I'll try :). Melissa is perfection. She delivered more than I could have ever expected. I was literally in tears because I have never felt more beautiful. She is worth every penny, and more. She also helped my wedding day run smoothly and timed everything out perfectly. I would (and will) recommend her over and over!

1+ year ago

Melissa and Edgar were absolutely wonderful to work with!! Edgar was nothing but professional and very quick to respond to my many emails. I had a large bridal party and Melissa was so patient in providing her services to make everyone look beautiful! I had a hair/make-up trial as well as having her do my hair/make-up for both my rehearsal dinner and wedding day. She was able to create hair styles and make-up exactly what I had envisioned for both. I wish she could do my make-up everyday! :) She stayed with me for most of my wedding day, even without a break, making sure I looked perfect for my photos and ceremony. I am so grateful for her and for contributing to make my wedding day/weekend so special!! I would definitely recommend using MVP for any weddings or special occasions!