MVP Hair & Make-up Artistry

Value:
Flexibility:
(4.9 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I booked MVP after reading all the amazing reviews and I am so happy that I did. I initially wasn't keen on spending a lot on hair and makeup but after reading all the reviews and seeing the magic that Melissa creates, I decided this area was the one area I was going to splurge on. Coordinating with her husband Edgar was seamless - he was always responding promptly and answering any questions I had. When we went for my trial run - all I can say is wow. I came to her with a sheet of how I wanted my hair and makeup done and she literally made it come to life. I have honestly never felt more beautiful in my life. She has an amazing attention to detail - if something is out of place or she is not happy with it, she will keep working until it's right. Day of wedding, herself and two assistants arrived at our hotel and wow, did they ever work their magic. I had some of my girls who hadn't even planned to get their hair and makeup done get it done as they were so impressed. She literally made all of us look like Hollywood stars. She is one of the kindest people I have ever met as well - easygoing and wonderful to talk to and you can tell how much she loves what she does. I would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone and will definitely be looking her up when I am in the Mayan again and need hair and makeup completed or just want to go for a drink with an awesome girl! You're awesome Melissa! :)

• Wedding: 11/11/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

There are no words to describe how amazing MVP is... But I'll try :). Melissa is perfection. She delivered more than I could have ever expected. I was literally in tears because I have never felt more beautiful. She is worth every penny, and more. She also helped my wedding day run smoothly and timed everything out perfectly. I would (and will) recommend her over and over!

• Wedding: 07/05/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Reasons I picked them when I was researching...
1. Super responsive. Edgar was awesome and replied within 12 hours of sending him an email.
2. Upfront with pricing, no hidden agenda. Reliable payment through Paypal
3. Makeup has been tested to withstand heat and humidity to look flawless
4. Package offered touch ups on Wedding Day and TTD shoot.

Why you Have to BOOK Melissa NOW!!!
Melissa is a talented artist and worth every penny for those of you questioning the cost. When it comes to hair and makeup, I'm a difficult person to please and Melissa far exceeded my expectations. If you want to look in the mirror and see yourself like you're about to walk down the red carpet or the cat walk...book her now! I literally cried when she did my reveal during my trial becasue I was so happy with the look. She captured everything I wanted and took it to the next level. Everyone will notice your hair and makeup... with her at your side, it's not just about "the dress"... its all about the look! I looked gorgeous and I'm proud that I can say that without hesitation.

I booked her for the complete bridal package where she did my hair-makeup for the trash the dress shoot also. The best experience ever!! Melissa and Edgar have an eye for photography and made my experience one to remember. It was an awful rainy day on the beach but Melissa turned it out and made my hair/makeup really fit the scene and made the look edgy and editorial yet still very bridal. I'm so blessed to have made the right choice with MVP. If I can fly her out to Chicago for my next event...I will!!

• Wedding: 05/30/2014
Mia
  • Flexibility: 5.0

MVP Hair & Makeup Artistry was the best decision I could have made for my wedding. They were extremely nice, on time, professional, patient, fun, and so much more. I hired Melissa and her team to do hair and makeup for myself, my 5 bridesmaids, my mother and mother-in-law. Melissa really took her time to make sure she met not only my wants/needs, but my party as well. They were all extremely happy with their finished looks. I highly recommend MVP Hair & Makeup Artistry for your wedding or event. I was overly satisfied and possibly the happiest bride ever!

• Wedding: 05/25/2014
Kacie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

MVP did both my hair and makeup for wedding on cinco de mayo, 2014. Being a bridesmaid, I assumed it was out of my hands on how my hair and makeup would turn out since only the bride was in contact with them in advanced.

I am happy to say they the MVP team was extremely accommodating and everything turned out BEAUTIFUL!!!! They received a complicated updo from me at last minute and easily created it- even with my too-long for that particular style and rather unruly hair- I was very impressed!

The kicker is my makeup. I have very oily eyelids and every professional product or primer in the world has failed to keep my lids from creasing. I gave Team MVP a heads up on this and miraculously they managed to make my eyeshadow stick through a whole night of humidity and getting sweaty from dancing! AMAZING! I have my makeup professionally done quite often and this is the ONLY time my lids haven't creased.

As if the hair and makeup turning out fabulous wasn't enough, I have to add that Team MVP was very patient and worked hard to please our group in every way- they were in constant and timely communication with the bride (sometimes hard to get with destination wedding planning), put up with hotel mishaps (security issues, rude staff, etc) as well as managing to fit in 2 additional ladies who decided to get their hair done at last minute.

I would recommend Team MVP to anyone needing hair and/or makeup in the PDC area!!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Melissa and Edgar exceeded my expectations. Edgar is extremely responsive, polite and patient when you are corresponding with him regarding their services. Once you have their services booked, fret no more. Melissa and Edgar are extremely punctual, professional and courteous. After arriving to my hotel in Cancun, Edgar helped Melissa quickly set up and she got to work on my trial. I told her my vision and went over pictures but wanted to give her freedom since she is a professional and would know how to bring out my best features. After she finished my hair and makeup, I was blown away. I couldn't stop staring in the mirror.
After the trial, I was so excited and was even more blown away when she managed to make my makeup and hair even more perfect for my wedding day. I never felt so beautiful in my life (before even putting my dress on). As the ladies looked at me, I heard comments like "glamorous" and "like a movie star". Perfect. Exactly what I was going for. She did 3 of my family members and each of them looked incredible. My mother was walking me down the aisle and it was important that she felt beautiful as well. After her and my aunt were finished, they sat on the bed and took selfies for an hour. I truly felt it was the most beautiful I have ever seen my mom. .
I woke up the next morning after a long night of dancing and sweating with a full face of makeup (it was my wedding night after all) and it still looked amazing. Her makeup and hairstyles will last even in the humid weather. I wore my hair down with curls and was so thrilled that it stayed looking beautiful despite the warm temperatures. The other ladies had updos and each was incredible and unique. And get the eyelashes! They are so worth it and make such a difference in pictures. This is your special day and will be some of the best pictures you will ever have taken of you. Invest in good hair and makeup. I advise you to trust in Melissa and her talent.

• Wedding: 05/02/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Melissa and her team were amazing! I could not have asked for a better hair and makeup team! My makeup and hair was so beautiful and exactly what I had envisioned what it would be. MVP was such a pleasure to work with! I would recommend MVP to all my friends and family.

• Wedding: 02/16/2014

Best.Decision.Ever!

Starting this process I was worried that I would not be happy with how my hair and makeup turned out if left in the hands of the resort salon. So, i started searching for an outside vendor and came across Melissa and Edgar.

I read brilliant reviews over and over again and it seemed that not one person had a negative experience with them. I sent an email off to request a quote and within 15 minutes I had a response from Edgar in my inbox! Edgar was always so quick to respond to any questions I had.

My hair is very difficult (curly,frizzy,wavy) and i was still nervous that Melissa would have a tough time working with it. Edgar assured me each and every email that I was in good hands. He was right!!! Melissa is amazing at what she does and the fact that she is from L.A. and has worked with the best was very comforting and definitely showed in her work.

They are very punctual and professional. From beginning to end it was seriously the easiest part of my wedding to plan! Take it from me brides, you will NOT go wrong hiring these guys!

Thank you Melissa and Edgar for making me beautiful and taking away some of the stress on my big day! Love you guys!!!!

• Wedding: 01/31/2014
Derya
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Melissa was really great to work with, couldn't of asked for more. Perfection!!

• Wedding: 01/18/2014
Sarah
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Melissa Was amazing! I couldn't be happier with my hair and make up on my wedding day! She was very pleasant and professional. She understood my vision and made it happen! I would highly recommend her!

• Wedding: 01/16/2014
Nicole
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Melissa and Edgar were a joy to work with! Very responsive and helpful with pre-wedding beauty tips. We met months prior to the wedding for the trial run. It was a relaxing experience with great conversation. The day of the wedding Melissa and her team were professional yet fun to be with. I had decided last minute to change my hair from the original up do to partial down and I had complete confidence it was going to look amazing even though we had not practiced that in the trial. Melissa has a great eye and ability to to make you feel confident and comfortable in her hands to mae you into a beautiful bride. Thank you so much to the team of MVP!!!!!

• Wedding: 12/01/2013
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was very pleased with the service that Melissa and Edgar provided to me and my family. I appreciate a lot Melissa´s passion for the job, her hard work as well as determination and her patience with me during the three sessions we had. I would definately recommend her service to other brides! Melissa has an amazing talent that she gladly shares with all those brides out there helping them to look to their best on the most important day of their lives. I am a good example - who would have thought that I can look like that. I really loved the hair and make-up she did for me making me feel extremely beautiful! Thank you so much for that, Melissa!!

• Wedding: 11/02/2013
Christin
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Melissa and Edgar are amazing!

Edgar was super responsive throughout the planning process and made sure everything went smoothly.

Melissa's talent is beyond words. I love her acute attention to detail - everything MUST be perfect! She'll never let a client go unless everything is how you want it to be. While she did my trial for my welcome reception and my hair and makeup for my wedding, I would really recommend her for any event!

• Wedding: 10/05/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Melissa is an amazing makeup artist- she made me look and feel like an empress! I booked my wedding date and events with Melissa after researching makeup artists in Cancun thoroughly. I ultimately chose Melissa because of reviews I read about her and the pictures- which speak for themselves! She was highly professional, super upbeat and very creative! Best of all... SHE IS A PERFECTIONIST!! There is nothing I admire more than someone who seeks to produce the best product they possibly can, even when working with drab material (such as myself, haha). I bought the Meagan package so Melissa also did my hair and makeup for the rehearsal dinner and she made me look stunning for it as well! I LOVED my hair both days but ESPECIALLY at the wedding!! It was waaaay better than I imagined it would be and looks amazing in all my pictures, as did my makeup! You must purchase the trial so that you can get an idea of just how much she is capable of, and how amazing she will make you look and feel.

I should note that I was very nervous about the whole hair and makeup aspect because I am Black and read that the hotel salons do not really have makeup or hair stylists to work with my skin tone or hair type. Since I can't do makeup and I didn't want to be worrying about doing my hair I knew the makeup artist I chose was of utmost importance. I couldn't have made a better choice :)

I really only have positive things to say about the entire experience, I have never felt so beautiful. Thank you Melissa!

• Wedding: 08/03/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Melissa is amazing!! She has a gift at what she does and you can tell she loves doing hair and makeup. She made me feel so beautiful on my wedding day. Melissa and her husband Edgar are very professional. i would recommend MVP hair and salon to anyone, who wants to look and feel special on their day!!

• Wedding: 06/13/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I booked Melissa to do my hair and make up for 3 different events associated with my weeding in Playa del Carmen. She did my hair and make up for my trash the dress session, my rehearsal dinner party and my wedding. I can honestly say my hair and makeup where flawless for all three event.

Melissa and Edgar both did their research prior to my arrival and by the time I got into Playa for my wedding she knew exactly what I what look I was going for. Booking the services for myself as well as some of my brides maids and family members was so easy and they were so flexible with our schedules, I must have switched the times on them a few times and they were always so willing to make the proper changes and accommodate us.

Melissa was very easy to work with she was fun and upbeat and helped me with my nervousness. She was also so good about checking in with me to make sure what she was doing was in fact what I wanted. She asked for feedback though out which was very reassuring.

The day of my wedding I had a touch up after my ceremony scheduled with Melissa, I was so late and I honestly though by the time I got back to the hotel for my touch up she would be gone (which was understandable because of how late I was, I would not have expected her to wait around). However Melissa and Edgar both showed up and did my touch up! I was so unbelievably happy and appreciative of this.

I looked into a few other hair and makeup vendors and although some where more affordable I can honestly say that I am glad I paid the extra money for MVP to be my hair and makeup vendors, There was a few other in my wedding that choose to go with others for their hair and makeup and after seeing their work, I don’t think there is anyone in the area that could have done better. They are simply the best.....by far!

• Wedding: 05/12/2013
984-109-6043
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards