MVP Hair & Make-up Artistry

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Recently Married

Edgar is one of the most responsive and professional people I've ever met--and I'm a lawyer! His service lets you know that you're in good hands immediately. I booked Melissa for the whole package--trial, rehearsal dinner, wedding and TTD and I couldn't be happier! She has impeccable style and taste and understood what I was looking for immediately. I'm so glad I trusted her to create my looks--I've never felt more gorgeous! She is a wizard! Everyone on her team is amazing too--my girls looked like a million bucks. Weeks after the wedding and I'm still thinking of reasons to book Melissa again! :)

Recently Married

On the day of my best friend's wedding we had our makeup and hair done by MVP and they knocked it out of the park! Besides making the bride's features naturally pop, Melissa and her team helped the entire bridal party and both mothers look and feel their best. They listened to our requests, and added an extra touch of glamour that we didn't know was even possibly! I have never felt more beautiful, and my hair and makeup lasted all day and night! They use the best products and are so talented!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I could not be happier that I chose Melissa for my hair and makeup on my wedding day and would recommend her to anyone planning a wedding in Tulum. She and her husband Edgar were so wonderful to work with. Besides being AMAZING at what she does, her energy was great. Edgar was very responsive to every email I sent, and so kind as well. I felt beautiful at my rehearsal dinner and wedding day thanks to Melissa.

Jason and Joni
Recently Married

Melissa and Edgar were wonderful to work with. Melissa did an awesome job on my bridesmaids hair/makeup, as well as mine. It was out of my comfort zone to get pampered like that, and I was so very happy with final result. Great wholesome people!

Teena
01/06/2015

My wife and I could not be happier with Melissa and MVP! Working with this delightful husband-and-wife team was easy and fun... and well worth the money. (Edgar runs the business side while Melissa handles the creative side.)

Our photos turned out beautifully, and we have seriously never looked better -- while still looking like ourselves, which was very important to us.

Melissa used our \"inspiration photos\" as a starting point and customized our looks to make sure we still looked natural yet stunning. She walked us through each step of the process, making sure we were happy with the results.

If you\'re having professional photographs taken, then you should really hire a professional hair and/or makeup artist to make sure you look your absolute best on your big day. Trust me... it\'s well worth the extra money.

You can see some of our photos here:

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I booked MVP after reading all the amazing reviews and I am so happy that I did. I initially wasn't keen on spending a lot on hair and makeup but after reading all the reviews and seeing the magic that Melissa creates, I decided this area was the one area I was going to splurge on. Coordinating with her husband Edgar was seamless - he was always responding promptly and answering any questions I had. When we went for my trial run - all I can say is wow. I came to her with a sheet of how I wanted my hair and makeup done and she literally made it come to life. I have honestly never felt more beautiful in my life. She has an amazing attention to detail - if something is out of place or she is not happy with it, she will keep working until it's right. Day of wedding, herself and two assistants arrived at our hotel and wow, did they ever work their magic. I had some of my girls who hadn't even planned to get their hair and makeup done get it done as they were so impressed. She literally made all of us look like Hollywood stars. She is one of the kindest people I have ever met as well - easygoing and wonderful to talk to and you can tell how much she loves what she does. I would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone and will definitely be looking her up when I am in the Mayan again and need hair and makeup completed or just want to go for a drink with an awesome girl! You're awesome Melissa! :)

Recently Married

After extensive research online, MVP seemed like the best choice for our destination wedding in cancun! My experience with Edgar and Melissa affirmed that!

Before communicating with Edgar, I obviously had some reservations about picking vendors from miles away. After communicating with Edgar over email – I knew I had made a great decision! He was very professional, timely and responsive in all his emails and really took the time to ensure that all my questions were answered.

I had my trial the day before my mehndi (a traditional indian ceremony)- I knew I was in good hands after that!! Melissa did my hair and make-up on three occasions (trial included) and I loved every look! She does a great job of listening to the look that you are going for, as well as offering her expert opinion to make sure the look is flawless. I received many compliments from everybody on our amazing I looked!

On the day of the wedding, I had arranged for make-up and hair for myself as well as 2 of my bridesmaids – one of my other bridesmaids decided to get her hair done last minute (we asked the night before the wedding) and Melissa was able to accommodate by coming in earlier. This was very much appreciated by myself as well as my bridesmaid.

All in all, Melissa did an absolutely phenomenal job – every time I look back at my pictures, I can’t believe how flawless everything looked – especially my eyes! J

Samantha
07/12/2014

Melissa is a dream come true- she's super sweet, patient, honest and determined. During my trial she took all of my visions and created something beautiful. She was honest every step of the way with what was and wasn't feasible given that I'm very fair and have super short, thin hair. The day of my wedding her and her team put not only myself, but my bridesmaids at ease. My bridesmaids had many demands and questions- even driving me nuts- and she created a masterpiece in all of us. She was so focused and neurotic on making my hair absolutely perfect that she kept adjusting my extensions taking them in and out at least 5 times! She wouldn't stop until she was absolutely happy with the outcome. All night long I kept hearing how stunning I looked and I honestly owe it all to Melissa and her team. I wish she lived in NY so I could use her all the time!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

There are no words to describe how amazing MVP is... But I'll try :). Melissa is perfection. She delivered more than I could have ever expected. I was literally in tears because I have never felt more beautiful. She is worth every penny, and more. She also helped my wedding day run smoothly and timed everything out perfectly. I would (and will) recommend her over and over!

Recently Married

Melissa and Edgar were absolutely wonderful to work with!! Edgar was nothing but professional and very quick to respond to my many emails. I had a large bridal party and Melissa was so patient in providing her services to make everyone look beautiful! I had a hair/make-up trial as well as having her do my hair/make-up for both my rehearsal dinner and wedding day. She was able to create hair styles and make-up exactly what I had envisioned for both. I wish she could do my make-up everyday! :) She stayed with me for most of my wedding day, even without a break, making sure I looked perfect for my photos and ceremony. I am so grateful for her and for contributing to make my wedding day/weekend so special!! I would definitely recommend using MVP for any weddings or special occasions!

Mia
05/30/2014

Reasons I picked them when I was researching...
1. Super responsive. Edgar was awesome and replied within 12 hours of sending him an email.
2. Upfront with pricing, no hidden agenda. Reliable payment through Paypal
3. Makeup has been tested to withstand heat and humidity to look flawless
4. Package offered touch ups on Wedding Day and TTD shoot.

Why you Have to BOOK Melissa NOW!!!
Melissa is a talented artist and worth every penny for those of you questioning the cost. When it comes to hair and makeup, I'm a difficult person to please and Melissa far exceeded my expectations. If you want to look in the mirror and see yourself like you're about to walk down the red carpet or the cat walk...book her now! I literally cried when she did my reveal during my trial becasue I was so happy with the look. She captured everything I wanted and took it to the next level. Everyone will notice your hair and makeup... with her at your side, it's not just about "the dress"... its all about the look! I looked gorgeous and I'm proud that I can say that without hesitation.

I booked her for the complete bridal package where she did my hair-makeup for the trash the dress shoot also. The best experience ever!! Melissa and Edgar have an eye for photography and made my experience one to remember. It was an awful rainy day on the beach but Melissa turned it out and made my hair/makeup really fit the scene and made the look edgy and editorial yet still very bridal. I'm so blessed to have made the right choice with MVP. If I can fly her out to Chicago for my next event...I will!!

Kacie
05/25/2014

MVP Hair & Makeup Artistry was the best decision I could have made for my wedding. They were extremely nice, on time, professional, patient, fun, and so much more. I hired Melissa and her team to do hair and makeup for myself, my 5 bridesmaids, my mother and mother-in-law. Melissa really took her time to make sure she met not only my wants/needs, but my party as well. They were all extremely happy with their finished looks. I highly recommend MVP Hair & Makeup Artistry for your wedding or event. I was overly satisfied and possibly the happiest bride ever!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

From the very beginning stages of planning our indian destination wedding, Hair/Make-up was thee most important. I'm so glad our planner introduced me to Melissa and Edgar/MVP. Not only are they professional in their work and communication, they are very friendly and flexible! Melissa is highly knowledgeable in modern hair/make-up, yet keeping very close the nitty-gritty details of a traditional indian wedding and making sure my vision for my hair/make-up was carried out. She even put on my 'vail' and pinned my dupata! I would recommend her to anyone & anywhere - especially Indian/Hindi Destination Weddings! THANKS SO MUCH!

Recently Married

MVP did both my hair and makeup for wedding on cinco de mayo, 2014. Being a bridesmaid, I assumed it was out of my hands on how my hair and makeup would turn out since only the bride was in contact with them in advanced.

I am happy to say they the MVP team was extremely accommodating and everything turned out BEAUTIFUL!!!! They received a complicated updo from me at last minute and easily created it- even with my too-long for that particular style and rather unruly hair- I was very impressed!

The kicker is my makeup. I have very oily eyelids and every professional product or primer in the world has failed to keep my lids from creasing. I gave Team MVP a heads up on this and miraculously they managed to make my eyeshadow stick through a whole night of humidity and getting sweaty from dancing! AMAZING! I have my makeup professionally done quite often and this is the ONLY time my lids haven't creased.

As if the hair and makeup turning out fabulous wasn't enough, I have to add that Team MVP was very patient and worked hard to please our group in every way- they were in constant and timely communication with the bride (sometimes hard to get with destination wedding planning), put up with hotel mishaps (security issues, rude staff, etc) as well as managing to fit in 2 additional ladies who decided to get their hair done at last minute.

I would recommend Team MVP to anyone needing hair and/or makeup in the PDC area!!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Melissa and Edgar exceeded my expectations. Edgar is extremely responsive, polite and patient when you are corresponding with him regarding their services. Once you have their services booked, fret no more. Melissa and Edgar are extremely punctual, professional and courteous. After arriving to my hotel in Cancun, Edgar helped Melissa quickly set up and she got to work on my trial. I told her my vision and went over pictures but wanted to give her freedom since she is a professional and would know how to bring out my best features. After she finished my hair and makeup, I was blown away. I couldn't stop staring in the mirror.
After the trial, I was so excited and was even more blown away when she managed to make my makeup and hair even more perfect for my wedding day. I never felt so beautiful in my life (before even putting my dress on). As the ladies looked at me, I heard comments like "glamorous" and "like a movie star". Perfect. Exactly what I was going for. She did 3 of my family members and each of them looked incredible. My mother was walking me down the aisle and it was important that she felt beautiful as well. After her and my aunt were finished, they sat on the bed and took selfies for an hour. I truly felt it was the most beautiful I have ever seen my mom. .
I woke up the next morning after a long night of dancing and sweating with a full face of makeup (it was my wedding night after all) and it still looked amazing. Her makeup and hairstyles will last even in the humid weather. I wore my hair down with curls and was so thrilled that it stayed looking beautiful despite the warm temperatures. The other ladies had updos and each was incredible and unique. And get the eyelashes! They are so worth it and make such a difference in pictures. This is your special day and will be some of the best pictures you will ever have taken of you. Invest in good hair and makeup. I advise you to trust in Melissa and her talent.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Planning a wedding from afar is not an easy task, but after researching blogs and reviews I finally found MVP - they stood out to me as the best hair and make up company in the Playa Del Carmen/Cancun area. As soon as I started emailing Edgar from MVP, I knew this company was loyal. They are quick to respond, utilize the convenience of paypal and are very flexible. Melissa was AMAZING. She made me feel comfortable as soon as I met her as if she was my very own hair stylist from home. Melissa and her team listened to what myself and my bridesmaids asked for as well as gave her own professional opinion. I would highly recommend Melissa and her team to anyone planning a wedding in the Playa Del Carmen/Cancun area - they are worth every penny.

-Kayleigh, CT