MVP Hair & Make-up Artistry

Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I booked MVP after reading all the amazing reviews and I am so happy that I did. I initially wasn't keen on spending a lot on hair and makeup but after reading all the reviews and seeing the magic that Melissa creates, I decided this area was the one area I was going to splurge on. Coordinating with her husband Edgar was seamless - he was always responding promptly and answering any questions I had. When we went for my trial run - all I can say is wow. I came to her with a sheet of how I wanted my hair and makeup done and she literally made it come to life. I have honestly never felt more beautiful in my life. She has an amazing attention to detail - if something is out of place or she is not happy with it, she will keep working until it's right. Day of wedding, herself and two assistants arrived at our hotel and wow, did they ever work their magic. I had some of my girls who hadn't even planned to get their hair and makeup done get it done as they were so impressed. She literally made all of us look like Hollywood stars. She is one of the kindest people I have ever met as well - easygoing and wonderful to talk to and you can tell how much she loves what she does. I would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone and will definitely be looking her up when I am in the Mayan again and need hair and makeup completed or just want to go for a drink with an awesome girl! You're awesome Melissa! :)

• Wedding: 11/11/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

After extensive research online, MVP seemed like the best choice for our destination wedding in cancun! My experience with Edgar and Melissa affirmed that!

Before communicating with Edgar, I obviously had some reservations about picking vendors from miles away. After communicating with Edgar over email – I knew I had made a great decision! He was very professional, timely and responsive in all his emails and really took the time to ensure that all my questions were answered.

I had my trial the day before my mehndi (a traditional indian ceremony)- I knew I was in good hands after that!! Melissa did my hair and make-up on three occasions (trial included) and I loved every look! She does a great job of listening to the look that you are going for, as well as offering her expert opinion to make sure the look is flawless. I received many compliments from everybody on our amazing I looked!

On the day of the wedding, I had arranged for make-up and hair for myself as well as 2 of my bridesmaids – one of my other bridesmaids decided to get her hair done last minute (we asked the night before the wedding) and Melissa was able to accommodate by coming in earlier. This was very much appreciated by myself as well as my bridesmaid.

All in all, Melissa did an absolutely phenomenal job – every time I look back at my pictures, I can’t believe how flawless everything looked – especially my eyes! J

• Flexibility: 5.0

Melissa is a dream come true- she's super sweet, patient, honest and determined. During my trial she took all of my visions and created something beautiful. She was honest every step of the way with what was and wasn't feasible given that I'm very fair and have super short, thin hair. The day of my wedding her and her team put not only myself, but my bridesmaids at ease. My bridesmaids had many demands and questions- even driving me nuts- and she created a masterpiece in all of us. She was so focused and neurotic on making my hair absolutely perfect that she kept adjusting my extensions taking them in and out at least 5 times! She wouldn't stop until she was absolutely happy with the outcome. All night long I kept hearing how stunning I looked and I honestly owe it all to Melissa and her team. I wish she lived in NY so I could use her all the time!

• Wedding: 07/12/2014
Samantha
  • Flexibility: 5.0

There are no words to describe how amazing MVP is... But I'll try :). Melissa is perfection. She delivered more than I could have ever expected. I was literally in tears because I have never felt more beautiful. She is worth every penny, and more. She also helped my wedding day run smoothly and timed everything out perfectly. I would (and will) recommend her over and over!

• Wedding: 07/05/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Melissa and Edgar were absolutely wonderful to work with!! Edgar was nothing but professional and very quick to respond to my many emails. I had a large bridal party and Melissa was so patient in providing her services to make everyone look beautiful! I had a hair/make-up trial as well as having her do my hair/make-up for both my rehearsal dinner and wedding day. She was able to create hair styles and make-up exactly what I had envisioned for both. I wish she could do my make-up everyday! :) She stayed with me for most of my wedding day, even without a break, making sure I looked perfect for my photos and ceremony. I am so grateful for her and for contributing to make my wedding day/weekend so special!! I would definitely recommend using MVP for any weddings or special occasions!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Reasons I picked them when I was researching...
1. Super responsive. Edgar was awesome and replied within 12 hours of sending him an email.
2. Upfront with pricing, no hidden agenda. Reliable payment through Paypal
3. Makeup has been tested to withstand heat and humidity to look flawless
4. Package offered touch ups on Wedding Day and TTD shoot.

Why you Have to BOOK Melissa NOW!!!
Melissa is a talented artist and worth every penny for those of you questioning the cost. When it comes to hair and makeup, I'm a difficult person to please and Melissa far exceeded my expectations. If you want to look in the mirror and see yourself like you're about to walk down the red carpet or the cat walk...book her now! I literally cried when she did my reveal during my trial becasue I was so happy with the look. She captured everything I wanted and took it to the next level. Everyone will notice your hair and makeup... with her at your side, it's not just about "the dress"... its all about the look! I looked gorgeous and I'm proud that I can say that without hesitation.

I booked her for the complete bridal package where she did my hair-makeup for the trash the dress shoot also. The best experience ever!! Melissa and Edgar have an eye for photography and made my experience one to remember. It was an awful rainy day on the beach but Melissa turned it out and made my hair/makeup really fit the scene and made the look edgy and editorial yet still very bridal. I'm so blessed to have made the right choice with MVP. If I can fly her out to Chicago for my next event...I will!!

• Wedding: 05/30/2014
Mia
  • Flexibility: 5.0

MVP Hair & Makeup Artistry was the best decision I could have made for my wedding. They were extremely nice, on time, professional, patient, fun, and so much more. I hired Melissa and her team to do hair and makeup for myself, my 5 bridesmaids, my mother and mother-in-law. Melissa really took her time to make sure she met not only my wants/needs, but my party as well. They were all extremely happy with their finished looks. I highly recommend MVP Hair & Makeup Artistry for your wedding or event. I was overly satisfied and possibly the happiest bride ever!

• Wedding: 05/25/2014
Kacie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

From the very beginning stages of planning our indian destination wedding, Hair/Make-up was thee most important. I'm so glad our planner introduced me to Melissa and Edgar/MVP. Not only are they professional in their work and communication, they are very friendly and flexible! Melissa is highly knowledgeable in modern hair/make-up, yet keeping very close the nitty-gritty details of a traditional indian wedding and making sure my vision for my hair/make-up was carried out. She even put on my 'vail' and pinned my dupata! I would recommend her to anyone & anywhere - especially Indian/Hindi Destination Weddings! THANKS SO MUCH!

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

MVP did both my hair and makeup for wedding on cinco de mayo, 2014. Being a bridesmaid, I assumed it was out of my hands on how my hair and makeup would turn out since only the bride was in contact with them in advanced.

I am happy to say they the MVP team was extremely accommodating and everything turned out BEAUTIFUL!!!! They received a complicated updo from me at last minute and easily created it- even with my too-long for that particular style and rather unruly hair- I was very impressed!

The kicker is my makeup. I have very oily eyelids and every professional product or primer in the world has failed to keep my lids from creasing. I gave Team MVP a heads up on this and miraculously they managed to make my eyeshadow stick through a whole night of humidity and getting sweaty from dancing! AMAZING! I have my makeup professionally done quite often and this is the ONLY time my lids haven't creased.

As if the hair and makeup turning out fabulous wasn't enough, I have to add that Team MVP was very patient and worked hard to please our group in every way- they were in constant and timely communication with the bride (sometimes hard to get with destination wedding planning), put up with hotel mishaps (security issues, rude staff, etc) as well as managing to fit in 2 additional ladies who decided to get their hair done at last minute.

I would recommend Team MVP to anyone needing hair and/or makeup in the PDC area!!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Melissa and Edgar exceeded my expectations. Edgar is extremely responsive, polite and patient when you are corresponding with him regarding their services. Once you have their services booked, fret no more. Melissa and Edgar are extremely punctual, professional and courteous. After arriving to my hotel in Cancun, Edgar helped Melissa quickly set up and she got to work on my trial. I told her my vision and went over pictures but wanted to give her freedom since she is a professional and would know how to bring out my best features. After she finished my hair and makeup, I was blown away. I couldn't stop staring in the mirror.
After the trial, I was so excited and was even more blown away when she managed to make my makeup and hair even more perfect for my wedding day. I never felt so beautiful in my life (before even putting my dress on). As the ladies looked at me, I heard comments like "glamorous" and "like a movie star". Perfect. Exactly what I was going for. She did 3 of my family members and each of them looked incredible. My mother was walking me down the aisle and it was important that she felt beautiful as well. After her and my aunt were finished, they sat on the bed and took selfies for an hour. I truly felt it was the most beautiful I have ever seen my mom. .
I woke up the next morning after a long night of dancing and sweating with a full face of makeup (it was my wedding night after all) and it still looked amazing. Her makeup and hairstyles will last even in the humid weather. I wore my hair down with curls and was so thrilled that it stayed looking beautiful despite the warm temperatures. The other ladies had updos and each was incredible and unique. And get the eyelashes! They are so worth it and make such a difference in pictures. This is your special day and will be some of the best pictures you will ever have taken of you. Invest in good hair and makeup. I advise you to trust in Melissa and her talent.

• Wedding: 05/02/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Planning a wedding from afar is not an easy task, but after researching blogs and reviews I finally found MVP - they stood out to me as the best hair and make up company in the Playa Del Carmen/Cancun area. As soon as I started emailing Edgar from MVP, I knew this company was loyal. They are quick to respond, utilize the convenience of paypal and are very flexible. Melissa was AMAZING. She made me feel comfortable as soon as I met her as if she was my very own hair stylist from home. Melissa and her team listened to what myself and my bridesmaids asked for as well as gave her own professional opinion. I would highly recommend Melissa and her team to anyone planning a wedding in the Playa Del Carmen/Cancun area - they are worth every penny.

-Kayleigh, CT

• Wedding: 04/12/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Melissa and her team were amazing! I could not have asked for a better hair and makeup team! My makeup and hair was so beautiful and exactly what I had envisioned what it would be. MVP was such a pleasure to work with! I would recommend MVP to all my friends and family.

• Wedding: 02/16/2014

Best.Decision.Ever!

Starting this process I was worried that I would not be happy with how my hair and makeup turned out if left in the hands of the resort salon. So, i started searching for an outside vendor and came across Melissa and Edgar.

I read brilliant reviews over and over again and it seemed that not one person had a negative experience with them. I sent an email off to request a quote and within 15 minutes I had a response from Edgar in my inbox! Edgar was always so quick to respond to any questions I had.

My hair is very difficult (curly,frizzy,wavy) and i was still nervous that Melissa would have a tough time working with it. Edgar assured me each and every email that I was in good hands. He was right!!! Melissa is amazing at what she does and the fact that she is from L.A. and has worked with the best was very comforting and definitely showed in her work.

They are very punctual and professional. From beginning to end it was seriously the easiest part of my wedding to plan! Take it from me brides, you will NOT go wrong hiring these guys!

Thank you Melissa and Edgar for making me beautiful and taking away some of the stress on my big day! Love you guys!!!!

• Wedding: 01/31/2014
Derya
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Melissa was really great to work with, couldn't of asked for more. Perfection!!

• Wedding: 01/18/2014
Sarah
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Melissa Was amazing! I couldn't be happier with my hair and make up on my wedding day! She was very pleasant and professional. She understood my vision and made it happen! I would highly recommend her!

• Wedding: 01/16/2014
Nicole
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Melissa and Edgar were a joy to work with! Very responsive and helpful with pre-wedding beauty tips. We met months prior to the wedding for the trial run. It was a relaxing experience with great conversation. The day of the wedding Melissa and her team were professional yet fun to be with. I had decided last minute to change my hair from the original up do to partial down and I had complete confidence it was going to look amazing even though we had not practiced that in the trial. Melissa has a great eye and ability to to make you feel confident and comfortable in her hands to mae you into a beautiful bride. Thank you so much to the team of MVP!!!!!

• Wedding: 12/01/2013
Anonymous
984-109-6043
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards