Music Host Entertainment

Value
Flexibility
Lindsay
05/16/2015

We used Rick Reuther's Music Host Entertainment for our wedding at The BOB. Our DJ, Kurt, was absolutely amazing. He was very professional and kept the dance floor full all night long. He really understood how a party flowed and had everyone (including grandma and grandpa) out dancing. The initial meeting with Kurt went well, he was sure to ask all the questions and listen to what we envisioned for the evening. He was flexible with our schedule (we are from out of town) which was very important to us. After our meeting Kurt was easy to get a hold of via email and phone. I would definitely book through Music Host Entertainment again!

Services Used: DJ

We would not hesitate to recommend Rick Reuther's Music Host Entertainment to anyone and everyone! Rick was very helpful in answering all our initial questions and organizing the perfect music plans for our wedding. He set up a live jazz trio to play during our cocktail hour and dinner, who were wonderful and even surprised us by playing a song with vocals by my cousin! We had a piano but no pianist for our ceremony, so Rick arranged for the pianist from the trio, Tom Hagan, played for our ceremony. Tom was great and did not hesitate to take a few hours out of his Friday to join us for the rehearsal. He helped pick out the perfect music for our ceremony and was familiar with all of the songs I requested. He accompanied my cousin for a song during the ceremony and she said he was wonderful to work with on that also! Our DJ for the night and the after-dinner dancing music was Andrew. Andrew was fantastic and such a pleasure to work with! He had us fill out a questionnaire and met with us in person a couple weeks before the wedding to make sure that he had a clear understanding of everything we wanted from the reception. The day of the wedding, he did an amazing job of making everything so easy for us - he made everything run so smoothly, ensured that everything ran on schedule, and reminded our guests of all of the happenings during the night - guest book, photo booth, late-night snack. When one of the guests asked if he could make an un-scheduled toast, Andrew checked with us first to make sure that there were no unwelcome surprises! I can't say enough good things about Music Host Entertainment. On a day when things need to run smoothly and you need help to make that happen, this company really rose to the occasion and beyond! Thanks Rick!!

Services Used: Band, DJ

Our DJ was very helpful and accommodating. We had a guitarist that we hired separately and the DJ worked with him ahead of time to make sure everything went smoothly and transitioned well. Also, our DJ was great as a MC. He kept us on track and made sure our guests were not getting bored. We had so many compliments on how fun our wedding was and I think it had a lot to do with the music and flow of the reception. The dance floor was packed from the first song to the last! Would definitely recommend Joel and the Music Host Entertainment company they were affordable, accommodating, and did a great job.

Services Used: DJ

We chose Rick Reuthers music host entertainment for our wedding because we knew we wanted the best of the best. A trusted, well known company with many years experience was just what we were looking for. We were blessed with Joel for our DJ. What an amazing DJ he was! We met with Joel prior to our wedding and he seemed to know exactly what we were looking for. We didn't even make a play list we just went over a few basics and Joel took it from there. Needless to say our wedding was AMAZING and I contribute a great deal of that to the music. The music was great, the dance floor was PACKED all night and everyone is still talking about how much fun they had and how great our DJ was. Joel is a professional. He adjusts to the crowd to keep the floor full. We couldn't be any happier with the service we were provided and we will certainly be referring Joel/ music host to all future brides/grooms. Thanks again Joel!:)

Ryan
09/13/2014

Andrew was our DJ and he was awesome! He met with us a few times over the course of a few months leading up to the day and he was always very flexible with time and location. He listened to what we wanted and what we were going for, and definitely provided that. We had an outdoor ceremony and reception by water, so there were some logistical things to figure out, but he handled them easily. He's very professional and read the crowd perfectly. You can't go wrong with him or Music Host Entertainment!

Services Used: DJ

Rick met with us in a easy, relaxed manner that we really enjoyed. From there, we met with Andrew and it was a great fit! Great communication, easy going, understood exactly what we wanted and delivered on every note. He was fun yet when guests requested something that might not jive with us, he consulted us. It was wonderful because we had some specific wants. Our music for the night was incredible and guests have continued to tell us just how much they enjoyed the event - in great part to Andrew! He also DJ'd our ceremony and acted as the master of events for the entire evening. He did a wonderful job and I wouldn't hesitate to tell anyone to work with him and Rick.

Recently Married

Joel was a wonderful addition to our wedding . From the day we met him, we knew that we were in good hands. He was instrumental in guiding us through the planning process. We felt comfortable that he was capturing the appropriate level of detail to ensure our reception went off without a hitch. Joel took the time to understand our personal style, music preferences and the make up of guests in attendance to ensure everyone had a great time. During the event, he was highly organized and one step ahead of everything. The dance floor was packed every minute of the reception. Thanks again to Joel. He did a great job.

Services Used: DJ

We were so happy we chose Music Host Entertainment for our Wedding! Rick and our DJ, Jim Rademaker, were very professional and easy to work with. Jim was very accommodating to our schedule since we lived 2 hours away from Grand Rapids and even met us on a Sunday afternoon to go over some final details. Jim gave us all the information we needed to make sure our wedding timeline included everything we wanted. Our guests had so much fun and were dancing all night long. We have so many pictures from our wedding of people out on the dance floor enjoying themselves that we will cherish for a lifetime. Jim was very good at reading the crowd along with choosing songs that fit our style. He made sure throughout the night that we were happy with everything and if there was anything that we needed. We still get compliments from our guests about how much they enjoyed our wedding. I would definitely recommend Music Host Entertainment and Jim to anyone!

Recently Married

Right from the start, our DJ, Joel, was incredibly professional and understanding. He was quick to respond to emails and set up meetings to get to know us and what we wanted. He was never pushy and provided examples of what would work well for us. We told Joel we wanted everyone to be out on the dance floor the whole night and that's exactly what we got. He played a variety of music that encouraged everyone to dance. He did an outstanding job of controlling the night and making sure everything ran smoothly. I would definitely recommend Joel as a DJ for anyone's wedding!

Services Used: DJ

My husband and I were married in June and had the most beautiful, fun, and hassle-free reception- much of which we owe to the wonderful people at Music Host. Our DJ, David, was truly amazing-can't thank him enough for giving us such awesome memories! For all the brides-to-be spending countless hours researching different vendors (trust me, I was there!), choosing Music Host will be the best decision you'll make. I was very particular about who we selected for a DJ and I had contacted several companies to 'shop around' and make sure I found the right one for us. I knew from the first time I talked to Rick (the owner) that I'd found the right one.
Our experience with Music Host was a little unique in that the DJ that was originally scheduled to do our wedding, Kurt, was unable to be there due to a sudden, tragic death in his family the day before the wedding. My mom, sister and I had met with Kurt a few weeks prior to the wedding to discuss the music selection and timing of the evening. He is such a personable, kind, and professional guy and I felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders after meeting with him because I knew he would take care of everything. The night before the wedding Rick called us to tell us about Kurt’s devastating loss and our hearts went out to him and his family. There was never a moment of panic or uncertainty, Rick assured us that Music Host always leaves one of their DJ’s unscheduled each weekend in the event that something like this happens. David, our replacement DJ, called me the night before the wedding to discuss all the particulars, which Kurt had already meticulously organized and prepared. The reception was perfect and David kept the evening flowing with ease. Music Host is a professional, experienced company that will go above and beyond to make sure your reception is flawless. Can’t thank these guys enough.

Ryan and Leah
06/21/2014

We hired Music Host Entertainment for our recent wedding and it was one of the best wedding decisions we made! The company and staff are exceptional.

Our DJ, Joel, was professional, friendly and fantastic at what he does. He ensured our evening ran smoothly and most importantly, our guest were on the dance floor the entire night! We "upgraded" and had the Jazz Trio play at our cocktail hour and during dinner. The trio sounded amazing and it was a perfect addition to our evening. I kept looking back at the trio in awe and we had multiple guests say how impressive they were.

Joel made planning for the wedding a breeze, even from the other side of the state. Joel did an excellent job with communication and making sure that all of our needs were met.

On the day of the wedding, Joel did an exceptional job making sure that the evening ran smoothly. Joel is a calm presence on what can be a hectic day. Quietly, Joel made sure that everything ran according to schedule
and that all of our guests had a great time.

Everyone is still talking about how much fun they had at our wedding and it is due in large part to Music Host Entertainment!

Joel and Rick are your go to guys. There is a reason why this company is so highly ranked and regarded - they are simply the best!

Services Used: Band, DJ
Alex
05/31/2014

Joel was very flexible in meeting us in the evenings to discuss our event. He was very knowledgeable about how to successfully run a wedding and provided excellent feedback when we had ideas on how to personalize our wedding. He provided feedback in a professional and courteous manner and my wife and I believe that the reception schedule fit exactly what we wanted as a result.

Joel did a fantastic job at providing low-key host duties. By that I mean he did not try to run the show and make himself the center of attention, nor was he pushy and commanding in trying to get our guests to stick to the schedule and behave. He did not run the show like a circus like we've seen some DJs host events and we appreciate that. He followed our schedule perfectly, provided smooth transitions between events in the evening, and rolled with some of the minor delays and changes in schedule that occurred. Basically, he did what he was supposed to do and didn't introduce any extra stress into our wedding day. That is what we believe a DJ should be and he did a fantastic job of it.

Joel's music repertoire was also worth a mention. He did a great job of keeping people on the dance floor. Melissa and I were pleasantly surprised considering our older crowd. He played a fantastic array of music, some of which was a bit out there for us, but we gave him free reign and he did a great job. Nailed all the songs and genres we requested and kept the dance floor FULL.

Services Used: DJ

Our DJ, David, was wonderful to work with and made our reception flow seamlessly. He worked with the venue to make sure everything was perfect. PTSD songs he choose kept everyone on the dance floor, from kids to grandma and grandpa. I would highly recommend Music Host Entertainment!

1+ year ago

Our DJ, Andrew Rounds, did an amazing job! He was flexible with our busy schedules, he was timely and professional, and he kept us in mind as he made sure to play all of our requested songs throughout the night (trust me it was a long list). In addition to all those wonderful things listed above, Andrew from Music Host Entertainment also played music that was enjoyed by a wide range of ages. This made our wedding fun for not only us but all of our guests too! I was continually being told after our wedding that it was the most fun they have had at wedding in a long time. I feel a big part of that compliment was due to the music played by our talented DJ. I am not one to write reviews, but I was happy with the great service and felt compelled to share.

Whitney
11/09/2013

Jim Rademaker was a fantastic partner throughout our planning and big day. During the event, he completely "herded" the guests and ran the timeline. He was an excellent read of the crowd and knew when to keep things moving. Never before have I ever seen a wedding with this much dancing!

1+ year ago

Kurt Enger was awesome. He helped us chooses songs when we couldn't think of any. He worked with us although we were out of state (ohio) and sent all the documents to is in a timely fashion.. He met with us twice at places we chose. He was so flexible with our lSt minute changes. He gave us a cd of all of our songs afterwards as a gift. Highly highly recommend Kurt!!!