Music Host Entertainment

Music Host Entertainment

Add a Touch of Elegance and Excitement to Your Special Celebration

Grand Rapids, MI | map
Genres: 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, Acoustic, Big Band, Classic...
Liability Insurance: Yes
Value:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We chose Rick Reuthers music host entertainment for our wedding because we knew we wanted the best of the best. A trusted, well known company with many years experience was just what we were looking for. We were blessed with Joel for our DJ. What an amazing DJ he was! We met with Joel prior to our wedding and he seemed to know exactly what we were looking for. We didn't even make a play list we just went over a few basics and Joel took it from there. Needless to say our wedding was AMAZING and I contribute a great deal of that to the music. The music was great, the dance floor was PACKED all night and everyone is still talking about how much fun they had and how great our DJ was. Joel is a professional. He adjusts to the crowd to keep the floor full. We couldn't be any happier with the service we were provided and we will certainly be referring Joel/ music host to all future brides/grooms. Thanks again Joel!:)

• Wedding: 09/27/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Andrew was our DJ and he was awesome! He met with us a few times over the course of a few months leading up to the day and he was always very flexible with time and location. He listened to what we wanted and what we were going for, and definitely provided that. We had an outdoor ceremony and reception by water, so there were some logistical things to figure out, but he handled them easily. He's very professional and read the crowd perfectly. You can't go wrong with him or Music Host Entertainment!

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
Ryan
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were so happy we chose Music Host Entertainment for our Wedding! Rick and our DJ, Jim Rademaker, were very professional and easy to work with. Jim was very accommodating to our schedule since we lived 2 hours away from Grand Rapids and even met us on a Sunday afternoon to go over some final details. Jim gave us all the information we needed to make sure our wedding timeline included everything we wanted. Our guests had so much fun and were dancing all night long. We have so many pictures from our wedding of people out on the dance floor enjoying themselves that we will cherish for a lifetime. Jim was very good at reading the crowd along with choosing songs that fit our style. He made sure throughout the night that we were happy with everything and if there was anything that we needed. We still get compliments from our guests about how much they enjoyed our wedding. I would definitely recommend Music Host Entertainment and Jim to anyone!

• Wedding: 08/16/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I were married in June and had the most beautiful, fun, and hassle-free reception- much of which we owe to the wonderful people at Music Host. Our DJ, David, was truly amazing-can't thank him enough for giving us such awesome memories! For all the brides-to-be spending countless hours researching different vendors (trust me, I was there!), choosing Music Host will be the best decision you'll make. I was very particular about who we selected for a DJ and I had contacted several companies to 'shop around' and make sure I found the right one for us. I knew from the first time I talked to Rick (the owner) that I'd found the right one.
Our experience with Music Host was a little unique in that the DJ that was originally scheduled to do our wedding, Kurt, was unable to be there due to a sudden, tragic death in his family the day before the wedding. My mom, sister and I had met with Kurt a few weeks prior to the wedding to discuss the music selection and timing of the evening. He is such a personable, kind, and professional guy and I felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders after meeting with him because I knew he would take care of everything. The night before the wedding Rick called us to tell us about Kurt’s devastating loss and our hearts went out to him and his family. There was never a moment of panic or uncertainty, Rick assured us that Music Host always leaves one of their DJ’s unscheduled each weekend in the event that something like this happens. David, our replacement DJ, called me the night before the wedding to discuss all the particulars, which Kurt had already meticulously organized and prepared. The reception was perfect and David kept the evening flowing with ease. Music Host is a professional, experienced company that will go above and beyond to make sure your reception is flawless. Can’t thank these guys enough.

• Wedding: 06/21/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our DJ, David, was wonderful to work with and made our reception flow seamlessly. He worked with the venue to make sure everything was perfect. PTSD songs he choose kept everyone on the dance floor, from kids to grandma and grandpa. I would highly recommend Music Host Entertainment!

• Wedding: 01/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jim Rademaker was a fantastic partner throughout our planning and big day. During the event, he completely "herded" the guests and ran the timeline. He was an excellent read of the crowd and knew when to keep things moving. Never before have I ever seen a wedding with this much dancing!

• Wedding: 11/09/2013
Whitney
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kurt Enger was awesome. He helped us chooses songs when we couldn't think of any. He worked with us although we were out of state (ohio) and sent all the documents to is in a timely fashion.. He met with us twice at places we chose. He was so flexible with our lSt minute changes. He gave us a cd of all of our songs afterwards as a gift. Highly highly recommend Kurt!!!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had a wonderful experience with Music Host Entertainment! Rick and Jim were amazing and so professional. We met with them one on one twice before the wedding and thoroughly discussed what we wanted for music at our wedding reception. The music at our reception was so great! People danced the entire time. When it ended, most of our guests were still dancing. Everything was done so classy! We would HIGHLY recommend this company to anyone looking for a great DJ!

• Wedding: 10/26/2013
Rebekah
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Joel from Music Host was excellent! He was very professional and did a great job hosting our event. He made many points to check in with me to make sure everything was the way I wanted and made sure to keep the reception running on time. I had many compliments about his performance.

• Wedding: 10/19/2013
Ashley
  • Flexibility: 5.0

David White did an excellent job for our wedding. We are from out of state (WI) and David had no trouble meeting with us on a weekend we were in town. He had great suggestions and also delivered on all of our requests. There was actually an area power outage at our outdoor reception. We had to move the reception to an area on the property with a backup generator and David moved/changed his equipment and setup in the new location in a short time and got the music started again.

• Wedding: 10/12/2013
Brian & Kim
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had Jim Rademaker (spelling?) as our wedding DJ. Simply put, Jim was awesome to work with. He met with us and got a really good feel for our style. The day of the wedding, he was set up and ready to go and helped to make sure the whole evening went smoothly, especially with the timing of everything. He was very intuitive into when I needed to be rescued from chatty guests and when I myself was being too chatty and needed to get on the dance floor and enjoy myself! Every single guest, from the older people to the little kids had a great time. No one complained about the noise level. They said it was perfect. Jim did a great job taking us through the generations, so that everyone heard a song that took them back to the good ol' days. I highly highly recommend this company as a DJ!

• Wedding: 09/21/2013
Theresa & Eric
  • Flexibility: 5.0

From setting our agenda, playing all the music we chose, making sure everything was on schedule, to adding the sparkle and fun to our night, Don was fantastic and a professional in every way!! As part of the older generation, we could simply enjoy and not worry about anything!!

• Wedding: 09/21/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

All I heard from people was, "Pick a good DJ, people only remember the music at weddings!" As you can imagine, I viewed this as one of the biggest, most daunting decisions of the entire wedding planning process. I bet I inquired about 10 or 15 DJs before I finally consulted my Day Of wedding coordinator, my photographer and my florist. They all had one recommendation: Music Host Entertainment, more specifically Rick! Obviously, I thought that was a good sign and got in contact with Rick. Rick was professional, friendly, and informative from Day 1.

I was really freaked out about the reception before meeting with Rick, to the point where I had a down to the minute schedule of events. I brought that with me to the meeting with Rick and he was SO helpful in giving me confidence that the night would go perfectly. He did give us a few suggestions on switching the timing around or making it more realistic and I trusted him, and it truly made the night flow perfectly.

Now, flexibility, professionalism, value, responsiveness, and quality of service mean nothing without the true talent of an amazing DJ and I tell you what... RICK HAS THAT TALENT. The dance floor was filled the ENTIRE night. No joke! Immediately after dinner there was a large crowd and that did not stop until the venue forced us out! I am still hearing comments from people about how great the DJ and how much fun they had. Also, I did not know this was a thing (and maybe its not, maybe its just an added touch from Rick) but he checked in with me several times to see if I was liking the music choices! I do believe at one point I made the call for no more slow songs (sorry Grandma) and Rick did just that.

I don't even want to think about my wedding reception without Rick and Music Host Entertainment and I don't suggest you do either. I HIGHLY recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ. He is the best out there, hands down. Thank you SO much Rick!

• Wedding: 09/15/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

MHE and Rick made a perfect day even better. We had Jeff as our DJ and the jazz trio playing during the cocktail hour. Jeff is a true professional, easy to work with and made the evening a hit. From the moment Jeff took over, the evening flowed. He played the music we requested and the dance floor was packed from beginning until the end. The only problem was that the guests didn't want the nite to end.

Thanks Rick and Jeff for a great experience from the moment we contacted you til the party ended.

This is the company to use if you are getting married in the Grand Rapids area. You won't be disappointed.

• Wedding: 08/24/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

When planning our wedding, we looked all around southwest Michigan at the different DJ's out there. We absolutely loved the professionalism and responsiveness from Music Host Entertainment. I was planning my Michigan Wedding from Colorado, so the planning aspect was a little unconventional with timing of when I would make trips to Michigan. Andrew was our DJ for the wedding and was beyond amazing. He met with me months before the wedding to start planning and getting things organized, so I wasn't running around crazily a few weeks before the big day. On the day of the wedding, Andrew helped with the timing of things and keeping everything moving and organized. Our guests were never bored or wondered what was going to happen next. The day/night flowed seamlessly. I recommend Music Host Entertainment, especially Andrew, without any hesitation. I had absolutely no complaints and if I ever need a DJ in the future, I will definitely be using them again!

• Wedding: 07/06/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had Joel as our DJ and he was absolutely wonderful! He is not like those stereotypical DJs who think that because they have a mic they can turn into a comedian, he knew this was about us and his role was just to move the night along. He really was interested in what we wanted and gave us great suggestions on how to make the evening flow best. After discussing the general timeline for the evening a month in advance, I had nothing to even worry about during the reception.

He organized the bridal party to introduce them. He checked in with the groom and I to see if we were ready for the next event (first dance, bouquet toss, etc.) We didn't feel rushed by him at all, he genuinely wanted to make sure we were able to do everything we wanted.

He did a great job with the music choices. We could tell at first he was trying to appeal to our Aunts, Uncles and older relatives so they would join the dance floor but once he realized that was not going to happen haha, he played the perfect music for our friend crowd. He really knows his audience and is a great DJ.

• Wedding: 05/25/2013
616-459-1204
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards