Music Express Hawaii

Music Express Hawaii

Memories that will last a Lifetime...

P.O. Box 2801
Ewa Beach, HI 96706 | map
Genres: 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, Big Band, Classic Rock, Dan...
Liability Insurance: Yes

Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Well done. Rick was hired to provide music/dj services. Then we hired him to be our reception emcee also. Rick and his family were there on time to set up. And they stayed until the contract ended even though the crowd had whittled down. Rick followed the Program agenda to a "t," kept things moving along at a great pace, and, the music they played were all from my playlist. Rick was also very professional, flexible and accommodating in meeting with me at least twice before the reception day. He responded to any emails within 24 hours.

Definitely use Rick & Music Express Hawaii. You will not be disappointed!

From Esther & Pat

• Wedding: Recently Married
Profile Picture
Private User
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rick and his company did an exceptional job, the music selection was great which made us dance all night long. Very professional, friendly and flexible. He truly surpassed our expectation and will definitely consider him for future events and highly recommended

• Wedding: 09/28/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I are from Seattle, Washington and we decided on a destination wedding. Of course we went with getting married on Oahu because most of my husbands family live there. Let me tell you, planning a wedding from afar can be really difficult, but if you have vendors who know what they are doing and make you feel comfortable enough to just let them do their job then your planning becomes so much easier! We did our research on DJs and we spent a lot of time deciding who we want to work with, when we found Rick we were already set. He was very professional, he has many years of experience and I know this because he did an amazing job at our wedding! He made everyone feel comfortable and he did outstanding with timeline announcements. You can never go wrong with paying someone who is so great! From the moment we spoke with Rick on the phone from miles away, we already knew that he was our DJ! If you want someone who will give you the experience that you want for your wedding I will highly recommend DJ Rick Peralta with Music Express Hawaii!

• Wedding: 09/21/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rick and Edna did and outstanding job as DJ's for our reception. We never met them prior to our event, but based on the telephone contacts and emails, we felt very comfortable with them and their ability to do a good job. Rick played the music we requested and had all the songs available. We even requested that he play particular songs from the decades of each of our guests births going back to the 1930's. He found them all and it was a big hit among the guests. For the last song he played "Over The Rainbow" and had all the guests form a circle and had us dance in the middle. This was an unexpected surprise and was a perfect way to end a perfect evening. Thanks Rick and Edna for helping to make our reception a success.
Mahalo and Aloha,
Bill & Dave

• Wedding: 09/20/2014
4.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rick from Music Express was an excellent DJ. I shopped around for a lot of DJs and his prices beat out the competition hands down. This made me a bit hesitant, because there's the possibility of "you get what you pay for", but of the DJs I spoke on the phone with he seemed the most friendly, and had one of those "moviefone" voices that I could tell would be great for MCing. I love their ala carte menu, so you can decide what services you want, and only pay for what you need. We got the Dj with basic light/sound set up, and that was plenty for our venue (Hale Koa Banyon Tree Showroom). We also decided to add MC services, because we didn't want to worry about making a family member do it. Rick met my husband and I a couple weeks before our wedding and we went through the timeline. He had a lot of fun suggestions, some I was a bit wary of, but I felt I had the freedom to say 'yay' or 'nay' on items. I even had a pre-wedding panic after meeting with my venue and almost spent tons of money on a day-of coordinator, but when I talked to Rick he said we should just meet and he'd help me create a master timeline and think of all the details I could possibly forget - it was awesome, he went above and beyond just to help me out and it made me so much calmer before the big day. The website he uses for you to input your songs can be a little frustrating - make sure you click SAVE often or you might lose your stuff and have to remember all the songs you listed. The half star deduction was just for some minor snags in the wedding program, like I thought I had specified that our first dance song was to begin while we walked down from the stage, and I remember having to say, "Start it, come on please start!" while we were walking down - of course, that could also have been my failure to communicate that properly. All in all though, my guests danced all night and we had a blast - a great DJ!

• Wedding: 09/19/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wife and I were so impressed with the music and the slide show presentation. Rick saved us a lot of time and effort on the slide show. When we made our inquiry to Music Express Hawaii, we were immediately showed the best support. Everything went together smoothly and Rick was awesome in giving us advice. In addition, my wife is very thankful for honoring her request to edit some part of the slideshow. The music was awesome, as well. His music made the night so much livelier and all our guests enjoyed it very much. It was an unforgettable night. We highly recommend Rick and his team because he would go the extra mile for you.

• Wedding: 08/02/2014
Profile Picture
Scott
  • Flexibility: 5.0

What can I say about DJ Rick and his team....they're AWESOME!!! They know what they're doing. They're very professional and thank goodness for their flexibility and responsiveness because we had so many audible moments that the emcee(part of DJ Rick's team-A MUST HIRE) made sure the program went smoothly without a hitch. I hired them online and didn't meet them until the day of the wedding and they did not let me down. I highly recommend Music Express Hawaii because they're the BEST!! Thank you Music Express Hawaii for being a part of creating memories to a new beginning.

• Wedding: 07/11/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rick and his team did an OUTSTANDING job before and during our wedding. We met with him a couple times before the big day and he was very straightforward and offered lots of helpful suggestions for us. We exchanged a lot of emails as well and he was always very responsive. During the wedding he did an awesome job as our Emcee and since it was a day wedding, he filled the time appropriately. Our guests had such a great time at our wedding and I owe a lot of that to Rick and his team for running things so smoothly. I would HIGHLY recommend his services!!!!!

• Wedding: 07/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Working with Rick from music express Hawaii was amazing! I couldn't have found a better Emcee for my wedding. I strongly recommend him and would totally work with him again. he helped us with everything and was extremely flexible with meeting with us when we were available. Being that I was my own wedding planner and this was all new to me he was really understanding when it came to me changing everything a million times and even down to the last minute he remand calm and very professional and changed everything to my liking! everything came out perfect I wouldn't change anything!...Thanks Rick your The best Really...

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I organized my wedding in Honolulu from Canada. We had guests coming from Australia & Canada for the wedding and therefore wanted it to be a fun reception with music from both countries and most importantly a LOT of dancing. Rick was great, he played most of the requested songs (ran out of time to play them all) and ensured the dance floor was never empty. He even threw in a few older songs for the older crowd which were very well received.

DJ Music express is very reasonable priced and provide great DJ services. Would recommend to any bride that wants a hassle free wedding.

Additionally, Rick graciously fulfilled the final odd request by the groomsmen to play Mele Kalikimaka as the final song of the evening... Was hilarious and I think a first that he had seen for a wedding reception to finish on that song. This just shows how much Rick can go with the flow :-)

• Wedding: 03/27/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Music Express Hawaii was recommended to us by our wedding coordinator. We are SO pleased to have had Rick and his partner, Jason, DJ our wedding. Rick is very responsive, professional, and helpful! Fine-tuning my requested songs was one of the last items I attended to leading up to the wedding and Rick was very patient and sent me helpful reminders to get it done! I made my own photo DVD slideshow and Rick was kind enough to offer to bring a DVD player so that we could view it at the wedding. This little gesture really helped us out a lot and is why Rick of Music Express Hawaii is such a great wedding vendor. My husband and I would not hestiate to use Music Express Hawaii again! Thank you so much Rick and Jason! :)

• Wedding: 03/01/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rick and his crew were great! He was recommended to me by my planner and I did not get to meet him until the day of the wedding but I was fine with that since we live out of town. I finished my play list last minute ( like hours before the wedding) and he was still able to at all the songs I wanted for my ceremony and reception. He was so nice and easy to work with. The dance floor was never empty. We had a great time and did our guests. Job well done! Thank you Rick and your team!

• Wedding: 08/14/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rick & Edna are the BEST! Fulfilled their contract exactly as agreed. Professional to the utmost.

Thanks for being a part of our Wedding, family.

• Wedding: 07/13/2013
Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor
4.7/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Rick Peralta and his team at Music Express Hawaii were a pleasure to work with. They let you pick and choose which songs that you would like to hear during the wedding reception. Everything at our wedding went smoothly. He is very personable and we would recommend their services.

• Wedding: 06/22/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wed had Rick on the day . He was amazing, he was fast at replying to emails and his price are very good. He was very friendly, and played most of the songs we had on our list. We had so much fun on the night with great music. Thank you so much Rick and the team for the night ! Miss Hawaii so much

• Wedding: 03/21/2013
1.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 1.0
  • Responsiveness: 1.0
  • Professionalism: 1.0
  • Value: 2.0
  • Flexibility: 1.0

Extremely disappointed with our DJ choice of using Music Express. I had been in contact with Rick throughout the booking process, but then a woman who I had never spoken to or heard about showed up as our DJ the day of the wedding. It was also never explained to me that the DJ was not going to announce our small wedding party. I've never been to a wedding where the DJ did not announce the bride and groom. Luckily, a friend of ours was a good sport and was able to do it at the last minute. Rick should of mentioned this when I sent him the list of the titles and names of the people to be announced. Then the DJ asked if I wanted her to announce the names of the people doing the toasts. I was confused as she had said she wouldn't announce the wedding party, but she will announce other things? The music was ok, until she did played Rihanna's S & M song. Umm, completely inappropriate for a wedding. Be sure to put this on your Do Not Play list if you don't want it played as apparently this isn't a given. We hired Music Express mostly because of the price. However, you usually end up getting what you pay for and in this case I wish we researched a bit more before hiring Music Express. Not recommended. Hiring Music Express was the one thing I would have changed if we could have done it all over again.

Music Express Hawaii responded with the following comments:

Aloha Andylynn

I’m disappointed to hear your frustration and disappointment with the DJ services I provided for your wedding reception. It’s was my intention to do the best work possible for your wedding, especially when you traveled such a long way to Hawaii.

Planning a wedding reception is always a daunting task. Especially so when you undertake the job of coordinating it yourself. In the past I’ve taken a more passive role in how I worked with my clients. I’d communicate mostly through email and my goal was to stay out of the way and not make any waves. Unfortunately this approach is the reason we’re here today.

Since your wedding I’ve implemented much more communication between myself and brides who’ve hired me. I’ll meet with brides to go over the services that they’ve hired me for and make 100% certain that they know what I’ll be doing for them. I’ll take the time and use my 27 years of experience to answer questions they have and suggest ideas that will enhance their wedding experience. It’s been a great revival for me, I’ve gotten to meet so many fantastic people it feels like I’m now a partof the wedding as opposed to some guy that was hired to be there. I wish I had done this sooner!

Thank you for making me aware of your feelings. While I can't go back in time to redo your wedding experience, please take comfort in knowing that you’ve been the catalyst for real change in how I do my weddings.

Please don’t hesitate to call with any further question or concerns you have. I can be reached at (808) 689-7579

Mahalo,
Rick Peralta

• Wedding: 07/21/2011
808-689-7579
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards