Music Express Hawaii

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Rick's overall professionalism and flexibility are unmatched! His willingness to go out of his way to accommodate/include a comedian during our reception as well as a late start while still managing to incorporate all the major parts of a reception show his years of expertise in the area of weddings and receptions. He is the master! There are simply not enough words to describe how talented of a DJ and emcee he is!

Services Used: DJ

Rick was a great DJ! He was also very flexible when we decided to add a band to the wedding entertainment. We loved the Hawaiian and reggae music he played during the cocktail hour and dinner. He helped get people on the dance floor and was very receptive to music requests. In addition, he was very reasonably priced and extremely responsive. I already recommended him to one of my friends who is getting this year!

Services Used: DJ

They say that entertainment is one of the things that can make or break a wedding celebration. I hired Rick Peralta to provide DJ/emcee services for our wedding event in Honolulu and he definitely deserves a lot of credit for making our wedding a successful, and very memorable event. Rick, from the moment I sent a email inquiry on his website was extremely responsive, motivated, and helpful through every process without trying to push anything more than what we wanted/needed. Very great, easy going guy that made the planning part of the whole thing very stress free and pleasant, especially to this 'know nothing' Groom. He was always easy to contact and very flexible with requests/changes down to the last minute. Very willing to go out of his way to make arrangements and meet up to fit your needs. On the day of the event, his family and he showed up very early to set up and from there was extremely professional and made a excellent host to the event getting even some of my more shy guests to get up and enjoy themselves. Aside from some minor requests, I gave him full discretion in the music selection and he did a great job.

In conclusion, you cannot go wrong with Rick and if anyone I know wants to have a big event in the beautiful island of Oahu, I'd recommend him in a Heartbeat. And if he's reading this, Rick, Mahalo for the great work you do.

Definitely recommend

Justan & Yi-Ting

Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)

Rick was wonderful throughout the entire planning as well as the day of our wedding. His aloha was great and made working with him so much more pleasant. His communication was great which I appreciated, since we were planning everything from California for our wedding at the Queen Emma summer palace in Oahu. I recommend Rick if you are planning your destination wedding - he relieves a bit of the stress and worry.

Profile Picture
Private User
1 Review
Recently Married

Well done. Rick was hired to provide music/dj services. Then we hired him to be our reception emcee also. Rick and his family were there on time to set up. And they stayed until the contract ended even though the crowd had whittled down. Rick followed the Program agenda to a "t," kept things moving along at a great pace, and, the music they played were all from my playlist. Rick was also very professional, flexible and accommodating in meeting with me at least twice before the reception day. He responded to any emails within 24 hours.

Definitely use Rick & Music Express Hawaii. You will not be disappointed!

From Esther & Pat

Services Used: DJ

Rick and his company did an exceptional job, the music selection was great which made us dance all night long. Very professional, friendly and flexible. He truly surpassed our expectation and will definitely consider him for future events and highly recommended

Services Used: DJ

My husband and I are from Seattle, Washington and we decided on a destination wedding. Of course we went with getting married on Oahu because most of my husbands family live there. Let me tell you, planning a wedding from afar can be really difficult, but if you have vendors who know what they are doing and make you feel comfortable enough to just let them do their job then your planning becomes so much easier! We did our research on DJs and we spent a lot of time deciding who we want to work with, when we found Rick we were already set. He was very professional, he has many years of experience and I know this because he did an amazing job at our wedding! He made everyone feel comfortable and he did outstanding with timeline announcements. You can never go wrong with paying someone who is so great! From the moment we spoke with Rick on the phone from miles away, we already knew that he was our DJ! If you want someone who will give you the experience that you want for your wedding I will highly recommend DJ Rick Peralta with Music Express Hawaii!

Services Used: DJ

Rick and Edna did and outstanding job as DJ's for our reception. We never met them prior to our event, but based on the telephone contacts and emails, we felt very comfortable with them and their ability to do a good job. Rick played the music we requested and had all the songs available. We even requested that he play particular songs from the decades of each of our guests births going back to the 1930's. He found them all and it was a big hit among the guests. For the last song he played "Over The Rainbow" and had all the guests form a circle and had us dance in the middle. This was an unexpected surprise and was a perfect way to end a perfect evening. Thanks Rick and Edna for helping to make our reception a success.
Mahalo and Aloha,
Bill & Dave

Services Used: DJ

Rick from Music Express was an excellent DJ. I shopped around for a lot of DJs and his prices beat out the competition hands down. This made me a bit hesitant, because there's the possibility of "you get what you pay for", but of the DJs I spoke on the phone with he seemed the most friendly, and had one of those "moviefone" voices that I could tell would be great for MCing. I love their ala carte menu, so you can decide what services you want, and only pay for what you need. We got the Dj with basic light/sound set up, and that was plenty for our venue (Hale Koa Banyon Tree Showroom). We also decided to add MC services, because we didn't want to worry about making a family member do it. Rick met my husband and I a couple weeks before our wedding and we went through the timeline. He had a lot of fun suggestions, some I was a bit wary of, but I felt I had the freedom to say 'yay' or 'nay' on items. I even had a pre-wedding panic after meeting with my venue and almost spent tons of money on a day-of coordinator, but when I talked to Rick he said we should just meet and he'd help me create a master timeline and think of all the details I could possibly forget - it was awesome, he went above and beyond just to help me out and it made me so much calmer before the big day. The website he uses for you to input your songs can be a little frustrating - make sure you click SAVE often or you might lose your stuff and have to remember all the songs you listed. The half star deduction was just for some minor snags in the wedding program, like I thought I had specified that our first dance song was to begin while we walked down from the stage, and I remember having to say, "Start it, come on please start!" while we were walking down - of course, that could also have been my failure to communicate that properly. All in all though, my guests danced all night and we had a blast - a great DJ!

Profile Picture
Scott
08/02/2014

My wife and I were so impressed with the music and the slide show presentation. Rick saved us a lot of time and effort on the slide show. When we made our inquiry to Music Express Hawaii, we were immediately showed the best support. Everything went together smoothly and Rick was awesome in giving us advice. In addition, my wife is very thankful for honoring her request to edit some part of the slideshow. The music was awesome, as well. His music made the night so much livelier and all our guests enjoyed it very much. It was an unforgettable night. We highly recommend Rick and his team because he would go the extra mile for you.

Services Used: DJ

What can I say about DJ Rick and his team....they're AWESOME!!! They know what they're doing. They're very professional and thank goodness for their flexibility and responsiveness because we had so many audible moments that the emcee(part of DJ Rick's team-A MUST HIRE) made sure the program went smoothly without a hitch. I hired them online and didn't meet them until the day of the wedding and they did not let me down. I highly recommend Music Express Hawaii because they're the BEST!! Thank you Music Express Hawaii for being a part of creating memories to a new beginning.

Services Used: DJ

Rick and his team did an OUTSTANDING job before and during our wedding. We met with him a couple times before the big day and he was very straightforward and offered lots of helpful suggestions for us. We exchanged a lot of emails as well and he was always very responsive. During the wedding he did an awesome job as our Emcee and since it was a day wedding, he filled the time appropriately. Our guests had such a great time at our wedding and I owe a lot of that to Rick and his team for running things so smoothly. I would HIGHLY recommend his services!!!!!

Services Used: DJ

Working with Rick from music express Hawaii was amazing! I couldn't have found a better Emcee for my wedding. I strongly recommend him and would totally work with him again. he helped us with everything and was extremely flexible with meeting with us when we were available. Being that I was my own wedding planner and this was all new to me he was really understanding when it came to me changing everything a million times and even down to the last minute he remand calm and very professional and changed everything to my liking! everything came out perfect I wouldn't change anything!...Thanks Rick your The best Really...

Services Used: DJ

I organized my wedding in Honolulu from Canada. We had guests coming from Australia & Canada for the wedding and therefore wanted it to be a fun reception with music from both countries and most importantly a LOT of dancing. Rick was great, he played most of the requested songs (ran out of time to play them all) and ensured the dance floor was never empty. He even threw in a few older songs for the older crowd which were very well received.

DJ Music express is very reasonable priced and provide great DJ services. Would recommend to any bride that wants a hassle free wedding.

Additionally, Rick graciously fulfilled the final odd request by the groomsmen to play Mele Kalikimaka as the final song of the evening... Was hilarious and I think a first that he had seen for a wedding reception to finish on that song. This just shows how much Rick can go with the flow :-)

Services Used: DJ

Music Express Hawaii was recommended to us by our wedding coordinator. We are SO pleased to have had Rick and his partner, Jason, DJ our wedding. Rick is very responsive, professional, and helpful! Fine-tuning my requested songs was one of the last items I attended to leading up to the wedding and Rick was very patient and sent me helpful reminders to get it done! I made my own photo DVD slideshow and Rick was kind enough to offer to bring a DVD player so that we could view it at the wedding. This little gesture really helped us out a lot and is why Rick of Music Express Hawaii is such a great wedding vendor. My husband and I would not hestiate to use Music Express Hawaii again! Thank you so much Rick and Jason! :)

Services Used: DJ

Rick and his crew were great! He was recommended to me by my planner and I did not get to meet him until the day of the wedding but I was fine with that since we live out of town. I finished my play list last minute ( like hours before the wedding) and he was still able to at all the songs I wanted for my ceremony and reception. He was so nice and easy to work with. The dance floor was never empty. We had a great time and did our guests. Job well done! Thank you Rick and your team!