Mountain Lodge of Flat Rock

Value
Flexibility
Private User
Recently Married

sCOTT AND MARY AND THE WHOLE STAFF ARE SO WONDERFUL!!!! SCOTT MADE EVERYTHING SO SPECIAL AND THE HOTEL STAFF WAS SO FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND MOUNTAIN LODGE OF FLAT ROCK FOR EVENTS AND NIGHTLY LODGING.

I CAN'T SAY ENOUGH GOOD THINGS ABOUT EVERYONE AT MOUNTAIN LODGE OF FLAT ROCK WITH OUT JUST REPEATING MYSELF, THEY ALL ARE SO WONDERFUL, HELPFUL, AND THE ROOMS ARE REALLY WONDERFUL AND SPACIOUS.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Photography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

I could not have asked for a better wedding. Location, service, everything and anything. Mary the coordinator and Scott the Lodge owner couldn't have been more perfect. They are the so friendly and so personable, they felt more like friends/family. It was such a relaxing stress-free environment. We will Definitely be returning for more visits here, and our 1 year anniversary!

Chris & Felicia
11/09/2014

When my daughter got married she chose the Mountain Lodge of Flat Rock beautiful wedding very professional very tastefully done When Chris and I got married we also got married at the Mountain Lodge we love this place its very clean, the people are very nice, and our wedding was exactly what we wanted and a huge Thank You to the wedding planners they did a wonderful job yes I would recommend the Mountain Lodge for your event

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We used the Mountain Lodge for our rehearsal dinner and also blocked off rooms for out-of-towners to stay in. The food was delicious (best lasagna ever) and the decor was simply beautiful. Most of our families travel often and absolutely loved the rooms at the Mountain Lodge. Beautiful and great to do business with. Highly recommended!

Services Used: Rehearsal Dinner Location

All I can say is WOW !!! Everything I asked for was brought to life! My dream wedding came true and was magical thanks to the amazing and very professional staff!! The view outside with the waterfall was the perfect background.. Scott was the best and made everything perfect, very well organized to the T!!! Mary bell was beyond helpful in any questions I had!! Thank you so much for such a beautiful wedding!! It was beyond the best wedding I've ever been apart of and not just because it was my own!! It's because Scott and his staff were very helpful and I felt like I didn't even have to lift a figure on my special day!! Love you guys and ladies !! Thank you thank you so very much!! And the food it awesome :) I could go on raving and possibly write a book on how wonderful everything was!!

Sincerely,
Zachary and Tamara O'Conner

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning
KRISTEN AND JON
08/31/2014

BLUF: The team at Mountain Lodge is phenomenal and worked very diligently to make our Wedding beautiful and our families comfortable.

Mary Bell is an exceptional wedding coordinator. My husband and I are both military and were planning a destination wedding to NC during a very busy time in our careers. Most of our correspondence was through email. Mary Bell worked with us through all of our time constraints and limited communications using very concise worksheets and being flexible with our budget to give us exactly what we wanted.

Special thank you to Scott, the owner and manager. He was the first person I met when I arrived and was incredibly kind. His entire staff were very friendly and accommodating. Our entire wedding party came from all corners of the United States and the majority stayed at the lodge. Everyone was very comfortable as the staff met their every need. Traveling so far, in and of itself it expensive; so it meant a lot that they were willing to provide special rates for the party.

Mary Bell worked with a team of vendors to meet our needs. Our florist, Gina, made beautiful arrangements that I loved so much, I want them for every anniversary! We were happy with the taste of the wedding cake; however, we were assured by the owner of Joyful Times Bakery that our cake would look exactly like the photo we provided. I was disappointed because it looked nothing like the photo. The ministry group provided a well compounded list of verbiage that make choosing your words wisely, easy. Throughout the evening, my wedding party complimented the dedication & friendliness of our photographer, John. The catering provided by Mountain Lodge was delicious. Most everyone had seconds throughout the evening.

We looked for venues in 3 states and Mountain Lodge was the best choice for us!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Officiant, Party Supplies, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Brenda
08/31/2014

I would first like to offer my heart felt thank you to everyone at mountain lodge for the wonderful way they made my daughters wedding so very special. The memories of that day will forever stay with me because of care and attention that was provided us, from the moment we arrived to the moment we left was just so enjoyable. The staff were more than friendly and very professional, the interior of the lodge was warm and inviting, the rooms large in size with extremely comfortable beds. Just outside was a lovely courtyard with a beautiful waterfall. My daughter couldn't have chosen a better place for her special day, and as the mother of the bride, I couldn't have been happier. So thank you Scott (mgr).for the beautiful memories you and the staff at mountain lodge

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Invitations, Officiant, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Rexene
08/15/2014

We recently used the Mountain Lodge as a home base for the weekend of our son's wedding. We had the Rehearsal dinner there on that Friday night for about 62 people. We were given a wide array of menu choices and a tour of the facility. The hotel provided tasteful centerpieces ( we could have used our own, but didn't have to), white table linens and napkins in our choice of color. I was able to bring some personal items to complete the table settings. The atmosphere was lovely. The food was ready and waiting when we returned from the rehearsal. They provided all the setup and clean up! This was a bonus for me! We also had about 5 rooms for lodging occupied that weekend. The rooms were comfortable and attractive. The continental breakfast was well stocked each morning and fresh. The staff was always very hands on and helpful. I really can't say enough good things about our experience there. My husband and I went to the beach right after the wedding, Of course we stayed at a different hotel, I can't tell you how many times we said things like," Scott would never let this happen at the Mountain Lodge". They have a well run establishment. Its refreshing to see! I give my recommendation without any hesitation what so ever!

Services Used: Rehearsal Dinner Location
Ashley
05/25/2014

I was very pleased with everything mnt lodge was able to help and give us for this very special and important day!!! The staff was very helpful and wonderful ... I would uses them again if needed aswell as refer anyone to them !!!!

Patricia
05/15/2014

We actually booked a rehearsal party with cocktails and heavy hors d'oeuvres. I made a call to Mountain Lodge and spoke with Mary Bell and gave her an idea of what I wanted and our budget. She made several suggestions, we agreed on a menu and I didn't have to do another thing but show up. We did go by and see the room we used prior to paying the deposit on a trip back from SC to TN. Mountain Lodge provided all the linens and table decorations. The chef was very accomodating also, and helpful in offering numerous choices for our gluten free guests. The owner Scott and the rest of his staff are very friendly and make one feel very welcome. I would definitely recommend their facility for an event and/or accomodations. We did use both.

One of the things I liked the most is that I asked for an all inclusive price and I got it. There were no surprises or additional fees to worry about.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers
Christy
05/11/2014

Scott & Mary provided the wedding of my dreams. We had the wedding outside at the waterfall and the reception inside the banquet hall. IT WAS GORGEOUS!!!!! They provided flowers, catering, everything you can think of to make our day special with no stress. It was perfect. The entire staff went above and beyond our expectations. Thank you much to everyone at Mountain Lodge.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Party Supplies, Travel, Unique Services (Other)
Mikaila
03/30/2014

We had our wedding at the Mountain Lodge in Flat Rock, Nc and it could not have been more beautiful. The staff is a beyond helpful and amazing and made sure everything was taken care of from the center pieces to my bouqet down to the cake. Everything turned out truly amazing. Scott the owner was exceptionally wonderful and helped fill all of our needs and MORE. He is so personable with all his guest that you feel like you've known him forever. I could not have asked for a better place to have my wedding, Which was not just one day long, we did a destination and had about 50 people flying in and stayed Fri-Sunday and were treated amazingly through our entire visit. I highly recommend the mountain lodge for your wedding, anniversary, or any special event because they definitely take the stress out of planning and take care of everything just the way you imagine or want it to be. I can't thank the staff enough for turning my day into a fairy tale and can't wait to come back for our one year anniversary !!

With love, The Gregas

Private User
1+ year ago

The Mountain Lodge is where we held the reception for our wedding. Scott was extremely helpful, especially when the chapel called us a week before the wedding because they had double-booked us and we had to change our time to 4 hours later in the day! Everything shifted 4 hours and Scott and his team pulled off the reception beautifully!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Joanna
11/09/2013

Scott and his staff were fantastic !!! Couldn't imagine a thing that could've been done to make it better

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Scott and his staff were truly wonderful! They are so kind, professional, and capable!
I got married at Pretty Place Chapel in YMCA Camp Greenville but had my rehearsal dinner and reception at the Lodge. It was perfect. The rooms are so clean, comfortable, and relaxing, and the food was delicious. They truly helped me bring my vision to life.
Thanks to them all.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Wonderful! Amazing staff, food, atmosphere, location, rooms, and decorations! You can't go wrong.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location