Morrison House, a Kimpton Hotel

4.7
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I am very happy that we found The Morrison House. It was just perfect for our wedding needs. We wanted to have a very intimate wedding with family and friends, and The Morrison House fit what we needed perfectly.

We chose The Bundled Bliss Package since we were having a small wedding (17 people total). The package included the bouquet and boutonnière, cake, musician, officiant, and other services as well. Katie, the planner, was very accommodating and great to work with. She got back to us in a timely manner and made sure that everything ran smoothly. Katie helped make the night even more special.

The 3 course meal was delicious and the guests raved about the food. Our server was AMAZING...he worked very hard and paid attention to each guest to make sure that they were happy.

The accommodations are very comfortable and the staff is very friendly and professional. There was a bit of a mix up with the wedding suite, but the staff was very apologetic and took the customer service to the next level.

If you are looking for a boutique hotel with an intimate and warm feel, this is the place for you.

Private User
Recently Married

We had a wonderful experience with the Morrison House. The wedding package is a great value with amazing service by the entire staff. Sarah, the coordinator, made sure everything moved smoothly the day of and helped us through planning before hand. I could not imagine a better venue for a intimate wedding. The food is delectable and the staff made sure that we, the bride and groom, got first dibs on everything, which we appreciated. I would recommend the Morrison House to everyone and anyone having an intimate wedding.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wife & I recently had our wedding at the Morrison. It was 24 guests, which included my wife & I. We're both extremely happy with how everything turned out. The package we purchased included the officiant, musician, cocktail hour, & a full 3-course meal for all of our guests. If you're looking to do something very nice, but small (without breaking the bank), then this is definitely the way to go. Kudos to my wife for finding this place!

Private User
Recently Married

We used the Morrison House as our rehearsal dinner venue and the food and location were both perfect. Our wedding was at the Hotel Monaco in Alexandria so the Morrison House was extremely convenient for our wedding party and families to walk to. The food was perfect and the setting is beautiful in the private room where our dinner was held. The service during dinner was professional and the whole staff was wonderful.

During planning for the rehearsal however we ran into some issues. The event coordinator seemed a bit unresponsive and was not extremely helpful during planning. We were then switched to a smaller room without being told of the change and were told we could not fit the entire rehearsal dinner party in the smaller room. Once we proved that we had signed the contract and paid for the larger room our contract was rewarded but the inconvenience of the mixup was stressful during an already stressful time.

Overall the experience was a positive one but at time is was frustrating to work with them.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Morrison House with their catering package from The Grille was the best choice I could have made. I had a small wedding (22pp) and if you want a intimate but high class wedding, this is the right choice. The hotel has a lot of character inside and outside, so there isn't a lot of decorating to do. All of the guest were impressed how seamless the flow of events were. I had my ceremony and dinner reception with their bundled bliss package, which also includes some flowers, officiant, bar, and music (we chose a cellist). Sarah, the catering manager, was sweet and very professional. I gave her a set up list for the day, and everything was executed as planned without question. I wish I could remember their names, but all of the staff and butlers were the best. The guys transitioned the rooms so quickly, no one even noticed who or how it got done. I think some one from the front desk also helped my poor groom with his bow tie! The hotel itself has a warm and caring feeling, and everyone the Morrison House gave that feeling as well.

My only complaint is that their billing department is pretty much unavailable when you have questions and are not responsive. As you are planning your wedding and money is flying out the door, it just adds another layer of unnecessary stress. Payments went off without a hitch otherwise.

I would definitely use Morrison House again. I've already planned a 1 month anniversary dinner!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I am SOOOOOOOO happy, I found The Morrison House. It was just perfect for our wedding needs. We wanted to have a very intimate wedding, and wanted to find a location that was not too big and would not make the wedding feel empty.

We choose the elopement package, our total guest list was less than 30. Choosing The Morrison House made it very easy to plan a wedding. The package was inclusive of most of the things you need for your wedding, anything that was not included they will help you obtain.

We planned a winter holiday wedding and The Morrison House was decorated beautifully.

The food and beverages are great. It was very difficult for us to narrow down the selections after our tasting. All of our guest were pleased with the menu selections.

The accommodations are very comfortable and the staff is very friendly and professional. Even though we had our wedding during a VERY busy wedding season for the Morrison House (the last week of the year) the staff was very accommodating and very personal to our needs. The week of our wedding there was a wedding every day of the week yet every staff member called us by name and made sure we wanted for nothing.

If you are looking for a boutique hotel with a very warm feel this is the place for you.

We choose the elopment package that included (florist, wedding offical, musican, and catering). It made the wedding planning very easy. All of the vendor coordination is done through the Morrison House. All of the vendors were very timely in contacting us and were available for follown up. We had both our ceremony and reception at the Morrison House.

Katherine
12/02/2013

Wonderful boutique hotel! Gracious staff and accommodating to the nth degree! Can't say enough as to how they want to make your day special! Will make this our anniversary place for sure!

Mrs Max
10/20/2013
4.2

For an intimate wedding, Morrison House is the way to go! Because my wedding was less than 20 people we had to go a la carte and that was pretty annoying having to contact every vendor myself instead of having it done through a package. The Event Manager is hard to get ahold of and seems like she's never in the office when you need her. But she was still friendly and everything went VERY smoothly so I thank her for that. The food was very good. The value for ceremony and reception was very affordable. Staff was so kind and went out of their way for you. I'm glad I had it there. We stayed there as well on our wedding night and really enjoyed our stay. Very romantic and elegant!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had a small wedding (15 people total) and the Morrison House was the perfect location. The parlor is wonderfully intimate, the private dining rooms are stellar and the service we received from Sarah was first rate. Sarah worked to make our event memorable, from the set up, to the food selections, room reservations to working with our vendors. The service from all the staff we came into contact with was courteous, prompt and very professional. Our wedding went off beautifully and we would highly recommend the Morrison House Hotel for small weddings.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We chose to hold our ceremony, reception and dinner at the Morrison House because we loved the value and convenience of their Elope with your Friends package. Sarah, the Catering Manager, was wonderful and very responsive in answering my (many) questions. It was easy to add extra guests and book extra nights of accommodation as well, since all of our guests were flying in. If you are looking for a one stop shop - this is the place! Their vendor (officiant, flowers, musician) selection is top notch and all of the guests raved about the food! The parlor, library and Louis XIV room are so beautiful that we didn't even have to bring extra decorations. You can also take advantage of the courtyard for pictures. Overall we were so happy with our wedding at the Morrison House and would highly recommend them.

Stephanie
08/23/2013

we had our reception dinner in the louis XVI room. the food was delicious, the wait staff was great, and the coordinator was great! we also stayed here overnight- nice rooms and amazing customer service. Would definitely recommend Morrison House.

Anonymous
1+ year ago

The staff at the Morrison House made my wedding a truly memorable event and I can't say enough about the food, all night long my guests commented on how excellent it was- from the appetizers to the main course and decadent desserts. The Morrison House is the perfect venue if you are looking to host a small (we had 60 guests), elegant wedding reception and place a high value on good cuisine.

Shantha
04/20/2013

We had both our ceremony and reception at the Morrison House and it was absolutely perfect. We held the ceremony outside on the staircase, which made for a very beautiful setting. We had a cocktail reception and a sit down dinner - the food was fantastic, and the service was impeccable. We had a small wedding, so it wasn't too hard to organize, but the staff made everything run so smoothly. On the day of, our catering coordinator, Sarah, just had us drop everything off with her (flower, favors, guestbook, etc) and she set everything up, organized with the other vendors, and made sure everything was ready. We just had to show up!

We had a few minor issues with some of the rooms our guests were staying in, but the hotel management worked to make sure everything was corrected and so in the end we have no complaints.

Anonymous
07/07/2012

The Morrison House did an amazing job for our wedding. We took advantage of their "elopement package" that included 10 rooms (1 bridal suite and 9 for guests), three course dinner, hor's d'ouevres, open bar, use of the downstairs for cocktails, and more. They found us our officiant, got us flowers, found us a classical guitarist and all as part of the package. More importantly they were flexible with us on the details - I wanted cupcakes, we needed to add more guests etc. Victoria, Sarah and Annee were all amazing with helping us out. Furthermore, as guests started arriving, the staff at the Morrison House did an amazing job of helping early arrivals. We had a couple come in on a red-eye and weren't supposed to check in until 3 pm - they got a room at 9 am! Everyone loved the venue, the food, the staff - all in all I am so glad and happy that we had our wedding at Morrison House and would recommend it for everyone.

4.1

I have mixed feelings about this review! We used them for the reception. We were planning from Arizona, so everything was over email, some over the phone. I opted for email to keep everything in line. My catering contact was not as proficient as I had hoped. With that being said. The facility is beautiful. The food was great. And the GM, Tobias Arff, was splendid. Was overall very pleased with the experience!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I chose the Morrison House for it's charm, location in Old Town Alexandria and the high quality service. The staff are eager to please and everything from the wedding ceremony, to the reception, to our suite was impeccable. It is a little pricey, but you get what you pay for. The food was phenomenal, and my guests are still raving about how wonderful everything was. The wedding / catering coordinators are extremely helpful and willing to share creative ideas to make your wedding special. If I had to do it all over again, I would choose the Morrison House.