Morris Arboretum

3.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 1.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Beautiful venue. Perfect day. Tent was gorgeous. Used entire grounds for pictures that were amazing.
At the rehearsal, I was told I owed a deposit of $500 I was never told about, as well as the extra for cocktails on out on the limb that I had made clear a year before that i wanted, AND that the rehearsal cost extra! TERRIBLE professionalism. I should not have been stressed about paying all these costs at my rehearsal when i had been told i was paid in full months before. Not ok. Be warned.

3.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

Beautiful venue and location. All of our guests were impressed with how unique the venue was compared to other venues especially the Treehouse (we did cocktail hour in the treehouse).

4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

We had the day of our lives at our wedding at Morris Arboretum. Out on a Limb was an amazing location for cocktail hour, and our guests absolutely loved it. Bruno's catering did a fantastic job working with the staff at Morris to make the day completely seamless. We have heard from multiple guests that ours was the best wedding they've ever attended. The unique, absolutely gorgeous location definitely contributed to that. We're thrilled that we'll be able to visit our wedding venue regularly in the many years to come!

• Flexibility: 5.0

I loved Morris Arboretum! The outdoor cocktail hour and indoor reception was perfect for the fall weather!

• Wedding: 10/18/2013
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

We had our cocktail hour and reception at the Arboretum. We rented "Out On A Limb" for the cocktail hour and it was great - everyone loved it. The Arboretum is beautiful and unique. It was the perfect location for us. We had a great time. Highly recommended.

• Wedding: 08/24/2013
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

We had the perfect wedding at the Morris Arboretum. The grounds are just beautiful, and the staff are a delight to work with. We gave our guests an hour to wander the arboretum while the family took pictures, and they had a blast, taking photos and seeing the many wonderful gardens within the arboretum. Our wedding pictures came out just beautifully, and we loved taking pictures in several different locations around the garden, which made for a great variety of pictures in very little time.

Our guests were absolutely stunned by our cocktail hour that we held "Out on the Limb". At 6pm, the light was just starting to go golden, and our DJ played old jazz music to complete the ambiance. Dinner under the tent went off without a hitch, with fans in the tent ceiling providing great airflow and keeping the temperature comfortable.

I'd recommend renting a dance floor and the golf cart for covering more ground for photos. Also be sure you have your photo plan down, as the arboretum is so extensive! There are a few small limitations on what you can do (e.g., you can't hang anything from the tent), but honestly none of this caused an issue for us, the arboretum itself has such natural beauty. The approved vendors list is also extensive, so I'm sure you'll find ones that fit your vision.

I loved having our wedding here, it's also close to Chestnut Hill for amenities for guests. Couldn't recommend it more highly!

• Wedding: 08/17/2013
4.6/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

The Morris Arboretum is the perfect place for a unique and memorable wedding. The grounds are absolutely beautiful and provide multiple options for your ceremony and cocktail hour. We chose to have the cocktails "out on a limb" which was amazing. The ceremony is under the tent located next to the Visitors Center, it comfortably holds 150/160 people. There are fans and lights inside the tent so you don't have to rent anything. There are also multiple restrooms located on either side of the tent for guests. We took advantage of the beautiful setting and went to the Arboretum early for our pictures. They allow you to arrive 2 hours before the beginning of the wedding to take pictures. There is a golf cart that is available for rental which makes it easy to get around to multiple spots for photo ops. Its also helpful if you have elderly guests, they can ride in the cart. Because it is a public venue, they are set on what time you can start the wedding (6pm start) but they clear out the park and parking area an hour before so there is plenty of parking for guests and there aren't any random people wandering around your wedding : ) We absolutely loved the arboretum and would highly recommend it for a memorable wedding!

• Wedding: 08/03/2013
3.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.5
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 3.5

My wedding at the Morris Arboretum was absolutely beautiful- I could not have asked for a more wonderful place! The grounds are kept in a perfectly manicured condition, and the flowers there are amazing...all of our pictures came out great. The difficult part about using this venue was the time constraints you must abide by. We chose not to get a limo because the wedding and reception were both at the Arboretum, so I had to figure out how I wanted to best get ready. You really can't do hair and make-up there, but you can change in to your gown on location. So, I did hair and make-up at a nearby hotel and brought my dress to the Arboretum. They allow you to change in one of the classrooms (not a "bridal suite" if that's what you are looking for) and you are permitted to use it for the evening starting at 4 pm. It worked for me, but it may not be for everyone! We were still able to fit in a "sneak peek" and take some formal photos prior to the beginning of the ceremony in the allotted amount of time- but I was really nervous. Also, I highly recommend renting a golf cart so that you can quickly move around the grounds for photos- otherwise you will be doing lots of walking in little time! I would say though, that you might want to have a backup plan if the weather turns that day. We had perfect weather on our day, but there was only a small space behind the gift shop to hold the ceremony if there is inclement weather. We also had a relatively small guest list of about 100, and everyone fit perfectly at the reception with 11 tables. Our guests were very comfortable and our space for the dance floor was just right. The one thing that I liked most about having our wedding here was that it fit the DIY feel that I was going for. I was able to be creative and really decorate the entire venue to fit my style and theme. Our day certainly was not what you might call a "cookie-cutter wedding" and that's why I loved it so much!

• Wedding: 06/15/2013
4.1/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 3.0

Having our wedding at the Morris Arboretum was a dream come true. It was magical, beautiful, and economical. Everyone had a wonderful time. Wouldn't change a thing. I am still smiling about it.

• Wedding: 06/01/2013
2.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 2.0
  • Responsiveness: 2.0
  • Professionalism: 2.0
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 2.0

The Arboretum was a lovely location, and everyone enjoyed the Out on a Limb exhibit during the cocktail hour (think, small-scale treehouse). However, I feel like we lucked out after truly terrible customer service throughout the process. Once we signed the contract (which we were pressured into doing about three weeks before we were ready), we were never helped by the main contact, Adele, again. (She was previously fairly responsive in email.) We actually didn't tour with her or sign the contract with her either, so I am not really certain of her "role" in the entire process, except that everyone defers to her. When we found out that the Out on a Limb exhibit wasn't included in our original contract-- which was a surprise-- we tried to reach out and have a substantive conversation with Adele. Instead of calling us back after numerous voicemail and email messages, she sent her assistant to tell us that that was "just the policy" [to charge separately for this part of the Arboretum, even though there was no indication on the contract that we signed that it wasn't included]. At one point, she wrote me an email addressed to the wrong name, even though I had clearly signed my email to her. The week before, she threw a fit to our caterer that our guests weren't going to fit (even though we were under their advertised capacity). I really don't often write negative reviews, but I was quite dissatisfied with her so-called customer service. That said, my other vendors-- including our approved caterer and day-of coordinator-- really picked up the slack.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

THIS PLACE IS JUST TOO BEAUTIFUL FOR WORDS!!! you have to go and see the grounds.

• Wedding: 06/15/2012
4.0/5.0
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

The Morris Arboretum was beautiful and our pictures were stunning--well worth the expense. They do have some weird restrictions about amplified sound, but if you have the right DJ and caterer, there are some reasonable ways to get around them. If you're looking for a unique place to have a fun garden wedding while still having classy photos, it's a great venue.

Our only tip: rent the golf cart. 100% worth it.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I recently got married at the Morris Arboretum and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a beautiful, outdoor/garden venue for their wedding. We did most of our pictures there, our ceremony on site on the lawn and the reception in their tent. The photos were stunning and their whole staff was great, very accomodating. Our caterer was Company's Coming and they were fantastic, too. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

A few things to consider:
-We had perfect weather, which is where the MA really shines. If it rains, it dramatically changes the feel of the day, especially if you plan to do the ceremony on site. You have to be okay with this possibility when you book and have a backup plan for photos if you're planning to do them outside. I worked out an agreement with one of the hotels where we had a guest block to do indoor photos if needed.

-Our guest count was 153, so we had 16 tables for a seated reception. In my opinion, I would not want to have a higher guest count given the space, feeling comfortable, and being able to have a dance floor outside the tiled classroom space in the carriage house.

-The MA is a great venue for a DIY-type bride who is somewhat comfortable with wedding planning. It is not a "wedding factory" type of venue where you sign on the dotted line, pick a menu at a set price per head, and everything is done. You have to figure out things like which caterer to use out of their preferred ones, and who will pick up your leftover booze and any decorations you brought the day after the wedding (something I forgot!). The upside is that you can be creative, and not have a cookie cutter ballroom type wedding, which was so worth it to me.

• Wedding: 05/18/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Having our wedding at the Morris Arboretum was perfect. We orignally booked our reception at another location but after finding the arboretum online decided to take a look. We looked.. and never looked back. We immediately cancelled our other space, changed our date to 8/6/11 and had a beautiful wedding. The day was cloudy - which was actually perfect because it kept the temperature down. We had our ceremony outside which was gorgeous ! After the ceremony there was a short period of rain, but our caterer, Company's Coming, was so professional and moved everything inside without a hitch. The room inside turned out fine, and all of our guests were in one location which made it easy to talk to everyone.

Our pictures from around the arboretum turned out Beautiful. There are so many great locations to take pictures in. The staff at the arboretum was always very helpful. They were friendly and easy to work with. The site is beautiful, if you have a wedding guest list under 150 then hands down you should have it at the Arboretum (And use Companys Coming as your caterer!!). Don't worry about it breaking the bank either. If you are creative and can easily have an affordable wedding there.

• Wedding: 08/06/2011
4.6/5.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

We had our reception at the Morris Arboretum, and it was perfect! It is a gorgeous setting for photos and guests to explore. While there are restrictions on time (it is a functional public Arboretum, after all) we found them to be very reasonable. Wedding access for photos and guests begins at 4 PM, and you get the tent area from 6 PM to midnight. We had no problems loading/unloading equipment and our vendors were able to set up without a hitch.

Since the Arboretum is in a residential zone, they do have limits on noise level. You can have a live band or DJ, as long as they adhere to some rules on amplication. Our DJ was able to work with these limits and pulled off an awesome night of dancing.

Included in the rental are tables, chairs, a beautiful tent with ceiling fans and lights, full use of visitor center facilities (including a large changing room upstairs for the bridal party), space heaters, kitchen area for catering, and access to the entire garden for you and your guests. There's ample free parking and an Arboretum staff member onsite the entire time.

We were thrilled with our experience at the Arboretum, and would definitely recommend it for anyone who wants something unique for their wedding. Anyone can rent a hall or ballroom - but your guests won't forget a night out under the stars, eating next to a canopy of trees, surrounded by the sights and smells of living, growing flowers and plants!

• Wedding: 09/26/2009
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

My Wife and I have been members at Morris for over 9 years now, so when the question of where we were going to marry arose, there wasn't much to discuss. If you haven't been to the Morris Arboretum lately or even more unfortunately, at all, you're missing out on one of the loveliest places in the area, hands down. I challenge you to find a more perfect blend of thought provoking, classically beautiful artwork and sculptures set to a lush background of both exotic and native flora. . From the incredibly unique "Out on a Limb" exhibit to the beautiful "Rose Garden" to the story book "Swan Pond", this place just exudes tranquility and peace.
Our contact people at Morris were extremely helpful from Adele taking time to walk us through the details on the contract and logistics to Anne Marie following through on just about everything else. As far as the catering, we totally lucked out when we picked COMPANY'S COMING. Andrea, the co-owner, was spectacular. She was at our side from the moment we got there mid afternoon to helping us load up the car with the extra liquor and food at the end of the night. It can be a stressful night of photos, first dances, table hopping, cake cutting etc, and her guidance throughout was priceless. Her son/co-owner/chef Josh, did an excellent job of making sure that the delicious food that he had prepared was hot and on time. We got a lot of compliments on how good the food was that night. Between the staff at Morris Arboretum and Company's Coming as our caterer we couldn't have asked for a more memorable night. At the Arboretum, we still run into Adele, Anne Marie and Andrea and some of the other folks that made it happen on our wedding night coming on 4 years ago, and they still remember us and always make sure to say Hello to us and our now almost 20 month old son Max. We go back every year on our anniversary and walk around and reminisce about our special day. Try doing that at some catering hall!

• Wedding: 09/04/2009
215-247-5777
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
4.2