Morris Arboretum

3.9
Nicole
1 Review
08/22/2015

I recently had my wedding at Morris Arboretum, and we loved it SO much that I had to make sure I reviewed it before we leave for our honeymoon! Christopher, Ann Marie, and the rest of the staff at Morris allowed me to honestly have the best day of my life. It didn't hurt that my weather was perfect, but my ceremony was under the trees while violins played, my cocktail hour was in an adult TREEHOUSE and my reception was under a white tent surrounded by flowers. Our entire bridal party even used golf carts to drive around the 95 acre arboretum before the ceremony to easily take our pictures with naturally gorgeous backgrounds. I could not recommend Morris Arboretum more, and I am so unbelievably pleased that we went with our gut and chose the first venue we looked at! We also are becoming members here using the wedding discount so that for the next year my husband and I can relive our wedding day whenever we want. Best.Day.Ever.

Casey
1 Review
08/08/2015

The Morris Arboretum is a dream venue for a wedding. First, the staff is so responsive and easy to work with. The Arboretum offers a variety of grounds to hold the ceremony and cocktail hour with a beautiful tent reception. The front lawn and Out on a Limb are the perfect spaces. Not to mention, the entire Arboretum gives unlimited gorgeous backgrounds for a photo shoot. My guests are still raving that it was the best wedding they've ever attended. I could not recommend it more highly.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I loved Morris Arboretum! The outdoor cocktail hour and indoor reception was perfect for the fall weather!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

THIS PLACE IS JUST TOO BEAUTIFUL FOR WORDS!!! you have to go and see the grounds.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I recently got married at the Morris Arboretum and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a beautiful, outdoor/garden venue for their wedding. We did most of our pictures there, our ceremony on site on the lawn and the reception in their tent. The photos were stunning and their whole staff was great, very accomodating. Our caterer was Company's Coming and they were fantastic, too. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

A few things to consider:
-We had perfect weather, which is where the MA really shines. If it rains, it dramatically changes the feel of the day, especially if you plan to do the ceremony on site. You have to be okay with this possibility when you book and have a backup plan for photos if you're planning to do them outside. I worked out an agreement with one of the hotels where we had a guest block to do indoor photos if needed.

-Our guest count was 153, so we had 16 tables for a seated reception. In my opinion, I would not want to have a higher guest count given the space, feeling comfortable, and being able to have a dance floor outside the tiled classroom space in the carriage house.

-The MA is a great venue for a DIY-type bride who is somewhat comfortable with wedding planning. It is not a "wedding factory" type of venue where you sign on the dotted line, pick a menu at a set price per head, and everything is done. You have to figure out things like which caterer to use out of their preferred ones, and who will pick up your leftover booze and any decorations you brought the day after the wedding (something I forgot!). The upside is that you can be creative, and not have a cookie cutter ballroom type wedding, which was so worth it to me.

1 person found this review helpful

Having our wedding at the Morris Arboretum was perfect. We orignally booked our reception at another location but after finding the arboretum online decided to take a look. We looked.. and never looked back. We immediately cancelled our other space, changed our date to 8/6/11 and had a beautiful wedding. The day was cloudy - which was actually perfect because it kept the temperature down. We had our ceremony outside which was gorgeous ! After the ceremony there was a short period of rain, but our caterer, Company's Coming, was so professional and moved everything inside without a hitch. The room inside turned out fine, and all of our guests were in one location which made it easy to talk to everyone.

Our pictures from around the arboretum turned out Beautiful. There are so many great locations to take pictures in. The staff at the arboretum was always very helpful. They were friendly and easy to work with. The site is beautiful, if you have a wedding guest list under 150 then hands down you should have it at the Arboretum (And use Companys Coming as your caterer!!). Don't worry about it breaking the bank either. If you are creative and can easily have an affordable wedding there.

1 person found this review helpful

What a beautiful venue!
We were married at the beginning of May and all of the Magnolias and Cherry Blossoms were in full bloom. Perfect!
We opted for the Out On A Limb cocktail hour, where the setting is in the treetops 40 feet above the ground and looking out over the grounds. Amazing!
The reception was tented and ready for the catering staff.
The Arboretum helped us rent a golf cart for transport during pictures and helped us choose some great backdrops. They were very responsive and helpful every step of the way. It was a perfect relationship leading to a perfect day!
Thank you!
Vanessa and Mike

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had the perfect wedding at the Morris Arboretum. The grounds are just beautiful, and the staff are a delight to work with. We gave our guests an hour to wander the arboretum while the family took pictures, and they had a blast, taking photos and seeing the many wonderful gardens within the arboretum. Our wedding pictures came out just beautifully, and we loved taking pictures in several different locations around the garden, which made for a great variety of pictures in very little time.

Our guests were absolutely stunned by our cocktail hour that we held "Out on the Limb". At 6pm, the light was just starting to go golden, and our DJ played old jazz music to complete the ambiance. Dinner under the tent went off without a hitch, with fans in the tent ceiling providing great airflow and keeping the temperature comfortable.

I'd recommend renting a dance floor and the golf cart for covering more ground for photos. Also be sure you have your photo plan down, as the arboretum is so extensive! There are a few small limitations on what you can do (e.g., you can't hang anything from the tent), but honestly none of this caused an issue for us, the arboretum itself has such natural beauty. The approved vendors list is also extensive, so I'm sure you'll find ones that fit your vision.

I loved having our wedding here, it's also close to Chestnut Hill for amenities for guests. Couldn't recommend it more highly!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My Wife and I have been members at Morris for over 9 years now, so when the question of where we were going to marry arose, there wasn't much to discuss. If you haven't been to the Morris Arboretum lately or even more unfortunately, at all, you're missing out on one of the loveliest places in the area, hands down. I challenge you to find a more perfect blend of thought provoking, classically beautiful artwork and sculptures set to a lush background of both exotic and native flora. . From the incredibly unique "Out on a Limb" exhibit to the beautiful "Rose Garden" to the story book "Swan Pond", this place just exudes tranquility and peace.
Our contact people at Morris were extremely helpful from Adele taking time to walk us through the details on the contract and logistics to Anne Marie following through on just about everything else. As far as the catering, we totally lucked out when we picked COMPANY'S COMING. Andrea, the co-owner, was spectacular. She was at our side from the moment we got there mid afternoon to helping us load up the car with the extra liquor and food at the end of the night. It can be a stressful night of photos, first dances, table hopping, cake cutting etc, and her guidance throughout was priceless. Her son/co-owner/chef Josh, did an excellent job of making sure that the delicious food that he had prepared was hot and on time. We got a lot of compliments on how good the food was that night. Between the staff at Morris Arboretum and Company's Coming as our caterer we couldn't have asked for a more memorable night. At the Arboretum, we still run into Adele, Anne Marie and Andrea and some of the other folks that made it happen on our wedding night coming on 4 years ago, and they still remember us and always make sure to say Hello to us and our now almost 20 month old son Max. We go back every year on our anniversary and walk around and reminisce about our special day. Try doing that at some catering hall!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Morris Arboretum was the perfect spot for an outdoor wedding in May. We really enjoyed using the Out on a Limb tree house for our cocktail hour. It was very unique and our guests loved it!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our cocktail hour and reception at the Arboretum. We rented "Out On A Limb" for the cocktail hour and it was great - everyone loved it. The Arboretum is beautiful and unique. It was the perfect location for us. We had a great time. Highly recommended.

Private User
1+ year ago
4.7

We had the day of our lives at our wedding at Morris Arboretum. Out on a Limb was an amazing location for cocktail hour, and our guests absolutely loved it. Bruno's catering did a fantastic job working with the staff at Morris to make the day completely seamless. We have heard from multiple guests that ours was the best wedding they've ever attended. The unique, absolutely gorgeous location definitely contributed to that. We're thrilled that we'll be able to visit our wedding venue regularly in the many years to come!

4.7

The arboretum was an absolutely beautiful place to have my wedding. I had been a little worried about the weather since it was an outdoor ceremony, but it ended up being wonderfully sunny. The only issue with the weather was that it was incredibly windy so my veil flew into my face all the time.

For the photos, we had a golf cart to ferry us around to the different areas of the garden (this is an option extra, but I definitely say do it). The driver was very helpful; she even unlocked some areas that guests are normally not permitted so we could get close in for perfect wedding shots. She also had some great suggestions about how and where we could set up our photos.

Services Used: Unique Services (Other)

The Morris Arboretum is the perfect place for a unique and memorable wedding. The grounds are absolutely beautiful and provide multiple options for your ceremony and cocktail hour. We chose to have the cocktails "out on a limb" which was amazing. The ceremony is under the tent located next to the Visitors Center, it comfortably holds 150/160 people. There are fans and lights inside the tent so you don't have to rent anything. There are also multiple restrooms located on either side of the tent for guests. We took advantage of the beautiful setting and went to the Arboretum early for our pictures. They allow you to arrive 2 hours before the beginning of the wedding to take pictures. There is a golf cart that is available for rental which makes it easy to get around to multiple spots for photo ops. Its also helpful if you have elderly guests, they can ride in the cart. Because it is a public venue, they are set on what time you can start the wedding (6pm start) but they clear out the park and parking area an hour before so there is plenty of parking for guests and there aren't any random people wandering around your wedding : ) We absolutely loved the arboretum and would highly recommend it for a memorable wedding!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our reception at the Morris Arboretum, and it was perfect! It is a gorgeous setting for photos and guests to explore. While there are restrictions on time (it is a functional public Arboretum, after all) we found them to be very reasonable. Wedding access for photos and guests begins at 4 PM, and you get the tent area from 6 PM to midnight. We had no problems loading/unloading equipment and our vendors were able to set up without a hitch.

Since the Arboretum is in a residential zone, they do have limits on noise level. You can have a live band or DJ, as long as they adhere to some rules on amplication. Our DJ was able to work with these limits and pulled off an awesome night of dancing.

Included in the rental are tables, chairs, a beautiful tent with ceiling fans and lights, full use of visitor center facilities (including a large changing room upstairs for the bridal party), space heaters, kitchen area for catering, and access to the entire garden for you and your guests. There's ample free parking and an Arboretum staff member onsite the entire time.

We were thrilled with our experience at the Arboretum, and would definitely recommend it for anyone who wants something unique for their wedding. Anyone can rent a hall or ballroom - but your guests won't forget a night out under the stars, eating next to a canopy of trees, surrounded by the sights and smells of living, growing flowers and plants!

4.1

Having our wedding at the Morris Arboretum was a dream come true. It was magical, beautiful, and economical. Everyone had a wonderful time. Wouldn't change a thing. I am still smiling about it.