Monica Roy Photographer

Profile Picture
Private User
1 Review
Recently Married

Monica did an amazing job at our wedding. We got all the photos we wanted and they turned out beautifully!! She is responsive and really tries to get to know you beforehand to make sure she gets the shots you want!

Her pricing is reasonable too. Highly recommend.

Services Used: Photography

We can not recommend Monica Roy enough. She was excellent. And our photos were beautiful, so much better than we could've imagined. We had a very short City Hall wedding, and we didn't have a reserved space at city hall either, so the ceremony is only about 10-15mins long. But
Monica came up with plenty of great photos in that short amount of time. We then took a bunch of group shots at city hall after the ceremony, and Monica didn't rush us at all, we felt very well taken care of. She was very professional, she moved things along at a good speed, and she was very helpful in directing us with the poses. She allowed us to be ourselves and feel relaxed in the photos, but then knew when to assistance us with a pose. I've never thought that I was a photogenic person, but Monica's pics made me think the opposite about myself. And my husband looked great as well, and he was also really amazed with the outcome. We then went to a bar to meet up with our friends after the private photo shoot at city hall. At the bar, it was really dark, hardly any light, but Monica did an amazing job. From the photos you would never guess it was so dark, they were crystal clear, and she didn't use an annoying flash either. At the bar we hardly noticed she was there, we were just enjoying ourselves, and we had no idea she was capturing so many great photos of everyone. I think that is the best photographer you can hope to get, one you don't even notice is there, yet is capturing the whole experience, and gives direction when it is needed and useful. You don't want to feel like you are being bossed around on your wedding day. And Monica never made us feel that way. Also she is incredibly organized and went though so much pre-planning with us via e-mail and over the phone. Because we actually live in LA and we weren't going to be in SF until the wedding. I really felt like everything was being handled well with Monica and that was such a relief.Monica really was such a pleasure to work with!

Services Used: Photography

We searched for months trying to find a reasonably priced photographer for our May 2012 wedding when we met Monica through a mutual friend, and our consultation with her was very professional but also fluid and friendly. From her questions she was able to get a sense of who we were individually but also as a couple in a short amount of time and use that information to create a shot list that evoked our personalities. She's very organized and on top of things (which was super helpful!), and she knows her craft very well. The lighting at our outdoor wedding was tricky, but she was able to capture wonderful moments and the photos were fantastic. She was very prompt with editing and delivery of our pictures. We recommend her to anyone getting married in the Bay Area!

Services Used: Photography

Monica photographed our engagement photos. She was extremely professional and the quality of her photographs are fantastic. She was able to guide us on how to pose as we were very unsure of what we needed to do. She was flexible, professional, fun, and we ended up with pictures better than what we had imagined. I definitely recommend using Monica to capture your special moments for your wedding day. I would have hired Monica for our wedding but we got married in Canada and had to use someone locally. Her prices are very reasonable for the quality of photographs she takes. She'll capture all the big moments of your day and more.

Services Used: Photography

Monica was a wonderful photographer. Very flexible and professional. She did her best to capture everything during the ceremony and reception. Our pictures came out completely beautiful. I wish we had had the opportunity for her to take engagement photos as well.

Services Used: Photography

Monica did an engagement shoot for me and my fiance (now husband) last year. We loved working with Monica - she was extremely personable, responsive, and very professional. We were also pleased with the wonderful images she was able to capture for us. We ended up utilizing many of these shots for our wedding website as well as our save the date magnets. I would highly recommend her photography services! Thanks again Monica! :)

Services Used: Photography

Monica took the picture at our wedding party, and made fantastic shots. She's very talented, and offered the professional type of service we wanted. And on top a all, she's the coolest photographer you'll meet !

Hilary and Sébastien (married @ the Argonaut Hotel - december 28th 2010)