Molly's Cupcakes

(4.9/5.0)
Flexibility:

Sort By:

Private User 2 Reviews
Ordered cupcakes and a topper cake round for the cupcake tier - we already knew we loved the cupcakes but the cake was also amazing and everyone LOVED the cupcakes!!! We were glad we ordered extra because our family was happy to take some home with them.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
2.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  2.5
  • Responsiveness:  1.0
  • Professionalism:  1.5
  • Value:  3.0

Private User 2 Reviews
The highlight of using Molly's Cupcakes for our wedding reception desert was the price--Molly's was the most inexpensive for good quality cupcakes that I could find in the Chicago area in which we were working around. And the cupcakes were good quality. Unfortunately, working with the wedding staff at Molly's was a confusing and frustrating process. It was a challenge to receive clear information by the wedding "liason," as there seemed to be three or four and they weren't communicating with each other. Evidently, our order was entered incorrectly, and had I not asked for an itemized receipt for our payments, we wouldn't have known we got the wrong cupcakes until we entered the reception and went to cut the cake (not exactly a moment when you want to find out that things are not as you planned and expected). I never received receipts unless I asked, and we never did receive a contract (although I had requested one at the beginning of the process). The overall impression I gained in my experience with Molly's Cupcakes for weddings was that they are not quite equipped to do weddings, nor prepared for the professionalism and thoroughness of details that brides often prefer and find assuring (those things certainly help make wedding planning smoother). We did end up getting the cupcakes we wanted and (thought) we ordered in the first place, and they were a hit with guests. The process of getting to that point was a tough and unsettling one.
Wedding: 1+ year ago

Julia 5 Reviews
WONDERFUL service and such a hit at our wedding! People still rave about the cupcakes! I could not be more happy.

Just a tip though - if you are using a cupcake tower - get wood or plexi-glass. The cardboard ones are not meant for all of that deliciousness (too heavy).
Wedding: 12/01/2012

Anonymous 5 Reviews
Cupcakes were AMAZING! Received so many great reviews from our guest
Wedding: 2+ years ago
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5

Allison 7 Reviews
The most delicious and most affordable cupcake option in the Chicago-land area. We had a combination of mini and regular sized cupcakes as well as 1 small cake. Everyone raved about the cupcakes. My parents, who had never had Molly's before, are now obsessed and will go to Molly's any time they are in Chicago. We worked with Nicole and she was great. She helped us work with the chef to do some small decoration on our cake which was very nice of her.
Wedding: 08/18/2012

Ellen 4 Reviews
We ordered a 9" cake as our wedding cake and cupcakes for the rest of the guests. Everything was DELICIOUS! It arrived on time, the cake was decorated just as requested, my only regret is that we didn't order enough cupcakes! We thought everyone would be full and possibly not want a stuffed cupcake, but they went the fastest! My recommendation: order 1-2 dozen more than you think people will consume! Also, we brought the leftover wedding cake home and it lasted in the fridge for over 2 weeks, stayed moist and still tasted delicious after we returned from our honeymoon!
Wedding: 06/30/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Delicious!!! The guests loved the cupcake table. :)
Wedding: 06/29/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Molly's catered our cupcakes and cake for our wedding. Everything was so delicious! We mixed the flavors and frostings, and still cannot decide which was our favorite. It was a great display that was put together, and a nice favor to provide our guests.
Wedding: 05/04/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The cupcakes made it all the way to my venue in Naperville from Chicago in time and intact! My only complaint is that they did not put the cupcakes on the cupcake tree I had made, which was no big deal because the venue did it for me. These are THE VERY BEST cupcakes EVER! I ordered 100 more than what I was expecting to need and my guests were very thankful to take 1 or 2 home as favors. Sooo yummy!
Wedding: 09/01/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
If you LOVE cupcakes, go to Molly's! They have the best cupcakes in Chicago. My fiance and I love cupcakes and we found Molly's months before the wedding. We were really excited when we went for a tasting and got to try so many different kinds of cupcakes, frostings, and even their special filled cupcakes. It was so hard to choose because we liked almost everything we tried.
I think Molly's was the most affordable for our wedding cupcakes and were the best tasting. Our guests really enjoyed the cupcakes at our wedding and were so happy they were able to take some home with them. We did have a small cake to cut at the wedding and we decided to go with one of their known filled cupcake flavors.
I'd highly recommend checking out Molly's Cupcakes! You won't be disappointed!
Wedding: 07/29/2011
  • Flexibility:  4.0
We went to Molly's Cupcakes for a tasting and fell in love with the cupcakes!! Amazing! We decided to go with sheet cakes filled with cookie dough. Everyone at the wedding was saying that it was the best cake they have ever had at a wedding!
Wedding: 07/23/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Molly's did a great job on the cupcakes. People seemed to enjoy them and it gave everyone a variety to choose from. They also did a very nice job of setting everything up!
Wedding: 07/16/2011
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We loved working with Molly's cupcakes for our wedding in July. The cupcakes tasted AMAZING especially the Ron Bunnington and Carrot Cake and i know the guests loved ALL the flavors. I found edible butterflies on Etsy that i wanted included as cupcake toppers and Nicole at Molly's was very accommodating and they even "tested" the butterflies to ensure they wouldn't melt. I highly recommend Molly's Cupcakes.
Wedding: 07/08/2011
4.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
Despite a little disappoinment at the way the pick up was handled, we loved Molly's. Basically we had two drivers each taking a load to MI - all the cupcakes fit in the first vehicle but Molly's never notified the other driver so she drove across town in rush hour only to get there and have major confusion as to where the rest of the cupcakes were. Regardless, the vegan cupcakes we got were AMAZING! They packed them well and they traveled well on the 3 hour drive from Chicago to Michigan. We loved them and so did our guests - so much so that at the end of the night when we were the last ones to leave the country club, I realized I hadn't had one - and to my surprise there wasn't even a dozen left! My favorite kind was gone but I wasn't disappointed with the other flavor that I was forced to have - they're all so delicious!
Wedding: 08/14/2010
  • Flexibility:  4.0
We worked with Lindsay from Molly's cupcakes for our small cakes & cupcake order for our wedding. The cupcakes were phenomenal! Many of the guests told us how great they were :) The only bad thing about Molly's is that their delivery fee on the weekends is ridiculously expensive and they don't offer cupcake stands for rent. We did have a great time during our tasting and Lindsay was wonderful to work with. Our order turned out perfect and I can't wait to go back for more cupcakes!
Wedding: 07/03/2010
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Molly's made 140 cupcakes and a 9" cake for the top of my stand for us to cut. We did a combination of chocolate/chocolate, chocolate/vanilla, chocolate/brown butter, vanilla/vanilla, vanilla/chocolate, red velvet/cream cheese and carrot/cream cheese. Our cake was "Death by Chocolate": chocolate cake, chocolate filling and ganache on top.

Everyone loved the cupcakes- said they were the some of the best desserts they'd ever had at a wedding. There were very few cupcakes left over at the end of the night.

We went to four other bakeries because people told us a regular bakery would be cheaper than a cupcake-specific bakery. They were WRONG! Molly's was the least expensive and had the best cake and frosting of any of the places we went to! And they were bigger than a standard cupcake without being monsterous.

Can't wait to defrost and eat my cake next year!

I did give one less star on the responsiveness because I had a hard time scheduling a tasting- when I called initially and was told who to email, they neglected to tell me that that person's only in certain days and times (and there's only certain days/times they do tastings), then the email I sent never got printed out for her so it was several more days before I got in contact with her....eventually it worked out and there were no problems after that.
Wedding: 05/29/2010