Milton Ridge

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Tracy was a pleasure to work with and was very helpful during the planning process and the day of our wedding. We received various compliments on the food and the venue itself. This is truly a hidden gem for all those future brides out there. Everything is conveniently located: bridal cottage for your wedding party, the reception and ceremony hall. We were able to decorate the chapel to our liking and it turned out great. The greenery worked as an amazing backdrop for our photos.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can't say enough how wonderful of an experience my entire wedding process was thanks to Tracy and Milton Ridge. We booked our 3/7/15 wedding in JANUARY, so I wasn't even sure it would be possible to throw a wedding togetherthtfat, but it came together without a hitch and Tracy made us feel completely at ease and worked tremendously with us to fit the wedding to our budget. She was always looking out for our best interest and was there from beginning to end to make sure everything was perfect. The bridal cottage doesn't look like much on the outside but is a beautifully restored log cabin on the inside, perfect for gorgeous pictures and getting ready on the morning of. The chapel and reception hall are also beautiful even with little decoration and there is plenty of parking. The wedding day was beautiful and went off without a hitch! I would recommend this venue to anyone!! Thank you a Milton Ridge and especially Tracy!!

Milton Ridge responded with the following comments:

Congratulations Kelly & Matt!! What a sweet couple you are and what a delight it was to be a part of your special day!! ❤️ Thank you for the kind words! Much love to you both!! ❤️

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor
4.7

From Elena&Radu : it was just fantastic ,a good place for having one of the moust important moment in our life, i liket the stuff was profesional,fast,and had everithing around what needs a wading : a nice chapel, a bride cottage, and a big reception hall, and ofcourse a resonable price wich is very inportant for the future cuple.
And what was very nice,that oll my friends was very happy at milton ridge with a nice music sound wich make us to dance as crazy...i will not say to many info...we HAD a good service,nice music sound,very tasty food ,a good deal with the price ..

thank you Milton Ridge...:D

2.4

Pros:
•Beautiful chapel and reception hall
•Easy access to main roads
•Great chef
•Venue is flexible to your own decorations and creative inputs
Cons:
•Revealing and unprofessional attire of venue coordinator
•Unclear prices and charges
•Food price listed on website actually doubles when adding services charges, linens, plates, silver ware, plus a 20% service charge
•If you decide to use less food they will still give you the same extra service charges
•Difficult to negotiate because coordinator will not agree on the spot
•On day of rehearsal nothing was setup, wedding party setup tables, chairs and other items that were supposed to be setup ahead of time, including turning the heat on in the chapel
•On wedding day some pieces of equipment were missing which we specifically asked to have setup
Altogether the venue is good but lacks professionalism in contracts, pricing, communication and follow through.

Milton Ridge responded with the following comments:

Special Note: tables, chairs and linens WERE in place on the rehearsal day although contract states that all set up of tables, chairs and linens will be completed by the time of rental on day of wedding and all decorating is to be done on wedding day. However, the Wedding Coordinator made special arrangements for the wedding party to arrive at the time of their choosing hours prior to their rehearsal to begin decorating. It is our desire to help make each wedding special. We wish the Bride & Groom much love, joy and happiness as they embark on their new life together as Husband & Wife. - Galatians 5:22-23

Ed
01/03/2015

We had a very nice wedding at Milton Ridge. It was convenient to have everything there at one spot. We used the additional cottage for all the ladies to get ready. It was the best buy on the place. Well worth the money. We had an afternoon wedding so we did not have catering. We had desserts and coffee and it worked well. We were on a tight budget and Tracy worked with us to trim the cost down to a minimum. If you ask her for help she is there for you and the bride.

Milton Ridge responded with the following comments:

Thank you for the kind remarks. Much love to you all as you enjoy this new stage in your daughter's life. Thank you for choosing Milton Ridge. I enjoyed watching such a lovely family celebrate this beautiful occassion. - Galatians 5:22-23

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Oh. My. Goodness!!! What an amazing group of people to work with!!! My wedding was literally flawless!! It's been a week and my guests are still raving about the wedding.
Working with Tracy has been a complete pleasure. She really knows the business and had some great advice. We booked directly through her and she was always there from beginning to end with any questions or concerns we had. We booked most of our services through Tracy and Milton Ridge.
Catering, of course. The food was amazing! Everything tasted perfect and all of my guests loved the crab ball hors d'oeuvres.
Cake. We went with 3 different flavors( caramel, almond and strawberry). They tasted just like they did at the tasting if not better. It was a stunning cake. I almost didn't want them to cut it at all
DJ- Fela was great!! He played exactly the type of music we had asked for and keep our guests on the dance floor.
Pastor- pastor Lee made the ceremony so much less nerve wrecking. He has a great personality and had some great advice for a successful marriage.
Floral- Event plus Design put together the most beautiful bouquet, corsages and boutonnières I have ever seen. They were a pleasure to work with! They also draped the chapel so beautifully.
Coordination- Laura from Event plus Design was by my side the entire day. She helped make sure we stayed on track with schedule and took care of all the little things that I would have not remembered at all. She even helped carry my dress!!!
Hair and Makeup- Jody is truly an artist! My hair was so beautiful. My makeup had me feeling like a true princess. My guests told me all night that I should be in a bridal magazine and it was all Jody's work. She has an amazing personality! She also helped my bridal party put flowers in their hair.
There is not a single thing I would change about our wedding!! I highly recommend Milton Ridge and their entire staff. I'm truly going to miss working with them!

Milton Ridge responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for the love! You were such a pleasure to work with and I am so glad to have had the chance to work with you to help make your wedding day special! Much love, joy and happiness to you both!!!

Services Used: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Officiant, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Recently Married

Had my ceremony and reception here. Was a wonderful venue. We got tons of compliments on how great the food was. Everyone wants great food at a wedding so this was awesome! The only frustrating thing was sometimes you have to remind the wedding coordinator about getting back to you if you had questions. You have to be patient with her. She's very sweet though. The only problem on the day of was there were stink bugs EVERYWHERE. In the bridal cottage, chapel, etc. I think it would've helped a lot if those were taking care of. But we had an amazing wedding.

Jannette
06/14/2014

I'm so happy we decided to have our wedding at a venue that had everything we needed, and IN ONE PLACE and the food was AMAZING.
Professionally, I'm a project manager, so when it came to wedding planning I thought that I had "everything under the sun" covered. As for my personality, I'm naturally positive and open to a bit of change when necessary. BUT people warned me that some things would NOT go as planned. I was okay with that but totally didn't expect to get a phone call from my flower vendor (I did the flower arrangements myself) just 1 1/2 days before my wedding saying that all 150 of my specialty white and pink roses had been destroyed by US Customs as they entered the US from Columbia/Ecuador. I was devastated. I couldn't take my eyes off the pictured that they'd sent me showing every box of roses rummaged through and nearly crushed. I cried for about 2 minutes, then forwarded the email to Tracy at Milton Ridge asking help. She got back to me RIGHT AWAY with a local wholesale florist that I could contact. In the end, we lucked out and got replacement roses and some peonies, from Whole Foods at a reasonable price. The ONLY reason I didn't panic was because of Tracy's calm presence and quick responsiveness to my dilemma. My only disappointment was the responsiveness of the DJ we booked. We went with DJ Fela for our wedding, but on the actual day someone else showed up. No big deal, we weren't too concerned but, I think the DJ could've done a better job of transitioning the music before/after the dinner toasts and other events. For instance, there were several times when there were awkward silences after announcements, the dinner toasts, then...the ultimate awkwardness-we cut our cake in complete silence, LOL! Luckily, I was having such a good time, I was able to laugh it off by saying "I'm glad we aren't doing the garter toss! Uumm, music? Please...anything will do." Other than that, everything was awesome and thanks for reading this long review :)

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ
Liliane
06/07/2014

We celebrated our wedding at Milton Ridge June 7th, 2014.... It was beyond wonderful, I actually don't know from where to start. The venue is awesome ,so beautiful ... We had an outdoor wedding and the decor was fantastic,the white chairs,the flowers,the beautiful garden,the chapel which we didn't use but were able to take pictures in...the reception hall? The pictures are incredible...that's what every bride will love to look at few years down the road... The staff, amazing,on time,sooooooo professional but at the same time giving you a sense of confidence that everything is fine...the food? Everyone at the wedding said the food was exquisite and there was beyond enough for everyone... The cottage? The best place to get ready and wait like princess until they are ready for you...and last but not least,TRACY!!!!! In the beginning I felt like I couldn't get a hold of her but every time I met her it was like a good shower on a dry season...she is been patient,kind,acting like a wedding planner though she wasn't one. Up till the last minute she was available not only to me but to my family...it was just great!!!!
Liliane.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Milton Ridge was a beautiful and quaint location perfect for my husband and I’s wedding day! We wanted a small, simple wedding with a touch of elegance to make our wedding an even more special event! Tracy is the most important link to ensure the day comes together perfectly. She was a wonderful planner throughout and made everything come together very well. The staff was so nice and accommodating and the food was delicious! Thanks to the Chef Wahid. Overall, the venue was just right for our guests, a lot of whom were coming from out of town, so having the ability to have our ceremony and reception at the same location was convenient. Milton Ridge has amazing grounds for taking beautiful pictures, especially in June.
Thank you Milton Ridge!!!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Flowers, Officiant, Wedding Cake

I love Milton Ridge and will recommend them to everyone I know. Tracy Brooks and her team where the absolute best host anyone could ask for. They handled everything I had no worries the whole day. The food was hot and delicious and my wedding day was out of this world. Check out the pictures to see the true beauty

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Lisa
05/03/2014

Tracy Brooks is wonderful to work with. From the moment that we booked our wedding to our wedding day, Tracy was very helpful and accommodating with all of our questions and request. We had a seated dinner at our wedding and the entire meal was exceptional and the entire staff was very professional.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ
Sandy
10/11/2013

Tracy and all Milton Ridge employees were very nice and always willing to help us with anything we needed. I would recommend this place to all my friends who are looking for a place where it is clean and beautiful, also where you don't have to look far to find amazing vendors that work with Milton Ridge

Lee
10/05/2013

To say Milton Ridge was a “great” wedding venue for our daughter and our new son-in-law would be an understatement. “Perfect” would better capture how their wedding day went at Milton Ridge. The newlyweds and their 100 guests were all treated to a truly special event which was all orchestrated by the very talented and dedicated Milton Ridge coordinator, Tracy Lynn Brooks. Tracy is simply the best wedding coordinator on the entire planet. Period! From the first time we met with Tracy and every time afterwards, whether in person or through emails, she had only one goal: to make our daughter’s wedding an exceptional day. And there were no unforeseen surprises.
The wedding ceremony itself was expertly performed by the very warm and loveable Fr. Rob who could not have been more perfect for the newlyweds. Everyone said what a great job he did.
The floral decorations of the chapel and reception hall exquisitely captured our daughter’s wedding colors of hot pink and orange. Laura and Kerri of Event Plus Design gave the same attention to detail as Tracy. They did a great job working within our budget and making many excellent recommendations which only added to the splendor of the day.
The catering services also first-rate as the hors d’oeuvres and entrees were superb. Many of the guests commented on the excellent selection and quantity available. The entire staff was also professional in every sense of the word.
As for the venue itself - the Bridal Cottage, Historic Chapel, and Reception Hall – all exceeded our expectations, as the newlyweds were treated to a wonderful (and worry-free) day that they will cherish for a long time. Having the chapel and reception hall adjacent to each other on expertly managed floral grounds was nothing short of wonderful.

Anonymous
1+ year ago

Tracey and Pastor Lee were wonderful!! Great service and very flexible. Would recommend to any bride!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Officiant
Bruce
08/16/2013

A dream wedding for my daughter - - - PERFECTION!

Tracy and the team were wonderful to work with and handled every detail with a smile.

The venue is so beautiful and elegant, we could not wish for more. The food was well prepared and presented, and the DJ was FUN.

I would recommend Milton Ridge to anyone, with no reservation. It was a pleasure working with them and the result was AMAZING!

Thank you Tracy and Milton Ridge!!!!!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Wedding Planning