MILL CREST VINTAGE

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Paula was spectacular! My best woman, mother, and I all found dresses easily through Paula's guidance. She was intuitive, honest, and flexible. There are so many gorgeous dresses at Millcrest Vintage, it will be my top wedding recommendation.

1 Review
1+ year ago

Paula is terrific - she is able to find the prefect dress in the right size = my daughter found the most perfect wedding dress without any need for a fitting - thrilled with the service and choices available.

1+ year ago

I knew I wanted a vintage look for my wedding and I didn't want to deal with regular bridal salons. Mill Crest Vintage was the second shop I went to for my search. I arranged the appointment via email and gave the owner, Paula, some ideas of what I was looking for. I also emailed her some of the styles I saw on her web site. I went for my appointment and tried on a bunch of dresses. During that session I found my wedding dress, a 1950s fit-and-flare ivory dress. In addition to the dress, I bought all my bridal attire at the same shop. Paula was wonderful and fun to work with, and she got me all set for the wedding day. I bought a head piece that I had netting put on (through her shop), gloves, shoes, and a crinolin for under the dress to give it that real "poof." Paula was there for me every step of the way, during all the months leading up to the wedding, when I'd come by to pick things up or for a fitting. I also bought a lace bolero in a color in order to change up my look for the reception -- another Paula suggestion. She also used an excellent seamstress who fitted and repaired my dress. I would highly recommend her shop and working with her. So many brides look the same, going vintage was a great idea and people loved my outfit and said I nailed the look. Paula has a lot of knowledge of period styles and is an expert in textiles and fabrics so you are in good hands. I would also visit her shop for other purchases, not just for a wedding. She's got tons of amazing dresses and accessories. Plus it's fun to support a small business owner in a cool town like Lambertville.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I had so much fun trying on vintage dresses! It was a fashion majors dream being in Paula's adorable shop. I can't wait to wear my 1950's wedding dress!

Anonymous
1+ year ago

Paula is wonderful! She has a great eye for design, for what fits the type of wedding, and most especially what looks wonderful on the bride. She was an immense help to me in determining what to choose for my wedding dress. I also left with a gorgeous rehersal dinner dress and reception dress. Her dresses and accessories are beautiful and in excellent condition. Going to Mill Crest Vintage to purchase my wedding gown was the best decision I have made since saying yes!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I knew I wanted a vintage wedding dress and did not feel confident in buying one online that I wasn't absolutely sure would perfectly fit me. Paula and her assistant were a pleasure to work with and helped me find a dress within my limited budget. I highly recommend giving Paula your measurements beforehand and an idea of the era/style you are interested in. I did this and when I arrived, there were already dresses waiting for me. I found Paula to be responsive over email and extremely flexible. When I thought I wouldn't be able to make the 2.5 hour drive in my limited time visiting NJ she even offered to open up her store early to accommodate me.

2+ years ago

I found an excellent and unique dress here and received many compliments. Paula was very helpful and has excellent fashion sense. She found me the perfect veil, shoes, and purse to go with the dress. She even gave me a free pearl necklace and directed me to a necklace shop where I could have something made. She was awesome! And the seam stress was dedicated and so nice!

Anonymous
1 Review
2+ years ago

I went to Millcrest Vintage to find that perfect one of a kind wedding dress you wouldn't be able to get anywhere else, and was more than thrilled with the results. The owner of the shop Paula was lovely despite me being over an hour late for our appointment. I let her know beforehand what I was looking for, and every dress she pulled was exactly what I would have chosen for myself and fit gorgeously. I cannot wait until the wedding to put THE dress on again! The shop is a vintage lovers dream come true!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Mill Crest Vintage is an amazing store, with a large collection of beautiful and unique dresses and accessories (both bridal and otherwise) that you will not see anywhere else. Paula responds very quickly to email, and was able to accept a last minute appointment with only 4 days notice. She asks for your measurements, price point, and examples of dresses you are interested in wearing ahead of your appointment, so that she can have a bunch of dresses ready for when you arrive- you can show her examples from your own research, or from her large collection available on the Mill Crest Website. Most importantly, she REALLY understands a woman's body, and what will fit and be flattering. I felt that not only did she have dresses ready for me that fit beautifully, but she quickly came to understand the style I was interested in and what would be flattering on my body type. Side note: I am 5'8" and a size 12, not the typical petite size of vintage clothing, and there were at least 8 dresses available for me to try on (there would have been more if I were open to other styles/shapes). Paula also has a great vision for alterations that will not only improve the fit of a dress, but make it the perfect dress for you as an individual (example, adding sleeves, changing necklines, etc.). Finally, Paula is fun, and truly excited to see you find the unique dress you've been searching for! I left Mill Crest with the perfect wedding dress, and it was the first dress Paula had me try on! I will be back to pick out my hair accessories/veil and possibly sending my bridesmaids here for dresses as well. Thank you Paula!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

This vintage store was my saving grace! I had searched all over New York city for a dress, and found bad service and bad dresses. I sent Paula my measurements a day beforehand and when I arrived at the store, she had dresses set out for me that she knew would fit and look great on my body. The first dress I tried on was the perfect one!
Paula and her assistant were friendly, gave me great advice, open, and simply lovely. I recommend this play highly! Well worth the two hour trip from NYC.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

As second, more mature bride, I needed something that was unique and totally me. Paula and her assistant showed me one beautiful dress after another and helped me pinpoint the look I was trying to create! Her things are AMAZING! I am not a shopper and they both gave their undivided attention to me, making it fun and enjoyable. It has become a story and memory that I will enjoy telling!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I was in the market for vintage wedding gown and scoured the Web for vendors in the tri-state area. I had been in Paula's beautiful shop once before and knew that she has a true talent for vintage clothing and that her shop was great. Even knowing what a high quality establishment I was dealing with, Mill Crest Vintage knocked my socks off with its incredible dress selection and ability to recommend dresses that were right for me, my style and figure. Paula and Angie were extremely knowledgable, supportive and patient with me in my selection of a wedding gown. This is such a personal expression of any bride's personality and her style that it is important to work with someone who truly understands your needs and your wish to look your best on your special day. For me, that meant a glorious silk organza gown with incredible detail from the 1950s in mint condition, plus a French lace shawl, flower headpiece, bag and spectacular cream colored beaded shoes. Nobody else I investigated had the depth and breadth of styles that Mill Crest Vintage has. There is truly something for everyone in Paula's incredible collection. Worth making a journey for, check out Mill Crest Vintage and the expert styling of its owner Paula. I can't recommend her highly enough.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

The staff at Mill Crest makes it what it is. They are passionate about what they do, about what you want, and about making sure that you look and feel your very best in your dress. The clothes are amazing. You can tell how much they love and respect every piece in there - I'm so happy to have found a dress at Mill Crest!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I think it was fate that I met Paula at Mill Crest Vintage in Lambertville, NJ. Wedding dress shopping without a mom or dad could have been a tough experience. Instead, I stumbled upon this jewel of a store and this incredible owner whose passion for vintage dresses is only matched by the care she gives her clients. Her energy and excitement was contagious and I walked out with not only my dress, but the two dresses for my maids of honors, our cardigans, white gloves and sweet shoes.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I had the kind of experience at Mill Crest Vintage that every bride is looking for. I was familiar with the store from having lived in Lamberville in the past, and even though I currently live in Massachusetts knew that this was the place I wanted to look for my dress. The store is packed with gorgeous clothing, shoes, hats and other accessories from multiple eras, and there is a lovely bridal salon in the back. Paula, as well as her staff, are not only knowledgeable, they truly want you to find something that looks fabulous and makes you feel not only beautiful, but comfortable. Trust them.

I had called ahead (which is what you should do), and given Paula my size, as well as an idea of what I was looking for. Dresses were already pulled when I arrived for my appointment, and one thing after another was wonderful. Then I tried on "the" dress, white lace from the 40s, and that was it. Only it wasn't--I then found wedding shoes, an incredible jacket, a headpiece, a chiffon cocktail length dress from the 70s for my shower and matching fuschia shoes, and yet another dress and shoes for my honeymoon. It was almost unbelievable.

Paula works with a wonderful seamstress, Susan, who altered my one-of-a-kind dress to fit me perfectly, and created a sash to Paula's specifications.

I cannot imagine a better experience.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I had seen Paula's amazing collection of dresses online for awhile before visiting her location in New Jersey. I found my wedding dress, rehearsal dress and many other great pieces at her store. Her collection blew me away and by far is the best place to go in the North East for a wedding dress. The atmosphere is warm and inviting, the complete opposite of a wedding store. Paula has amazing style and is a good person who is not just trying to make a sale. Her seamstress Lorraine is such a sweetheart and does a top notch job. She remade my rehearsal dress that was outdated and turned it into a completely different dress. People were stunned at my dresses at the wedding. They are reasonably priced for perfect vintage, not cheap, but 100 percent worth it. For one cost of a dress at a typical bridal store I walked out with about 6 different things, alterations and great memories. They have made me a client for life and I strongly suggest going here for the dress of your dreams.