Milk Bar

• Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

I'm a huge Milk Bar fan and knew I had to have a Milk Bar wedding cake. I loved the unique, raw, unfrosted presentation but unfortunately it just didn't taste as good as it looked. It tasted like something that had been frozen rock solid, then left out to defrost. Too dense and overly sweet. Disappointing.

• Wedding: 12/13/2014
Private User
4.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I opted for a delicious 3-tier wedding cake without fancy frosting, which I knew all our guests would enjoy, over a typical wedding cake that may look nice but not nearly as yummy, and I would do it all over again. My husband and I are huge fans of their entire menu of desserts, and it was pretty much a no-brainer when it came to where we would get our cake from. The only question was deciding what flavors to get (and they sure have many!). We got a cake sample pack for $25, and decided on two of their best: strawberry lemon for the top and bottom tiers, and german chocolate for the middle tier. If you have not tried their cakes or other desserts, you're surely missing out. Our guests loved the cake and their cookies were a big hit at the end of the evening! The ordering process was quick and simple, and they of course had very friendly customer service. The only glitch that I would note is the delivery, which was not very timely. I specifically requested a 1PM sharp delivery time when I placed the order and although this was confirmed by the sales rep, the delivery did not arrive until around 3PM on the day of. We had a 3:30pm ceremomy start time, and I wanted the cake to be set up and displayed during our ceremony. Luckily it arrived before the ceremony started, but it was a bit hectic at the last minute as guests were arriving while the cake had to be set up as they were being seated. It would had been a huge disappointment if it had arrived any later, but our catering staff took care of everything in a timely manner and it was smooth sailing from there.

• Wedding: 11/29/2014
jenny
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Why anyone would get some fondant covered thing is beyond me. Momofuku cakes are the bomb. We got 3 tiers- pistachio, apple pie and chocolate malt. It was delicious and beautiful. Ordering was super easy too. The hardest part was picking the flavors!

• Wedding: 11/15/2014
4.6/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

What can I say - momofuku milk bar makes delicious, delicious desserts. We ordered three cakes for our wedding and over 1000 cookies (five varieties) as favors, and everybody who tasted them, raved about them. Truly a New York gem.

• Wedding: 11/01/2014
Kim
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We ordered our wedding cake from milk bar and it was delicious!!!! The ordering process was fun and easy and the staff was super helpful with any questions. I was a little nervous with shipping and storing the cake until the reception, but they packaged and shipped it perfectly and it was in perfect shape. Thanks for helping make our wedding delicious!!!!

• Wedding: 10/25/2014
4.9/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We chose to have our wedding cake baked by Momofuku after falling completely in love with their birthday cake truffle balls. My husband and I went for a tasting and fell in love with all the flavors and we knew it would be a hit at our wedding reception. The team at Momofuku was very professional and responsive and had answers to all our questions. The payment process was pretty flawless and left us resting assured that our cake was going to turn out great. After the event, our friends and family could not stop talking about the amazing cake we had and how unique it was. We were eating leftovers days after the event and it was still delicious! From a pricing standpoint, the price of the cake was on the higher side of cakes but it was well worth every penny.

• Wedding: 10/20/2014
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Loved my cake! Very creative and absolutely delicious. We had 4 tiers and chose chocolate malt, pistachio, carrot, and birthday cake. Highly recommended if you want to do something other than a boring buttercream.

• Wedding: 10/18/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding cake was delicious and all of our guest raved about the Cookie favors!!!

• Wedding: 10/12/2014
4.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

I've had their cakes many times, and already knew it would be delicious. The cake was frozen beforehand, unbeknownst to me. Because of this we had issues cutting into the top layer. I can't fault the bakery as I had my coordinator pick up the cake. There may have been a lack of communication when the cake was dropped off at the restaurant. It should have been left out to thaw, I don't think it happened.

I have to say, when I complained after the fact, Milk Bar did make an attempt to appease my husband and I.

• Wedding: 10/04/2014
hypnoticBX
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I used Momofuku as my wedding cake, so pleased I did. Although not traditional everyone loved the cake. It was so tasty and looked beautiful. Can't go wrong with Momofuku

• Wedding: 09/12/2014
4.7/5.0
  • Flexibility: 3.5

Being from New York, we absolutely had to have something from Milk Bar at our wedding. During our years living in Manhattan, their cake truffles were always in high demand any time we visited family back in St. Louis or L.A. We ordered a wedding cake for a Sunday wedding, and they delivered it that Friday in perfect condition. It was a huge hit at the wedding, with only the lucky few managing to sneak away seconds before it was completely gone. Our only quibbles would be that (a) they don’t deliver on Saturday--which ordinarily won’t be a problem but our wedding was on a Sunday, so extra refrigeration was required on our end; and (b) we don’t recall them telling us that the cake would need some “assembly” after it was unboxed, which shouldn’t have come up as a surprise but we could have used instructions at least! Our Maid of Honor did a fine job putting it together, but there were toppings left over since it wasn’t clear where things were “supposed” to go.

• Wedding: 08/31/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We ordered a 4 tier wedding cake from Momofuku and OMG. The venue staff at Trump Soho commented it was the coolest and best looking cake they had EVER seen.

But they didnt even taste it!!! It was absolutely delicious. The guests were all raving about it and rightfully so. It was delicious.

They were on time, ordering was a cinch and the finished product tasted even better than than the tasting box we ordered. AMAZING.

• Wedding: 08/30/2014
Cristy
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We did a 4-tier cake with alternating layers, of the groom's pick - Chocolate Chip, which has passion fruit curd, chocolate crumbs, coffee buttercream and my pick - Strawberry-Lemon, which is made up of lemon cheesecake, pickled strawberry jam, milk crumbs. It was absolutely delicious, I'm tempted every once in a while to take a bite out of our "anniversary slice" lol. Our florist added some small flowers to some of the layers to dress it up a bit and our guests raved about how fun and different the cake looked.

• Wedding: 08/23/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Absolutely glorious!! I only got to try a bite, but all the guests were raving about the cake and it looked so amazing. Ordering and delivery were fast, simple, reliable....pretty straightforward. Would definitely recommend for a creative touch!

• Wedding: 08/08/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The cakes from Momofuku are incredibly delicious and worth ever penny. The only annoying thing is the exorbitant delivery fee. Besides that, I would most definitely recommend them for your wedding cake. They are so unique and different and the flavors are to die for.

• Wedding: 08/03/2014
  • Flexibility: 4.0

We were skeptical about doing such a non-traditional cake for our wedding, but it ended up being the best decision ever! We picked the birthday cake flavor (being our favorite flavor) and it was DELICIOUS! All of our guests were very excited and pleased by our cake selection. Momofuku Milkbar was great to work with also. Very responsive and easy to deal with. This was also a bargain for a wedding cake, compared to typical wedding cake prices. The only issue (not even an issue really) was that there isn't very much customization you can do with them. Their cakes/flavors come as is. For example, we wanted to do white sprinkles instead of the confetti sprinkles but they wouldn't do it. Other than that though, fantastic vendor and delicious cake!

• Wedding: 07/26/2014
Services Used: Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake
347-577-9504
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
4.7